Author Topic: [IC] Hubble Mira Custom TKL (GB is 3... 2... 1... launched!)  (Read 579272 times)

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
Re: [IC] Hubble Mira Custom TKL (MIRA SWAG TEESPRING LIVE!)
« Reply #1150 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 14:14:00 »
Yea. Would have been nice to know if any where actually reserved so people would understand.

Also, I go back to what I said  previously. I'd want to know how the numbers were assigned. Were they given out as orders came in? Or was everyone taken into account and then distributed accordingly.

I'm sure this will be revealed eventually

Offline Data

« Reply #1151 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 15:07:19 »
So looking at the thread again, FrostyToast submitted 1 hour late and got 42.

I submit at 9:00:02 w/ 42 as my top request, but don't receive it.

Why even have this request system if the rules aren't going to be followed? You could as well just wrote, FrostyToast gets number 42, without making us jump through hoops to request a number. I literally set an alarm at 8:55PM just to be able to submit as close as possible to 9:00PM.

I get that FrostyToast helped you a lot and if you'd like to give him preference, that's totally fine, and I would actually support it. But don't create a number request system, then basically ignore the rules for it. Especially since you told another set of people their numbers, allowed them to swap, a week before you even sent the envelopes out. Actually, I don't care at all about what number I get. It doesn't make a huge deal to me. What I do care about, is the level of preferential treatment given to certain members makes this entire request system feel disingenous.

Regardless, I'm still in this GB b/c it's a beautiful keyboard, and I hope the buy is very successful, but this just leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth.

1000 times this.  I figured my first choice (42) would be popular.  My second choice (13) got sweetheart dealed out, and I didn't get my third choice.  Apparently, 42 was on double secret reserve too?  A lot of buildup with times and dates of form acceptance to have the chance to play the serial number lottery, and in the end, none of it mattered.

13 was my first choice but I was definitely late to order not that that would have mattered for me I guess. Really should have thought out my 2nd and 3rd choices a bit better tho I guess. iuno

There can't not be drama, drama is life.

I don't think it's about drama at all. There was just a lot of excitement for the GB, and since the time "mattered", a lot of people took that seriously and to heart. Not only did I set an alarm, but I also changed dinner plans that night with friends, just so I could be absolutely sure I was next to my computer.

However now it turns out that it really was "pick any number up to 57... *Except for 13 and 14... **And also 42", which again, is fine if we were told up front. Of course people are going to feel a little bit down now because it turns out the process wasn't as straightforward or  transparent as any of us believed.

Um, just for the record... I got 14 and it wasn't on my list at all.  I was not given any preferential treatment, obviously, since I didn't get any of my 3 numbers.  One of them was 42 and obviously we know how that went down.  I've since traded #14 with filphil, who got #22.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #1152 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 15:26:51 »
Bump just to make sure whoever has 27 is interested in trading with me.

Also, since Zealio is the "official" switch for the Mira, when the GB goes live for the board and there are options for the switches, are all six switches available or just a selection from the list?

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #1153 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 16:31:09 »
So looking at the thread again, FrostyToast submitted 1 hour late and got 42.

I submit at 9:00:02 w/ 42 as my top request, but don't receive it.

Why even have this request system if the rules aren't going to be followed? You could as well just wrote, FrostyToast gets number 42, without making us jump through hoops to request a number. I literally set an alarm at 8:55PM just to be able to submit as close as possible to 9:00PM.

I get that FrostyToast helped you a lot and if you'd like to give him preference, that's totally fine, and I would actually support it. But don't create a number request system, then basically ignore the rules for it. Especially since you told another set of people their numbers, allowed them to swap, a week before you even sent the envelopes out. Actually, I don't care at all about what number I get. It doesn't make a huge deal to me. What I do care about, is the level of preferential treatment given to certain members makes this entire request system feel disingenous.

Regardless, I'm still in this GB b/c it's a beautiful keyboard, and I hope the buy is very successful, but this just leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth.

