Author Topic: Playing cards  (Read 9296 times)

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
Playing cards
« on: Fri, 23 August 2019, 15:42:56 »
I've been trying to find some plastic playing cards, similar to those that I had in the past when was a kid.
I remember that they were 100% plastic Piatnik cards. They were pretty thick, not like paper cards.

So I ordered Piatnik 100% plastic cards... and got what I think is incorrect set, Piatnik cards that feels like paper. It says plastic but doesnt look like.

I was wondering if any of you guys know anything about playing cards, could recommend me some really good plastic set.
Or maybe you know what I'm talking about when saying really thick cards.
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
Re: Playing cards
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 24 August 2019, 08:24:40 »
I've been trying to find some plastic playing cards, similar to those that I had in the past when was a kid.
I remember that they were 100% plastic Piatnik cards. They were pretty thick, not like paper cards.

So I ordered Piatnik 100% plastic cards... and got what I think is incorrect set, Piatnik cards that feels like paper. It says plastic but doesnt look like.

I was wondering if any of you guys know anything about playing cards, could recommend me some really good plastic set.
Or maybe you know what I'm talking about when saying really thick cards.

Hasbro and card playing companies have started making card games where you can play them in the pool!

Offline phinix

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 26 August 2019, 13:09:46 »
Anyway, I went with Copag 1546 100% Plastic Poker Playing Cards, Regular Index Black & Gold Backs Twin Pack.
Ordered today, should have it on Wednesday.

I taught my daughter how to play Remi, this is the reason why I need a good deck of cards now:)
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline phinix

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 28 August 2019, 04:37:23 »
Cards came in yesterday.
now, that's what I call good quality cards. Nice plastic box, 100% plastic cards, pretty thin, but firm enough, make shuffling very easy, I'm very happy with them.
Sent the incorrect ones back to Amazon.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 28 August 2019, 14:12:56 »
Good to know.  Plastic cards sounds great for poker night - no marking and no risk of beer spillage damaging them :))
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline phinix

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 28 August 2019, 14:49:20 »
Good to know.  Plastic cards sounds great for poker night - no marking and no risk of beer spillage damaging them :))

Yep, you can wash them etc
Shuffling is so easy, a lot better than paper cards. So smooth. I really recommend it.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 01 September 2019, 22:12:18 »
There's also carbon fibre playing cards which I think sound interesting.  Seen them listed on Drop a few times, like this.

A little on the expensive side, but waterproof and probably quite a conversation piece.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 02 September 2019, 00:22:03 »
I have a deck where each face card is a picture of a disturbing medical oddity. Like the King Of Hearts is the Elephant Man, the Ace Of Spades is some dude with elephantitus of the testicles, Queen of Diamonds are conjoined twins etc. It's one of my prized possessions.

Offline phinix

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 02 September 2019, 03:20:45 »
I have a deck where each face card is a picture of a disturbing medical oddity. Like the King Of Hearts is the Elephant Man, the Ace Of Spades is some dude with elephantitus of the testicles, Queen of Diamonds are conjoined twins etc. It's one of my prized possessions.

Well, it's... yyy... eeehh... hmm... brave of you, confessing to have one of these:)
I wouldn't be surprised if tp4 had one like that, but you NT?  ;D

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 02 September 2019, 03:32:18 »

Did you get them on staff discount from Walmart?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 02 September 2019, 04:38:12 »

nah, I just went to one of your family reunions and compiled the pictures into a custom deck of playing cards

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 02 September 2019, 05:13:25 »

nah, I just went to one of your family reunions and compiled the pictures into a custom deck of playing cards

.......... you making fun of ma yonger brother

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 06 September 2019, 13:28:35 »
The only EX card in my collection is Melloetta ..... I mean the black and white delux said it was guaranteed a EX in every pack so they're not wrong.....