Author Topic: [GB] GreenTea Set - Doubleshot w/ Cherry Legends [Postponed]  (Read 18390 times)

Offline KaboomTheory

• Shrek is love, Shrek is life
Re: [GB] GreenTea Set - Doubleshot w/ Cherry Legends
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 11:14:24 »
That's because it's subtle, not "in your face". It's the kind of set to become a classic like Dolch.

Yeah, I feel like a milky yellow color would of been great for the modifiers, but that would probably look like a ccng set in a way.

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #51 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 12:30:49 »
That's because it's subtle, not "in your face". It's the kind of set to become a classic like Dolch.

This is what I was thinking when I first saw the set :)
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline numiru

« Reply #52 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 14:16:44 »
I'm thinking about cancelling this set and re-running it (possibly in DSA profile) at a later time. I learned it's better to build up hype before a set launches with an interest check. So maybe I can take a mulligan and find a better time to run this set.
KUL ES-87

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #53 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 14:30:45 »
DSA ..... i love that profile and in this combo ... :D

Offline dantan

« Reply #54 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 16:32:26 »
The GreenTea set is a DCS profile doubleshot ABS keyset. It features Cherry Replica legends on gray and green keycaps.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

why not have an option for an all-lime green set?

Offline numiru

« Reply #55 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 17:47:04 »
Set will be re-run sometime in the next month.
KUL ES-87

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #56 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 01:51:32 »
ok. now that midnight has tipped and greentea has been postponed, I'm in liberty to speak :)

I love this set, really. I like all sets that are original in some way. I'm bored to death by "dolch replicas".

numiru, imho you chose a very very bad timing though. First of all, you run a set in the same profile and with the same legends of the Midnight set that itself was struggling to reach the MOQ. I know they are two completely different sets, but people's wallet is the same.

IMHO, we should try to have only 1 GB per profile at the same time, unless they are extremely different (eg: abs vs pbt).

Secondly (and this is an error I did myself) other very big GBs just ended and (again) cannibalized people's wallet.

It would be nice to open a thread under SP sub-forum where GB leaders tune up together to avoid collisions.

Offline Mooby

• Funployee
« Reply #57 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 02:51:36 »
For me it's the ABS+SP combo that keeps me from ordering. I just got to much ABS sets and that stuff gets shiny way to fast with me.

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #58 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 03:11:54 »
I agree with matt3o, a thread on SP forum for planning would be really nice, to be able to plan the release of each set and avoid cannibalization.
I hope numiru will run this set again, because the color combo is just amazing if it's in DCS profile on DSA profile I will buy it. If it's DSA I will be more than happy as that profile is the perfect one for me and maybe I would buy 2  :thumb:
So hold on to this design and don't let go  :thumb:

Offline numiru

« Reply #59 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 10:17:15 »
GreenTea round 2 will be DSA. ^-^
« Last Edit: Wed, 16 July 2014, 11:03:35 by numiru »
KUL ES-87

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #60 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 10:32:37 »
Finger crossed for GMK :D that would be awesome.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #61 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 15:08:17 »

I do not believe that GMK do DSA profile.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #62 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 15:10:37 »
I know that :D
But GMK is Cherry profile and that is nice ;)

Offline Grendel

• Firmware for Costar Replacement Controllers
« Reply #63 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 15:14:58 »
Good luck getting the 250 MOQ w/ GMK. I would rather have SA, DSA, or even DCS caps in my hands than forever yearning over-hyped and over-priced GMK caps.
« Last Edit: Wed, 16 July 2014, 15:21:57 by Grendel »
Currently using: RK-9000WH/GR, CMS QFXT w/ Ghost Squid
- I'm game !

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #64 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 16:50:49 »

I do not believe that GMK do DSA profile.

they call it M8, but they have low spherical top keys. I don't know if they can do a full keyboard though.

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #65 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 20:06:20 »
I know that GMK can not do DSA, but this set in Cherry profile would be nice :)
But as Grendel said I would prefer a DSA or DCS in my hand instead of waiting for that huge MOQ to be reached...

Offline Heliosphere

« Reply #66 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 20:08:41 »
I was considering this keyset because I love the colors. However, I've already spent hundreds in these past few weeks on Matt3o's keyset and other keyboard stuff so I was not keen on buying. However, now that you're considering rerunning next month in DSA, I will be more likely to get it when that comes around!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #67 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 20:30:52 »
I know that GMK can not do DSA, but this set in Cherry profile would be nice :)
But as Grendel said I would prefer a DSA or DCS in my hand instead of waiting for that huge MOQ to be reached...

Then you might run into the problem that GMK have only limited colours, and might not match this set exactly.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline numiru

« Reply #68 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 20:49:00 »
Round 2 will be done through Signature Plastics, not GMK.
KUL ES-87

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #69 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 01:55:08 »
GreenTea round 2 will be DSA. ^-^

Darn.... I don't like DSA profile.

How about you create an interest check thread and ask there what profile people want, so you choose the one most likely to reach MOQ?

I still think this would be best as a GMK doubleshot set, but I'm not sure you'd be able to get enough people to buy to reach the 250 MOQ.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
Re: [GB] GreenTea Set - Doubleshot w/ Cherry Legends [Postponed]
« Reply #70 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 02:10:28 »
I don't think you can have Cehrry legends in DSA, so maybe DCS is the best way.
But a IC would be good, I know a lot of people will scream SA (that's the new hype at this moment)....
I have some proposals for for the set so an IC thread would be nice

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #71 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 04:15:48 »
NOOO! NOOO! ICs!

:P

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #72 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 07:42:37 »
 @matt3o:Yeah, you're right :D
@numiru: just do what you feel is right and would like to have ;)

Offline numiru

« Reply #73 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 08:40:35 »
How about an IC with a poll?
KUL ES-87

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #74 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 09:01:03 »
How about an IC with a poll?

(seriously, look at Midnight)

Offline numiru

KUL ES-87

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #76 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 10:10:18 »
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1qYIvZ6jUZQBX1xLksPHY6lP3m2vTLhkG0sho7steW84/viewform
Is this a good form?

I'd remove "Are you interested in the GreenTea set?"

if they are filing an IC I guess they are :)

anyway I don't think you need an IC. Your set is good, just pick a better timing, make simple kits, add options. I would skip on blanks. just my 0.02

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #77 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 10:39:49 »
Yep, drop the blanks, a blank set would just split the orders, and only few like blanks anyway.
The way you did it last time was close to perfect, if you would add in the Tsangan also Caps Lock replacement ( Control instead of Caps) ,add also |/ 1u key for the number row and 1.5u Row2 backspace HHKB style.
And that's all.

For profile keep what you like, don't listen to IC's, if it's not something you like it's all for nothing  :thumb:

If you like it you will be able to promote it because is something you believe in, people feel that and the GB will be a success  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Fri, 18 July 2014, 10:46:13 by DanielT »

Offline numiru

« Reply #78 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 11:19:34 »
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1qYIvZ6jUZQBX1xLksPHY6lP3m2vTLhkG0sho7steW84/viewform
Is this a good form?

I'd remove "Are you interested in the GreenTea set?"

if they are filing an IC I guess they are :)

anyway I don't think you need an IC. Your set is good, just pick a better timing, make simple kits, add options. I would skip on blanks. just my 0.02

Yep, drop the blanks, a blank set would just split the orders, and only few like blanks anyway.
The way you did it last time was close to perfect, if you would add in the Tsangan also Caps Lock replacement ( Control instead of Caps) ,add also |/ 1u key for the number row and 1.5u Row2 backspace HHKB style.
And that's all.

For profile keep what you like, don't listen to IC's, if it's not something you like it's all for nothing  :thumb:

If you like it you will be able to promote it because is something you believe in, people feel that and the GB will be a success  :thumb:

Fixed form.
I'll add a caps lock replacement control, HHKB backspace and num-row |/ 1u key, as well as a stepped capslock to the tsangan kit. As for profile, I like all of those profiles so I want to go with one the community likes the most.
« Last Edit: Fri, 18 July 2014, 11:53:31 by numiru »
KUL ES-87

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #79 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 11:59:32 »
In a strange way I would buy it in any profile :) that much I love the color scheme.
Im DCS is nice that you have Cherry legends. DSA is superb, flat yet curvy.
SA strange profile, bit too high for my taste.
What you have to do is to plan the GB so that it ends by the end of the month maybe cach the start of the next month , that's the time people cash their paychecks :P

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #80 on: Sat, 26 July 2014, 13:24:17 »
I would love this set in GMK Cherry profile. I believe this set could reach MOQ for that if it gets enough exposure. The colours are truly great. I want this in thick, high quality with Cherry legends, but if the only way to get to MOQ is to go through SP, then I think DCS is still the best option.

I think GMK will generate the most purchases, but it's very hard to say if it would reach the really high MOQ (250 sets!). I think the next most popular profile would be DCS with DSA following closely. Just my own speculation on this judging by other GB's and my own experiences.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline numiru

« Reply #81 on: Sat, 26 July 2014, 13:25:41 »
I would love this set in GMK Cherry profile. I believe this set could reach MOQ for that if it gets enough exposure. The colours are truly great. I want this in thick, high quality with Cherry legends, but if the only way to get to MOQ is to go through SP, then I think DCS is still the best option.

I think GMK will generate the most purchases, but it's very hard to say if it would reach the really high MOQ (250 sets!). I think the next most popular profile would be DCS with DSA following closely. Just my own speculation on this judging by other GB's and my own experiences.
It's DCS, see the r2 IC thread for more details.
KUL ES-87

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #82 on: Sat, 26 July 2014, 14:00:28 »
Giving up already? I didn't even know it was up on SP for orders yet. :(

DSA = won't buy. SA is great, but nobody understands how to do the row profiles, and want to make it uniform row 3 for some stupid reason.

GMK would be the best option, if MOQ could be met. DCS with Cherry legends would be second best.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline numiru

« Reply #83 on: Sat, 26 July 2014, 15:18:00 »

DSA = won't buy. SA is great, but nobody understands how to do the row profiles, and want to make it uniform row 3 for some stupid reason.

GMK would be the best option, if MOQ could be met. DCS with Cherry legends would be second best.
What? I haven't started the round 2 GB yet... All the updated info is on the other thread...
KUL ES-87

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #84 on: Sat, 26 July 2014, 15:19:58 »

What? I haven't started the round 2 GB yet... All the updated info is on the other thread...

Oh sorry. I confused this thread for that one. Disregard. :)
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."