Author Topic: [GB] Lightsaver V3 Kustom Keyboard - All Shipped!  (Read 220923 times)

Offline yookwh

Re: [GB] Lightsaver V3 Kustom Keyboard
« Reply #200 on: Mon, 15 May 2017, 17:32:33 »
MRW people can't read the first page

Offline q1w2e3r4t5z

« Reply #201 on: Mon, 15 May 2017, 17:34:16 »
Let's see for dem 11 degrees... Pretty excited how they will feel IRL

Offline BlackInk

• "Manners maketh man"
    • TeamGSB
« Reply #202 on: Mon, 15 May 2017, 17:34:30 »
@Elton

Hi, i've send you a message about mistake on my username, i forgot that i've changed my username couple weeks ago and filled out the form with my old username, could you please fix that for me

Thanks

Offline eyedrop

« Reply #203 on: Mon, 15 May 2017, 17:35:06 »
Can't believe I made it.  My fingers were shaking and sweating as I am typing.  #11 woot!

I wonder if it makes a difference that I zoom in on the browser window so I didn't have to scroll to fill out the form.

My first Duck board.    ;D

Offline eyedrop

« Reply #204 on: Mon, 15 May 2017, 17:36:40 »
I put in an extra PCB + Plate by accident. Do we have an opportunity to remove this?

Don't remove it from your order.  There are definitely others in this thread that would be interested in just the plate and PCB alone without having to buy the board.

Offline q1w2e3r4t5z

« Reply #205 on: Mon, 15 May 2017, 17:37:00 »
Well, 00:37 now here - time for sleep :)

Offline Aox

« Reply #206 on: Mon, 15 May 2017, 17:40:32 »
Well, 00:37 now here - time for sleep :)

Schlafen sie gut!

Offline MandrewDavis

• Chasin' That Neon Rainbow
« Reply #207 on: Mon, 15 May 2017, 17:40:55 »
Now that I've made a decision (alu) can anyone explain to me the difference in plate materials?

Previous versions of LightSavers are tray mount, where the PCB is screwed into the base so they were essentially a PCB mounted keyboard with the plate aligning everything. The difference in materials is mostly be for looks and sound. You could even go plateless with PCB mount switches.

The LSV3 is top mount.

The plate is be mounted to the case, leaving the PCB suspended by the switches. This is where materials matter. Acrylic that is a uniform 1.5mm thickness is unsuitable, polycarb and aluminum are more forgiving, while steel is going to be stiffer and have more ping. Most people agree that steel would be best for linear switches but may be too harsh for switches with sharper tactility like MX clears, MOD and Zealios. Its preference.

EDIT: Sorry for the initial inaccuracy
« Last Edit: Tue, 16 May 2017, 21:19:23 by MandrewDavis »
I've come to view humanity as predominantly monkey business.

My Classifieds Thread

Offline laughatpain

« Reply #208 on: Mon, 15 May 2017, 17:48:50 »
Now that I've made a decision (alu) can anyone explain to me the difference in plate materials?

The LightSaver's PCB is screwed into the base so this is essentially a PCB mounted keyboard with the plate aligning everything. The difference in materials will mostly be for looks and sound. You could even go plateless with PCB mount switches.

In other keyboards the plate may be mounted to the case, leaving the PCB suspended by the switches. This is where materials matter. Acrylic or polycarb that is a uniform 1.5mm thickness is unsuitable, aluminum is more forgiving and steel is going to be stiffer and have more ping. Most people agree that steel would be best for linear switches but may be too harsh for switches with sharper tactility like MX clears, MOD and Zealios. Its preference.

Any color options on the aluminum plate?

Not really sure what you're trying to say here when you say the PCB is screwed into the base vs the plate mounted to the case. Common mounting references are tray mount (Pok3r style), top mount (like many customs), and bottom mount (TX87). The Lightsaver looks to be top mount, like many boards produced in Korea and by duck.

Just trying to clarify some terminology.

Offline Petch

« Reply #209 on: Mon, 15 May 2017, 17:51:40 »
Typing experience comparison for SS plate vs aluminium (tray mount)?

Offline IAmPyhrra

« Reply #210 on: Mon, 15 May 2017, 17:54:40 »
Got an extra pcb + SS plate. Please pm me if you want it, I will be selling it for same price + shipping.