1000 times this.  I figured my first choice (42) would be popular.  My second choice (13) got sweetheart dealed out, and I didn't get my third choice.  Apparently, 42 was on double secret reserve too?  A lot of buildup with times and dates of form acceptance to have the chance to play the serial number lottery, and in the end, none of it mattered.

13 was my first choice but I was definitely late to order not that that would have mattered for me I guess. Really should have thought out my 2nd and 3rd choices a bit better tho I guess. iuno

There can't not be drama, drama is life.

I don't think it's about drama at all. There was just a lot of excitement for the GB, and since the time "mattered", a lot of people took that seriously and to heart. Not only did I set an alarm, but I also changed dinner plans that night with friends, just so I could be absolutely sure I was next to my computer.

However now it turns out that it really was "pick any number up to 57... *Except for 13 and 14... **And also 42", which again, is fine if we were told up front. Of course people are going to feel a little bit down now because it turns out the process wasn't as straightforward or  transparent as any of us believed.

+1, should've just assigned numbers at random since the majority of us didn't know certain numbers were reserved; would've saved the hassle of trying to submit that damn form in a timely manner. I have no particular attachment to #25 so if someone does feel strongly about it and wants to trade, I'm cool with asking the Dr. if that can happen.
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1154 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 16:49:40 »
Just going to be entirely transparent about this whole ordeal.
I honestly knew that this was bound to happen. People would get mad over this and I understand.
I did indeed get my number reserved. No question. I hinted to that even in my post a while back in the thread when I said I was sure to get the number I wanted.

So how did I get my number reserved?
Well since DrHubblePhD was getting a new PCB designed and manufactured they needed to fund the prototype PCBs for development.
The MOQ for the PCBs was 4 and at $100 each.
I was initially going to fun the full $400 to get the PCBs made however WKL made it easier for us by getting two prototype PCBs for themselves.
As such I only had to give up $200 for this to get made instead of the full $400. Shipping to Hubble was included by the way so that was not additional cost to us.

Perhaps the PCBs could have been paid for with the preorder money. However at the time, the decision for preorders was not made and with Hubble having little money it would have been tough for him to fund it. I have also been told that the profits on this project are quite low making any investment difficult to justify without raising the GB price.

As for whom the PCBs go to I believe I am getting one of the two prototypes and Hubble is keeping one since seems fairly interested in using the prototype PCB.

Obviously the biggest concern here is that you guys did not know that #42 was available and weakened your chances at a third number. That I cannot address or justify.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #1155 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 16:58:32 »
It may just be me, but it seems that a lot of people who submitted quickly enough didn't get any of their numbers. I haven't gone through and checked all the posts, but enough people posted they didn't get any of their top three to stick to my memory. As I mentioned, I read Hubbs' post that he was surprised at the amount of people who were getting their top number, and I took that a little too close for comfort.

That said, I hope Hubbs took all 57 into consideration first before assigning numbers, especially since he opted people three slots. I.e. and slightly e.g., I hope I wasn't the 28th person who submitted and, after going in order, Hubbs just assigned me that number since all three of my choices were assigned already by the time he got to me instead of checking to see if my choices were more of a priority than everyone's as a whole.
Not sure whether that makes sense; I need more coffee. brb...

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1156 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 17:01:55 »

It may just be me, but it seems that a lot of people who submitted quickly enough didn't get any of their numbers. I haven't gone through and checked all the posts, but enough people posted they didn't get any of their top three to stick to my memory. As I mentioned, I read Hubbs' post that he was surprised at the amount of people who were getting their top number, and I took that a little too close for comfort.

That said, I hope Hubbs took all 57 into consideration first before assigning numbers, especially since he opted people three slots. I.e. and slightly e.g., I hope I wasn't the 28th person who submitted and, after going in order, Hubbs just assigned me that number since all three of my choices were assigned already by the time he got to me instead of checking to see if my choices were more of a priority than everyone's as a whole.

