Author Topic: The long journey of the WhiteFox  (Read 174807 times)

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
Re: The long journey of the WhiteFox
« Reply #400 on: Tue, 22 December 2015, 20:23:54 »
Question for the more experienced. Would a Weller WP25 be enough to put this keyboard together, diodes, switches and LEDs?

http://www.amazon.com/Weller-WP25-Professional-25Watts-Soldering/dp/B000B63BTU/ref=sr_1_7?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1344112191&sr=1-7&keywords=Weller+soldering+iron

In my experience the ax tip works better than the conic one for SMD, but for pass through components you may be ok with pretty much any soldering iron.

All the SMD stuff is presoldered for this one, aren't they? So all that would need to be soldered is through-hole switches and LEDs (assuming you got a barebones or a kit).
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #401 on: Tue, 22 December 2015, 20:29:45 »
Question for the more experienced. Would a Weller WP25 be enough to put this keyboard together, diodes, switches and LEDs?

http://www.amazon.com/Weller-WP25-Professional-25Watts-Soldering/dp/B000B63BTU/ref=sr_1_7?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1344112191&sr=1-7&keywords=Weller+soldering+iron

In my experience the ax tip works better than the conic one for SMD, but for pass through components you may be ok with pretty much any soldering iron.

All the SMD stuff is presoldered for this one, aren't they? So all that would need to be soldered is through-hole switches and LEDs (assuming you got a barebones or a kit).

Pass-through components are very easy to solder.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus

Offline n__dles

« Reply #403 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 11:25:56 »
If I were to change the switches on my order which is in the first batch, would it be moved to the second batch?
looks fine to me. you may also consider this http://www.amazon.com/Weller-WLC100-40-Watt-Soldering-Station/dp/B000AS28UC/ref=sr_1_1?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1450857501&sr=1-1&keywords=WLC100
Not to start a soldering iron flame war, but: I have a Hakko FX888D and my dad has a Weller WLC100. I think the extra $50 for the Hakko is money well spent, especially if you plan on doing more than just keyboards.

Offline mtdr

« Reply #404 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 11:43:16 »
If I were to change the switches on my order which is in the first batch, would it be moved to the second batch?
looks fine to me. you may also consider this http://www.amazon.com/Weller-WLC100-40-Watt-Soldering-Station/dp/B000AS28UC/ref=sr_1_1?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1450857501&sr=1-1&keywords=WLC100
Not to start a soldering iron flame war, but: I have a Hakko FX888D and my dad has a Weller WLC100. I think the extra $50 for the Hakko is money well spent, especially if you plan on doing more than just keyboards.

I actually did look at the Hakko FX888D and the Weller WLC100. The FX888D looks nice but its a little bit overboard for me, specially for me that I'm just getting started with all of this, looking for something more entry-level. Compared the WLC100 to WP25, and while having the station is a plus It seems like the WP25 is just a better built iron, more solid iron than the WLC100 iron. Whatever I buy I want it to last since I plan on doing more custom keyboard builds in the future, so I think I'll just go for the WP25. If I ever find that not being enough then I think I will go for the Hakko FX888D.

Offline senso

« Reply #405 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 11:49:21 »
Go straight to a temperature controlled/regulated iron, you don't need to spend twice to get there.
An FX888D is cheap in US compared to the dumb price that they ask for it in Europe(in Portugal it costs over 150€..), and buy a chisel tip with 2-2.5mm wide, perfect for everything, and maybe a conical with 3-4mm for big ground planes when you need to solder a big socket/connect, the added thermal mass is a gods given.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #406 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 11:53:13 »

As the fellow said, there is no intention to go into a debate on soldering irons, but, it is very important to understand that soldering pass through components is extremely easy, that any reasonable well made iron will do the job. If I were you I'd save the extra $50 to get more keyboard related stuff, for example, a modifiers set. But, it is your money, it is your call.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #407 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 12:37:42 »
I started with a $8 15W iron and I was perfectly fine with it. Later I bought a soldering station but only because I started doing some serious stuff.