Edit: sold
« Last Edit: Tue, 16 May 2017, 00:44:20 by IAmPyhrra »

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #211 on: Mon, 15 May 2017, 17:57:59 »
Thanks a lot elton! Looking forward to build this beauty :)

Offline thad

« Reply #212 on: Mon, 15 May 2017, 17:58:55 »
F yeah! I made it.  First real custom.

Offline MandrewDavis

« Reply #213 on: Mon, 15 May 2017, 18:20:24 »
More
The LightSaver's PCB is screwed into the base so this is essentially a PCB mounted keyboard with the plate aligning everything. The difference in materials will mostly be for looks and sound. You could even go plateless with PCB mount switches.

In other keyboards the plate may be mounted to the case, leaving the PCB suspended by the switches. This is where materials matter. Acrylic or polycarb that is a uniform 1.5mm thickness is unsuitable, aluminum is more forgiving and steel is going to be stiffer and have more ping. Most people agree that steel would be best for linear switches but may be too harsh for switches with sharper tactility like MX clears, MOD and Zealios. Its preference.

Not really sure what you're trying to say here when you say the PCB is screwed into the base vs the plate mounted to the case. Common mounting references are tray mount (Pok3r style), top mount (like many customs), and bottom mount (TX87). The Lightsaver looks to be top mount, like many boards produced in Korea and by duck.

Yeah IDK, Edited.

I got in on this GB but am now realizing I don't now the full details of this iteration. There isn't an exploded view of the construction like in the Viper/Eagle thread, just assumed it was the same idea as the previous versions. If its not tray mounted, I wonder how the plastic plate will work. Maybe milled polycarb, hopefully Elton can clarify for us?
« Last Edit: Tue, 16 May 2017, 21:20:41 by MandrewDavis »

My Classifieds Thread

Offline KetchyKech

• ∴∵∴◇❖◇∴∵∴
« Reply #214 on: Mon, 15 May 2017, 18:34:43 »
Had a client walk in 10 min b4 it opened, #133 . Rip.  :'(
∴∵∴◇Time TKL--VE.A--F&T 1916--Cajal--Octagon v2◇∴∵∴

Offline _BlueNote_

« Reply #215 on: Mon, 15 May 2017, 18:39:49 »
#101 I think I'm gonna be sick

Offline laughatpain

« Reply #216 on: Mon, 15 May 2017, 18:44:32 »
More

Yeah IDK, Edited.

I got in on this GB but am now realizing I don't now the full details of this iteration. There isn't an exploded view of the construction like in the Viper/Eagle thread, just assumed it was the same idea as the previous versions. If its not tray mounted, I wonder how the plastic plate will work. Maybe milled polycarb, hopefully Elton can clarify for us?

If you look at the pictures elton posted from duck's website, you can see where the plate would mount, specifically the 8 slots for the plate to screw into the top of the case. Plastic will work the same way, its either poly carb or acrylic, but I've seen plates made from both.

Offline jenggo

« Reply #217 on: Mon, 15 May 2017, 18:47:35 »
Damn i missed!!!!
 :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Filcos | JD40 | Planck | FJELL | Jetfire | Weaven | GON 60 | BWU | DasKeyboard | PokerII | Strafe | Octagon v2 | TX 1800 | TXCP | Realforce 104UB | KMAC 1 | TXPad | DC60 | Ergos

Offline Atredl

« Reply #218 on: Mon, 15 May 2017, 18:47:53 »
Apparently I entered that I'm from the great country of USC :)) I'll need to update this lol

Offline SundayPunch

« Reply #219 on: Mon, 15 May 2017, 19:03:30 »
One of three V3 Lightsavers in Australia. How's that exclusivity haha.

Offline ihalatch

« Reply #220 on: Mon, 15 May 2017, 19:51:13 »
Congratulations to all lucky people that got one. I slept in :( I was also late for work. Not only that but it's my birthday. How unlucky I am! Maybe next year :)

Offline bdk86

« Reply #221 on: Mon, 15 May 2017, 20:27:52 »
150 sets. Please :(

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #222 on: Mon, 15 May 2017, 20:35:16 »
Damn, that was fast, right at 18:15 ET. At least I tried!

