Author Topic: [IC] GMK Civilizations - GB NOW LIVE!  (Read 113176 times)

Offline VellFlamm

Re: [IC] GMK Civilizations --- Updated 11/23 PLEASE FILL OUT NEW IC FORM
« Reply #150 on: Mon, 11 January 2021, 15:15:52 »
I was so hyped about the kit, but just realized that there is no 1.25 shift in the 40% kit. RIP

That's because there's a 1.25U shift in the base kit!

Love the kit update!
It's missing a 1u backspace (which is used in Adélie render), but I'll just use minus or something. I wouldn't be using the key as backspace anyway.
« Last Edit: Mon, 11 January 2021, 15:26:34 by VellFlamm »

Offline twgecko02

• GMK Civilizations
Re: [IC] GMK Civilizations --- Updated 11/23 PLEASE FILL OUT NEW IC FORM
« Reply #151 on: Mon, 11 January 2021, 17:15:02 »
I was so hyped about the kit, but just realized that there is no 1.25 shift in the 40% kit. RIP

That's because there's a 1.25U shift in the base kit!

Love the kit update!
It's missing a 1u backspace (which is used in Adélie render), but I'll just use minus or something. I wouldn't be using the key as backspace anyway.

Thank you for pointing that out! I'll be sure to add a disclaimer on those renders that the key is no longer included in any of the kits.

Offline dibstern

I’m so confused, why was the 1u backspace removed? The ortho kit doesn’t support ortho anymore :(

This means I’m out

Offline Chronicle

Question about the Brass mods - will there not be brass mods for the top row of numpad? (Numlock / * - )

Offline twgecko02

• GMK Civilizations
Unfortunately, the brass mods kit has been reduced to support up to TKL layouts to keep the cost as low as possible. Alternate mods kits get very expensive very quickly, so I had to make some difficult decisions to keep it at a reasonable cost :(

Offline twgecko02

• GMK Civilizations
I’m so confused, why was the 1u backspace removed? The ortho kit doesn’t support ortho anymore :(

This means I’m out

I had checked with the 40s discord server as I'm hardly an expert on 40s/ortho kitting, and they said that the kit looked fine, so I was unaware that the 1u backspace was considered integral. If enough people feel that they need the 1u backspace added back to the 40s kit, it's certainly something that can happen.

Offline twgecko02

• GMK Civilizations

This means I’m out

I had checked with the 40s discord server as I'm hardly an expert on 40s/ortho kitting, and they said that the kit looked fine, so I was unaware that the 1u backspace was considered integral. If enough people feel that they need the 1u backspace added back to the 40s kit, it's certainly something that can happen.

Update: I checked with them again and realized that my 40s/ortho kitting was inconsistant, I don't intend to offer support for UT47 (anyone who wanted this set for that please feel free to leave a comment and I can consider it), so I'll be removing the 1.25 enter and 1.5 shift (formerly intended for Evolv support) in exchange for a 1u backspace. Thank you for bringing this to my attention!

Offline astudler

Would be nice to have some images of renders with the Brass Modkit on. Most of your images only have the Base Kit.

Offline i luv chuletas

This means I’m out

Update: I checked with them again and realized that my 40s/ortho kitting was inconsistant, I don't intend to offer support for UT47 (anyone who wanted this set for that please feel free to leave a comment and I can consider it), so I'll be removing the 1.25 enter and 1.5 shift (formerly intended for Evolv support) in exchange for a 1u backspace. Thank you for bringing this to my attention!

Hey there! Glad you'll be adding back the 1u backspace (did not realize it was missing) but could I caution against removing 1.25 enter key? There's a few layouts that use it, and it'd be hella nice to have in the kit :) 1.5u shift is not that prevalent however.

Offline AshF

It's a great colourway - well done
Would have loved to see a UK ISO kit included, it would have been an instabuy for me. GLWIC

Offline twgecko02

• GMK Civilizations
Would be nice to have some images of renders with the Brass Modkit on. Most of your images only have the Base Kit.

I've got a few coming up that will be on the GB page for sure, I'm waiting for permission since some of the boards that I've rendered with haven't been publicly announced yet

Offline kvnlau7

have you considered putting brass mods in the base kit?
I feel the current base lacks a bit too much contrast.
this is just a suggestion.

