Author Topic: Best wireless mouse?  (Read 16201 times)

Offline WTFGoD

Best wireless mouse?
« on: Sun, 26 April 2015, 09:02:44 »
Wires on my current setup are getting in the way. Ideally I would like to get a wireless mouse, currently coming from a g9x. Would like something that has:
1) Good shape to it
2) Side forward/back buttons
3) Preferably with good battery life and being reasonably cheap.(not $100)
4) Solid/heavy construction
(In order of importance)

Seems a lot of wireless mice have some questionable reviews.

Best one I found review wise was:

http://www.amazon.com/AGPtek-E-3lue-E-blue-Wireless-Optical/dp/B00FWJFKPO/ref=sr_1_8?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1430056364&sr=1-8&keywords=wireless+mice

Ugly as hell though...

Help me before I get this terribly ugly mouse please.

Also...umm, tangent, are there any reasonably priced bluetooth keyboards on the way? #blasphemy
...would consider moding.

Offline awhitedev

Re: Best wireless mouse?
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 26 April 2015, 14:53:31 »
Best wireless mouse I've ever owned is the Logitech Marathon Mouse M705:

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless-Marathon-3-year-Battery/dp/B003TG75EG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1430077791&sr=8-1&keywords=logitech+marathon+mouse

It's a simple mouse... but it has everything you need. It has the forward / back buttons and a latching / unlatching scroll wheel. It's battery life is phenomenal! The original batteries that came with it will last for a year or more.. and that's using it 8+ hours a day! They advertise the batteries lasting 3 years... and I wouldn't doubt it if you used it a lot less than 8 hours a day.

Offline Dreamre

• kbdlife
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 26 April 2015, 19:07:02 »
Try googling the MX Master by Logitech. Looks promising. Apparently, it has 40 days of battery life on one charge.

Offline WTFGoD

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 26 April 2015, 19:36:40 »
Try googling the MX Master by Logitech. Looks promising. Apparently, it has 40 days of battery life on one charge.

It's also 100$ and has some questionable reviews. The other mice have better reviews and cost 1/5 the price. (Although I do think the side wheel looks neat.)

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless-Marathon-3-year-Battery/dp/B003TG75EG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1430077791&sr=8-1&keywords=logitech+marathon+mouse

It's a simple mouse... but it has everything you need. It has the forward / back buttons and a latching / unlatching scroll wheel. It's battery life is phenomenal! The original batteries that came with it will last for a year or more.. and that's using it 8+ hours a day! They advertise the batteries lasting 3 years... and I wouldn't doubt it if you used it a lot less than 8 hours a day.

Seems nice, looks a bit small though. After a bit more looking, these are the best reviewed ones I could find.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K6B7KJM?psc=1

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SWF650E/

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SYCGEW4?psc=1

http://www.amazon.com/E-3lue-EMS601WHAA-2-4GHz-Optical-Wireless/dp/B00RLLURZO/

Offline awhitedev

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 26 April 2015, 20:04:44 »

It's also 100$ and has some questionable reviews. The other mice have better reviews and cost 1/5 the price. (Although I do think the side wheel looks neat.)

Seems nice, looks a bit small though. After a bit more looking, these are the best reviewed ones I could find.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K6B7KJM?psc=1

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SWF650E/

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SYCGEW4?psc=1

http://www.amazon.com/E-3lue-EMS601WHAA-2-4GHz-Optical-Wireless/dp/B00RLLURZO/

Yes, the Logitech marathon is a tad smaller than most desktop mice. My hand is a little less than 8 inches from the base of my palm to the end of my middle finger and this mouse fits just fine in my hand. I suppose it would depend on how you hold your mice though. I hold my mice with a fingertip grip... so  if you grab your mice with a claw or palm grip you may have more issues if you have large hands.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 05:02:21 »

I've got mine coming in this week, according to Logitech Australia giving me notice about it.  So YES I'm still a stupid Logitech-ho addicted to their dodgy-arse products till the day I die  :'( .

Offline fknraiden

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 05:05:50 »
the palm grip took some getting used to coming from a steel series, but i love my logitech g602

IBM SSK 87'     ReAlForce 55g Silent 10AE

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 06:47:51 »
If whatever you're interacting with is functionally dependent upon "electricity"

You're not going to get much faster than Copper at short distances..

Speed is EVERYTHING.. 

Offline WTFGoD

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 08:37:36 »
the palm grip took some getting used to coming from a steel series, but i love my logitech g602

Looks pretty, added it to the list.

