Author Topic: [IC] Hubble Mira Custom TKL (GB is 3... 2... 1... launched!)  (Read 579299 times)

Offline Rodgaroon

• Size matters, just ask my wife.
Re: [IC] Hubble Mira Custom TKL
« Reply #850 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 15:53:52 »
15 here.  Can't remember if I picked primes or perfect squares, but I didn't get 'em  :))

Show Image

What no Sexy Primes?
G6v2 (MX Black) | Poker II (MX Brown) | Compact SQ (MX Clears 62g)

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #851 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 16:06:51 »
15 here.  Can't remember if I picked primes or perfect squares, but I didn't get 'em  :))

Show Image

What no Sexy Primes?

Here's a sexy Prime.

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
  • Location: Observable Universe, Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way Galaxy, Solar System, Planet Earth
« Reply #852 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 19:29:25 »
Quick update time!

I spoke with the CNC company, they said they had finished the plate and the rest of the parts were still on schedule!

Had some other ideas I would love some opinions on:

• What about a custom message, username,etc. engraving option for your Mira Weight?
  • If not a message, a custom emblem?
  • would anyone like to design a keyset in conjunction with me to compliment the Mira? I don't have experience with it and would love an accomplice who has designed some keysets/run buys in the past. PM me if you are interested, perhaps we can make it a contest for some cool Mira swag? Even if you dont have experience feel free to reach out to me  :thumb:

Anyways, those are some ideas that came to mind recently. Nothing final or too serious as of now, just looking for some thoughts.
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 August 2015, 19:33:54 by DrHubblePhD »

Offline Cottonsox

« Reply #853 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 19:31:43 »
Quick update time!

I spoke with the CNC company, they said they had finished the plate and the rest of the parts were still on schedule!

• What about a custom message, username,etc. engraving option for your Mira Weight?
  • would anyone like to design a keyset in conjunction with me to compliment the Mira? I don't have experience with it and would love an accomplice who has designed some keysets/run buys in the past. PM me if you are interested, perhaps we can make it a contest for some cool Mira swag?

Anyways, those are some ideas that came to mind recently. Nothing final or too serious as of now, just looking for some thoughts.

I would be very interested in a custom Username engraving or Emblem. I know i will not be reselling mine ever so it would be something to hold onto!

Offline filphil

• One day I hope to find a love like JD and Turk
« Reply #854 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 19:36:06 »
Quick update time!

• would anyone like to design a keyset in conjunction with me to compliment the Mira? I don't have experience with it and would love an accomplice who has designed some keysets/run buys in the past. PM me if you are interested, perhaps we can make it a contest for some cool Mira swag? Even if you dont have experience feel free to reach out to me  :thumb:

Quick update time!

I thought there was something already, lol.

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
  • Location: Observable Universe, Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way Galaxy, Solar System, Planet Earth
« Reply #855 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 19:40:30 »

Show Image

There are agnowledgements and a unique number currently. I was just wondering if people would interested in adding a little extra custom touch to their board  :thumb:

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #856 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 19:43:27 »
I want #101 engraved.  ^-^

Offline filphil

« Reply #857 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 19:43:41 »

Show Image

There are agnowledgements and a unique number currently. I was just wondering if people would interested in adding a little extra custom touch to their board  :thumb:

On a serious note... can I get your autograph then? :)

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
« Reply #858 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 19:52:39 »

Show Image

we'll see  :p

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #859 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 19:55:19 »
Yea. I think having a little custom something would be nice for us who plan on keeping the board

Offline filphil

« Reply #860 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 19:56:13 »

Show Image

we'll see  :p

Haha.  Seeing those custom options seems like it would cost additional dollars.  If it's at no charge then "Why the hell not?!" is what I'll say.

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #861 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 19:57:52 »
It could also be an optional charge. Since they are custom, it would be handled case by case and you should be able to opt out and keep your price a bit lower

Offline Data

« Reply #862 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 20:07:59 »
Quick update time!

My suggestion for engraving options:

Offline Pemdas

• (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ᶠᶫᵒᵃᵗᶦᶰᵍ ᶫᶦᵏᵉ ᵃ ᵇᵘᵗᵗᵉʳᶠᶫʸ
« Reply #863 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 20:13:10 »
Quick update time!

I would LOVE a custom engraving option for the weight!

Quick update time!

Show Image

This is a great idea  :thumb:
HHKB2 | Orion v2 | TGR-03 Proto | Octagon v2 | JD45 | BlackBird | Mira SE | Viper v2 | SX60 | E8-v1 | Alice | LZ GH v2 | No 1/65 | 910SE | Kyuu | LZ CLS ms | UNIKORN | PhysiX

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
« Reply #864 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 20:46:36 »
It could also be an optional charge. Since they are custom, it would be handled case by case and you should be able to opt out and keep your price a bit lower

Yeah It would likely be a $5 or so addon for a message, and perhaps a bit more for a custom emblem or symbol since I have to trace it by hand in inventor.

Quick update time!

Show Image

thats a pretty cool idea!

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #865 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 20:59:07 »
Well we can already see that the one side of the weight is pretty full already from this entirely official final render.

Okay, so maybe this isn't the final design of the weight... however you can see that it is pretty full.
It would be nice however if the custom engravings were done on the other side of the weight which would actually be visible on the back of the board.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #866 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 21:22:59 »
Definitely would like a custom emblem. I have one I use for my books, so that's a possibility. If not, then definitely your John Hancock, Hubble.

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
« Reply #867 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 21:42:58 »
Well we can already see that the one side of the weight is pretty full already from this entirely official final render.
Show Image

Okay, so maybe this isn't the final design of the weight... however you can see that it is pretty full.
It would be nice however if the custom engravings were done on the other side of the weight which would actually be visible on the back of the board.

The ****loard will one day rise to become the premier Korean blocky keyboard

Offline archer

« Reply #868 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 21:51:47 »
If I could get any Star Wars symbol etched onto the back of mine, I'd be incredibly happy  :thumb:

Some reference pics:
More

Offline Armagedda

« Reply #869 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 22:36:53 »
I love the idea of offering custom engravings for people.

Something to keep in mind is that there are probably others like me who might not be able to come up with a design in time or would rather source their own engravings locally.

If we are going down the custom engraving route, please include the option to leave it COMPLETELY blank for those of us who would rather get it done at a later date.

This is an excellent idea though, and I certainly hope it can happen.

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
« Reply #870 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 22:42:45 »
I love the idea of offering custom engravings for people.

Something to keep in mind is that there are probably others like me who might not be able to come up with a design in time or would rather source their own engravings locally.

If we are going down the custom engraving route, please include the option to leave it COMPLETELY blank for those of us who would rather get it done at a later date.

This is an excellent idea though, and I certainly hope it can happen.

I cant offer it completely blank since the acknowledgements are very important to me. It also helps me ensure that there are no fakes made and that trades are made fairly (the bottom will have a stamped number on the inside to match the weight). You should probably also know that it would be extremely hard to engrave after it has been milled since the weight is slanted on the outside. You would likely need a custom jig. If you dont have a custom design ready dont worry about it, its not a necessity, its just another small thing that would make the Mira more personal.  :thumb:

Offline Armagedda

« Reply #871 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 22:54:46 »
Well that's very fair and reasonable.

I'll look forward to the next update, cheers.

Offline techmattr

« Reply #872 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 23:32:12 »

You should get with MiTo and revive Cospar... https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=62327.0

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
    • * Exalted Elder
    « Reply #873 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 23:44:21 »

You should get with MiTo and revive Cospar... https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=62327.0
      You know there's a new Cospar? [/list]

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
      « Reply #874 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 00:48:15 »
       I'm still not sure about having the word "****" engraved specifically and deliberately on my custom keyboard  :p
      - Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
      - Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
      - Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline joey

« Reply #875 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 03:08:00 »
      Hubble Mira 1800..? *daydreams*

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
      « Reply #876 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 09:56:50 »

You know there's a new Cospar? [/list]
        Im not sure im prepared for the ****storm involved with using the term MiTo or Cospar  :))

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
        • * Exalted Elder
        « Reply #877 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 10:06:21 »
        Im not sure im prepared for the ****storm involved with using the term MiTo or Cospar  :))

Sorry, I meant this one: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=74350.msg1829489#msg1829489.

(Was on my phone earlier and too lazy to have linked it.)

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
        • * Exquisite Elder
        « Reply #878 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 10:15:01 »
        I'm still not sure about having the word "****" engraved specifically and deliberately on my custom keyboard  :p

Don't worry, the engravings will actually have the names that are on the number confirmation letters.
        Shame though. Kind of liked the ****loard. :))
        Quote from: elton5354
        I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
        • * Maker
        • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
          • Hunger Work Studio
        « Reply #879 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 10:24:15 »
        hhnnngggg engraved orbit paths and such...
        60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
        « Reply #880 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 10:27:44 »

Sorry, I meant this one: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=74350.msg1829489#msg1829489.

ahh okay, I still think the Mira deserves a classy space themed keyset. Maybe its just me though  :))

Offline VinnyCordeiro

« Reply #881 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 10:34:22 »
        Since it is space-themed, you could engrave the Pioneer plaque image!

108240-0

Hmmm, thinking more about it, maybe it isn't a good idea...  :))

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
        « Reply #882 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 10:37:32 »
        Since it is space-themed, you could engrave the Pioneer plaque image!