Offline PRLato

I agree with this statement 100%.

Wysłane z mojego Redmi 8 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Offline VellFlamm

I love the mods on the current Base kit. The simplicity is what makes the kit special IMHO

Offline whezil

Wow... I need these alphas... And for the mods - brb going to make some brass one's to go with this, may be gone a while...

Offline twgecko02

• GMK Civilizations

I have considered it, but prefer the simplicity of the all white kitting.

Offline KKoNaM

Need a render with the brass mod kit

Offline twgecko02

• GMK Civilizations
Need a render with the brass mod kit

Like I said in an earlier comment, I have a few renders with the brass mod kit, I've just done them on a board that hasn't been announced yet. I can guarantee that I'll have the renders up on at least the GB post if not earlier  :D

Offline Roo-Town

a board that hasn't been announced yet

Ugh, what a tease...

Offline Invezting

Love the novelties!

Offline twgecko02

• GMK Civilizations
Thank you! I really like the look of the line art style to help keep the feeling very minimalistic

Offline TyPo.mk

Wow gorgeous set, hard to decide if I want brass mods or not since both look so good. What’s the board in the banner with brass mods?

Offline i luv chuletas

God damn do those Rama look good. Def getting an enter and esc for this.

Awesome job man!

Offline twgecko02

• GMK Civilizations
Wow gorgeous set, hard to decide if I want brass mods or not since both look so good. What’s the board in the banner with brass mods?

It's the GMMK Pro!

Offline twgecko02

• GMK Civilizations
God damn do those Rama look good. Def getting an enter and esc for this.

Awesome job man!

Thank you, really happy with how they turned out!

Offline Adqam64

Just a beautiful kit and looks so good on e-white.  Hope you do an R2 with ISO-UK support!

Offline mark.l.ashworth

Just a beautiful kit and looks so good on e-white.  Hope you do an R2 with ISO-UK support!
This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline fanovorc

what is the only R2 of Novelties Kit?Torii?is it a specific Torii?

Offline candravamsa

Is there any chance that this set will run to the beginning of March?

That is unfortunately the only scenario that I would be able to afford to buy this set!

Offline twgecko02

• GMK Civilizations

That is unfortunately the only scenario that I would be able to afford to buy this set!

The set will be running starting today, January 23rd, through February 23rd. Vendors will be ordering extras though, so you might be able to pick up a set later!

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
Excited about this but sad to see no UK ISO support.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline AGentileschi

The set will be running starting today, January 23rd, through February 23rd. Vendors will be ordering extras though, so you might be able to pick up a set later!

Is this already sold out on Mechs&Co? Or has the site just not opened the GB yet?

Offline ForsakenCoffee

Is this already sold out on Mechs&Co? Or has the site just not opened the GB yet?

Its live now. The sold out was while they were setting up the site.

Offline ForsakenCoffee

I realize its too late now but if there is ever a round 2 of this set, i think a pagoda would make a neat vertical enter novelty

Offline Mr_Quaternions

I see  no price for extras in Europe. Does it mean we're toast for deskmat/artisans?
That'll pretty much decide if I order through my keyboard or proto[typist].  :cool:

edit: The gb is now live on my keyboard with all the extras.
Bonus question: will the other artisans be added as they are revealed ? (looking at you Mode Designs)
« Last Edit: Sat, 23 January 2021, 14:38:05 by Mr_Quaternions »

Offline Mr_Quaternions

On a side note, those SA artisans would look hella good with SA RAMSES...
« Last Edit: Sat, 23 January 2021, 17:07:33 by Mr_Quaternions »

Offline ben56k

totally that SA artisan is a must for me! and ramses sorry.

Offline twgecko02

• GMK Civilizations
I see  no price for extras in Europe. Does it mean we're toast for deskmat/artisans?
That'll pretty much decide if I order through my keyboard or proto[typist].  :cool:

edit: The gb is now live on my keyboard with all the extras.
Bonus question: will the other artisans be added as they are revealed ? (looking at you Mode Designs)

Mode designs is live as well, they're selling through their own site found here!

