Author Topic: [IC] Hubble Mira Custom TKL (GB is 3... 2... 1... launched!)  (Read 579253 times)

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
Re: [IC] Hubble Mira Custom TKL (Pre-orders beginning 7/21/15)
« Reply #600 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 13:03:46 »
I would guess fractions aren't aloud sadly..  :'( I would totally get a  number with fractions.  :))

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #601 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 13:15:18 »
ill roll the dice.

See how it looks in the morning

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #602 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 13:25:27 »
All right, this may have been answered, but just in case it hasn't (or I missed it), I'm going to ask:

I plan on putting a non-refundable $40 deposit. However, seeing as I want to secure a certain number, will I have to submit the payment with the order form? Or will we be sent an invoice after our submission?

Reason I ask is that at around 8pm CST tomorrow I won't be around a computer, but will have my phone. It's kind of important I beat everyone to my number (though it's not a 100% deal-breaker), and fidgeting with a Google order form and then submitting payment via PayPal can taken a little longer than if I were at a computer.

Oh, and just to beat a dead horse and be clear: We can choose any number 1-100, but only the first 57 submissions (not numbers) will get the bonuses, yes?

Thanks!

Offline aznairjordan

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #603 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 14:53:17 »
All right, this may have been answered, but just in case it hasn't (or I missed it), I'm going to ask:

I plan on putting a non-refundable $40 deposit. However, seeing as I want to secure a certain number, will I have to submit the payment with the order form? Or will we be sent an invoice after our submission?

Reason I ask is that at around 8pm CST tomorrow I won't be around a computer, but will have my phone. It's kind of important I beat everyone to my number (though it's not a 100% deal-breaker), and fidgeting with a Google order form and then submitting payment via PayPal can taken a little longer than if I were at a computer.

Oh, and just to beat a dead horse and be clear: We can choose any number 1-100, but only the first 57 submissions (not numbers) will get the bonuses, yes?

Thanks!

i think you can only choose 1-57 for preorders
TGR Jane CE|FC660C|Orion V2
GMK Hyperfuse|GMK Olivetti|GMK Red Alert|Soulfree's Teal|GMK Cyan

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #604 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 14:56:13 »

Thanks!

That makes sense. Either way, my number falls within that range. Just wanted to make sure.

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
  • Location: Observable Universe, Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way Galaxy, Solar System, Planet Earth
« Reply #605 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 19:32:47 »

Thanks!

That makes sense. Either way, my number falls within that range. Just wanted to make sure.

It will all make sense when you see the form. You will submit the form and I will send you the invoice afterwards. You will have 18 hours to pay the invoice (24 hours for international orders) Its really due upon receipt, i will send them out immediately after your order.
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 July 2015, 20:02:07 by DrHubblePhD »

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
  • Location: Observable Universe, Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way Galaxy, Solar System, Planet Earth
« Reply #606 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 10:35:19 »
21st HYPE! :p

Offline adamski07

• * Maker
  • adamskimodz|fudorekz12
« Reply #607 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 10:41:29 »
  #07 in purple will be mine!

Offline Data

« Reply #608 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 10:43:18 »
Are you allowing for multiple (1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc) choices of number on the form?  If I don't get my first choice for whatever reason it would be nice if I could maybe get my 2nd or 3rd choice.

Just a thought.

Offline Rodgaroon

• Size matters, just ask my wife.
« Reply #609 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 10:46:11 »
Before I invest I want to know the final price, sorry. besides i want #62 =)
G6v2 (MX Black) | Poker II (MX Brown) | Compact SQ (MX Clears 62g)

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
« Reply #610 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 10:52:27 »
Are you allowing for multiple (1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc) choices of number on the form?  If I don't get my first choice for whatever reason it would be nice if I could maybe get my 2nd or 3rd choice.

Just a thought.
Yup the form already has spots for first second and third choices.
Whatever suits you! The point was just to have a low cost way for people to support the project and gain some cool benifits along the way! You should know though that you will not get to choose your preference for number for units 58 through 100 since they will just be assigned in order of purchase. That was one of the major benifits of the pre order.

Offline aznairjordan

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #611 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 10:59:22 »

Just a thought.
Whatever suits you! The point was just to have a low cost way for people to support the project and gain some cool benifits along the way! You should know though that you will not get to choose your preference for number for units 58 through 100 since they will just be assigned in order of purchase. That was one of the major benifits of the pre order.

did you have any more information on spirits zeal's secret switch? I don't know whether I should have sethk tune some clears for me or just wait for spirit's switch and tune those.

edit: Sorry about that! yes it was from zeal
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 July 2015, 11:50:10 by aznairjordan »
TGR Jane CE|FC660C|Orion V2
GMK Hyperfuse|GMK Olivetti|GMK Red Alert|Soulfree's Teal|GMK Cyan

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #612 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 11:03:21 »

Just a thought.

did you have any more information on spirits secret switch? I don't know whether I should have sethk tune some clears for me or just wait for spirit's switch and tune those.

Isn't it Zeal who has the secret switch?
I know Zeal has his switch, haven't seen anything for sprit.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
« Reply #613 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 11:05:13 »

Just a thought.

did you have any more information on spirits secret switch? I don't know whether I should have sethk tune some clears for me or just wait for spirit's switch and tune those.
Zeal has switches in development that should be a great addition to the Mira. That said I can't give any more info than is publicly available. There is plenty of time though till you recieve your Mira so no need to rush!

Offline archer

« Reply #614 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 12:59:16 »
Excuse my ignorance here, but will the firmware for this allow for winkey disabling?

I'm trying to decide between winkey vs winkeyless  :confused:

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
« Reply #615 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 13:18:12 »
Excuse my ignorance here, but will the firmware for this allow for winkey disabling?

Winkeyless means it's not possible to install a switch in that position so no need for software. Of course you could get the winkey version and in software and disable it. The real reason for winkeyless is asthetic.

Offline archer

« Reply #616 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 13:32:08 »

Winkeyless means it's not possible to install a switch in that position so no need for software. Of course you could get the winkey version and in software and disable it. The real reason for winkeyless is asthetic.
Perfect, thank you very much! winkeyless it is! :)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Re: [IC] Hubble Mira Custom TKL (Pre-orders beginning TONIGHT AT 9PM EST)
« Reply #617 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 15:35:02 »
I finally caught up on the last 3 months of this IC from when I went MIA.  :-[  Whew!  :D

Anyway, I'm still very interested, but unfortunately cannot justify pre-ordering before knowing the final price, color options, or what the prototype looks like.  :-/  Best of luck with the pre-orders, Hubble.  :thumb:  This should shape up to be a really nice board.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #618 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 15:49:03 »
I finally caught up on the last 3 months of this IC from when I went MIA.  :-[  Whew!  :D

Anyway, I'm still very interested, but unfortunately cannot justify pre-ordering before knowing the final price, color options, or what the prototype looks like.  :-/  Best of luck with the pre-orders, Hubble.  :thumb:  This should shape up to be a really nice board.

Hoff said it all.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #619 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 15:55:29 »
Not gonna lie: after viewing a few other TKL prototypes these past few days I've been leaning on the fence since there are only renders for this one. That, and the non-refundable $40 would put me over-budget (hey, $40 still counts for me!).

Still haven't decided, so I may shoot over the order form tonight anyway!

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
« Reply #620 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 16:28:33 »

Hoff said it all.

Sorry to hear that Hoff, I understand. I have tried my best to make this as low risk as possible and allow people to support the project. If you don't want the benefits of the pre-order and aren't willing to directly support producing prototypes then dont feel any pressure.  :thumb:

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
« Reply #621 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 16:32:54 »
Not gonna lie: after viewing a few other TKL prototypes these past few days I've been leaning on the fence since there are only renders for this one. That, and the non-refundable $40 would put me over-budget (hey, $40 still counts for me!).

Still haven't decided, so I may shoot over the order form tonight anyway!

As mentioned, you could always transfer your pre-order to someone else if you change your mind!

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #622 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 17:20:22 »
Im here and lingering. That's right, I will be refreshing my PC from now until 9PM
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline filphil

• One day I hope to find a love like JD and Turk
« Reply #623 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 17:27:33 »
Im here and lingering. That's right, I will be refreshing my PC from now until 9PM

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #624 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 17:43:21 »

I got to agree with Hoff. I can't justify any level of support considering there are almost no details besides renders and intent. It is asking quite a bit for 57 people to just blindly give $40 without any details on to how much they may be committing to in the end.

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
« Reply #625 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 17:59:33 »

I got to agree with Hoff. I can't justify any level of support considering there are almost no details besides renders and intent. It is asking quite a bit for 57 people to just blindly give $40 without any details on to how much they may be committing to in the end.

Look man, I cant compete with the other makers who can either afford to pay for prototypes themselves or are in a region where prototypes and development are dirt cheep. I am trying to make this in America on GH, two things that arent easy to overcome. I need community support. As I have said repeatedly, I have tried my hardest to make pre-ordering a worthwhile investment, whether that includes making people happy by giving them their numbers or by giving them priority when it comes to assembly which may be tough for this board! Overall a pre-order isnt just a purchase, its a statement that you are willing to support this project and would like to see the Mira come to fruition. If you dont care about either of those things, by all means skip the pre-order, I wont be upset.

