Author Topic: [IC] Hubble Mira Custom TKL (GB is 3... 2... 1... launched!)  (Read 579253 times)

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
Re: [IC] Hubble Mira Custom TKL (Pre-orders beginning 7/21/15)
« Reply #550 on: Wed, 15 July 2015, 18:34:10 »
Was wondering, do you guys accept Canadian Tender? Like how would this work out for someone living in Canada?

Paypal or whatever payment service ends up getting used will convert for you.

Would prefer a winkey and 1.25u bottom row, but a winkey 1.5u bottom row would be acceptable. No winkey (and no fn key on the right) would be a deal breaker for me, unfortunately.
No need to worry, I talked to the CNC shop, we can offer both, however their may be a slight premium for one or the other depending on how many of each are ordered :thumb: The PCB and plate should support both bottom row configurations as well

When you say both configurations are supported, are you talking about 125 vs 150, or winkey vs winkeyless?
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #551 on: Wed, 15 July 2015, 18:37:44 »
A question,
Does this mean any of the rendered color will be available?
Or it will be limited to a few option? cos I really love the hot pink only
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline adamski07

• * Maker
  • adamskimodz|fudorekz12
« Reply #552 on: Wed, 15 July 2015, 19:01:24 »
Will it be possible to get just only the case? I already own a wkl b.87 board and it's pretty bnew. Or if not, would the buyers be able to add additional case on their order? It would be nice if somebody can help me out to get the case and I'll just pay them.

Offline Kyi195

« Reply #553 on: Wed, 15 July 2015, 19:39:18 »
I know for a fact that I'd like the winkey.  I may go see if there's a way to set something up to disable it when I'm gaming but even then I seem to get by just fine on my V60 that has a winkey and only ever hit it when I need to.  Plus, you could always set something up to make it another fn key or something.  I know there's software-level stuff that will let you do that.  I'm just glad that the preorders will be opened when I get to where I'm going  :D

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
  • Location: Observable Universe, Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way Galaxy, Solar System, Planet Earth
« Reply #554 on: Wed, 15 July 2015, 19:50:04 »
Was wondering, do you guys accept Canadian Tender? Like how would this work out for someone living in Canada?

Paypal or whatever payment service ends up getting used will convert for you.

Would prefer a winkey and 1.25u bottom row, but a winkey 1.5u bottom row would be acceptable. No winkey (and no fn key on the right) would be a deal breaker for me, unfortunately.
No need to worry, I talked to the CNC shop, we can offer both, however their may be a slight premium for one or the other depending on how many of each are ordered :thumb: The PCB and plate should support both bottom row configurations as well

When you say both configurations are supported, are you talking about 125 vs 150, or winkey vs winkeyless?

both  :)) not interchangeably of course though (unless you would like to take a dremmel to your blockers  :p )

A question,
Does this mean any of the rendered color will be available?
Or it will be limited to a few option? cos I really love the hot pink only

read past comments

Will it be possible to get just only the case? I already own a wkl b.87 board and it's pretty bnew. Or if not, would the buyers be able to add additional case on their order? It would be nice if somebody can help me out to get the case and I'll just pay them.

the b87 pcb will not work with the case or plate, it is a custom pcb with different f row spacing.

Offline dakuzo

« Reply #555 on: Wed, 15 July 2015, 20:33:15 »
Ohh pre-orders starting on my birthday  :thumb: Happy birthday to myself  :p
Digilog Realforce 87u - 45g - GMK Dolch
Leopold FC660C - JTK WoB
GoN Nerd Crystal TKL - 62g Mx Blacks - JTK PoW
Duck Octagon - Gateron Blacks - Miami Odessa R4

Offline chromatically

« Reply #556 on: Wed, 15 July 2015, 20:41:33 »
hopefully i get in on the numbered preorder. is orange a possibility?
nice work on the renders, they all look fantastic. hard to really choose what color i'd go for... hnnnng

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #557 on: Wed, 15 July 2015, 22:24:19 »
Guys, this would be my first custom keyboard. Convince me to buy it.

While I prefer more minimal keyboards, the logo isn't as flashy. The price tag is steep for someone who's never bought an MX board, let alone custom, but the hype for this is huge.