Offline mtdr

« Reply #408 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 13:21:09 »
Alright, thank you all for your input. I think I'm definitely set on the Weller WP25 then. It looks like a solid, well built 25W iron that will last me for a lot of time and that's what I'm looking for, not something cheap that will break after several uses or months, and not high-end that I will regret overspending on it when I don't use it to it's full potential.
« Last Edit: Wed, 23 December 2015, 13:36:38 by mtdr »

Offline n__dles

« Reply #409 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 18:28:22 »
I started with a $8 15W iron and I was perfectly fine with it. Later I bought a soldering station but only because I started doing some serious stuff.
I could have been clearer. The Weller is more than sufficient for keyboards, if there's little chance of needing it for any other use, buy it.

As senso said the extra $50 buys an under priced, high quality iron that doesn't have to replaced for more complicated things.

P.S.
Is changing the switches on my order going to be a big inconvenience for you all / cause it to be shifted to the 2nd batch? Thanks.

Offline mtdr

« Reply #410 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 19:23:02 »
P.S.
Is changing the switches on my order going to be a big inconvenience for you all / cause it to be shifted to the 2nd batch? Thanks.

No, it does not. Just Edit the order and leave the fulfillment time as it already is, and change the switch type and Save, it will leave your order on the first batch. I did that before.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #411 on: Thu, 24 December 2015, 01:00:19 »
the inconvenience is when you shift from second to first batch, but if you are already in batch 1, go for it.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #412 on: Thu, 24 December 2015, 03:17:22 »
Zealio switches might (I said *might*) be available again tomorrow. Stay tuned and happy foxy Christmas!

Offline sordna

« Reply #413 on: Thu, 24 December 2015, 15:06:32 »
Any chance of the drop getting extended? It would help the 2nd batch grow as it's only 181 units compared to 1000 of the first :-)

Hmm, so this keyboard doesn't have a Teensy right? With my original ergodox a was able to wire a 2KHz buzzer (sparkfun part number COM-07950) to D5 and GND of the teensy, add for 4 lines of code to the firmware and get a "click" sound out of my linear reds. Superb typing experience, helps avoid bottom out while keys are smooth and linear.

I wish the Whitefox had a provision to allow this... maybe even room in the PCB/case to fit the (12mm wide / 9mm tall) buzzer.

Would that be possible in a future iteration ?
Kinesis Contoured Advantage & Advantage2 LF with Cherry MX Red switches / Extra keys mod / O-ring dampening mod / Dvorak layout. ErgoDox with buzzer and LED mod.
Also: Kinesis Advantage Classic, Kinesis Advantage2, Data911 TG3, Fingerworks Touchstream LP, IBM SSK (Buckling spring), Goldtouch GTU-0077 keyboard

Offline Lunatique

• Writer, Composer, Artist, Photographer, Gamer
« Reply #414 on: Thu, 24 December 2015, 15:26:01 »
Can you guys tell me if I might like the purple Zealios (and which weight to get)? I prefer a really sharp tactile bump (and prefer low noise) instead of the subtle bump of the Cherry MX browns, clears, etc. Out of all the switches I've tried and keyboards I own, I think the most pronounced tactile bump is probably the Matias quiet switch and the Topre 55g. The Matias is a bit scratchy/rough, while the Topre is very smooth and refined, with the bump at the top of the stroke and a sharp collapse of the dome (which feels very nice).

I currently have the Gateron brown assembled ordered, but I've never tried the Gateron brown switch either. I only read that it's like a smoother Cherry MX brown with a slightly sharper bump. I'm not even sure if the tactile bump is significant enough, since all the Cherry MX switches feel like the bumps are too soft to me. I like a REALLY SHARP tactile bump that won't become indistinguishable once you start typing at moderate speeds.