If whatever you're interacting with is functionally dependent upon "electricity"

You're not going to get much faster than Copper at short distances..

Speed is EVERYTHING.. 

No, completely irrelevant.

The issue is not primarily dependent on the speed of the signal, the only thing that matters is that the signal is faster than our ability to perceive delay.

For example, lets say a wireless mouse took .0005 seconds to relay a signal and a wired mouse took .00000000001 seconds to relay the same signal, even though the wired mouse is 50000000 times faster it is still completely irrelevant if our ability to perceive delays between an action and an event is say .2 seconds. They would be functionally equivalent even though there is a huge difference between them.

TL: DR - Are you lost?

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 08:44:21 »
tp actually has a point, although in a bit different way. The mouse has to be powered somehow. If it's wireless, but not inductive or something, it saves power by going to sleep every now and then… waking up may cause some lag though.

It's a matter of balancing responsiveness and battery life. Most wireless mice don't do that very well.

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 12:03:12 »
Logitech G602
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline Khers

• Schrödinger's box
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 13:57:19 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 July 2018, 08:02:59 by Khers »

Offline zombimuncha

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 14:11:26 »
Ye Olde MX1000e Wirelesse Gaminge Mouse can be yours for only $273.99 + $4.99 shipping

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-MX1000-Laser-Cordless-Mouse/dp/B0002UM0JW

It's overpriced because it's discontinued, but... mine's still working. It's basically indestructible. Also has the best, most accurate tracking of any mouse I've ever tried.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 14:15:03 »

Ye Olde MX1000e Wirelesse Gaminge Mouse can be yours for only $273.99 + $4.99 shipping

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-MX1000-Laser-Cordless-Mouse/dp/B0002UM0JW

It's overpriced because it's discontinued, but... mine's still working. It's basically indestructible. Also has the best, most accurate tracking of any mouse I've ever tried.

I've had one for forever. I mean years and years and years. So long I don't remember. It rocks.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 28 April 2015, 12:31:21 »
G602.

Absolutely amazing. I've had it for 9 months and changed the batteries once.

Offline Tiramisuu

« Reply #15 on: Tue, 28 April 2015, 17:55:07 »
G700s is very nice.  My favourite so far.

I am incredibly tempted by the MX Master.  If my G700s wasn't so new I would pick up the MX Master immediately.

Very precise.  works on any surface, smooth, great clicking on all buttons.
Keyboard error F1 to continue.

Poker 2, Gherkin, Lets Split, Planck, Filco

Offline tbc

« Reply #16 on: Tue, 28 April 2015, 17:59:47 »

I am incredibly tempted by the MX Master.  If my G700s wasn't so new I would pick up the MX Master immediately.

g700s is spectacular.

i'm worried that the mx master will be driver crippled during games though.
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 23:49:28 »

what's the polling rate on the mx master ?

if it's 125..... then IDK bout gaming.

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • All the truth in the world is held in stories.
« Reply #18 on: Sat, 02 May 2015, 00:31:21 »
Anywhere MX.
null

Offline Axollott

« Reply #19 on: Sat, 02 May 2015, 01:16:46 »
Anywhere MX.
I will order the 3rd warranty replacement because the switches fail,  they are not Omrons like in most logitech's. It is beautiful but too small to have decent ergonomics. Finger grabbing is the only way to use it.

Offline tbc

« Reply #20 on: Sat, 02 May 2015, 01:18:25 »
Anywhere MX.
I will order the 3rd warranty replacement because the switches fail,  they are not Omrons like in most logitech's. It is beautiful but too small to have decent ergonomics. Finger grabbing is the only way to use it.

ya, GREAT mobile mouse, but on your permanent desk, you can do better.

the grip obviously depends on size of hand, i can claw it no problem.

ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline Axollott

« Reply #21 on: Sat, 02 May 2015, 14:21:56 »
Anywhere MX.

It's still not solidly built, I'm really careful with my stuff. But as a positive side, Logitech's costumer support is supreme. 3 yr warranty is also a plus.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 28 May 2015, 01:37:58 »
Anywhere MX.

It's still not solidly built, I'm really careful with my stuff. But as a positive side, Logitech's costumer support is supreme. 3 yr warranty is also a plus.

If you want a SOLID wireless mouse, you can't go wrong with the current MX Master model.

Got it delivered today and it seems quite nice.  Fits my paw easily and it works nicely on the desktop, although this model is STRICTLY for all desktop activities so no Gaming is allowed, because it's suitable only for business and quiet home like usage  :thumb: .

Just currently using it for email reading and sending and it's been perfect thus far.  Because they (Logitech) stuck to a traditional mouse body I can see this baby being used like street walker for some time to come.

Offline wetto

• Brazil's Keyboard Enthusiasts Representative
    • Portuguese Mechanical Keyboard Guide
« Reply #23 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 08:32:27 »
If you play games, you can't go wrong with the Logitech G602, although it does have a chronic issue on its middle button, which stops working for me every 8-9 months and I'm on the second RMA already due to it (that square thingie with a white tip, right next to the optical encoder and the left button OMRON switch):

Anyways, I just wish Logitech would use better quality switches on their mid button, it's always been like that... G9x, G500, G700, G402... All use crap :(
My collection:
More
Mice: Logitech G602, CM Storm Recon, CM Storm Spawn, Razer Naga, Ozone Radon Opto, Corsair M60, Tesoro Gandiva, CM Storm Alcor, Mionix Naos 8200.
Keyboards: Matias Secure Pro, Matias Mini Quiet Pro, custom modded Metadot Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown, Costar), CM Storm Trigger (MX Brown), Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Red), Tesoro Lobera G5NFL Supreme, CM Storm Devastator.
Soon: CM Storm Quick Fire TK (MX Brown), CM Storm Trigger Z.
Boards I don't own anymore: CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid (MX Black), Logitech K800 (Membrane), Logitech G710+ (MX Brown), Thermaltake Meka G-Unit (MX Black), Corsair K70 (MX Red).
Mice I don't own anymore: Logitech G9x MW3, Corsair M65, Logitech G700, Roccat Kone Pure.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #24 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 15:01:41 »
The MX Master is a fantastic mouse, but it's not quite gaming grade. If that's not an issue definitely save the extra scrilla points for it. Otherwise if you game, I'll echo the other comments and suggest the G602. Absolutely love it.

Offline greekplaya990

« Reply #25 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 08:05:05 »
I love my Steel Series Wireless Mouse. I picked up a Logitech g700 and the Razer Ouroboros to try out and returned the both of them since I liked my existing Steel Series. I feel like it's way better made than the both of them and it's a shame that Logitech doesnt make their high end MX line as nice as they used to or I'd recommend that.

Offline fishcola

« Reply #26 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 18:40:44 »
One more vote for the logitech g602! It has six navigation buttons, You can assign them to pretty much anything with the logitech software, and the bindings are stored on the mouse, which is very convenient! For example i have, tabprevious, tabnext, browser back, browser forward, pgup, and pgdn assigned to them. I usually don't consider gaming peripherals when shopping for input devices, but I'm glad I took a chance on the 602. R

Regarding battery life: I got around 5months of usage on a pair of AA's (runs on 2xAA's). The mouse has some sort of synthetic texture on its sides, specifically where your thumb and ringfinger & pinky end up resting. It has a nice texture that you get used to very quickly. All the friends I've shown it to have responded positively to it.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #27 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 01:23:53 »
For wireless mice, if you expect it to last, there is maybe 4 or 5 companies to even consider. Logitech and MS being two of the big ones. If you want to game, then your options are even less. Most wireless mice are garbage, and when it comes to gaming a lot have quite a bit of lag, or they lack precision.

If you want to game with a wireless mouse, be darn sure it's a wireless mouse designed for gaming, from a major company and you need to accept the fact that it will eat batteries. Gaming sensors and low lag wireless systems need power, some are better than others, but there is always a tradeoff.

While I like the Logitech Master, it's not a gaming mouse, it's a high end power user's mouse.  It's probably going to lack high speed precision, high DPI and it may not respond as fast. It doesn't need to. You don't care about super high refresh and that tiny microsecond when you are just browsing the net. On the other hand, a G700 is going to chew through batteries, I put a 2400mah battery in mine, and it lasts about 18 hours, but I crank up the refresh and dpi rate.

I would imagine the G602 is probably going to be the best option as a good compromise.

Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #28 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 01:35:00 »
I love my Steel Series Wireless Mouse. I picked up a Logitech g700 and the Razer Ouroboros to try out and returned the both of them since I liked my existing Steel Series. I feel like it's way better made than the both of them and it's a shame that Logitech doesnt make their high end MX line as nice as they used to or I'd recommend that.
While I agree, the G700 may look and feel like a step back, inside, mechanically and electronically, it's absolutely top notch (the wheel is arguable).

The same applies to the MX Performance (which I hate), looks like a step back from the Revolution (again the wheel is debatable), but again, inside the mouse is really well made.  In this case though I would rather take a Revolution or give the new Master a try over the Performance.

The sad part, is Logitech probably only saved 10cents per mouse making them look cheap.
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline Syribo

• I like coffee and pink things.
« Reply #29 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 19:38:03 »
Another vote for the G602 :) I love mine. Got it months ago, and still really really happy with my purchase. The batteries last me a pretty long time, I love all the buttons, and it actually feels good in my hand.

Ducky Shine 4        CM Storm QFR

Offline snarfarlarkus

« Reply #30 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 00:55:34 »
Tried my friends G602, almost as comfy as my Naos and its wireless. Awesome mouse

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #31 on: Mon, 14 September 2015, 16:03:16 »
For those wondering the difference between the G700 and G700 I have answers.
My G700 left mouse button died the other day (it's awaiting repair), so I went and grabbed a new G700s (cheap at Best buy). I thought they were identical, they are not.

The G700S model has a much higher DPI, 8200 vs. 5700 and quite a bit more efficient. There's also mention of lighting in the config, but I've never seen it, it may be in reference to a keyboard, but it's not clear. My G700 needs half the report rate and a 2700mah battery to last as long as the G700s with the stock 1900mah battery, about 15 hours of hard use (5700dpi@1000rps). Install a big 2700mah in the S and you could probably get another 5 hours. With lower rates, which most people use, you could go several days on a charge.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline dummytim

• Keyboards = Life
« Reply #32 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 16:52:04 »
I would go with the MX Master. It's an amazing mouse with it's size and weight. Battery life is decent as well since it lasts me weeks before I need to charge it. The only annoying thing is that it would randomly die on me and not warn me about the low battery.

I do also own a Razer Mamba 2012, but I don't think that after using the MX Master.

I bought my MX Master brand new off Craigslist for CDN$75. Which is like USD$50 or something like that, so it's totally possible to find this mouse for under $100

Offline pnoozi

« Reply #33 on: Mon, 30 November 2015, 15:05:40 »
I owned the G700 and it sucked, majorly.  Too heavy, and tracked horribly on my black cloth pad.  Has anyone tried the Sensei Wireless?
CM Storm QuickFire Rapid (Red)

Offline fknraiden

« Reply #34 on: Mon, 30 November 2015, 15:38:05 »
g602 is the answer you are looking for. have never noticed and lag or other input delay. batteries last forever.

IBM SSK 87'     ReAlForce 55g Silent 10AE

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #35 on: Mon, 30 November 2015, 16:30:18 »
Does some one has used the [size=21px !important]Etekcity Scroll M910 Wireless Vertical Mouse?[/size][/font]

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #36 on: Tue, 01 December 2015, 02:23:48 »
I owned the G700 and it sucked, majorly.  Too heavy, and tracked horribly on my black cloth pad.  Has anyone tried the Sensei Wireless?
While I can't say much about the weight (it's wireless, it has a battery....), some sensors work better on different pads. I have some mice that work well on glass (despite not claiming to), while others worked great on cheap cloth they worked great on fine cloth, others just the opposite (works great on rough, terrible on fine). The G700's sensor is quite precise, which I think is part of the problem, the fibers always shed a teeny bit and it's able to pick them up. It was one reason I tried a hard pad, I got tired of it acting up, once I did, it became fantastic.

As far as weight goes, again pad surface can reduce the weight feel of a mouse.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline Fiery

• Click Clack Clock and a nice Thock
« Reply #37 on: Tue, 01 December 2015, 02:57:27 »
for gaming dont get a wireless, the MX master is great for everything but gaming in my opinion and so I use my G400s for that and I am happy with that. I have a comfortable mouse I use when I browse, video edit, play around with 3d modelling (the MX master) and I have a great light mouse for accurate game movement.(G400S)
I will say that I havent tried the G602 but on the subject this is my 2 cents.
TP4 fanboy

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #38 on: Thu, 03 December 2015, 04:32:43 »
I have no problems gaming with the 700s, just make sure it's a gaming wireless or you may get some lag.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #39 on: Thu, 03 December 2015, 08:18:44 »
As many people have said the Logitech G602 is a wonderful wireless mouse. It takes AA batteries making it easy to get new batteries if your mouse dies. I've had my mouse since September and I have yet to have to change the battery.
HHKB Pro 1| Poker 2(MX Browns)| Leopold FC200R (MX Blue)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Yup, that tasted purple" -Lulu

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/138889771@N05/

Offline BigDov

« Reply #40 on: Thu, 03 December 2015, 22:53:33 »
I'm loving the MX Master...... seems like the spiritual successor to my old MX Revolution, in a lot of ways. Haven't quite seen 40 days out of a single battery charge, but I'm on my computer all day, every day for work (development / coding), so I'm not surprised by that. Got about 2 weeks out of the first charge which I didn't feel was bad for the usage.