Offline KatzenKinder

• * Maker
« Reply #558 on: Wed, 15 July 2015, 22:50:08 »

Guys, this would be my first custom keyboard. Convince me to buy it.

While I prefer more minimal keyboards, the logo isn't as flashy. The price tag is steep for someone who's never bought an MX board, let alone custom, but the hype for this is huge.

Building it can be fun / it's gorgeous / high resale value in the case that it doesn't suit you / fully custom switch options

That said, make sure you find out exactly what switches you want. It'd be a shame for a board of this price and quality to not be perfect for you.

Offline filphil

• One day I hope to find a love like JD and Turk
« Reply #559 on: Wed, 15 July 2015, 23:10:45 »
Echo what katzen said. Try to visit a local microcenter if  you have one so that you have an idea of stay switches you'd like

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #560 on: Thu, 16 July 2015, 00:11:27 »
Oh, I have a switch tester, but that's about it. I'm just not sure which switches should go on this beautiful board for me.

I think I'm going to just by the kit and assemble it later once I've made up my mind.

Offline E3E

« Reply #561 on: Thu, 16 July 2015, 00:19:21 »
Everyone is speculating that this keyboard will have mega resale value, so I guess it's time to ask the question: What do you all predict this keyboard's value will be after production ends? Do you think it's going to be a 1k+ gem like OTD boards? Might be a touchy subject to talk about, but its resale value has been hyped quite a bit!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #562 on: Thu, 16 July 2015, 00:24:13 »
Everyone is speculating that this keyboard will have mega resale value, so I guess it's time to ask the question: What do you all predict this keyboard's value will be after production ends? Do you think it's going to be a 1k+ gem like OTD boards? Might be a touchy subject to talk about, but its resale value has been hyped quite a bit!
Pretty sure I'm going to empty my 401k and invest it in sneakers and keyboards :cool:

Buying this as an investment is stupid. Get it cause you want it. Don't get it to sell it. This isn't a Supreme lineup.

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #563 on: Thu, 16 July 2015, 00:24:31 »
Where? I don't mean to put anyone down, especially Hubble, but OTD boards are the highest quality, and highest sought after keyboards. This definitely won't be more than 1k resale, but they will probably be around Duck board resale prices.

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #564 on: Thu, 16 July 2015, 00:25:28 »
Pretty sure I'm going to empty my 401k and invest it in sneakers and keyboards :cool:

Buying this as an investment is stupid. Get it cause you want it. Don't get it to sell it. This isn't a Supreme lineup.
And the same way I feel about clothes, wear it / use it. I know I am going to try and get the Supreme x Nike tomorrow, and if I do, sure as hell I will be wearing them

Offline E3E

« Reply #565 on: Thu, 16 July 2015, 00:34:01 »

I certainly agree, Sir CPTBadass  :thumb:  I am enamored with this board due to the really solid creative concept behind it and its pretty design qualities. It doesn't just have some arbitrary name that the creator came up with, it's built around a cohesive theme. I really like that.  That said, while I find this board beautiful and am tempted to buy one just because of that, I have to listen to my inner reason. I've never been much a fan of TKL or larger boards. It just wouldn't fit with the layouts I'm most comfortable with. I'd be buying just to buy it which isn't much of a reason (though I'd imagine it is for many others :P). 

I just bought an Octagon because I felt it'd be the perfect custom for me. Buying this would be for no reason other than it being a cool board. EDIT: Not to say that there's anything wrong with being a collector, but if I keep collecting in this hobby at this point, I'm going to be broke very soon. :P
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 July 2015, 00:37:19 by E3E »

Offline ocodo

« Reply #566 on: Thu, 16 July 2015, 07:53:48 »
+1 Get me on this list ... I'll be waiting for the 21st...!

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #567 on: Thu, 16 July 2015, 10:18:49 »

Well said CPT. People are treating this hobby like it's an investment. We collect and use keyboards because we like them not because we are some greasy scalper trying to make a buck.

Offline Data

« Reply #568 on: Thu, 16 July 2015, 16:02:16 »
LOL   :))  There's no investment to be made here.  To paraphrase something I read on these boards a while back: We throw money into a pit and sometimes pretty keyboards come out.

