Author Topic: [GB] Modern M0110 custom keyboard  (Read 270674 times)

Offline dwarflemur

Re: [GB] Modern M0110 custom keyboard
« Reply #400 on: Wed, 04 December 2019, 15:52:21 »
At this point it doesn't seem like constantly spamming the thread is doing much...
Camp C225 | Norbatouch | ALF X2 + X3 | Orange TKL | CA66 | Leaf 60 | a bunch of others

Offline PhishyStix

« Reply #401 on: Thu, 05 December 2019, 16:09:48 »
At this point it doesn't seem like constantly spamming the thread is doing much...

Probably not, but people are rightfully agitated that we seem to be actively ignored on a GB that's over a year delayed. What updates we do get are only a 4-5 day projection and then silence for over a month and a half at a time only for us to get an update that the 4-5 day projection hasn't even been met. We were assured (at least those of us with anodized boards) that it would move fast as soon as everything was engraved. Back in September he said that running the engraving should only take a few days, we then get a conflicting update a month later saying that he's going to do another 20 engravings the next day?! So it seems like that whenever we do get one of these rare updates, we can't even trust the accuracy of the projection. I don't think it would be ridiculous to want more transparency on whats going on with production. He really needs to just have a running counter that he posts weekly of; # of boards waiting to be engraved and # of boards waiting cerakote (no counter for anodizing since thats going to be run in one batch when all engraving is finished) and # of boards completed and shipped.

Offline Choobies

« Reply #402 on: Thu, 05 December 2019, 17:11:07 »

Probably not, but people are rightfully agitated that we seem to be actively ignored on a GB that's over a year delayed. What updates we do get are only a 4-5 day projection and then silence for over a month and a half at a time only for us to get an update that the 4-5 day projection hasn't even been met. We were assured (at least those of us with anodized boards) that it would move fast as soon as everything was engraved. Back in September he said that running the engraving should only take a few days, we then get a conflicting update a month later saying that he's going to do another 20 engravings the next day?! So it seems like that whenever we do get one of these rare updates, we can't even trust the accuracy of the projection. I don't think it would be ridiculous to want more transparency on whats going on with production. He really needs to just have a running counter that he posts weekly of; # of boards waiting to be engraved and # of boards waiting cerakote (no counter for anodizing since thats going to be run in one batch when all engraving is finished) and # of boards completed and shipped.

So..  spamming the thread helps with that?

Offline PhishyStix

« Reply #403 on: Thu, 05 December 2019, 17:55:21 »

So..  spamming the thread helps with that?

I mean, if you would read the very first sentence you would get your answer.

Offline Choobies

« Reply #404 on: Thu, 05 December 2019, 19:09:16 »
If your post ended after the first clause, it would have made sense.  Why is there a "but" required?

Offline otanishock

• One of the cool kids :>
  • ファーストラブ
« Reply #405 on: Fri, 06 December 2019, 07:43:54 »
If your post ended after the first clause, it would have made sense.  Why is there a "but" required?
Hes just venting his frustration... Quite don't see the huge issue over doing that...

Offline USER9127

« Reply #406 on: Fri, 06 December 2019, 08:32:13 »
I too, am disappointed with the transparency of this GB. Frankly, I don't even think it is necessary to continue to post to the thread - Just a public displayed google Sheets link that he uses for his own tracking, which allows us to check progress as he goes. It requires next to no extra effort, but we would have pretty much instant transparency as things get completed.

I personally do not think there is a scam or subterfuge going on here - However, I AM very concerned over documentation and tracking of progress. In my job (IT consultant) if there is a lack of clarity into a metric or into a person's progress on development, it usually means one of two things: they do not have adequate documentation set up for themselves (IE, they have no idea where they are) or two, they are much farther behind than stated and are avoiding the music, as it were. Usually, when adequate progress is being made, it is made obvious - No one likes to be scrutinized.

It reminds me a bit of the Purism Librem 5 project - while it is moving forward, the lack of clarity is due to extremely bad forecasting of time it takes to complete a particular task. Classic Over promise, under deliver.

Offline your_fish_monger

« Reply #407 on: Sat, 07 December 2019, 06:29:55 »
Significant post made by /u/janglad over at Reddit about the problems and current status.

Link: https://reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/e6ztih/what_do_you_as_a_buyer_in_a_mismanaged_group_buy/f9xzreo

Post text:

I guess it’s more than time to make a public statement about this. I, perhaps foolishly, avoided this in the past in an effort to prevent unnecessary confusion and drama.

Context
For context let me give a little backstory, it was well over 2 years ago that I saw this post by John / Heroyjenkins / Deskcandy. Since I'm quite the fan of Apple design I was very interested in this project. I noticed though that the CAD design shown off was quite lacking and figured I could help with that. I reached out to John asking if he'd be interested in partnering up and he was! So I got to work and started to work on what is now Modern M0110. From early on the division of labour was pretty clear, I'd be handling CAD design, rendering, marketing and such and John would be handling factory contacts, manufacturing, orders and logistics. There definitely was some overlap here with John making some adjustments in the CAD file or me reaching out to proxies but still, 99% of work was divided this way since it just made most sense based on our skill sets.

Factories
After we finished the CAD work we got our first prototypes made at a factory in China. Their communication was pretty good (I was on CC in email and also spoke to them) but the prototypes did have some issues. We worked with them to try and fix them for production but then we had a seemingly better idea, make everything in the US. This seemed like the way to go since we were under the impression this would make QC easier, would mean less hassle when communicating, ... . In retrospect this obviously wasn't the case.
(As a side note, a couple weeks after receiving my M0110 prototype I requested a quote from the original China factory for another project. I received a reply to this over one year later basically saying "We had some troubles at management so sorry for the late reply, here's your quote please still work with us". Seems like we also dodged quite the bullet by not going with them...)

Either way back to the US side of things. John found a CNC and Cerakote shop local to him which seemed like great options. We started working on a prototype. This was eventually sent to Manofinterests for review. There were some obvious issues with the finishing there some of which I noticed in pictures sent before. These were going to be fixed in the production run though so I agreed and we started working on the GB.

GB/manufacturing
The GB ended up being a great success with ~150 units sold, at this time I was still very confident in the CNC and cerakote shop chosen so I didn't view the extra volume as an issue. Soon though this began to change. The CNC shop had all kind of delays, from him losing his CAD license to the electricity going out and other weird issues. This set back the GB a long time already, but in the end they did deliver and all cases have been CNCd for months now. Then arrived the biggest issue, Cerakote.

There were all kind of issues from it not sticking properly to unevenness and more. Biggest issue is though that seemingly almost none are being made. After all these Cerakote issues on the prototype I specifically asked multiple times for me to get a sample before the production began so I could check out the quality. To this day I have not received this, the only MM0110 I have is the original China prototype from 2 years ago. I think I have seen 3 posts of people receiving their MM0110 here on Reddit or on Geekhack, but sadly they seem to have many of the same issues with the coating that Manofinterest's board had all that time ago.
Issue is, I don't have any contact info for the factories. I never was in contact with the CNC shop or the Cerakote shop used for the GB. This is in hindsight a big, big, big mistake caused by overconfidence combined with the "division of labour" I talked about before. From the brief contact I've had with DK lately it seems like the CNC guy also messed up by running his machines to quickly resulting in deep machine marks which makes coating harder.

I want to make it completely clear that I'm not trying to shift blame here. I made big mistakes by being too naive in factories and in general, this is a mistake I have not and will not make again. I also wholeheartedly do not believe there were any bad intentions here from Deskcandy's side. He was just as excited and passionate as me to get these boards to you but things obviously went south. Getting this all fixed must take a lot of time and energy especially combined with a demanding day job. I think that just like me he figured this'd all be a lot easier and wasn't prepared for the borderline chaos that'd be production.

In the end this situation is not fun for anyone. It's not for for buyers for obvious reasons, it's not fun for me to have this product that I can't be proud of at all and it's not fun for John since I know this has also caused a lot of stress and frustration for him.

I realise this might not be the reply people are looking for since it's more of a story than an update on current affairs but frankly I also have very little idea on how production is going at the moment and felt it might be worthwhile to give some more context on this. I truly am very very sorry for how this all is going and I hope more units will be properly finished and shipped out soon. I reached out to John over Discord again to ask how all production is going and will update once I have more info.