Offline braidn

« Reply #415 on: Fri, 25 December 2015, 11:47:06 »
Can you guys tell me if I might like the purple Zealios (and which weight to get)? I prefer a really sharp tactile bump (and prefer low noise) instead of the subtle bump of the Cherry MX browns, clears, etc. Out of all the switches I've tried and keyboards I own, I think the most pronounced tactile bump is probably the Matias quiet switch and the Topre 55g. The Matias is a bit scratchy/rough, while the Topre is very smooth and refined, with the bump at the top of the stroke and a sharp collapse of the dome (which feels very nice).

I currently have the Gateron brown assembled ordered, but I've never tried the Gateron brown switch either. I only read that it's like a smoother Cherry MX brown with a slightly sharper bump. I'm not even sure if the tactile bump is significant enough, since all the Cherry MX switches feel like the bumps are too soft to me. I like a REALLY SHARP tactile bump that won't become indistinguishable once you start typing at moderate speeds.

Sharpest Zealios to me are the 67's. They feel a lot like 45g topre HHKB switches. Not the same but close

Offline braidn

Re: The long journey of the WhiteF
« Reply #416 on: Fri, 25 December 2015, 11:48:25 »
Does anyone k ow the type of fewt that are bundled with this? They look a smidgen wider than Gon's feet. Was wondering because I want a to pick up a pair for another build and they look perfect.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #417 on: Fri, 25 December 2015, 14:03:25 »
Does anyone k ow the type of fewt that are bundled with this? They look a smidgen wider than Gon's feet. Was wondering because I want a to pick up a pair for another build and they look perfect.

they are custom made.
Sharpest Zealios to me are the 67's. They feel a lot like 45g topre HHKB switches. Not the same but close
[/quote]

this. not. :P

Offline Lunatique

« Reply #418 on: Fri, 25 December 2015, 14:25:56 »

So which switch would you recommend? I just want a switch that is as tactile as possible, with as little noise as possible, but not ridiculously heavy since I have no need to train my fingers--I just want to type smoothly and without error.

My current favorite switches are probably the Topre 55g and 45g. I like the Cherry MX blues and greens for the times when I want some noise to feel festive while I type, but I prefer quiet if I had to choose. :D Buckling spring is the king of all clicky, but when I don't want the noise it can grate on the nerves a bit.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #419 on: Fri, 25 December 2015, 14:53:46 »

So which switch would you recommend? I just want a switch that is as tactile as possible, with as little noise as possible, but not ridiculously heavy since I have no need to train my fingers--I just want to type smoothly and without error.

My current favorite switches are probably the Topre 55g and 45g. I like the Cherry MX blues and greens for the times when I want some noise to feel festive while I type, but I prefer quiet if I had to choose. :D Buckling spring is the king of all clicky, but when I don't want the noise it can grate on the nerves a bit.

If you want tactility but for it to be quiet then I would recommend a Zealios variant that is lubed. When you lube the switches it tends to dampen the noise quiet a bit. The plate material matters significantly but since there aren't didn't options provided in that aspect then your best bet is to lube the switches and add o-rings if it isn't quiet enough for you.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline qwack

« Reply #420 on: Fri, 25 December 2015, 14:54:35 »
Tactile + no click : get Blues and jailhouse them!

Pure Pro w/MX Red - [review]

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #421 on: Fri, 25 December 2015, 15:06:51 »
Tactile + no click : get Blues and jailhouse them!

Jailhouse Blues is yet another option, however some people may not like it since the actuation is sooner than normal mx blues.

Offline Lunatique

« Reply #422 on: Fri, 25 December 2015, 15:16:10 »
If you want tactility but for it to be quiet then I would recommend a Zealios variant that is lubed. When you lube the switches it tends to dampen the noise quiet a bit. The plate material matters significantly but since there aren't didn't options provided in that aspect then your best bet is to lube the switches and add o-rings if it isn't quiet enough for you.

