Author Topic: Post the top of your keyboard  (Read 1852 times)

Offline tipo33

• "Ski"
Post the top of your keyboard
« on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 11:10:29 »
One of the reasons I like the model M and a lot of the older keyboards, is the storage space above the keys for various commonly accesed things, or fragile things, or whatever. 

As you can see, I keep some screwdrivers, a pen, some old processors, random laptop memory, some AS5, and a Wheelwriter wheel thingie. 

What do you keep on the "storage space" of your keyboard?
« Last Edit: Sat, 05 October 2013, 11:14:10 by tipo33 »
KM4COL    R.I.P.  SmallFry

Offline Phedran

• Phedran.com
Re: Post the top of your keyboard
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 13:24:19 »
When I used the Logitech G15 I used to keep my to-do lists, sometimes a pen, tablet stylus, USB stick, or similar things on the top.

Now I use a compact board.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 17:27:57 »
Back in the day when I had an old all-in-one computer, I used to scribble important notes on the case (which is where the top of your keyboard is, but higher, and extending further backwards).

When I eventually sold it, the entire top was a maze of important pencil scribblings.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Steven

• Formerly lowyatguy
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 20:55:57 »
I keep dust on top of my keyboard most of the time until they getting thicker and annoyed me.
LF: Duck Mini V1 aka Duck Poker Case
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=49840.0
-----------------------------------------------------
KMAC Happy | Hammer Poker Titanium & Silver | Leopold FC660M | FILCO TKL White | Ducky 9008S2 Pink | Ducky 9008G2 Pro Dye Sub | Ducky YOTD