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #408 on: Sat, 07 December 2019, 06:31:37 »
Significant post made by /u/janglad over at Reddit about the problems and current status.

Link: https://reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/e6ztih/what_do_you_as_a_buyer_in_a_mismanaged_group_buy/f9xzreo

Post text:

I guess it’s more than time to make a public statement about this. I, perhaps foolishly, avoided this in the past in an effort to prevent unnecessary confusion and drama.

Context
For context let me give a little backstory, it was well over 2 years ago that I saw this post by John / Heroyjenkins / Deskcandy. Since I'm quite the fan of Apple design I was very interested in this project. I noticed though that the CAD design shown off was quite lacking and figured I could help with that. I reached out to John asking if he'd be interested in partnering up and he was! So I got to work and started to work on what is now Modern M0110. From early on the division of labour was pretty clear, I'd be handling CAD design, rendering, marketing and such and John would be handling factory contacts, manufacturing, orders and logistics. There definitely was some overlap here with John making some adjustments in the CAD file or me reaching out to proxies but still, 99% of work was divided this way since it just made most sense based on our skill sets.

Factories
After we finished the CAD work we got our first prototypes made at a factory in China. Their communication was pretty good (I was on CC in email and also spoke to them) but the prototypes did have some issues. We worked with them to try and fix them for production but then we had a seemingly better idea, make everything in the US. This seemed like the way to go since we were under the impression this would make QC easier, would mean less hassle when communicating, ... . In retrospect this obviously wasn't the case.
(As a side note, a couple weeks after receiving my M0110 prototype I requested a quote from the original China factory for another project. I received a reply to this over one year later basically saying "We had some troubles at management so sorry for the late reply, here's your quote please still work with us". Seems like we also dodged quite the bullet by not going with them...)

Either way back to the US side of things. John found a CNC and Cerakote shop local to him which seemed like great options. We started working on a prototype. This was eventually sent to Manofinterests for review. There were some obvious issues with the finishing there some of which I noticed in pictures sent before. These were going to be fixed in the production run though so I agreed and we started working on the GB.

GB/manufacturing
The GB ended up being a great success with ~150 units sold, at this time I was still very confident in the CNC and cerakote shop chosen so I didn't view the extra volume as an issue. Soon though this began to change. The CNC shop had all kind of delays, from him losing his CAD license to the electricity going out and other weird issues. This set back the GB a long time already, but in the end they did deliver and all cases have been CNCd for months now. Then arrived the biggest issue, Cerakote.

There were all kind of issues from it not sticking properly to unevenness and more. Biggest issue is though that seemingly almost none are being made. After all these Cerakote issues on the prototype I specifically asked multiple times for me to get a sample before the production began so I could check out the quality. To this day I have not received this, the only MM0110 I have is the original China prototype from 2 years ago. I think I have seen 3 posts of people receiving their MM0110 here on Reddit or on Geekhack, but sadly they seem to have many of the same issues with the coating that Manofinterest's board had all that time ago.
Issue is, I don't have any contact info for the factories. I never was in contact with the CNC shop or the Cerakote shop used for the GB. This is in hindsight a big, big, big mistake caused by overconfidence combined with the "division of labour" I talked about before. From the brief contact I've had with DK lately it seems like the CNC guy also messed up by running his machines to quickly resulting in deep machine marks which makes coating harder.

I want to make it completely clear that I'm not trying to shift blame here. I made big mistakes by being too naive in factories and in general, this is a mistake I have not and will not make again. I also wholeheartedly do not believe there were any bad intentions here from Deskcandy's side. He was just as excited and passionate as me to get these boards to you but things obviously went south. Getting this all fixed must take a lot of time and energy especially combined with a demanding day job. I think that just like me he figured this'd all be a lot easier and wasn't prepared for the borderline chaos that'd be production.

In the end this situation is not fun for anyone. It's not for for buyers for obvious reasons, it's not fun for me to have this product that I can't be proud of at all and it's not fun for John since I know this has also caused a lot of stress and frustration for him.