Offline Blackehart

• Booty Aficionado Extraordinaire
« Reply #569 on: Thu, 16 July 2015, 16:06:05 »
If you want an investment, go nab a clack at retail :p

Offline E3E

« Reply #570 on: Thu, 16 July 2015, 17:24:29 »
I certainly hope I didn't come off that way.  :-X  I've been torn on buying this board for a while, but not for the sake of investment alone (it'd just ease my mind a bit if I had to sell it in the future), simply because it'd be bad for my wallet, and I'm not the biggest fan of TKL layouts despite being a big fan of the Mira's design. It's easy to become enamored in this hobby without having the funds to support every desire.

Because I like this keyboard is precisely why I'm so on the fence about it. It'd lack much pragmatism for me because I'd likely not use it often. For some, it's more about collecting than use though. I was also admittedly curious about the speculation on resale value since it's been mentioned a few times in this thread, even by Dr.Hubble himself.

In the end, anyone can justify what they buy for whatever reasons they want. Investment, collection, practicality. It's all fair game, even if some look down on one aspect or another. If someone has the money and the will, then it's there prerogative, I suppose. :P

Well said CPT. People are treating this hobby like it's an investment. We collect and use keyboards because we like them not because we are some greasy scalper trying to make a buck.
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 July 2015, 17:30:37 by E3E »

Offline uJalled

• Shrimp cracker enthusiast
« Reply #571 on: Thu, 16 July 2015, 17:46:04 »
I certainly hope I didn't come off that way.  :-X  I've been torn on buying this board for a while, but not for the sake of investment alone (it'd just ease my mind a bit if I had to sell it in the future), simply because it'd be bad for my wallet, and I'm not the biggest fan of TKL layouts despite being a big fan of the Mira's design. It's easy to become enamored in this hobby without having the funds to support every desire.

Because I like this keyboard is precisely why I'm so on the fence about it. It'd lack much pragmatism for me because I'd likely not use it often. For some, it's more about collecting than use though. I was also admittedly curious about the speculation on resale value since it's been mentioned a few times in this thread, even by Dr.Hubble himself.

In the end, anyone can justify what they buy for whatever reasons they want. Investment, collection, practicality. It's all fair game, even if some look down on one aspect or another. If someone has the money and the will, then it's there prerogative, I suppose. :P

I think you're thinking a little too hard into this. There's nothing that's pragmatic about buying a $400 dollar keyboard, but if it makes you happy, then do it. If it doesn't, then don't do it. Weighing pros and cons won't get you very far in non-sensical hobbies like keyboards  :p

Offline E3E

« Reply #572 on: Thu, 16 July 2015, 17:52:23 »
I tend to get hyperanalytical at times.  ^-^ You couldn't be more right.  :thumb:

I think you're thinking a little too hard into this. There's nothing that's pragmatic about buying a $400 dollar keyboard, but if it makes you happy, then do it. If it doesn't, then don't do it. Weighing pros and cons won't get you very far in non-sensical hobbies like keyboards  :p

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #573 on: Thu, 16 July 2015, 18:17:58 »
What does OTD even stand for? I'm too much of a pleb to know I guess.

I understand it's used when talking about boards such as the corsa...

Anyways, I'm off to go panhandle

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #574 on: Thu, 16 July 2015, 18:18:53 »
It doesn't sound like you should get it. Will you be more satisfied with having it than staring at pictures of it? A lot of collectors think this way.

I'm more into the hobby of video games and used to be into toys. I can't understand those who collect games just to keep them on the shelf. Sure, I like to keep my games on display and in nice condition, but I also play them. I buy the games I like and am going to play.
If I decide to sell a game then I'm aware I'm going to sell it at a loss since I've already opened and played it. If it turns out that, after I've decided to sell it, the game fetches a premium price because it's rare or something, then that's a nice little surprise for me.

As for toys, I ditched that hobby because I finally realized, after years and thousands of dollars, that I found more pleasure in staring at pictures on the Internet and clicking the order button than actually owning the figures.