Offline MandrewDavis

« Reply #223 on: Mon, 15 May 2017, 21:31:33 »
Just got a response in the case anyone else was wondering.

The construction will be exactly like Viper/Eagle V2.

No anodized alum. plate (colors) available.

It (plastic plate) will be clear polycarbonate.

My Classifieds Thread

Offline onlinelife

« Reply #224 on: Mon, 15 May 2017, 21:58:34 »
Anyone  happen to know if Holtite sockets fit on the pcb?

Offline boo

« Reply #225 on: Mon, 15 May 2017, 22:27:08 »
first 100 orders in 91 seconds. HOT DAMN.

Offline BlackInk

• "Manners maketh man"
    • TeamGSB
« Reply #226 on: Mon, 15 May 2017, 22:50:41 »
I've asked Elton be he said he's not sure, you could email Duck and ask them, post the answer on here once you got it. I would like to know too

Does anyone knows what will come after LV v3? Duck Orion or Octagon or Black Bird?
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 May 2017, 23:02:20 by BlackInk »

Offline eyedrop

« Reply #227 on: Mon, 15 May 2017, 23:18:57 »
Elton,

Is your email duckustomkeyboards or duckcustomkeyboards?  Your OP doesn't have a "c" for custom.  Just making sure.

Offline boo

« Reply #228 on: Mon, 15 May 2017, 23:27:54 »
Elton,

Is your email duckustomkeyboards or duckcustomkeyboards?  Your OP doesn't have a "c" for custom.  Just making sure.

Elton is just the organizer and from Canada. Duck is the designer and maker of the keyboard and he's from Korea. Two separate people. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Perfex

« Reply #229 on: Mon, 15 May 2017, 23:28:19 »
Elton,

duckustomkeyboards

Offline laughatpain

« Reply #230 on: Mon, 15 May 2017, 23:30:58 »

Here's a running spreadsheet with tested pcbs. I wouldnt think duck would design the pcb holes to have different size between different boards so, you can just go off of the Blackbird test.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K1qt70E2mcuaHBXYrpPHXlpl7FNaXLo0u_TOe67cVdY/pubhtml?gid=986897710&single=true

Offline megaforce

« Reply #231 on: Mon, 15 May 2017, 23:50:10 »
i love lamp
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline onlinelife

« Reply #232 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 00:56:01 »
I've asked Elton be he said he's not sure, you could email Duck and ask them, post the answer on here once you got it. I would like to know too

Does anyone knows what will come after LV v3? Duck Orion or Octagon or Black Bird?

Yeah I'll see if I can get some more info. I've done some googling and black bird v1 fits holtite sockset but octagon v2 doesn't.

Offline MandrewDavis

« Reply #233 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 01:26:23 »

Yeah I'll see if I can get some more info. I've done some googling and black bird v1 fits holtite sockset but octagon v2 doesn't.

I just checked out the spreadsheet and it says the holtites don't fit on the Octagon V2 pcb, but it says measured not verified. The link has a picture of someone with a $120 set of calipers that is using them completely wrong. To measure gaps, they should be using the other end. Dumbest thing I have seen all day→
More

Using digital calipers, I measured the switch holes of my VE.A PCB where holtites sit perfect and they are 1.44-1.46 mm in diameter. The switch hole diameter of my extra ZZ96 PCB is right at 1.60mm and they fall through. Switching to the LightSaver for this very reason, having them on the VE.A really spoiled me.

Holtites work on the Octagon V2
« Last Edit: Tue, 16 May 2017, 01:32:07 by MandrewDavis »

My Classifieds Thread

Offline mrboovn

« Reply #234 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 02:42:51 »
Wow the hype is real.Congrats all the winners  :thumb:
OTD 356 mini- 360c-456GT-356CL DGE-DK Saver(ALPS Green) | Duck Eagle V1+V2-Viper V1+V2-Poker-Pad-Orion V2-Octagon V2-Lightsaver V2-Kingsaver | KMAC Happy(60%)-Happy HHKB |LZ GH -LZ MX Mini | 2x TGR-CE-2x TGR 910 | TX CP | Dolphin V2-GH Edition|EM7 GH|ENVKX|M5-92|E8-V1|Exent|Matrix Abel|VNMK MX-Mini | Cherry G80-5000HAMRB |Realforce 108UW Hi Pro-45g 55UW-HHKB
Octagon v2-LSV v2-KMAC 1.2-Blackbird

https://www.flickr.com/gp/97473780@N08/10mLE5

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #235 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 04:30:49 »