Are the stock Zealios louder than normal Cherry MX clears? If not, I'm not going to worry about it, since non-clicky Cherry MXs are quiet enough to not bother me. And is the 67g purple Zealios the most tactile out of all the options in this White Fox drop by a significant margin? If it's only slightly more tactile than the Gateron browns, then I'd rather not bother with having to solder them myself and pay more--I'd rather just stick to the assembled Gateron browns.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #423 on: Fri, 25 December 2015, 15:25:08 »

Are the stock Zealios louder than normal Cherry MX clears? If not, I'm not going to worry about it, since non-clicky Cherry MXs are quiet enough to not bother me. And is the 67g purple Zealios the most tactile out of all the options in this White Fox drop by a significant margin? If it's only slightly more tactile than the Gateron browns, then I'd rather not bother with having to solder them myself and pay more--I'd rather just stick to the assembled Gateron browns.

I wouldn't really consider the Zealios to be louder than stock mx clears. However the only comparison that I have at the moment is 62g Zealios on an acrylic plate vs stock mx clears on a steel plate(Pok3r). The Zealios will definitely be a lot more tactile than gateron browns. Browns are a mix of linear and tactility, the bump is barely noticeable where the Zealios is similar to an ergo-clear which is like a mx clear with with brown springs.

Offline Lunatique

« Reply #424 on: Fri, 25 December 2015, 15:29:28 »
I wouldn't really consider the Zealios to be louder than stock mx clears. However the only comparison that I have at the moment is 62g Zealios on an acrylic plate vs stock mx clears on a steel plate(Pok3r). The Zealios will definitely be a lot more tactile than gateron browns. Browns are a mix of linear and tactility, the bump is barely noticeable where the Zealios is similar to an ergo-clear which is like a mx clear with with brown springs.

It seems the purple Zealios (particularly 65g and 67g) are hyped a lot right now, especially that they are short in supply. But objectively, how do they actually compare to Topre 55g and 45g or Matias quiet switch?

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #425 on: Fri, 25 December 2015, 17:48:02 »

It seems the purple Zealios (particularly 65g and 67g) are hyped a lot right now, especially that they are short in supply. But objectively, how do they actually compare to Topre 55g and 45g or Matias quiet switch?

Sorry that's where I'm of no use, I have never typed on a topre or alps board before so I can't really help there. I'm a huge MX fan myself. :thumb:

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #426 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 10:23:38 »

comparing zealios or cherry mx to topre is impossible. I can say oranges and apples are both fruits, but that's about it.

to me 45g topre are closer to linear than they are to tactile switches. 55g topre have a more tactile feeling, but it's a very smooth curve, while cherry/zealios have more of a "bump".

really you can't compare them, you are gonna be disappointed if you search the same topre feeling.

Offline Lunatique

« Reply #427 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 15:38:09 »

comparing zealios or cherry mx to topre is impossible. I can say oranges and apples are both fruits, but that's about it.

to me 45g topre are closer to linear than they are to tactile switches. 55g topre have a more tactile feeling, but it's a very smooth curve, while cherry/zealios have more of a "bump".

really you can't compare them, you are gonna be disappointed if you search the same topre feeling.

If only comparing the Zealios purples to Cherry MX stock clears, are the Zealios significantly sharper in the tactile feel? If it's only marginally more tactile, then I'd rather just stick to an assembled option, since I suck at soldering and would rather not spend the time or the extra money for very subtle differences I can barely feel.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #428 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 16:31:52 »
I have here in front of me mx clear and zealios purple 65. They are very close, with cherry been a pinch crispier and zealios smoother. As per tactile feeling and stiffness they are very close. If you think you are not up to the soldering task, go for mx clear and save some bucks in the process. you would hardly feel the difference anyway.

Offline Lunatique

« Reply #429 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 16:57:27 »
I have here in front of me mx clear and zealios purple 65. They are very close, with cherry been a pinch crispier and zealios smoother. As per tactile feeling and stiffness they are very close. If you think you are not up to the soldering task, go for mx clear and save some bucks in the process. you would hardly feel the difference anyway.

Okay, that helps a lot. I've never really been a fan of any MX-mount switch's tactile feel, since the bumps are too subtle and rounded for my taste (I much prefer Topre 55g's sharp collapse, and Matias Quiet's much more pronounced tactile feel. Buckling spring is the king of tactile feel, but way too loud). I've changed my order back to Gateron browns assembled. 

I don't have any Gateron switches, so I might as well give them a try. MX clears feel a bit slower to me than browns, and I like quicker switches. Neither have enough tactile bump for me anyway, so I might as well choose the faster one, and the Gateron browns are supposed to have more tactile feedback and smoother than MX browns-both are good qualities in my book (faster, more tactile feel).

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #430 on: Sun, 27 December 2015, 10:54:24 »
Last few hours left!

Thanks everybody! When the drop started I told MD we would have sold 200, they estimated 500 but we will probably end close to 1300!

Now to making some tutorials!

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #431 on: Sun, 27 December 2015, 11:26:00 »
Last few hours left!

Thanks everybody! When the drop started I told MD we would have sold 200, they estimated 500 but we will probably end close to 1300!

Congrats Matt3o that is quite the achievement, I didn't think they would surpass 500 myself but it is quite the amazing offer. :thumb:

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #432 on: Sun, 27 December 2015, 12:01:40 »
A good deal is a good deal. Congratulations, again.

Offline Goranth

« Reply #433 on: Sun, 27 December 2015, 12:06:34 »
Last few hours left!

Congrats!  Pretty excited to tinker around with it when it comes. 

Offline Jedi

« Reply #434 on: Sun, 27 December 2015, 15:26:52 »
Hoping for perfect PCB production runs for on time scheduling to go with those awesome tutorials.  Just about time to put this one to bed and start on Granite round 4 :p :thumb:

Offline vhaarr

« Reply #435 on: Sun, 27 December 2015, 15:45:06 »
- EDIT: All fixed! -
« Last Edit: Sun, 27 December 2015, 17:47:10 by vhaarr »
Let the Holy Handgrenades rain.
Hammering on an old Happy Hacking Pro 2. Still going strong!

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #436 on: Sun, 27 December 2015, 15:47:20 »
Hi,

Can anyone help me out in getting my hands on a Whitefox?
One problem is I did not notice the massdrop until I came home to my parents town for Christmas.
The other problem is I am out of a job at the moment and dont really have the cash for it.

But what I do have, is hundreds of US dollars worth of Amazon gift cards. I got them as payment for a job years ago, and since I live in Norway I rarely get to use them.

I've used a HHKB Pro2 as a daily driver for, oh, at least 6 years, and I own quite a few others like the Choc Mini, Poker, a couple of Filcos, the old GHSS SIIG Minitouch, all of which have never been used. I also have quite a few old Cherry keyboards with card readers and integrated touchpads, etc.

But the HHKB Pro2 is showing signs of wear, some of the keys are not in tip top shape, and I think within a year or two I will need a new one. And I am not happy with any of the keyboards I have except the HHKB :-P
But man, this Whitefox board looks awesome!

I have a brother who studies in the US, so the keyboard can be shipped to him and he will bring it to Norway.

Would anyone be able to help me out? You get $200 USD in Amazon credit.
The only problem is, you cant get it until I am back from vacation, like 3rd of January.
As you can see I've been a member of GH since 2009.

If you like the HHKB you can get a new key cap set for it, and that solve the problem.

Offline sordna

« Reply #437 on: Sun, 27 December 2015, 16:40:05 »

I have a brother who studies in the US, so the keyboard can be shipped to him and he will bring it to Norway.

Would anyone be able to help me out? You get $200 USD in Amazon credit.
The only problem is, you cant get it until I am back from vacation, like 3rd of January.

Why don't you ask your brother to buy it?? Probably he has a credit card, or can buy a prepaid credit card from any pharmacy.