As for this keyboard, I'm going to jump on the pre-order simply to try and lock in my preferred number. If it turns out I don't like the board, then that's fine for me. I won't commit the rest of the money.
But as of right now I plan on buying it to use the heck out of, and the custom number only adds to my individuality.
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 July 2015, 18:23:54 by romevi »

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #575 on: Thu, 16 July 2015, 18:19:08 »

Show Image

on the desk.  where your keyboard resides 

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #576 on: Thu, 16 July 2015, 18:19:14 »

Show Image

On The Desk. It's a Korean forum.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #577 on: Thu, 16 July 2015, 18:19:22 »

Show Image

Ouch! Thick d**k!

Just kidding. On the desk.

(Sorry, I'm new. If this is inappropriate I'll delete it.)
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 July 2015, 18:21:05 by romevi »

Offline E3E

« Reply #578 on: Thu, 16 July 2015, 18:32:52 »
Yeah, I do have a set of some prototype figures from Mortal Kombat (big fan of the series) that I shelled almost $2k for back in 2008 and I admittedly enjoy them almost just as much in pictures as I do actually owning them, especially since they're too delicate to really do anything with. Over the years, I've come to realize that the desire to own something just to have it kind of falls short a lot of the time after I buy what I want. I lose interest because I either have no use for it beyond collecting, or otherwise can't do much with it.

On the spectrum of actually using the Mira and just buying it to have it, I see myself leaning on the "just to have it" end, which is hard for me to justify. I think it sounds like a great prospect for you though, especially since it will be your first big investment in a custom from what I've read and because you'll get a lot of use out of it along side that cool sense of individuality.  :thumb:

I hope that it's everything you hope for and then some. :D

It doesn't sound like you should get it. Will you be more satisfied with having it than staring at pictures of it? A lot of collectors think this way.

I'm more into the hobby of video games and used to be into toys. I can't understand those who collect games just to keep them on the shelf. Sure, I like to keep my games on display and in nice condition, but I also play them. I buy the games I like and am going to play.
As for toys, I ditched that hobby because I finally realized, after years and thousands of dollars, that I found more pleasure in staring at pictures on the Internet and clicking the order button than actually owning the figures.

As for this keyboard, I'm going to jump on the pre-order simply to try and lock in my preferred number. If it turns out I don't like the board, then that's fine for me. I won't commit the rest of the money.
But as of right now I plan on buying it to use the heck out of, and the custom number only adds to my individuality.

Offline asgeirtj

« Reply #579 on: Fri, 17 July 2015, 16:29:19 »
Any word on a numpad?  There is a render of it but nothing about it ?
Leopold FC900 w/ 67g Purple Zealios - Silver Duck Octagon w/ 62 Purple Zealios

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #580 on: Fri, 17 July 2015, 16:34:56 »
Any word on a numpad?  There is a render of it but nothing about it ?

There will be a numpad that matches the Mira which will be worked on later. Don't know much about it and I wouldn't expect it to come too soon, but I expect it to be worked on after the Mira is done and the group buy is completely over.

Offline adamski07

• * Maker
  • adamskimodz|fudorekz12
« Reply #581 on: Fri, 17 July 2015, 20:39:55 »
Are they going to use the same micro controller as their other board have? It would be nice to have an upgraded controller and new version of application that could handle more modes of RGB leds for both on-board and switches' led. The current one can only do few modes for on-board led and also for the switches' led. I have suggested this before to Winkeyless and he said that they'll try to make those possible later on. I think it'd be great to have it first on this since these boards are special and very limited.

Offline Alex92

« Reply #582 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 22:31:46 »
Someone asked this before, and I'm not sure if the question was answered, but has the acrylic insert been officially dropped in favor of an engraved logo? I'm fine with either design choice, but I would like to get a better idea of what the finished product will look like before spending $40 on a pre-order. Also, do you think that it would be possible for you to state which CNC company has been chosen to produce this? It's not hugely important, but it might allow people to see samples of their previous work on their website before committing to this.

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #583 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 22:34:13 »
Someone asked this before, and I'm not sure if the question was answered, but has the acrylic insert been officially dropped in favor of an engraved logo? I'm fine with either design choice, but I would like to get a better idea of what the finished product will look like before spending $40 on a pre-order. Also, do you think that it would be possible for you to state which CNC company has been chosen to produce this? It's not hugely important, but it might allow people to see samples of their previous work on their website before committing to this.

Insert has been dropped. Engraving is being used.