Offline Pandamom98

I just ordered the SA Egypt artisan today and next week im gonna order the base set. I love how this looks especially since I love ancient history

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
Great to see it at Prototypist.  Ordered It and the RAMA could not be passed on.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline dudewth

Ordered one of each kit, all ramas, and the mode artisan. First time at $500 for a keycap set for me.  :eek:

Offline twgecko02

• GMK Civilizations
Ordered one of each kit, all ramas, and the mode artisan. First time at $500 for a keycap set for me.  :eek:

<3

Offline ItsJr

Re: [IC] GMK Civilizations - GB NOW LIVE!
« Reply #192 on: Wed, 17 February 2021, 18:50:27 »
Just purchased these keycaps! Love the look so much, I ordered a 40s kit in hopes that it hits MOQ! Can't wait till I have this on a new build

Offline HyeongGeun

« Reply #193 on: Tue, 19 October 2021, 23:33:04 »
GMK Civilizations is white Ws1?Is it ws2?

Offline Krolyk

« Reply #194 on: Wed, 20 October 2021, 04:34:22 »
Show Image

GB Live Here

Since the beginning of time, humans have always been enraptured with building things that are bigger, better, and more awe inspiring than ever before.

From the ancients of France and Britain building dolmens to the wonders of modern engineering evidenced by towering cities and hulking skyscrapers, we have come far

From around the world, people have come together to construct incredible monuments, places of worship, and towering statues, a testament to the perseverance of Human Kind.

GMK Civilizations aims to celebrate these miraculous constructions of civilizations long gone,

paying homage to the peoples of the world who built:

The Pyramids of Giza
Stonehenge
The Forbidden Palace
The Moai
The Parthenon
Chichen Itza
The Colloseum
The Great Wall of China
The Great Sphinx of Giza
The Taj Mahal
Al-Kaʿbah al-Musharrafah

Colors

Show Image

More
I chose to use White and Brass (WS1 and RAL 1024 respectively) to represent this set

I believe the simplicity and elegance of these colors allow me to highlight the ancient wonders themselves

RAL 1024 is a near perfect match for brass weights and accents

Please note that all colors are digital representations of a physical color sample and will likely vary slightly in the actual product

Show Image

Show Image

Kits

Base Kit
Show Image

More
Brass Mods Kit
Show Image

Spacebars Kit
Show Image

40s/Ortho Kit
Show Image

Novelties Kit
Show Image

Pricing
More
Show Image

Renders

Show Image

More
Rama M60A

Show Image
Show Image

Iron 165 by Smith & Rune

Show Image
Show Image

J-02 by proto[Typist]

Show Image
Show Image

Adélie by Abec13

Show Image
Show Image

GMMK Pro

Show Image
Show Image

Mode 80
Show Image
Show Image

Deskmats

900mm x 400mm, 4mm thick | cloth top | stitched edges
Designs by Halo

Show Image
Show Image

Vendors

US: Mechs & Co.
Canada: AshKeebs
Oceania: SwitchKeys
South America: Fancy Customs
SE Asia: Monokei
Europe: mykeyboard.eu
UK: Proto[Typist]
China: zFrontier

Collaborations
Space Cables, RAMA Works, Mode Designs, CraftKey, Archetype
More
Space Cables

Show Image

MarbleK Wrist Rest
Coming soon

RAMA Brass Artisans

White Parthenon R1 1U - $43
Show Image

Brass Parthenon R1 1U - $58
Show Image

Brass Great Wall ANSI Enter - $68
Show Image

Mode Designs 3D Metal Artisan - $55

Show Image
Show Image

Archetype Artisan Keycap
Coming soon

CraftKey Resin Cast Wonder Artisan - $50
Available in DOM or SA profile (not flush with the rest of the keyset)

Show Image
Show Image

Show Image
Show Image

To Do List

More
More Renders

Select Vendors

Artisan Collab(s) (Waiting for Samples)

Deskmat Changes + New Option (Samples of both new designs ordered, will post pictures once received)

Add Ortho/40s kit, finalize all other kitting (In Progress)

Fix my dumb mistakes that I inevitably made (please feel free to DM if you notice any)

Git Gud at rendering

If you want to show support for this set please consider adding this signature to your geekhack profile!

Show Image

Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=108877.0][img]https://i.imgur.com/jKxQNXo.jpg[/img][/url]
GMK Civilizations is white Ws1?Is it ws2?
WS1, says in description

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk