Author Topic: Hello Nerds  (Read 1412 times)

Offline martin-96

Hello Nerds
« on: Tue, 30 October 2012, 15:06:17 »
Hello all geekhackers! My name is Martin and i live in malmö which is the third largest city in Sweden. So i'm new here at geekhack and i found this great forum when i was doing some research on mechanical keyboards because i want one but i won't settle for anything so i am having a hard time finding the keyboard i want. But i think i might find the answer to my questions in some thread here :D The keyboard i am the most interested in so far is the Ducky Shine 2 MX Blue so if you have any comments on that i'm interested.
CPU:Intel Core I7 2600K (Socket 1155) MOBO:Asus P8Z77-I DELUXE GPU:Asus Nvidia gtx 690 RAM:Corsair Vengeance 1600 MHz 8GB (Dual channel) SSD:Force 3 120GB HDD:Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Case:Bitfenix Prodigy PSU:Corsair Tx650 v2sound:Pro-Ject HeadBox II Headphones: Sennheiser hd650 Speakers: Dali Ikon 2 Microphone: Samson go mic Mouse: Logitech G700 Keyboard: Microsoft Sidewinder x4Mouse pad: steelseries Qck+ screens: Asus Ve247h x3|

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Hello Nerds
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 30 October 2012, 16:07:34 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Seems a few Swedish members recently :)

I have two Ducky Shine 1 with MX blues - both are fantastic.  A good solid board, good quality, nice backlighting (one has red LEDs one has green).  The only down side is that the original Ducky Shine does not remember backlighting settings across reboots, but this is apparently resolved with the Ducky Shine II.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