BTW are you offering $200 + whatever the keyboard costs (which is another ~ $200 if you include assembly and tax?)
Kinesis Contoured Advantage & Advantage2 LF with Cherry MX Red switches / Extra keys mod / O-ring dampening mod / Dvorak layout. ErgoDox with buzzer and LED mod.
Also: Kinesis Advantage Classic, Kinesis Advantage2, Data911 TG3, Fingerworks Touchstream LP, IBM SSK (Buckling spring), Goldtouch GTU-0077 keyboard

Offline vhaarr

« Reply #438 on: Sun, 27 December 2015, 17:46:48 »
If you like the HHKB you can get a new key cap set for it, and that solve the problem.
I'm on my 4th spacebar already, this isn't about the key caps but the rubber or springs. Anyway it might be possible to repair, I have not studied it yet.

Why don't you ask your brother to buy it?? Probably he has a credit card, or can buy a prepaid credit card from any pharmacy.
He is here in Norway with me for the holidays.

But I've got it sorted now, someone will help me get it :-) So I will just delete my original request.
Let the Holy Handgrenades rain.
Hammering on an old Happy Hacking Pro 2. Still going strong!

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #439 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 00:42:28 »
1h left! :D

Offline sordna

« Reply #440 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 01:05:45 »
Question: Have you considered a split spacebar in future versions of the keyboard ? So that the left (or right) can be programmed to do backspace, or shift for example ?  Coming from a Kinesis I can tell you it's great to be able to do more stuff with your thumbs!

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #441 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 01:45:40 »
Question: Have you considered a split spacebar in future versions of the keyboard ? So that the left (or right) can be programmed to do backspace, or shift for example ?  Coming from a Kinesis I can tell you it's great to be able to do more stuff with your thumbs!

yes, that is something that I'm pondering for a future release, the problem is the mold for the 3.5u spacebar that I'm not sure it can be done.

Offline sordna

« Reply #442 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 02:21:41 »

yes, that is something that I'm pondering for a future release, the problem is the mold for the 3.5u spacebar that I'm not sure it can be done.

3.5u for the winkeyless... for other layouts (6.25u spacebar) it would be a 3.25 and a 3. Yeah, equally hard to produce :-(
Unless you split the spacebar into three keys (2.75+1.25+2.25). Or do two 2.75 and leave room in the middle for my buzzer :-)

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #443 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 17:03:52 »
okay I've got an heads-up from MD, it seems that many who changed their orders need to re-authorize the paypal transaction. Most are orders from people who changed their orders from gateron to zealio.

so if you don't want to risk losing your whitefox, you have just 8 hours to sort the paypal thing, you should have received an email with all the info otherwise contact MD right away!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #444 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 17:10:33 »
you have just 8 hours to sort the paypal thing

This doesn't apply to me obviously, but isn't that a rather short time period?  :eek:

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #445 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 17:19:57 »

This doesn't apply to me obviously, but isn't that a rather short time period?  :eek:

That time period is tiny, I don't understand the thinking behind that. :-\

Offline FuriousGeorge

« Reply #446 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 17:21:36 »

I think they give you 24 hours to fix payment issues, so from midnight PST to midnight tonight.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #447 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 19:43:54 »

I think they give you 24 hours to fix payment issues, so from midnight PST to midnight tonight.

That makes a lot more sense.  I can think of quite a few scenarios where one wouldn't have a chance to respond in 8 hours.  :eek:

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #448 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 04:42:08 »
Today I received a new test case I asked the manufacturer (we are a bit late I know, but I really wanted to try a thing).

I'm typing on the whitefox since a couple of weeks now and it's absolutely divine, but I would have liked it to be few mm shorter in height so the wrists stay in a more natural position. Please note that we are in the "fanatic" field here, nobody would have probably noticed and the previous case was just fine... but now... ohmy. This is pure heaven. It's like orgasm for your fingers.

This is the case now (left) and before (right).

This just to show you the level of maniacal research for perfection I'm putting into this thing.

I want to thank once again MD for accepting all my crazy last minute requests.
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 December 2015, 07:46:45 by Matt3o »

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #449 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 06:57:04 »
This is what keeps you ahead of the curve. Keep doing what you do.