(Attachment Link)

Hmmm, thinking more about it, maybe it isn't a good idea...  :))

yeah maybe not haha. Just to be clear im thinking about a small symbol next to the number not something to cover the entire thing  :))

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
        • * Exalted Elder
        « Reply #883 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 10:39:12 »

ahh okay, I still think the Mira deserves a classy space themed keyset. Maybe its just me though  :))

I agree. I was just trying to link the "revised Cospar" version, but I'd prefer a different set for this. Maybe something with black, white, and silver/gray? I know that's bland, but that's all I can brainstorm with the space theme.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
        « Reply #884 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 10:55:08 »

I agree. I was just trying to link the "revised Cospar" version, but I'd prefer a different set for this. Maybe something with black, white, and silver/gray? I know that's bland, but that's all I can brainstorm with the space theme.
        The current carbon set in the IC matches this set of colour and he's really nice looking.

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline VinnyCordeiro

« Reply #885 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 11:32:31 »
        yeah maybe not haha. Just to be clear im thinking about a small symbol next to the number not something to cover the entire thing  :))
        I'd like to see engraved at least the pulsar map to Earth. :)

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
        « Reply #886 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 11:33:54 »
        I am in on this!  But a couple of noob questions.

- Are only the first 57 numbered? 
        - are there a total of 100 boards being made,  or is that just the Pre-order limit? 

Thanks

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
        « Reply #887 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 11:43:49 »
        I'd like to see engraved at least the pulsar map to Earth. :)

Well then that could be your own custom emblem  :thumb:

Offline aznairjordan

• * Destiny Supporter
        « Reply #888 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 11:48:02 »

- are there a total of 100 boards being made,  or is that just the Pre-order limit? 

Thanks

All of them are numbered but the first 57 got to choose and get gold stabilizers.
        I think up to 100 boards can be made, but if only 87 people order then 87 will be made.

DrHubble can correct me if I'm wrong :)
        TGR Jane CE|FC660C|Orion V2
        GMK Hyperfuse|GMK Olivetti|GMK Red Alert|Soulfree's Teal|GMK Cyan

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
        « Reply #889 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 11:51:21 »

Thanks

All of them are numbered but the first 57 got to choose and get gold stabilizers.
        I think up to 100 boards can be made, but if only 87 people order then 87 will be made.

You got it :thumb:

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
        « Reply #890 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 11:53:50 »

The current carbon set in the IC matches this set of colour and he's really nice looking.

Carbon is in GB on Massdrop right now, FYI.

Personally, I think I will be using hyperfuse GMK on mine. I will be interested in seeing what colour scheme you come up with for this board though.
        Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
        « Reply #891 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 12:00:01 »
        Also I was just going to make some swag for myself but I would be open to running a teespring campaign for these if anyone is interested :D

« Last Edit: Thu, 13 August 2015, 21:18:01 by DrHubblePhD »

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
        • * Exalted Elder
        « Reply #892 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 12:12:33 »
        Also I was just going to make some swag for myself but I would be open to running a teespring campaign for these if anyone is interested :D

Show Image
        Show Image

Show Image
        Show Image

Wow, you're really getting into this...

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
        « Reply #893 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 12:14:14 »

Show Image
        Show Image

Show Image
        Show Image

Wow, you're really getting into this...

#thehypeisreal

I really only thought about getting stuff for me but I figured I would shout it out  :))

Offline filphil

« Reply #894 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 12:18:12 »
        Personalized Hubble MIRA keyboard case?  I think it's time.

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
        « Reply #895 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 12:22:03 »

Thanks

Wood hooo! 

So once you've paid your Pre-order $40, I assume you get a number.  Wonder if that's the invoice number?

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
        • * Exalted Elder
        « Reply #896 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 12:26:43 »
        Wonder if that's the invoice number?

Nope. He posted that earlier when the invoices first went out, but I'm too lazy to search through this thread to find it.

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
        « Reply #897 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 12:28:13 »

Thanks

Wood hooo! 

So once you've paid your Pre-order $40, I assume you get a number.  Wonder if that's the invoice number?

After 57 the number is assigned in the order the pre orders/orders are received. And the invoice number is irrelevant  :p

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
        « Reply #898 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 12:39:10 »
        Accessories-wise, I'd be interested in an acrylic dust protection cover with the Mira logo on it or some such, pending on price.
        - Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
        - Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
        - Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
        • * Exalted Elder
        « Reply #899 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 12:47:35 »
        Accessories-wise, I'd be interested in an acrylic dust protection cover with the Mira logo on it or some such, pending on price.
        Yes! Keyboards need to have fitted covers. There needs to be a GB for all the keyboards with no covers/skins.