Author Topic: [closed] CherpKeys [SmallFry complete - thank you techkeys 💖]  (Read 64188 times)

Offline cherpalla

Ordered. Thank you for doing this Cher!

:thumb:
c h e r

Offline tgujay

Will the steel be prone to rusting?

I will seal all of the raw metal myself to prevent rusting. I will use LeakSeal Clear Spray.

Damn.  Well then I'm sold, can I order on Friday or is this ending really soon?
Gotta collect them all

Offline cherpalla

Will the steel be prone to rusting?

I will seal all of the raw metal myself to prevent rusting. I will use LeakSeal Clear Spray.

Damn.  Well then I'm sold, can I order on Friday or is this ending really soon?

You can order anytime during the month of September.  :thumb:
c h e r

Offline cherpalla

Update: Added Topre option.
c h e r

Offline PandaSPUR

Hey Cher, any update on my cap? :D
Home:
Das Keyboard - MX Browns - Vortex Grey Side-Printed PBT Caps
Work:
KBT Pure - iKBC Aluminum Case - MX Reds
Vortex Poker II - Frosty on Lime Acrylic Case - MX Clears

Offline cherpalla

Still in production! It's got another 5-7 days estimated.
c h e r

Offline PandaSPUR

Thanks! Getting closer  :)
Home:
Work:

Offline cherpalla

Thanks! Getting closer  :)

NP :D
c h e r

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
these look great. will be ordering after pay day hopefully

Offline cherpalla

:thumb: Feel free to order now and pay me when you're ready so I can get it into production. The metal ones take several weeks.
c h e r

Offline taylordcraig

:thumb: Feel free to order now and pay me when you're ready so I can get it into production. The metal ones take several weeks.

Ordered black matte steel.
Will probably get more when I'm feeling richer. How long will this be going on for?

Offline cherpalla

Will probably get more when I'm feeling richer. How long will this be going on for?

Until the Nate Walter's Memorial 5k. :)
c h e r

Offline tgujay

Where is that happening?
Gotta collect them all

Offline cherpalla

Where is that happening?

October 8th

For info: http://wilmothighschool.com/2014/06/2nd-annual-nate-walter-5k/

Feel free to paypal me a donation directly if you don't want a key but would still like to contribute to our donation. Or, you can also mail one to the address directly they list for registration as well. :)
c h e r

Offline cherpalla

Just an update on unpaid invoices, I have to make a new PayPal account and send out new invoices. PayPal once again is asking me for personal information I don't want to give them and won't let me use my account until I do. >.>
c h e r

Offline taylordcraig

I'm sorry to hear that. Would it help if I paid?
I should be getting my cheque today.

Offline cherpalla

I'm sorry to hear that. Would it help if I paid?
I should be getting my cheque today.

Just pay when you're able, before shipping  :thumb:
c h e r

Offline cherpalla

Just a reminder that I will be ending production of these on October 7th.  :cool:
c h e r

Offline taylordcraig

Hey I have money now but I can't find my invoice. I got buried in my paypal and I can't find it anywhere.
If someone could let me know how I can pull up unpaid stuff or something that would be cool otherwise I guess I need a new invoice. xD

Offline cherpalla

Hey I have money now but I can't find my invoice. I got buried in my paypal and I can't find it anywhere.
If someone could let me know how I can pull up unpaid stuff or something that would be cool otherwise I guess I need a new invoice. xD

Sent a reminder to your email, the link should be in there. :D
c h e r

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Finally placed my order for two SmallFry CapCaps.  :)  Excited to see one in person!

Offline cherpalla

Finally placed my order for two SmallFry CapCaps.  :)  Excited to see one in person!

:thumb:
c h e r

Offline pas008

I want the star one, interested in steel mario, and wondering about a custom

Offline cherpalla

I want the star one, interested in steel mario, and wondering about a custom

PM me  :thumb:
c h e r

Offline cherpalla

I have two outstanding invoices that are in production that need to be paid. Please keep in mind if you don't pay for these it comes out of my pocket, both for the caps and the donations.

Also, this is the last week to order!! Orders close on Tuesday!
c h e r

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
I don't really have any money this paycheck, but if the invoices go unpaid, I'll cover one key in two weeks for you.

Offline cherpalla

I don't really have any money this paycheck, but if the invoices go unpaid, I'll cover one key in two weeks for you.

:thumb: thanks, I'll let you know!
c h e r

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
Just an update on unpaid invoices, I have to make a new PayPal account and send out new invoices. PayPal once again is asking me for personal information I don't want to give them and won't let me use my account until I do. >.>

taxes. pp will probably find you and do the same again. iirc anything near 20k and paypal starts asking.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
Paid the invoice! Sorry for the delay...
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline cherpalla

taxes. pp will probably find you and do the same again. iirc anything near 20k and paypal starts asking.

If that was the reason I would give them the info, it's definitely not though.
c h e r

Offline cherpalla

Paid the invoice! Sorry for the delay...

Thanks ^_^
c h e r

Offline PandaSPUR

Do you have a secret admirer at paypal or something? lol
Home:
Work:

Offline cherpalla

Do you have a secret admirer at paypal or something? lol

LOL No... it's a long story related to being linked to my mom because she used my personal information. A lot.
c h e r

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
Any updates on this?

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
Any updates on this?
Got some info via skype, and there was a problem with the production apperantly and delayed the whole process.
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline pas008

would like a new update

Offline cherpalla

Hi everyone, sorry for the delay in updates. I had emergency abdominal surgery followed with a nasty sinus infection that spread into my ENT and lungs. There is a new pending shipment date of December 4th for the replacement order. Fingers crossed and will let everyone know when they are at my home!
c h e r

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
emergency abdominal surgery followed with a nasty sinus infection that spread

Aarrrgghh!

I hope that everything is working itself out.

Don't worry about keyboards until you feel at least 80%-90% and maybe wait some more after that.

Best, Harry
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline pas008

any news here?

Offline kalrand

Why is it whenever people go silent when they have other people's money, the reason is always "I was in the hospital for $Something_Horrible. There's a delay!" I'm not saying there's funny business going on here, but it's ... a pattern.
My 122 key Model M was born on July 25th, 1988.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Why is it whenever people go silent when they have other people's money, the reason is always "I was in the hospital for $Something_Horrible. There's a delay!" I'm not saying there's funny business going on here, but it's ... a pattern.

There's a thread for that actually https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=63869.0

Also cherpalla hope things are going better for you.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator

Because that's kind of the only reason to go silent on here.  Other delays don't cause silence like being in a hospital does.  And then people notice this and think something's up whenever it happens.  But really we just forget about all the buys that go smoothly, and only remember the ones with issues.  I'm not accusing you of complaining or anything, I just think it's a (fairly) logical explanation.

Offline kalrand

There's a thread for that actually https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=63869.0

Also cherpalla hope things are going better for you.

I don't think there is a question imaginable that we don't have a thread for.
My 122 key Model M was born on July 25th, 1988.

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
Because that's kind of the only reason to go silent on here.  Other delays don't cause silence like being in a hospital does.  And then people notice this and think something's up whenever it happens.  But really we just forget about all the buys that go smoothly, and only remember the ones with issues.  I'm not accusing you of complaining or anything, I just think it's a (fairly) logical explanation.

Her twitter does seem fairly active, though.  Still hoping for the best for those involved.

Offline cherpalla

Hi everyone! Keycaps are here (and my order from Sprit, same day!)! Nothing is broken! I will be painting this week and next week. Anticipating getting everything out by mid-late January.

If anyone has questions about what has been going on in my personal life, I'm open to answering questionsi. I am going to be moving again in February amongst the chaos, so I will be doing my absolute best to get these out before then. I have to go out of town the first week of January for family stuff, but it should only be for a few days.

Cher

Edit: Keep in mind I do not get email notifications on replies to this thread, only for direct messages.
c h e r

Offline pas008

thx for the update

hope things get better for you

Offline cherpalla

thx for the update

hope things get better for you

can only hope I'm making the right decision and things get better because of it. :/
c h e r

Offline cherpalla

Hi guys, just wanted to give you an update. I am in the process of painting the plastic keys, and I am hoping to start mailing them out before I move again in 2 weeks. The metal keycaps upon inspection had stems that had been printed improperly, so unfortunately I had to reorder them with a new design. I won't have them back before I move, but finishing those for rust prevention will not take long. Barring that this next set has a problem, too, we are looking at late February delivery for metals and early for plastics (possibly in January, I will TRY MY BEST). I will be mailing in order of the orders placed.

To a new start and the purchase of ACRYLIC materials.
c h e r

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
Hi guys, just wanted to give you an update. I am in the process of painting the plastic keys, and I am hoping to start mailing them out before I move again in 2 weeks. The metal keycaps upon inspection had stems that had been printed improperly, so unfortunately I had to reorder them with a new design. I won't have them back before I move, but finishing those for rust prevention will not take long. Barring that this next set has a problem, too, we are looking at late February delivery for metals and early for plastics (possibly in January, I will TRY MY BEST). I will be mailing in order of the orders placed.

To a new start and the purchase of ACRYLIC materials.

Thanks for the update!   :)   Appreciate everything you're doing here.

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
Thank you for the update cherpalla and for your attention to detail. I'm sure that these keys will be worth the wait.  :thumb: