Author Topic: [IC] Hubble Mira Custom TKL (GB is 3... 2... 1... launched!)  (Read 579297 times)

Offline ninjadoc

Re: [IC] Hubble Mira Custom TKL (Searching for New Resources)
« Reply #1700 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 14:56:27 »
Well, I’m semi-back. Lynching me may be appropriate because I didn’t say anything for a while and I’ve done what I hate to have done to me. That said I’m going to only say that I’ve been waiting for the prototypes to be delivered to me. I paid for these myself to see what they looked like, how the shop did with making them, and to get an idea what the cost would be to make them. These are based on Hubble’s original design and had some alterations made based on suggestions by the original machine shop, Geekhack members, the new machine shop, and the person I’ve found to do CAD for me. This version of the Mira would cost us about $600 as a groupbuy price.
That is more than we all want to pay and in a second post I will discuss the issues with the original design as I understand them, issues with this design, and what can be done to produce the Mira at a price we all like.
So, here are the pictures I suspect all are waiting to see. I haven’t received them yet but I know all would like some news. Remember these are prototypes so they will not be perfect.
Winkey

Winkeyless

Offline Vala

• :smork:
    • Vala Supply
« Reply #1701 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 15:05:25 »
Wow.. the board looks great... but $600 will probably be pretty steep for a lot of people. If the group buy comes into fruition any time soon I probably won't have enough saved to join in.

Good luck though, it looks awesome!

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #1702 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 15:05:45 »
That price is def a lot, but the board looks gorgeous!

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1703 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 15:08:30 »
That looks nice, thanks for your hard work!  I think the logo above the arrow keys needs a bit of reworking.  Specifically, at a glance it looks like "O'MIRA", which is a bit weird.  Maybe some separation between the two circles and the MIRA word would make it look less like an O and apostrophe?

$600 is out of my budget range, sadly.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #1704 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 15:12:46 »
That looks nice, thanks for your hard work!  I think the logo above the arrow keys needs a bit of reworking.  Specifically, at a glance it looks like "O'MIRA", which is a bit weird.  Maybe some separation between the two circles and the MIRA word would make it look less like an O and apostrophe?

$600 is out of my budget range, sadly.

Good point but if you look at the original prototype it is the same.
Wait till I go over the changes and the proposed changes and then any comments about what we would like would be appreciated. We are trying to get it down to a reasonable cost.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1705 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 15:14:17 »
Understood!  The original had it like that, but now that you have it anodized in a dark color like that and photographed from various angles, "O'MIRA" really pops out at me for the first time.  Looking forward to your second post :)  Thanks again!!!!

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1706 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 15:49:08 »
I'm still in,  can I have 64?

;D

Offline Patchwrks

« Reply #1707 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 16:08:36 »
I'm definitely still in
(´・ω・`)denko-chan~~~내 스레드

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #1708 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 16:20:11 »
Looks nice
Price is high, but this is headed in the right direction :)

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1709 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 16:27:19 »
Rip cad.
I will probably have to dip into education funds for this. ****.
Negative profit should also not be a thing in group buys.
Not saying I ever intended to get anything from helping out but ninja must feel the hurt.

I really do hope you guys can manage with the price. There are absolutely no plans on making overhead on these boards. Not even to make up for extra expenses.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #1710 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 16:33:31 »
Rip cad.

care to elaborate?

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #1711 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 16:33:46 »
board looks fantastic

price is damn high but build quality looks stunning

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1712 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 16:39:03 »
Rip cad.

care to elaborate?

With the Canadian dollar being so low I will have to spend upwards of $900CAD to get a hold of this board.
I personally won't have that much to spend on a board with all of my other expenses trying to fit in.

Due to the high cost that comes with producing the board we also cannot make any profit whatsoever.
Not even ninjadoc can get anything from this, let alone myself.

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #1713 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 16:41:27 »
Rip cad.

care to elaborate?

With the Canadian dollar being so low I will have to spend upwards of $900CAD to get a hold of this board.
I personally won't have that much to spend on a board with all of my other expenses trying to fit in.

Due to the high cost that comes with producing the board we also cannot make any profit whatsoever.
Not even ninjadoc can get anything from this, let alone myself.

ahh gotcha.  I totally read 'cad' as computer aided design.... yeah this project is going to be hard to complete.  I'd love to buy one, but that is just too much to shell out for a keyboard :(

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #1714 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 18:18:31 »
Maybe someone could reach out to yuktsi and see if he can get the contact details for his manufacturer?