Offline kirkvomit

« Reply #584 on: Sun, 19 July 2015, 10:35:20 »
This thing is beauty, but I can't afford it :(

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
  • Location: Observable Universe, Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way Galaxy, Solar System, Planet Earth
« Reply #585 on: Sun, 19 July 2015, 15:54:27 »
Are they going to use the same micro controller as their other board have? It would be nice to have an upgraded controller and new version of application that could handle more modes of RGB leds for both on-board and switches' led. The current one can only do few modes for on-board led and also for the switches' led. I have suggested this before to Winkeyless and he said that they'll try to make those possible later on. I think it'd be great to have it first on this since these boards are special and very limited.

The b.mira PCB will have his standard controller, that said, there is no reason why we couldnt do another run of PCBs when he chooses to update his hardware and firmware.

Yeah the insert had to be dropped, not only was it almost impossible to properly machine, but it would have costed a lot more than you guys would be willing to spend. Trust me.

HOPE EVERYONE IS EXCITED AS I AM :p

Offline filphil

« Reply #586 on: Sun, 19 July 2015, 16:00:11 »

The b.mira PCB will have his standard controller, that said, there is no reason why we couldnt do another run of PCBs when he chooses to update his hardware and firmware.

Yeah the insert had to be dropped, not only was it almost impossible to properly machine, but it would have costed a lot more than you guys would be willing to spend. Trust me.

Offline Air tree

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #587 on: Sun, 19 July 2015, 16:05:19 »

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #588 on: Sun, 19 July 2015, 16:21:58 »
*excited gif*

Offline aznairjordan

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #589 on: Sun, 19 July 2015, 21:30:49 »

so freaking excited. Tuesday 6PM PST can't come fast enough. I'm pretty scared I will send my form in too early and not get counted!
TGR Jane CE|FC660C|Orion V2
GMK Hyperfuse|GMK Olivetti|GMK Red Alert|Soulfree's Teal|GMK Cyan

Offline Air tree

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #590 on: Sun, 19 July 2015, 21:36:21 »

so freaking excited. Tuesday 6PM PST can't come fast enough. I'm pretty scared I will send my form in too early and not get counted!
I don't think the 57 orders will be placed that fast, will they? I would guess you should have some time..

Offline aznairjordan

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #591 on: Sun, 19 July 2015, 22:00:30 »

I don't think the 57 orders will be placed that fast, will they? I would guess you should have some time..

gotta get my number!
TGR Jane CE|FC660C|Orion V2
GMK Hyperfuse|GMK Olivetti|GMK Red Alert|Soulfree's Teal|GMK Cyan

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #592 on: Sun, 19 July 2015, 23:50:00 »

gotta get my number!

I really want 69  :'(

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #594 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 00:41:17 »
9pm est......

****ty choice of time imo it will be 3am here. This system to get a special mira makes me a little icky. Makes me feel like i dont want to get a mira unless i get a number on it :p

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter

Offline KatzenKinder

• * Maker
« Reply #596 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 01:07:46 »

9pm est......

****ty choice of time imo it will be 3am here. This system to get a special mira makes me a little icky. Makes me feel like i dont want to get a mira unless i get a number on it :p

Someone will always lose, right? Better set those alarms, or stay up with too much caffeine hehe :)

Offline archer

« Reply #597 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 08:10:11 »
Quick question regarding this GB.. in the 1st part of the OP, it states 9:00 EST as the time the preorders/reservations will begin. Then a paragraph or two later, it says 8:30 EST. Which is correct? I want to be sure I don't miss the party. Thanks! :thumb:

Offline filphil

« Reply #598 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 08:11:58 »
Form will be posted at 830

But you must submit it at or after 9

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
« Reply #599 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 08:53:29 »
9pm est......

Just to be clear, all 100 will be numbered, pre-ordering just gives you the chance to have a say in what number you would like and gives you a spot in the first 57 which will have gold stabs included.

There is also no way i can make everyone happy with the time, sorry :(

gotta get my number!

I really want 69  :'(

unless you want to give up your gold stabs I would recommend staying between 1 and 57! The first form will only let you enter numbers in that range. Following the first 57 a separate form will go up for anyone still wanting to pre order within the 100 unit limit however they will not get to choose what number they would like.
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 July 2015, 09:15:59 by DrHubblePhD »