Offline Cottonsox

« Reply #626 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 18:07:07 »

I am not sure people have read the interest check properly if you believe there has been no details and estimates on price.

There is no commitment in a pre order from what i understand to buy later. It reserves you a specific number and spot int he GB, and as Hubble has already said these pre orders can be transferred if you feel the end result from prototyping and colors provided are not going to be what you want,

I for one have no hesitations putting down a pre order to help this IC get off the ground and into GB stage.

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #627 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 18:20:33 »

I am not sure people have read the interest check properly if you believe there has been no details and estimates on price.

There is no commitment in a pre order from what i understand to buy later. It reserves you a specific number and spot int he GB, and as Hubble has already said these pre orders can be transferred if you feel the end result from prototyping and colors provided are not going to be what you want,

I for one have no hesitations putting down a pre order to help this IC get off the ground and into GB stage.

That is all fine and dandy but the fact remains that details haven't been nailed down yet and I can't support that. That is fine if people still choose to support, I hope Hubble can generate the funds to come out with a prototype as I would like to see it as well, but I would rather not blindly submit my $40. Best of luck.

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #628 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 18:28:55 »
For my curiosity, how much approximately will the prototype cost in full to produce?

Offline filphil

« Reply #629 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 18:35:14 »
For my curiosity, how much approximately will the prototype cost in full to produce?

If what hubble told me is true I can understand why he's doing it the way he is.  I'll leave it to him to answer the exact question for you.  He didn't seem to be too secretive so I'll say it's between 1k and 5k. 

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
« Reply #630 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 18:57:55 »

If what hubble told me is true I can understand why he's doing it the way he is.  I'll leave it to him to answer the exact question for you.  He didn't seem to be too secretive so I'll say it's between 1k and 5k.

I don't want to give exact numbers but let's just say you could buy a few 356clswith that kinda money.

Offline filphil

« Reply #631 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 19:30:19 »
The time has come.

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
« Reply #632 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 19:31:02 »
Form live! Take your time entering your info, I won't accept any submissions before 9EST!

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #633 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 19:32:23 »

Offline Wuzadi

« Reply #634 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 19:42:05 »
 I doubt I'll have the funds for the final price, but what a gorgeous board. Big fan of tkl :) Best of luck with everything!   ;D
You met me at a very strange time in my life.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #635 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 19:43:07 »
The form indicates that I can't sell my preorder for profit. I never intend to, but I was wondering if it's okay to sell it for the base $40 if I choose not to go with the final product. Thanks.

Offline filphil

« Reply #636 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 19:43:41 »
The form indicates that I can't sell my preorder for profit. I never intend to, but I was wondering if it's okay to sell it for the base $40 if I choose not to go with the final product. Thanks.

I'd imagine so. 

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
« Reply #637 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 19:47:58 »

Yes you can sell it for the $40 base price :thumb:

Offline Alex92

« Reply #638 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 19:51:13 »
It was a difficult decision, but I've ultimately decided against pre-ordering. I'll wait to see how the prototype turns out as well as what the final price will be before committing to this project. Good luck Hubble!

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #639 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 19:52:10 »
47 pairs of eyeballs checking your thread right now.... GL with the pre-order DrHubblePhD!
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #640 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 19:55:27 »

Yes you can sell it for the $40 base price :thumb:
Stop moving the colors around!

Edit: Couldn't submit right away because I had to rechoose the colors since they kept moving.
Also, didn't know only three colors.
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 July 2015, 20:02:31 by romevi »

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #641 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 20:00:34 »
Boom - hopefully I made it in :)

Offline Data

« Reply #642 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 20:00:43 »
The dice have been rolled...   :rolleyes:

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #643 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 20:00:46 »
order placed! I missed 9 by 1 second :(

waiting by PP for launch  :thumb:
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #644 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 20:00:53 »
Submitted form.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline adamski07

• * Maker
  • adamskimodz|fudorekz12
« Reply #645 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 20:01:09 »
And ZERO! Good luck with this Hubble! :) Will pay once I receive the invoice. Thanks!

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #646 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 20:01:19 »
"you may only choose three..." DAMMIT!!

Offline uJalled

• Shrimp cracker enthusiast
« Reply #647 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 20:01:30 »
I've committed. This is something I want to see come to fruition. Sky blue hype!!11

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #648 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 20:02:08 »
Just got my confirmation email :D

Offline hrinfinity

• typebeast
  • uptempo
« Reply #649 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 20:03:44 »
Submitted! Good luck everyone :)
TGR-Jane CE | FC660C | DK9008 Snake