I realise this might not be the reply people are looking for since it's more of a story than an update on current affairs but frankly I also have very little idea on how production is going at the moment and felt it might be worthwhile to give some more context on this. I truly am very very sorry for how this all is going and I hope more units will be properly finished and shipped out soon. I reached out to John over Discord again to ask how all production is going and will update once I have more info.

Also wanted to post this here so thanks. Like I said I realise this is more a story than a satisfying response on the current status of the board but I figured this might help explain some of the issues going on right now. Again I'm super sorry for how this all is going and truly hope this all gets resolved in the end, as delayed as that might be.

Offline crowKAKAWWW

« Reply #409 on: Sat, 07 December 2019, 16:01:36 »
While it's great to finally hear from you guys, it's ridiculous that being called out on Reddit gets a response from not one, but BOTH of you guys in the same day. Not only that, but literally everything we've asked for was communicated clearly in your Reddit posts.

Apparently the people that are actually in the GB that have vested a lot trust in you matter less than protecting your reputation on Reddit?  :confused:
RAMA M60A
KBDFans Frosted Tofu
Cannon Keys Satisfaction 75
Desk Candy Modern M0110
---
ALF x Scott G60

Offline your_fish_monger

« Reply #410 on: Sat, 07 December 2019, 16:12:56 »
As mentioned just above, Desk Candy made an update on Reddit as well.

Link: https://old.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/e6ztih/what_do_you_as_a_buyer_in_a_mismanaged_group_buy/f9zqf9y/

Post text:

The plan hasn't changed and I'll send out updates later since there is obviously frustration around transparency in the current plan of this group buy. Here's a quick TL;DR:

* As of ~3 weeks ago, all laser engraving is completed. This was one of the ****tiest aspects of the group buy for me since I had multiple vendors drop out of their commitment to do laser engraving for me, and in the end I rented a laser engraver for 2 weeks and did all the laser engravings and cleaning up all the custom files myself. This was roughly a 50-60 hour effort on my side and I barely got any sleep or spent any time at home for 2 weeks, but at least it's done now :) There were close to 200 engravings, each taking close to 20 minutes not including time to prep the files and the machine. I took video and posted on instagram a few weeks ago if you're curious about what that looked like

* [Anodizing] All units have been dropped off at the anodizer ~3 weeks ago. I just got pictures last week of sandblasting after the engraving and it turned out great with high contrast. I was worried about losing definition in the engraving depth and had to eyeball the depth somewhat (it's actually a bit more of an art than purely a science to dial in settings of a fiber laser on various media) but we're OK there, so that's an important milestone to have reached. I was also waiting for color matching grey to the original sample everyone loved at the NorCal meetup 2017 and also got that back. I will be visiting the anodizing vendor early next week to QC the first silver and first gray unit before approving the rest of production.

* [Cerakote] My Cerakote vendor stopped responding to all my texts and calls for the last month but just resurfaced and I'm supposed to pick up another 20-30 units from him today. I generally am giving him new units to Cerakote in order of order time, so generally folks who ordered earlier will receive earlier but I can't really promise - it's too much to manager to do things exactly in a certain order.

I know you're super frustrated and I am too honestly but I feel a deep sense of commitment to making sure these keyboards actually get in your hands. I have had to pay for space to store everything while blocked on my vendors and I am going to lose money in this GB because of 1) having to run extra samples, 2) pay for storage longer than I expected, 3) vendors charging me way more than their original quotes, and 4) spending way more of my time (e.g., doing all laser engravings myself), and 5) broken taps because I've had to retap holes in the tops after Cerakote and it's pretty expensive and complicated to extract those back out.

Happy to answer any other questions you have here and I'll shoot out an update with essentially this content to everyone in the GB (over email and geekhack) later today (w/ pics of the anodized and engraved units). Thanks.

Offline deskcandy

• Keyboards your way.
    • Desk Candy
« Reply #411 on: Sat, 07 December 2019, 17:22:03 »
Hey guys, sorry about lack of updates. All of the keyboards as of today are now engraved and with all the surface finishing vendors, so besides a more unengraved boards for me to pack and ship out, there isn't anything I can really do until my vendors are done with their work. The anodizing vendor is a pretty big and professional business (they've been around since the 90s and have a solid track record) and I expect them to be close to their time estimate of ~3 weeks but I have to QC the custom gray color before I let them finish everything. That sample just came in end of last week.