Makes sense.

this is why I'd want to know how it was done.

I figured my number 36 wouldn't be much of a first pick for most people and it would be fine.

But if it's how you explained, then I had no chance because I was probably one of the last people to enter.

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1157 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 17:04:51 »

Like we have seen previously in the thread, there are many people who have not received their letters yet which obviously means they cannot post here.
It is also possible that those who have received their first number are not very vocal on the forum. Lurkers are definitely still potential buyers of this board.
Just keep in mind that really, only a fraction of people have posted about not receiving their first number and maybe some just don't feel like posting.
Either way, I trust that Hubble tried to do well by everyone. Obviously it is hard to organize everything such that everyone is satisfied.

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.
« Reply #1158 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 18:26:20 »
I was one of the many that picked 42 as the top choice. I figured it would be popular and I pretty much expected not to get it, but it would have been nice to know up front that it wasn't even an option.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1159 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 20:01:33 »
Obviously the biggest concern here is that you guys did not know that #42 was available and weakened your chances at a third number. That I cannot address or justify.

This is the biggest issue here, in my opinion.  Returning favors and granting number requests is totally reasonable (I think he reserved #1 or #2 for Zeal as well, right?), but the people submitting *only* 3 picks need to know that.  To waste one of those preference picks on a number that you have zero chance of getting is just a shame.  I think that most people can agree that the number is one of the least important parts of this group buy, but to even offer numbered units in the first place implies that you want it to be taken seriously.  This is not the right way to do that.  :-/

Offline Data

« Reply #1160 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 20:21:09 »

This is the biggest issue here, in my opinion.  Returning favors and granting number requests is totally reasonable (I think he reserved #1 or #2 for Zeal as well, right?), but the people submitting *only* 3 picks need to know that.  To waste one of those preference picks on a number that you have zero chance of getting is just a shame.  I think that most people can agree that the number is one of the least important parts of this group buy, but to even offer numbered units in the first place implies that you want it to be taken seriously.  This is not the right way to do that.  :-/

The numbers are mostly meaningless, but picking your number was made out to be a big deal and one of the perks of being the first 57 to pre-order, which in turn helped produce the prototype.  So what little meaning could be derived from that is now further diminished by the way it was handled.  That's a shame.

Life goes on I suppose.

I think everyone is dazzled by how well the prototype turned out, but this business with the numbers (it feels stupid to even type it out) and the disappointing news RE: the anodizing options have really made this IC one hell of a rollercoaster ride.  I'm sure it will turn out great in the end, but damn...

DRAMA  :eek:

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1161 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 20:48:41 »
On the point of anodizing options:
Guys, most buys only offer silver, black, and occasionally some other third colour.
The option for powder coating in any one off you want alone makes this better than other buys in terms of options.
Honestly, I knew that there wouldn't be much in terms of anodizing options. The renders were just there to showcase what it could look like. They were mostly Zeal having a bunch of fun.

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
  • Location: Observable Universe, Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way Galaxy, Solar System, Planet Earth
« Reply #1162 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 21:01:24 »
OKAY EVERYONE CALLLLMMM DOWN

#1 I am NOT looking for your disappointment, I clearly stated and have continually pointed to the fact that I want YOUR opinion. I have not made color choice final, so if you would like me to look into more color choices for anodizing despite an added cost than I will, that simple.