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #1715 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 21:16:47 »
First let me say I had no earthly idea what I was getting into or I never would have said I would help get the Mira produced. I’ve learned a lot about group buys, aluminum, coating, and machining cost. Truthfully I still know very little. Second, before you quote a price for anything see how much it is going to cost to buy it or make it. Assume lost or damaged items, time, and shipping. If you don’t do that it will cost the organizer of the group buy money and everyone will be unhappy. If you are designing something to make – find someone who runs the machines that the item will be made with. If it is a keyboard find out what contributes to the cost of making it. The material is not the problem – time and how much the object has to be handled is. If they have to touch it, move it, flip it on its side, change cutting tools, it takes time and costs money. The initial Mira prototype took over 18 hours to make – thus the cost of $2000. There is a very good reason most keyboards look similar – cost of production.

So why does the Mira cost so much to make and what are some of the issues with the design. These issues were brought up by the CAD guys at the first machine shop, geekhackers, and actually LZ commented to me about some issues that unfortunately turned about to be true.
First the issues with the first prototype were the length of the blockers, the size of the :Esc: hole, and the separation of the function keys. LZ mentioned something about this initially to me and I didn’t understand what he meant. Turns out the Koreans apparently have a standard template for the top of a TKL keyboard from what I’ve been told. All of this has been corrected.

Next is the USB hole. This contributed both to time machining because of the bevel and requiring the aluminum machine to be flipped over on its side to be machined and I suspect the location also contributed to the time being machined.

If you look at the Duck boards, KMAC’s, and LZ’s boards usually the USB hole is on the edge of the top or bottom of the shell and is usually a straight hole.

This has been corrected on this last prototype.

Machine shops sometimes round the edges of two pieces being joined together like the initial prototype.

This was corrected on the second prototype

This probably had little or no effect on the cost but it is something to watch for if you try manufacturing a keyboard.

There are several things lumped together in this next cost increasing part of the design. Hubble tried to keep the cost down by utilizing the method OTD uses with The Cheat.

Here he utilized the round tabs seen here. It does work and when I dismantled my Cheat to have it reanodized I discovered the previous owner had used a thin cloth tape to create a snug fit. The first machine shop complained about this because they felt it didn’t add enough support. They also kept muttering about how the inside radiuses were time consuming to mill. At the time I didn’t understand what they were talking about and never received an answer that helped me.  I thought they were talking about this corner –

That is not exactly it. They were talking about the area the screw goes through and holds the plate and case together. They created more machine time. That has been changed to the standard method of attaching the plate to the top and making the inside of the case straight.

The base of the case was made slightly thicker to prevent the deformity that occurred during anodizing. I have no idea what this is called and the only answer I’ve gotten from anodizing companies that the metal was to thin. If that is true how do they anodize screens?

We’ve used brass on these prototypes and I have the concern that another group will complain about its use. Due to these concerns probably Mira and the number of the case will be placed on the brass rather than names of individuals involved in the design and manufacture of the Mira.

Brass is easier and less expensive to machine than stainless steel. The stainless steel was cut out of a solid block and the brass was done the same way.

After discussion with the person doing the CAD and the machine shop we feel it will be less expensive if that is done by cutting three pieces out of a flat sheet. I’m not sure of how much this will reduce production cost but it should diminish it.
This is not truly a cost cutting measure but an aesthetic improvement -  if you notice the original prototype cure the edge were it meets the case is rounded

This machine shop has been able to sharpen that edge which makes it “cleaner”.

Lastly is a design change that reduces machine time by about two hours and improves the stability of the Mira when typing. It changes the angle of the case by about one degree and reduces the height of the Mira into the range of other custom keyboards. Hopefully it may lend itself to a diffuser plate but that hasn’t been discussed yet. The back of the initial design looks like this

LZ mentioned something about the back angle of the case. His English is not good and my Korean is nonexistent and all I understood was the angle was bad, and problems with the function row. If you type “vigorously” and utilize the function row the keyboard may rock. Under normal conditions this is not a concern but it can happen.
This view demonstrates the curve and the lip at the back of the case. The screws go through here to hold the case together.

Apparently that area takes at least two hours of machine time. Obviously that is significant. It has been suggested that the rear of the case should be redesigned like this

This will reduce machine time, increase stability of the case, lower the height, and improve the angle of the typing surface. Hopefully this is acceptable to all of you.
Photoelectric mentioned that the “Mira” logo looks like “O’Mira” . This was true on the initial prototype

And the current prototype

I agree to an extent. Due to size constraints and uncertainty about how a change would affect the proportion of the lettering to the size of the case I’m at a loss of what I or the CAD person could do about this.

The changes I’ve mentioned in design along with the change in the plate hopefully will get this down to a price everyone is comfortable with. Any comments, thoughts, suggestions are welcomed. Tell me what you think -I and others are trying to get this to a price we are all comfortable with.

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #1716 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 21:19:25 »
Enjoy reading this book. My goal is to get this as close to $400 as possible. I'm going to check with a moderator to get two polls - one on cost, the other on anodizing colors. Hopefully I can get this done in the next two days.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #1717 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 21:20:07 »
looks like photekq got it right when he said the top row would be a problem for stability

plus massive thank you to ninjadoc - I don't wanna know how much work has gone into this
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 February 2016, 21:24:25 by swimmingbird »

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1718 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 21:43:11 »
That's amazing wok ninjadoc

the prototype is beautiful already, and I've to agree that polls would be the safe bet
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline Patchwrks

« Reply #1719 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 22:30:59 »
Definitely still in now.  Looks nice.  Can't wait for the polls
(´・ω・`)denko-chan~~~내 스레드

Offline Bucky

« Reply #1720 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 23:13:43 »
Thanks so much Ninjadoc, this is great info. Still in for this.

When you are mentioning potential prices does that still include the Zealios? That definitely makes the high price a little easier to swallow. I like the changes, and am glad to see 2 more prototypes, it also made me realize how great this board looks in silver. I am definitely interested in a diffuser option if someone is looking into that.

Whenever this does get produced is there a plan to get Ninjadoc reimbursed for all these expenses? Selling the prototypes will help, but I would be willing to donate some to help too.

Offline logomachy

« Reply #1721 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 23:53:59 »
Other than the usb hole I prefer the new design. The curve looks odd in the original.
Glad to see this moving forward.

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #1722 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 00:04:51 »
WOW. ninjadoc, you have restored my faith in this project. great work. thank you

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1723 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 00:11:25 »
Very interesting read!  I'm fine with the current logo design, personally.  I know what it stands for, and that's the most important part anyway.  Are those cost-cutting options already included into the $600 estimate or are you saying that the changes you've made and will still make will cut costs still more toward the $400 mark?  (To be honest, I also am fine with skipping brass or steel for the bottom weight, and if it's just engraved logo on the rear, it'd be fine with me--if that means the cost would be significantly lower.  A full aluminum keyboard of that size is going to be quite heavy already--plenty dampened in terms of typing experience.)
« Last Edit: Wed, 24 February 2016, 00:13:05 by Photoelectric »

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #1724 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 00:32:26 »
Amazing how this board and eventual GB is turning out!

However, as for me, the older I get in this hobby the more I realize I don't need more than one MX TKL. So, even though I fought for my number, I'm now offering my spot.

PM me if you're interested. I know I'll kick myself once these are assembled in people's homes.

CLAIMED
« Last Edit: Fri, 26 February 2016, 11:24:49 by romevi »

Offline codywanks

« Reply #1725 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 03:33:16 »
I've been silently following this thread for a while and hoping the GB comes to fruition. Judging from the latest batch of pictures it seems this will become a reality sooner rather than later  :thumb: Thanks ninjadoc (and whoever else helping out behind the scenes).

I'm fine with the current logo design, personally.  I know what it stands for, and that's the most important part anyway.

Likewise. It doesn't look like O'Mira to me at all.

Are those cost-cutting options already included into the $600 estimate or are you saying that the changes you've made and will still make will cut costs still more toward the $400 mark?

I'd like to know too. I think what he means is the latest version already has all the cost-cutting options (which we can see in the photos) and yet it still costs $600.

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #1726 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 11:07:14 »
I've been silently following this thread for a while and hoping the GB comes to fruition. Judging from the latest batch of pictures it seems this will become a reality sooner rather than later  :thumb: Thanks ninjadoc (and whoever else helping out behind the scenes).

I'm fine with the current logo design, personally.  I know what it stands for, and that's the most important part anyway.

Likewise. It doesn't look like O'Mira to me at all.

Are those cost-cutting options already included into the $600 estimate or are you saying that the changes you've made and will still make will cut costs still more toward the $400 mark?

I'd like to know too. I think what he means is the latest version already has all the cost-cutting options (which we can see in the photos) and yet it still costs $600.

NO, all the changes have not been incorporated into the above prototypes. In the current form it would cost around $600. See my next post please for an explanation.

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #1727 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 11:08:15 »
Obviously my long article about changes to the initial design of the Mira created some confusion. In its current form the board would be about $600.
Not all of those changes have been incorporated, we’ve yet to remove the lip on the back of the case or change the inserts. 

I’m talking bout the curved area above the USB hole and the base of the board.

This will make the base come out to the edge of the case in the back and eliminate the odd back of the Mira.

This change reduces machining time around 2 hours.

Currently the brass plate is a single piece like this stainless steel plate.

We are going to split this in three pieces which will both cut down machine time and material cost.
The end result of these two changes is the Mira will look like this:

Another prototype is pending and we shall see what the cost of production will be.
These two changes will reduce the cost, hopefully to around $400.
« Last Edit: Wed, 24 February 2016, 11:10:28 by ninjadoc »

Offline Blackhawk

« Reply #1728 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 11:36:19 »
I have no personal investment in the Mira, but reading these updates is really interesting. Awesome work ninjadoc.

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #1729 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 11:36:45 »
Now to address the USB hole comment. My understanding that a USB hole like this can be done while clamped in the jig and doesn’t have to be handled.

In order to have a beveled hole like this

First the hole has to be cut, the material removed from the jig, and repositioned on its side, and clamped for machining. Multiply that time 100 boards and you’ve added a lot of machine time. I hope that clarifies why there is no beveled USB hole. I agree, it looks better but cost is an issue here.

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #1730 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 11:41:10 »
I have no personal investment in the Mira, but reading these updates is really interesting. Awesome work ninjadoc.
Thank you.
I know now why Kin's and Sprit's group buys blew up in their face. This can be a nighmare to complete. Can you image LZ does 3 or 4 of these a year! If you have a good chain of production that is stable it could be done. Look at Duck's group buy on the Orion 2 and how long it took. Something when bad in his chain of production. And look at the TX1800 and the issues with quality of the cases and anodizing.

Offline techmattr

« Reply #1731 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 11:44:04 »
Wow. Thanks for all the hard work ninjadoc. Your commitment (and other's involved) to this board is amazing. I hope we can find a way to compensate you guys for all the time and money you've spent on this project.

All the changes are fine with me as well. I don't mind the logo as it is now either. The only thing I don't like is the USB hole but that is so minor it seems the benefits of simplifying the machining outweigh the additional cost by a long shot. Again, great work on this and thanks for sticking with this project.

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1732 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 11:45:12 »
So I pre-ordered, and paid a $40 deposit, not in the top 57, Sooooooo.... Am I in?

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1733 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 12:07:34 »
So I pre-ordered, and paid a $40 deposit, not in the top 57, Sooooooo.... Am I in?

You are definitely in!

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #1734 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 14:34:47 »
Wow thanks ninjadoc for the details about machining and costs.  I love learning about stuff like that.  Soooooo cool.

I'm also sorry this has been such a headache.  Hopefully it will have a glorious completion.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1735 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 14:40:21 »
Sounds good :)  The USB hole looks fine as a simple rectangle, I think.  I have an indented beveled sort in my LZ-GH, and I can't say that I prefer it any more to the simple rectangular cut-out.  It's the part we won't really see much of anyway, except by those who have desks that aren't against a wall.

Offline codywanks

« Reply #1736 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 18:14:28 »
Godspeed SA would be the perfect accompaniment to the Mira *droool*

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1737 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 18:35:25 »
Enjoy reading this book. My goal is to get this as close to $400 as possible. I'm going to check with a moderator to get two polls - one on cost, the other on anodizing colors. Hopefully I can get this done in the next two days.

Poll #1 is added.  :thumb:

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #1738 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 13:48:14 »
Come on guys, anyone that has preordered please participate in the poll.

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #1739 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 13:53:52 »
i want to give you an accurate response, but i still have questions, man.

are the prices in the poll "kit" prices - like, including pcb, any miscellaneous electrical parts, stabilizers, zealios, etc? or is this just price for the case and mid-plate?

if this is not going to be a "kit," it's still not clear to me what pcbs are supported, or where we can source them from

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1740 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 14:17:39 »

are the prices in the poll "kit" prices - like, including pcb, any miscellaneous electrical parts, stabilizers, zealios, etc? or is this just price for the case and mid-plate?

if this is not going to be a "kit," it's still not clear to me what pcbs are supported, or where we can source them from

The poll is asking what you would pay for a kit.
That would include the housing as well as pcb with presoldered controllers and SMD components.

Stabilisers, switches, etc are not included.

Offline KaminKevCrew

« Reply #1741 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 14:19:27 »

That would include the housing as well as pcb with presoldered controllers and SMD components.

I have a question about that. If I recall correctly, wasn't Zeal initially planning to donate gold stabs to the first 57 boards? Is that still the case, or should I be picking up some on my own?

Offline en7ropy

« Reply #1742 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 14:20:53 »

Looks like a lot more at $400 than I expected to see, especially since you worded it as the maximum you'd be willing to pay.

Perhaps send a PM to the people that pre-ordered but haven't voted yet?

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #1743 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 17:09:45 »

Normally when you buy a "keyboard kit" in a groupbuy it includes case, PCB. and plate. This includes screws, the 3 M feet if used and nothing else. I've asked the person who agreed to sell us PCB's about getting SMD components presoldered at the factory and they agreed to do so. All you will have to do is install stabilizers, switches, and LED's. As for gold plated stabilizers I will have to check with Zeal.

At this point this is going to be a one man show checking, sorting, and packing all this so I have no interest in dealing with switches too. Now if you want to come to Cincinnati, stay here until everything is checked, packaged, and shipped I will be happy to give you switches for the Mira. That is not a blanket offer by the way! :)

Thanks

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #1744 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 17:37:28 »

Normally when you buy a "keyboard kit" in a groupbuy it includes case, PCB. and plate. This includes screws, the 3 M feet if used and nothing else. I've asked the person who agreed to sell us PCB's about getting SMD components presoldered at the factory and they agreed to do so. All you will have to do is install stabilizers, switches, and LED's. As for gold plated stabilizers I will have to check with Zeal.

At this point this is going to be a one man show checking, sorting, and packing all this so I have no interest in dealing with switches too. Now if you want to come to Cincinnati, stay here until everything is checked, packaged, and shipped I will be happy to give you switches for the Mira. That is not a blanket offer by the way! :)

Thanks

Yes, thank you for clarifying. This is what I thought. I filled out the poll. Thanks again for taking over, ninjadoc

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #1745 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 17:51:43 »
Wow, awesome work not only keeping this alive but cleaning up so many issues with the initial design! You are killing it ninjadoc, thanks so much! Voted in the poll :thumb:
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #1746 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 18:08:55 »
If it's gonna be a one man show please let me know if I can help out at all

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #1747 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 20:02:56 »
If it's gonna be a one man show please let me know if I can help out at all

Frosty and Zeal both live in Canada. I'm getting the finishing done in Indianapolis. So Frosty has done the paperwork, Zeal may do collections, and I'll end up with the manual labor. Some variant of this is what will happen.

Offline Vala

• :smork:
    • Vala Supply
« Reply #1748 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 20:17:20 »
Don't know if this sounds silly, but would it perhaps be for the best to remove the Mira engraving from the front? If there are brass weights in the bottom that have the logo, the fact that it is a Mira is still evident, but it would eliminate the issue of it looking like "O' Mira", and I don't really know if a lot of people even like having logos on the front of their keyboards (I personally don't). It would also help lower the price (less machine time).

So, I'm not sure how attached everybody is to the front logo, but this could be an option.

Offline KaminKevCrew

« Reply #1749 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 20:22:12 »
Don't know if this sounds silly, but would it perhaps be for the best to remove the Mira engraving from the front? If there are brass weights in the bottom that have the logo, the fact that it is a Mira is still evident, but it would eliminate the issue of it looking like "O' Mira", and I don't really know if a lot of people even like having logos on the front of their keyboards (I personally don't). It would also help lower the price (less machine time).

So, I'm not sure how attached everybody is to the front logo, but this could be an option.
I'd be fine with this! I don't really have an opinion either way, buy it does seem like a good way to bring costs down.