Cerakote is a wild card because my vendor is a small shop and they do small batches, so I'll try to manage the situation best I can and pack orders as they're ready.

If you want to see photos of the engravings, feel free to check out our Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/deskcandy.xyz/

Offline deskcandy

• Keyboards your way.
    • Desk Candy
« Reply #412 on: Sat, 07 December 2019, 17:31:06 »
Here is sort of an update:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B4GeJmOAAEd/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Wow. How profoundly disappointing after the renders promised this recessed/bossed type:

(Attachment Link)

This is what they look like in their final form (not a render). I don't have the proper tools to measure the exact depth but it is more than noticeable. The original picture was made by a non-laser engraver and I couldn't replicate the exact font which was used initially here.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #413 on: Sat, 07 December 2019, 18:35:29 »
Thanks for the update.  Engraving looks nice to me.  So, it sounds like about another month for the manufacturer and a few weeks for you to get things out, right?  So late Jan early Feb perhaps?

Offline dantambok

« Reply #414 on: Sat, 07 December 2019, 19:26:06 »
well, i have to say that the engraving looks mighty fine  :thumb:
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

Coming --   Lynx50 (wixx scammed us) / Ladybird60 / JJW Derivative / TGR Shi

100+ GMK sets

Offline Fredington

• Instagram
« Reply #415 on: Sat, 07 December 2019, 20:05:01 »
Thanks for the update.  Engraving looks nice to me.  So, it sounds like about another month for the manufacturer and a few weeks for you to get things out, right?  So late Jan early Feb perhaps?

Doubt he's going to quote a time frame.

Offline dwarflemur

« Reply #416 on: Sun, 08 December 2019, 18:17:14 »
Hey thanks for the update, it's appreciated
Camp C225 | Norbatouch | ALF X2 + X3 | Orange TKL | CA66 | Leaf 60 | a bunch of others

Offline Rayndalf

« Reply #417 on: Sun, 08 December 2019, 18:18:34 »
I like the '2018' on the engraving considering some of them will probably be engraved in 2020

Offline ibabo

• yeaaaaaaahh
« Reply #418 on: Sun, 08 December 2019, 20:38:41 »
I like the '2018' on the engraving considering some of them will probably be engraved in 2020
engraving is finished on all units afaik
ahaaaa, keyboard. HOVA

Offline deskcandy

• Keyboards your way.
    • Desk Candy
« Reply #419 on: Thu, 12 December 2019, 01:35:03 »
Quick update / proof of life. I am trying to set targets and goals with my Cerakote vendor to get him to move more quickly. We are right now at approx 20% complete on Cerakote and I'm visiting the anodizing vendor Friday morning to review samples and approve rest of production. Fingers crossed no issues there and at least anodizing can wrap up soon.

And yes to confirm the above comment, engraving is done!

Offline Perfex

« Reply #420 on: Thu, 12 December 2019, 02:27:33 »
Thank you for the update :)

Offline ibabo

• yeaaaaaaahh
« Reply #421 on: Thu, 12 December 2019, 21:31:40 »
Thank you john!
ahaaaa, keyboard. HOVA

Offline biothermal

• Art
« Reply #422 on: Wed, 18 December 2019, 07:27:10 »
So DeskCandy, any news with anodizing? Were the samples approved last Friday?

Offline ringzero

« Reply #423 on: Sun, 22 December 2019, 21:23:16 »
Love the way engraving turned out, moreso than the render!

Offline ibabo

• yeaaaaaaahh
« Reply #424 on: Wed, 01 January 2020, 00:30:16 »
Updates?
ahaaaa, keyboard. HOVA

Offline ThomasTH

« Reply #425 on: Wed, 01 January 2020, 00:46:13 »
Updates?
yeah how's the cerakoting going... the engraving was kinda a joke, we opted out to get our stuff earlier. now we still wait but got no engraving... and no refund either.... borderline s...