#2 This thread is not intended for lectures, debates, or DRAMA, it is a way for me to update you on the project and ask for you opinions and thoughts on the direction of the project. Quite a few people and I have worked very hard to get the Mira to the point it is right now and the fact that that means nothing while a silly number debate somehow makes me a criminal is outrageous. The number was designed as a perk, not a product. I thought I had made it VERY clear that I could not make everyone happy. I don't know if just the people who are disappointed are posting cause I did in fact give many people their first through third choice and there is nothing I can do to make them post or take a photo. Understand that many of you who did not get your top choices choose very popular numbers and where inherently playing a lottery, not everyone can win a lottery. I also understand that people are frustrated that some numbers where reserved for contributors. Understand that I did not know that Ninjadoc wanted #2 or that frosty toast was going to request number 42 after submitting late. I had a conversation with Frosty telling him that it seemed unfair that he would take the number after submitting after a good number of you had already pre-ordered but he assured me that everyone would understand that the contributors deserved some preference. Understand that you guys gave $40 while the people who's names appear on the weight gave far more to this project. It would be unreasonable for me to not give them such a simple right after doing so much for me. I ADMIT (because people with character admit their mistakes) that perhaps more precautions could have been made to make the numbering system more real to the expectations I gave you. That said, there is A LOT more to this group buy than the number, so PLEASE stop worrying so much about it.

#3 I have not finished mailing out all 57 letters. I have had a very hectic couple weeks moving and transitioning to a new way of life. Making keyboards is not my job, so please know that I cant always let volunteer work get in the way of life changing work.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #1163 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 21:10:08 »
I completely understand that the number was just a perk and that the real prize is the board, which I'm very much looking forward to. Just picking the number kind of added more to the individuality, is all.
Can't wait to see more pics!

But I still want 27. ;)

Offline archer

« Reply #1164 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 21:19:14 »
+1 for dark grey anodized!

Also, I got #29... if whoever got #57 would like to trade, please let me know! It would twist my jimmies in all the right ways if I could score #57!  :thumb:

Offline Pemdas

• (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ᶠᶫᵒᵃᵗᶦᶰᵍ ᶫᶦᵏᵉ ᵃ ᵇᵘᵗᵗᵉʳᶠᶫʸ
« Reply #1165 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 21:35:30 »
Has #31 been got by someone yet? I was an entire day late on getting the pre-order in, hoping my number wasn't popular enough to be requested :(

HHKB2 | Orion v2 | TGR-03 Proto | Octagon v2 | JD45 | BlackBird | Mira SE | Viper v2 | SX60 | E8-v1 | Alice | LZ GH v2 | No 1/65 | 910SE | Kyuu | LZ CLS ms | UNIKORN | PhysiX

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1166 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 03:40:23 »
Either way anodize or anodize + powder coating is fine. But I'll be more than happy of I can do powder coat in any color.

I've a lot of aluminium pc parts which is powder coated. As long as it's a high quality coat the result would be amazing or even scratch resistant
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline rpeterclark

• RPTR ❌
« Reply #1167 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 06:22:10 »
Was participation in the pre-order implied to be anonymous or something? Our names typically get posted all over in other GBs (paid invoices, shipping batches, etc) . The public number trading requests and general ambiguity would go away if a list of usernames and assigned numbers with a note that I indicates which choice it was. The problem seems to be the lack of transparency, maybe be more transparent?

Offline Bucky

« Reply #1168 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 12:23:29 »
Found a GON buyer so I am in on this buy. Pretty excited! (now I have to find a keyboard to use till the Mira ships)

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
  • Location: Observable Universe, Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way Galaxy, Solar System, Planet Earth
« Reply #1169 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 12:32:39 »
Was participation in the pre-order implied to be anonymous or something? Our names typically get posted all over in other GBs (paid invoices, shipping batches, etc) . The public number trading requests and general ambiguity would go away if a list of usernames and assigned numbers with a note that I indicates which choice it was. The problem seems to be the lack of transparency, maybe be more transparent?
The way I have the numbers organized is with your real names and addresses, I would have to reformat my sheet (which I will do eventually) in order to share all the numbers. I don't want to run the Group buy in a way that makes other peoples spending habits obvious or creates tension between people just because of a number.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #1170 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 12:58:19 »
I originally got my top number. Someone else apparently really wanted it. Traded my number to them. The number shouldn't be a huge deal, at least in my big-bearded-opinion.

At the end of the day this is just about getting a Mira, not a number, and as cool as it could be to have a special number on the bottom of my keyboard, it changes nothing about how excited I am about this project.

