Author Topic: G'day  (Read 1866 times)

Offline Chau

• .5 Korean, .25 Vietnamese, .25 Chinese, Oz accent
G'day
« on: Sat, 03 November 2012, 07:44:11 »
Long days and pleasant nights all.I 'm already hooked, my wallet is trembling and I don't even own a board yet.

Offline jeroplane

Re: G'day
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 03 November 2012, 07:48:14 »
Saw the G'Day, looked at your location, then saw your personal text and was like :confused: Welcome!

If you don't mind me asking, have you lived in Australia before?

And perhaps more importantly, do you speak Korean? Could come in very handy in the world of keyboards! :)

My signature hasn't changed since 2012. I should really update it.

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 03 November 2012, 09:00:18 »
Im getting into the welcoming business. Starting with my new macro image:

Fight For Freedom. Stand with Hong Kongers

Offline Chau

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 03 November 2012, 12:34:36 »
Cheers for the welcome guys.

@jeroplane came to Oz as a refugee from Vietnam in 1980 when I was just a kid. I grew up in Sydney therefore the accent.  ;D
Unfortunately, I don't speak Korean :( also have forgotten alot of Vietnamese  :-[ These days it's mainly English and Greek[hack].

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 03 November 2012, 18:38:56 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

I also was confused with the salutation and then everything else.  Then I realised one of my Crystal Meth keycaps was not sitting straight, so I didn't feel as bad about it.  And that made about as much sense as anything else this morning so far ...
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Chau

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 03 November 2012, 18:56:52 »
I would suggest u stop typing on meth keycaps with your tongue, things might start making a lot more sense :p. But then again who wants to make sense of this chaos,in fact, I going to dip my caps in lsd and start typing with my tongue  :p

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 03 November 2012, 18:59:51 »
The emoticon you have used is very appropriate to the context of your post :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline jeroplane

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 03 November 2012, 21:09:04 »
Cheers for the welcome guys.

@jeroplane came to Oz as a refugee from Vietnam in 1980 when I was just a kid. I grew up in Sydney therefore the accent.  ;D
Unfortunately, I don't speak Korean :( also have forgotten alot of Vietnamese  :-[ These days it's mainly English and Greek[hack].

That's an amazing story. Thanks for sharing! I hope you enjoy your time here at GH. :)

My signature hasn't changed since 2012. I should really update it.