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline your_fish_monger

« Reply #426 on: Fri, 03 January 2020, 13:21:42 »
Hey guys, sorry about lack of updates. All of the keyboards as of today are now engraved and with all the surface finishing vendors, so besides a more unengraved boards for me to pack and ship out, there isn't anything I can really do until my vendors are done with their work. The anodizing vendor is a pretty big and professional business (they've been around since the 90s and have a solid track record) and I expect them to be close to their time estimate of ~3 weeks but I have to QC the custom gray color before I let them finish everything. That sample just came in end of last week.

Cerakote is a wild card because my vendor is a small shop and they do small batches, so I'll try to manage the situation best I can and pack orders as they're ready.

If you want to see photos of the engravings, feel free to check out our Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/deskcandy.xyz/

This was about a month ago. You expected the anodizing to take three weeks. Can you please provide us updates here?

Offline dwarflemur

« Reply #427 on: Fri, 03 January 2020, 14:31:12 »

This was about a month ago. You expected the anodizing to take three weeks. Can you please provide us updates here?

"around three weeks, after I QC one of the colors" probably means at least a month, if not month and a half, and then considering that this is going on in the US the vendors were probably closed/not working full weeks this week and last.

Offline deskcandy

• Keyboards your way.
    • Desk Candy
« Reply #428 on: Sun, 05 January 2020, 17:23:43 »
Hello everyone, happy new year!

I inspected the grey anodizing color before Christmas, and the color was a bit too dark and does not match the original sample shown at Norcal meetup as you can see in the pictures. I've asked the anodizer to get a more exact match and they sent out the bottom half of the Norcal sample out to a lab to match the color better and that will add some time. Otherwise, here's a pic of a silver anodized production sample and the silver units should be completed in 1-2 weeks.

In the meantime, I'm still working on shipping on nonengraved boards and it's a time consuming process. Re-tapping all the holes for one of them today took me 1.5 hours let alone the time to actually pack the order without smudging the Cerakote so it will be a slow rolling process to get these out the door.

Thanks again for your patience and enjoy the pics.

John

Offline dantambok

« Reply #429 on: Sun, 05 January 2020, 19:26:33 »
thanks for the update John. Are all cerakoted boards done?
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

100+ GMK sets

Offline deskcandy

• Keyboards your way.
    • Desk Candy
« Reply #430 on: Sun, 05 January 2020, 19:29:40 »
thanks for the update John. Are all cerakoted boards done?

No - I am still waiting for a few unengraved ones and have not received any engraved units from the vendor yet. He said right before the holidays he had to completely reorganize the backlog of keyboards I left for him ~1 month ago. I will be following up to push him as much as I can.

Offline deskcandy

• Keyboards your way.
    • Desk Candy
« Reply #431 on: Sun, 05 January 2020, 19:30:14 »
Unfortunately this includes the remake I requested of your keyboard since it didn't come out OK at all the first time :(

Offline dantambok

« Reply #432 on: Sun, 05 January 2020, 19:31:28 »
Unfortunately this includes the remake I requested of your keyboard since it didn't come out OK at all the first time :(

Welp. No worries, thank you!  :thumb:
Stuff  I have
More

100+ GMK sets

Offline biothermal

• Art
« Reply #433 on: Sun, 05 January 2020, 20:13:51 »

Thanks again for your patience and enjoy the pics.

Happy New Year! Very much appreciate pine cone pic. Thanks. Also excited to see the process continuing to move along, updates always appreciated.

Offline ThomasTH

« Reply #434 on: Mon, 06 January 2020, 03:20:17 »
Thanks for the update john, but why is there not a single picture of the cerakote boards??

Offline deskcandy

• Keyboards your way.
    • Desk Candy
« Reply #435 on: Tue, 07 January 2020, 23:30:50 »
Most of the Cerakote keyboards I have right now are light sand and have already posted several pictures of these. I have some of the custom colors unengraved as well ready to tap (zombie green, titanium blue) and thought I had already snapped photos of them for here but I'll check.