I just checked out the spreadsheet and it says the holtites don't fit on the Octagon V2 pcb, but it says measured not verified. The link has a picture of someone with a $120 set of calipers that is using them completely wrong. To measure gaps, they should be using the other end. Dumbest thing I have seen all day→
More
Show Image

Using digital calipers, I measured the switch holes of my VE.A PCB where holtites sit perfect and they are 1.44-1.46 mm in diameter. The switch hole diameter of my extra ZZ96 PCB is right at 1.60mm and they fall through. Switching to the LightSaver for this very reason, having them on the VE.A really spoiled me.

Also work on the BlackBird, switches sit perfect, LEDs are tight but still work fine

Offline Shados

« Reply #236 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 05:15:50 »

More
Show Image

Also work on the BlackBird, switches sit perfect, LEDs are tight but still work fine

They also work fine on the Eagle/Viper PCB.

Offline q1w2e3r4t5z

« Reply #237 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 05:47:18 »
Sheet has been updated, minus Elton's order (So the GB was basically 99 units) the last successful one was at 5/15/2017 18:01:35

Sheesh, 95 seconds, what the hell :eek:

Offline rasmusx

« Reply #238 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 05:50:43 »
Sheesh, 95 seconds, what the hell :eek:

Hype was real

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ChitownM2

« Reply #239 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 07:05:46 »
The link has a picture of someone with a $120 set of calipers that is using them completely wrong. To measure gaps, they should be using the other end. Dumbest thing I have seen all day→
More
Show Image

I'll agree that he is using them wrong, but it is obvious from the photo that his calipers are too large to be used properly to measure holes of this size. Chances are he was trying to do the best he could to help someone else out who asked the question so maybe ease up on who you're calling dumb.

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #240 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 08:45:01 »
I was moving all weekend and wasn't checking online.  Lightsaver GB happens.  FML.   :))

Offline yookwh

« Reply #241 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 08:49:56 »
Hnggg not sure if I want to stay with silver or go with black. Anyone have any pictures to convince me in one way or the other?

Offline onlinelife

« Reply #242 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 10:21:21 »
Thanks everyone who gave info about holtites!

Offline Concerned_apathy

« Reply #243 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 10:31:37 »
These stabilizers should work for this board right? http://winkeyless.kr/product/cherry-pcb-mount-stabilizers/
A full set is sufficient?

Offline q1w2e3r4t5z

« Reply #244 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 10:46:45 »
Yes and yes

Offline elton5354

« Reply #245 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 11:10:53 »
Just as a reminder:

Order Changes:
•Please DO NOT PM me for changes
•Email duckustomkeyboards[at]gmail[dot]com for order changes
•Include your Order Number in the subject line along with a description
•Include your Username, FULL Address and Email to confirm your identity.

Thank you! I will not respond to your PM regarding changes AND please include the required information in the email to confirm your identity. I will not be able to change it otherwise.

Offline BlackInk

• "Manners maketh man"
    • TeamGSB
« Reply #246 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 11:29:53 »
SS vs Aluminum plate? Which one is better guys

Offline yookwh

« Reply #247 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 11:31:50 »
From what I've read, SS > linear, and aluminum > non-linear. I've been going with Zealios for my past couple of builds, but will probably go with both plates just in case.

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #248 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 11:56:38 »
Hnggg not sure if I want to stay with silver or go with black. Anyone have any pictures to convince me in one way or the other?

Search for previous Lightsaver builds on google, that's what I did last night before deciding on all black. Probably helps if you've got some keycaps in mind to pair with it.

Offline Perfex

« Reply #249 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 12:53:27 »
I'm pretty sure there were more photos added to the Duck links provided earlier in the thread, however they are of the black variant.

http://duck0113.tistory.com/150

Normally I'm not really into lighted boards but I think Laser GMK is perfectly suited for the black Lightsaver v3, so that what I made my decision around.
« Last Edit: Tue, 16 May 2017, 12:58:04 by Perfex »