Author Topic: Hi!  (Read 1362 times)

Offline gameaholic

Hi!
« on: Sun, 04 November 2012, 14:14:33 »
I'm new here.  Still don't have enough posts to post in the classifieds section.  How many do I need?  Anyways my gaming keyboard story started on the first Logitech G15, then I got the revised model and and a G13.  The first time I had heard of a mechanical keyboard was when I bought my Steelseries 7G.   Since then I've been hooked.  I caught the buckling spring bug after that but now I'm working my way through the Cherry MX switches.  I'm really interested in getting a Korean Keyboard.  I'm also on the hunt for for my first ClickClack Skull.  After that I'll probably try an ALPS board then those Japanese Topre boards.  Since I've joined I find myself on here almost every day looking for the latest keyboard news or deals.  It's really a great community you guys got here and I definitely will be contributing in the future (probably starting with that GEEKHACK PACK).  Keep up all the great work!

regards,

Gameaholic

IBM Model M SSK, Filco MJ2 Ninja TKL with Reds ergo-clears, CM Storm QFR 55g Whites, Poker II with Reds

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
Re: Hi!
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 04 November 2012, 17:46:02 »
lol you're not THAT new, I've seen you around here for a few weeks. If you're trying to post here to boost your post count, it won't work. "New member" section don't increase post counts that work towards the classifieds. Hope you like that ergo-clear I modded for you.

PS - don't start hunting for CC's and korean boards. It's the beginning of the downfall of many GH'ers. Too many people fight for them, and it brings out the worst in many people.

Offline gameaholic

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 04 November 2012, 19:09:11 »
Ha yeah probably should have posted here a while ago.  I needed 3 more posts heh.  Thanks again for the mod!  The ergo-clear is definitely my favorite cherry mx switch I've tried so far.  I've tried blue, brown, black, and reds also.  I'm not in any hurry to get a ClickClack or KMAC.  I was asleep for the last ClickClack sale at EK so I've stopped sleeping since then.  I'm definitely not going to pay an exorbitant price for one.  I'd get a Korean Keyboard if the stars align and my wallet is ready when one goes on sale.  I've seen two go on sale in the past month and they sold in hours.  I've heard people don't like some things about the KMAC2 so I'm not interested in that one.  I don't really see the mechanical keyboard movement dying anytime soon so maybe there will be a KMAC3.  I've been following the GH60 thread and I'm really excited to get one of those and it makes me think the Geekhack community will eventually come out with something just as awesome as the KMAC. 
IBM Model M SSK, Filco MJ2 Ninja TKL with Reds ergo-clears, CM Storm QFR 55g Whites, Poker II with Reds

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 04 November 2012, 20:41:51 »
I used to have a old G15 too, till i got my filco.

Welcome to the club

Fight For Freedom. Stand with Hong Kongers

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 04 November 2012, 21:13:56 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

You need at least 60 posts to start new topics in Classifieds - looks like you have just reached that :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