Offline ThomasTH

« Reply #436 on: Wed, 08 January 2020, 00:12:15 »
thanks bud the zombie green is mine if it was only 1 order, would love to finally see it

Offline deskcandy

• Keyboards your way.
    • Desk Candy
« Reply #437 on: Wed, 08 January 2020, 00:14:18 »
Yes it actually looks really great! Will try to post a photo soon...I have learned with the lighter Cerakote colors I have to be very careful about handling them and use gloves to avoid smudging. When I can clear a clean space I will bring it out for pictures and tapping to prep for shipment. It is a great color and I am excited to get it into your hands asap.

Offline eyedrop

« Reply #438 on: Wed, 08 January 2020, 00:17:04 »
John, would you happen to have the stormtrooper white engraved done?  Just curious.

Offline deskcandy

• Keyboards your way.
    • Desk Candy
« Reply #439 on: Wed, 08 January 2020, 00:27:46 »
There are multiple engraved white stormtrooper keyboards, and sadly none of them are done yet. All of them are engraved though and awaiting cerakote at the vendor.

Offline lukelex

« Reply #440 on: Wed, 08 January 2020, 01:15:16 »
Yes it actually looks really great! Will try to post a photo soon...I have learned with the lighter Cerakote colors I have to be very careful about handling them and use gloves to avoid smudging. When I can clear a clean space I will bring it out for pictures and tapping to prep for shipment. It is a great color and I am excited to get it into your hands asap.
Question time: Why not get some of these out now?

That would help ease our minds. Even if it's just a handful.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Offline Warrenified

« Reply #441 on: Tue, 14 January 2020, 01:09:03 »
I've joined for a silver one. Can't wait for it to ship! When you previously mentioned that they should be completed in 1-2 weeks, does that mean they would ship shortly after?

Offline zxcvbn

« Reply #442 on: Tue, 14 January 2020, 19:21:25 »
Received mine!
« Last Edit: Tue, 14 January 2020, 19:33:21 by zxcvbn »

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #444 on: Wed, 15 January 2020, 09:16:15 »
Received mine!

That's pretty exciting.  Any initial reactions to quality, finish, packaging, etc.??

Offline Merked

« Reply #445 on: Sun, 26 January 2020, 13:09:35 »
Interested in buying a spot from whomever. Open to Grey Ano & Sand/Beige cerakote orders. PM me

Offline Dafraz117

« Reply #446 on: Tue, 28 January 2020, 05:40:08 »
Love it looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline your_fish_monger

« Reply #447 on: Tue, 28 January 2020, 12:58:46 »
John, can we please get an update? In early December, you committed to updates "every week or two." Curious mainly on (1) how many boards have gone out since your last update, (2) next steps on the boards that haven't gone out yet, and (3) ideally, some sense of how many may ship in the next two weeks.

You committed to transparency. In a GB that has gone off the rails this much, it's the least you can deliver for all of us at this point.

Offline crowKAKAWWW

« Reply #448 on: Tue, 28 January 2020, 13:40:15 »
John, can we please get an update? In early December, you committed to updates "every week or two." Curious mainly on (1) how many boards have gone out since your last update, (2) next steps on the boards that haven't gone out yet, and (3) ideally, some sense of how many may ship in the next two weeks.

You committed to transparency. In a GB that has gone off the rails this much, it's the least you can deliver for all of us at this point.

+1
RAMA M60A
KBDFans Frosted Tofu
Cannon Keys Satisfaction 75
Desk Candy Modern M0110
---
ALF x Scott G60

Offline deskcandy

• Keyboards your way.
    • Desk Candy
« Reply #449 on: Thu, 30 January 2020, 00:35:42 »
Hey folks, hopefully good news here. Anodizing for the clear color is finished, and we have approved the final color sample for the grey anodized units! We are QC'ing each clear anodized unit and will have to redo a handful of them but hoping there will not be a long turnaround for them to get fixed. Here are some pictures for you. Grey units should be done in ~3 weeks and then we'll be done with production on all anodized units.

Unfortunately on the Cerakote side I haven't been getting any progress from the vendor. He said he has a batch of 40 in progress but don't have a clear timeline on when they will be done.

In the meantime, we'll keep working on shipping out orders as they are completed, so please keep on the lookout for address and order confirmation emails from us.