Author Topic: Problem with a Ducky Shine 3  (Read 3882 times)

Offline Albanor

Problem with a Ducky Shine 3
« on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 18:40:13 »
Hi everyone,

I'm having a strange problem with my Ducky DK9008 Shine 3. I've been using it for a year and a half without a single issue. But tonight, he suddenly stop working when I booted. The backlight still works perfectly, including changing the different modes and custom modes. But not a single key will send anything. I tested another usb cable, I plugged it on 2 other computers, including a macbook : exact same problem. I tried to use the firmware updater here: http://www.duckychannel.com.tw/en/firmware_updater.html. The program launches, but the 'ok' button stays greyed out and inactive, maybe it is not compatible with windows 10, I don't know.
I tried to change the switches in the back of it, nothing changed.
Anyone would have a suggestion?
Thanks.

Offline jcoffin1981

Re: Problem with a Ducky Shine 3
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 09 December 2015, 21:44:44 »
Perhaps there is a key that is stuck and will not allow others to go through?

I would plug it into a comp or laptop that you have never used before and see if it recognizes a new keyboard is being plugged in.  If it fails to do so, then it's time to dig out the terms of the warranty and hung Mechanicalkeyboards.com or Amazon for a new one.  I love an escuse to by something new.
KPB V60 Gateron Browns and Leopold Keycaps.  Poker 3 with Gateron Browns and Poker keycaps.  Poker 3 with Cherry MX Browns, ABS keycaps and white LED's.

Leopold FC660M- my new favorite, right out of the box.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 09 December 2015, 21:51:20 »
I don't recall now where I saw it but there is a way to do a reset on the keyboard, something like unplug it, flip all the dip switches one way then the other and plug it back in.

What you describe almost makes it sound like the board is stuck in some kind of demo mode.

Offline KaminKevCrew

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 14:18:43 »
I don't recall now where I saw it but there is a way to do a reset on the keyboard, something like unplug it, flip all the dip switches one way then the other and plug it back in.

What you describe almost makes it sound like the board is stuck in some kind of demo mode.
That's what I was thinking. The manual should have something for how to reset the board.

I know that the shine 4 definitely has a demo mode, where nothing gets output to the computer.

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
Problem with a Ducky Shine 3
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 14:53:19 »
Yea
The manual says something like that

I think it's like hold down the two windows keys at the same time for x amount of seconds and the keyboard should flash it's LEDs

Edit:
Yup
http://www.duckychannel.net/download/user_manual/Shine3_DK9008+DK9087_usermanual.pdf

Hold left and right windows keys for 3 seconds
LEDs will blink 3 times after it resets
« Last Edit: Sun, 13 December 2015, 14:55:24 by asdfjkl36 »

Offline BrewCaps

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 09:12:22 »
Wiggle the cable connector.