For me, with large-ish hands, this thing is basically amazing. After using it for a while, it's really easy to justify the $90 I spent on it from Amazon, and even easier to recommend it whole-heartedly to others. GREAT mouse.
ergodox w/ MX Blues & Granite R4 + grifiti wrist rests || CM Storm QFR w/ Reds & black PBT laser-etched caps

Offline jamster

« Reply #41 on: Fri, 04 December 2015, 01:22:01 »
Logitech MX Anywhere 2 if you like smaller (but still well built, hefty) mice for claw/fingertip grip.

Offline Fiery

• Click Clack Clock and a nice Thock
« Reply #42 on: Mon, 07 December 2015, 02:44:32 »
I'm loving the MX Master...... seems like the spiritual successor to my old MX Revolution, in a lot of ways. Haven't quite seen 40 days out of a single battery charge, but I'm on my computer all day, every day for work (development / coding), so I'm not surprised by that. Got about 2 weeks out of the first charge which I didn't feel was bad for the usage.

For me, with large-ish hands, this thing is basically amazing. After using it for a while, it's really easy to justify the $90 I spent on it from Amazon, and even easier to recommend it whole-heartedly to others. GREAT mouse.
I havent counted the days but I have had it for months and charged it maybe 3-4 times.
TP4 fanboy

Offline Sniping

« Reply #43 on: Mon, 07 December 2015, 19:40:21 »
I exceed the max sensor speed on my G602 a lot when I play CSGO, but it's been a great mouse to use other than that. CSGO is unplayable for me on the endurance setting, but on the performance mode with 500Hz polling it's fine to use. The cursor moves down slightly when I do a 180 but it's correctable and nbd.

Offline alexjd99

• oozing through the cells of one's own construction
« Reply #44 on: Mon, 07 December 2015, 19:43:41 »
I like my Performance MX. It's very similar to the Master, but I'm sure they're both great choices. The Master does have some nicer features though, like multiple device connections. And it looks nicer IMO

Offline kebby

« Reply #45 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 07:09:04 »
I've gone through a few wireless mice. Unless something has changed, I'd stay away from bluetooth and in general I'd stay away from Razer mice, wireless or wired. A wireless Logitech G700 is what I've been on for multiple years now. The mouse is well built and the wireless functionality works well enough for me to not notice it in the small amount of gaming I do.

Is Steelseries quality better than Razer? That's one brand that I've never even used myself.

Offline Solo

• Unreal
« Reply #46 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 10:09:04 »
I've gone through a few wireless mice. Unless something has changed, I'd stay away from bluetooth and in general I'd stay away from Razer mice, wireless or wired. A wireless Logitech G700 is what I've been on for multiple years now. The mouse is well built and the wireless functionality works well enough for me to not notice it in the small amount of gaming I do.

Is Steelseries quality better than Razer? That's one brand that I've never even used myself.

Overall, Steelseries mice have better build quality than Razer. They don't have that hollow, empty feel that most Razer mice I've tried, have (Abyssus V1, Deathadder, Mamba).

Offline Burt Macklin

« Reply #47 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 08:56:17 »
One more vote for G602. It's quite brilliant, despite looking odd - I wasn't sure what to expect as my previous mouse was G9 (so, smaller and of completely different shape), but figured what the Hell, I'll give it a go. And I'm not sorry, been using it for the past 2 years or so (I think?) and I'm very, very happy with it.

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #48 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 11:04:03 »
I love my Logitech MX Revolution mouse. My issue with it is interference with the wireless card when i'm doing heavy downloading or LAN transferring it loses connection to the PC.
-Dana

Offline Burt Macklin

« Reply #49 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 11:15:21 »
Looses connection completely, or just starts acting weird? I know there's an issue with USB3.0 interference (the solution is to move Logitech receiver to an USB 2.0 port that is as far as possible from 3.0), which I'm experiencing as well.
« Last Edit: Tue, 12 January 2016, 12:16:55 by Burt Macklin »