Really, I'm just not quite understanding how to get upset over a number. 
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #1171 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 13:04:01 »
The way I see it, the number and gold stabilizers were part of the $40 pre-order, which I participated in. Sure, not everyone can get their number, but it was kind of a big deal leading up to the submission form and people got hyped. Overhyped? Maybe. I sure did. I thought for sure no one would choose my top number, but it seems someone did and I got one number higher than that. Soooo close...

Doesn't help that it's being downplayed now, as though retrospectively it wasn't a big deal. To some it was. It's part of the overall custom keyboard experience. You get a custom keyboard, but wait! You can raffle a specific number to have engraved, you'll receive a personal letter, gold stabilizers, and maybe even a custom emblem on the weight. That sounds really cool, and adds to the individuality. It'll be my Mira and no one else's.

Still excited for the Mira and the Zealio switches going in it.

Edit:
Maybe to help explain why the number was important to some: it may be the year they graduated some school, an anniversary, birth date, jersey number, etc. Something which says something about the owner. Sure, the number won't matter in the end because it's never going to be visible in normal use, or someone even may end up selling it, but the number can be a sort of signature in ways.

ANYWAY, that's it. In the end, it was a raffle and some will lose. I'm getting strung way too highly about this. I need to step away and get some fresh air.
« Last Edit: Thu, 27 August 2015, 13:08:41 by romevi »

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1172 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 13:05:45 »
I originally got my top number. Someone else apparently really wanted it. Traded my number to them. The number shouldn't be a huge deal, at least in my big-bearded-opinion.

At the end of the day this is just about getting a Mira, not a number, and as cool as it could be to have a special number on the bottom of my keyboard, it changes nothing about how excited I am about this project.

I mean. I'd love to have 36 since it's a part of my username, but in the end, if it doesnt happen then it doesnt happen.

I think people are getting upset or irritated about the number thing not because of the number itself, but being a bit mislead as to not being told there were certain numbers being reserved.

Like you said, it's just a number and we're all more interested in getting a Mira. I'm sure everyone can agree to that.

Offline ATXTider

• I keep it playa while some choose to play it safe
« Reply #1173 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 13:17:06 »

You got a number, traded it, and tweeted about it before letters even went out.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #1174 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 13:30:39 »

You got a number, traded it, and tweeted about it before letters even went out.

The person I traded with failed to mention they were supposed to be secret  :eek: I had no knowledge at all what number I had until this individual messaged me, told me what number I had, then immediatly asked me for it. I figured if people were getting told who had what number, then numbers were basically public already at that point. My mistake, and I took it down immediately.

Still never got a letter, probably won't, feeling like my mail service lost it, which happens a lot. So still not even 100% sure what number I have now haha.
« Last Edit: Thu, 27 August 2015, 13:39:02 by livingspeedbump »

Offline Bucky

« Reply #1175 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 13:33:15 »
I don't remember seeing a mention of what the cost for building the keyboard would be, is that something we have a rough idea on? Just trying to have a rough estimate on total cost.

Even though I am late to this and didn't get to choose a number I think it will be fun just seeing what random one I get between 58-100.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #1176 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 13:35:55 »
I don't remember seeing a mention of what the cost for building the keyboard would be, is that something we have a rough idea on? Just trying to have a rough estimate on total cost.

Even though I am late to this and didn't get to choose a number I think it will be fun just seeing what random one I get between 58-100.

I'm not sure we know yet. Probably between $400-$500, but that is totally a personal guess.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #1177 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 13:36:51 »
I got my mira swag shippment alert! Sweet  :p

Offline Armagedda

« Reply #1178 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 18:15:05 »

Yeah this is something all these thread crapping number ****s don't seem to appreciate. There are many of us who have pre-ordered but missed the window to get into the first 57. We will be missing out on the gold stabs as well as the ability to select some number preferences despite having contributed just as much as them to the costs of the prototyping and pre-GB costs. I'm not complaining about missing out mind you, this was clearly stated in the OP and is absolutely fair enough. Though it definitely bothers me to see this thread getting crapped by people that are genuinely upset that they couldn't have their meme number and frankly it's pathetic.

On a positive note I got my swag shipping notice too, pretty excited about that.

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #1179 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 19:40:45 »
So, getting back to the subject... What is the additional cost for more anodizing options, Doc? And what colors are available?

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.
« Reply #1180 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 19:50:35 »

Yeah this is something all these thread crapping number ****s don't seem to appreciate. There are many of us who have pre-ordered but missed the window to get into the first 57. We will be missing out on the gold stabs as well as the ability to select some number preferences despite having contributed just as much as them to the costs of the prototyping and pre-GB costs. I'm not complaining about missing out mind you, this was clearly stated in the OP and is absolutely fair enough. Though it definitely bothers me to see this thread getting crapped by people that are genuinely upset that they couldn't have their meme number and frankly it's pathetic.

On a positive note I got my swag shipping notice too, pretty excited about that.

I presume you aren't crapping by complaining about people complaining, simply because you didn't have a horse in the race.

Offline E3E

« Reply #1181 on: Fri, 28 August 2015, 07:52:35 »
To be honest, even if I got into this group buy in the beginning (which I originally planned on), I have no particular attachment to any number or set of numbers. I've never really had a favorite aside from "64" as a kid thanks to Cartoon Network's channel on our cable network being 64 as well as the Nintendo 64. Even if I wanted that number, it's outside the range offered. Seriously though, all this attachment to a number is a little silly. Be happy that you got in on the first 57 and are part of something special in its own right. I won't be getting a Mira myself. I really wanted to, because it IS special, but I couldn't reasonably justify the purchase in my mind. Right now, having boards for the sake of collecting would be an unwise choice for me.

Anyway, I think anyone who's upset over the number they ended up with should take a step back and realize they are in a select group themselves. Many others WISH they could've been in the first 57, so don't complain because you simply didn't get a small detail you wanted.

With that said, I'm still happy to see this whole project progress. It's been one hell of a sight to see, and to be honest, with the GB stats someone displayed early into this, I was with them in thinking that 57 orders wouldn't even have been reached. Pretty awesome if you ask me, especially if we're getting orders from people outside of the US. Whew for a USA custom! :3

Offline techmattr

« Reply #1182 on: Fri, 28 August 2015, 08:54:04 »
Hey as long as my number is less than 58 I'm happy.

On a side note... For the "Do you intend on requesting assembly services?" question I answered "Yes, only SMD components" but I'd rather just do it myself. Anywhere to change that answer?

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #1183 on: Fri, 28 August 2015, 11:56:43 »
Hey as long as my number is less than 58 I'm happy.

On a side note... For the "Do you intend on requesting assembly services?" question I answered "Yes, only SMD components" but I'd rather just do it myself. Anywhere to change that answer?

Im pretty sure that was just to gauge interest, not a "final answer", though I could be wrong.

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1184 on: Fri, 28 August 2015, 13:56:25 »
Another day and still no letter.

I'll just stop looking for one at this point. If I get one, cool, if not, oh well. Not a big deal.

My swag will probably get here next week though

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
« Reply #1185 on: Fri, 28 August 2015, 13:59:22 »
So, getting back to the subject... What is the additional cost for more anodizing options, Doc? And what colors are available?

Im not sure, we had some problems with the anodizing shop that we used for the prototype. We will most certainly be using a different one. At the moment though I am trying to get powder coat samples for you guys to see  :p

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #1186 on: Fri, 28 August 2015, 14:08:13 »

I'll just stop looking for one at this point. If I get one, cool, if not, oh well. Not a big deal.

Yeah, same.

But seeing powder coat options is exciting!

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #1187 on: Fri, 28 August 2015, 14:12:31 »

Im not sure, we had some problems with the anodizing shop that we used for the prototype. We will most certainly be using a different one. At the moment though I am trying to get powder coat samples for you guys to see  :p

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
« Reply #1188 on: Fri, 28 August 2015, 14:13:54 »

Since there is clearly a lot of confusion I am going to release the list of usernames and which numbers they got. Regardless of what it says on your letter, this is the number you will be receiving  :thumb:

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
« Reply #1189 on: Fri, 28 August 2015, 14:48:12 »
so I just checked my spreadsheet and was going through everything. There are more errors than I thought. I would suggest everyone check in on their number when I get it posted  :confused:

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
« Reply #1190 on: Fri, 28 August 2015, 15:01:22 »
I am very sorry for the confusion, it seems printing letters got things all jumbled up, hopefully this makes some of you happy  :thumb:

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #1191 on: Fri, 28 August 2015, 15:04:20 »
I am very sorry for the confusion, it seems printing letters got things all jumbled up, hopefully this makes some of you happy  :thumb:
Show Image
Show Image

Hubbs, you cray.

I GOT MY NUMBER! Looks like I got all pantie-twisted for nothing. I'm sorry if I sounded rude in my posts; it wasn't my intention at all. I was just trying to embolden the fact that I, with possibly some others, really, really wanted a specific number that we thought no one would pick!
I got 28 in the letter. Should I forward my letter to archer or keep it?

Congrats, fab 57! And congrats to the rest who helped support this. Can't wait to get this with muh Zealios.
« Last Edit: Fri, 28 August 2015, 15:07:49 by romevi »

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #1192 on: Fri, 28 August 2015, 15:15:01 »

Understood. Thanks for getting back to me on that. Is it possible to get a non-anodized and non-painted/powder coated chassis? I've got a local shop that will do pretty much any color for $10/sq ft.

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
Re: [IC] Hubble Mira Custom TKL (PLEASE CHECK ON YOUR NUMBER)
« Reply #1193 on: Fri, 28 August 2015, 15:21:58 »
Show Image
Show Image

lol. time to trade... anyone want 25? I'm interested in 30 and 32

Offline aznairjordan

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1194 on: Fri, 28 August 2015, 15:29:38 »
Show Image
Show Image

yayy got my number! thanks dr, I sent you a PM earlier but forget about it now :)
TGR Jane CE|FC660C|Orion V2
GMK Hyperfuse|GMK Olivetti|GMK Red Alert|Soulfree's Teal|GMK Cyan

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #1195 on: Fri, 28 August 2015, 15:30:25 »
Show Image
Show Image

yayy got my number! thanks dr, I sent you a PM earlier but forget about it now :)

Oh, I get why you wanted that number.

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #1196 on: Fri, 28 August 2015, 15:41:45 »

Show Image
Show Image

Oh, I get why you wanted that number.
Yeah, I saw his post before his number and I was hoping it would be 23 lol

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1197 on: Fri, 28 August 2015, 15:45:59 »
Thanks for posting the list.

And I'm sorry if I sounded a bit rude.

I was just stating that I give up on checking and hoping on getting a letter. If it comes, great, but it's not something I'm dying over and I'm just happy about being in the GB rather than about getting a number.

But once again, thanks for the list and clarification

Offline adamski07

• * Maker
  • adamskimodz|fudorekz12
« Reply #1198 on: Fri, 28 August 2015, 15:57:18 »
I knew it. This is why almost none of us got any of their top three choices. Lol.. And I was confused too why this person who got number 15 is willing to trade it for mine as he could have gotten mine and his for me. Thanks for double checking it for us, Hubble. :D
« Last Edit: Fri, 28 August 2015, 16:19:37 by adamski07 »

Offline archer

« Reply #1199 on: Fri, 28 August 2015, 16:13:47 »
Hey DrHubb -- The envelope that I received had #29 on it.. your spreadsheet has me as #28.

Which is correct?  ;D