Author Topic: [GB] KIRA80 & KIRA S  (Read 273706 times)

Offline Carlobv

Re: [GB] KIRA80 & KIRA S
« Reply #100 on: Thu, 05 July 2018, 08:51:07 »
Are we able to make changes to the plate via the email as well?

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #101 on: Thu, 05 July 2018, 09:19:42 »

Yes that's possible as well.

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY im on of the 4 people who can purchase the numpad <3

If i knew that the price was in SGD and not in USD i would have surely bought the keyboard as well.

FeelsBadMan

It's in USD, it's just that we can only operate with SGD due to Shopify's rules so the final invoice will be in SGD, which has been updated :P

http://monokei.co

Jane v2 | Jane v2 CE | Police | EXENT | KFE | KFE CE | Singa R1 | Jaguar | HHKB | Custom G80-3000 | Dalco 959mini | Haus | Kei | Hiro | Hidari | Tomo | Neko | Prophet | MXSS | TKL One | RS

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #102 on: Thu, 05 July 2018, 09:28:20 »

If i knew that the price was in SGD and not in USD i would have surely bought the keyboard as well.

FeelsBadMan

It's in USD, it's just that we can only operate with SGD due to Shopify's rules so the final invoice will be in SGD, which has been updated :P

I dont follow this at all - will the invoice not be through paypal?

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #103 on: Thu, 05 July 2018, 09:28:59 »

FeelsBadMan

I dont follow this at all - will the invoice not be through paypal?

No, he said our payments will be through shopify

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #104 on: Thu, 05 July 2018, 10:52:43 »
out of curiosity, will the boards be numbered?

Offline att1cus

• * Maker
« Reply #105 on: Thu, 05 July 2018, 10:58:15 »

This would be awesome if they were.  Just sayin'.   ;)

Offline SBN

« Reply #106 on: Thu, 05 July 2018, 11:49:35 »
Invoices are on their way.

Order check:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aJPiKcVXqn3kYnqi3HZB2s5vghpjEPG00ouqo0y4VCQ/edit?usp=sharing

Please reply to the email you'll receive if you would like Winkey or Winkeyless, thanks.

Also as an addendum, we're sending out invoices in batches. If you've not received yours don't panic, we will send out the rest by the weekend and can probably extend the payment deadline if needed.

Awesome! Really looking forward to the board! :)

Are there any pictures or renders of a WKL Kira80?

This would be awesome if they were.  Just sayin'.   ;)

Second this!  :thumb:

Offline Jimmare

« Reply #107 on: Thu, 05 July 2018, 12:29:15 »

FeelsBadMan

[/quote]

Actually you send me a paypal through 200SGD then changed it. I feel like i tackled myself. If i hadnt mentioned that, i might just saved myself like 50$.

Now it really FeelsBadMan.

I've sent an email about shipping the second i got my ''winning'' email but no answer even tho a new invoice was sent. :'(

Offline Bubblegum

« Reply #108 on: Thu, 05 July 2018, 12:34:06 »
So happy I made the list this time! Wasn't lucky enough for the Kira60 :)

Thanks for running the GB and congrats to all the other raffle winners!

Offline Anniesherin

« Reply #109 on: Thu, 05 July 2018, 22:41:11 »
[redacted]

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #110 on: Thu, 05 July 2018, 23:29:47 »
Can you post some details about the PCB, like programmability or other features   ? Can I use another PCB in this case ?(like if there is a list of compatible PCBs somewhere ?)   I want to know If I should get another, in case there is any issues in the future.

Also is the PCB switch ready  (resistors and smd components if any soldered ) ?
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 July 2018, 00:01:10 by coffeeshopcoder »

Offline superdoedoe

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Reply #111 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 00:45:58 »
Can you post some details about the PCB, like programmability or other features   ? Can I use another PCB in this case ?(like if there is a list of compatible PCBs somewhere ?)   I want to know If I should get another, in case there is any issues in the future.

Also is the PCB switch ready  (resistors and smd components if any soldered ) ?

1.PCB is (should be) full programable using BMC (Bootmapper Client).

2. Don't think you can use other pcbs with the case sorry.

3. PCB just needs switches soldered in.

Most of this info can be found in his original post.

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #112 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 01:20:09 »

you should be able to use most a.87 compatible PCBs with this case, that leaves you some good replacement options for this case.

Rumor is that the PCB is the same PCB that was created by Yuktsi for the TGR Jane, if this rumor is correct (topside, right USB) then it is indeed a.87 form factor.

But we are still in the dark about what exactly is going on with the PCB. beamingrobot should be able to provide a smidge more detail about the PCB soon i would assume....

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #113 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 01:44:45 »

you should be able to use most a.87 compatible PCBs with this case, that leaves you some good replacement options for this case.

Rumor is that the PCB is the same PCB that was created by Yuktsi for the TGR Jane, if this rumor is correct (topside, right USB) then it is indeed a.87 form factor.

But we are still in the dark about what exactly is going on with the PCB. beamingrobot should be able to provide a smidge more detail about the PCB soon i would assume....

He said in the IC that the pcb would be a custom size and would not have easily viable replacements available outside the gb

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #114 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 01:58:59 »
PCB is being designed by yuktsi, although the board itself was designed based on Leeku's TKL PCB design file, so a TX87-L3(?) fits. I did ask yuktsi to flip the spacebar stabs orientation for the group buy.

"haters are confused admirers"

Offline OracleKev

« Reply #115 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 02:26:44 »
I did ask yuktsi to flip the spacebar stabs orientation for the group buy.

Why the flip? IMO, it's more convenient to service SPC stabs (pop the wire out to straighten it, lube it, etc.) the way it is.

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #116 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 02:28:09 »
PCB is being designed by yuktsi, although the board itself was designed based on Leeku's TKL PCB design file, so a TX87-L3(?) fits. I did ask yuktsi to flip the spacebar stabs orientation for the group buy.
You mean this ?
https://www.txkeyboards.com/en/products/pcb-various-tkl-us-detail

I'm trying to see if I will need to order a second pcb or not. If this fits, then it looks like this will be cheaper too...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Offline OracleKev

« Reply #117 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 02:42:39 »
You mean this ?
https://www.txkeyboards.com/en/products/pcb-various-tkl-us-detail

I'm trying to see if I will need to order a second pcb or not. If this fits, then it looks like this will be cheaper too...

That is TX87 L3.  If SPC stabs are flipped it may not fit with the plate though.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #118 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 02:43:08 »

Why the flip? IMO, it's more convenient to service SPC stabs (pop the wire out to straighten it, lube it, etc.) the way it is.
So I can use the PCB with my other TKL.

Offline OracleKev

« Reply #119 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 03:05:12 »

I personally don't care that much, but I think you are better off sourcing PCB separately for your other TKL.
Flipping the SPC stab orientation makes this keyboard worse off in terms of PCB compatibility and stab serviceability.
There really is no reason to flip the orientation unless you have a board with super compact bezel.
I have a couple of Duck boards with bent SPC wires that drives me crazy but I just live with them :( because I don't want to de-solder bunch of switches.

Just my 2 cents.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #120 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 03:14:40 »

I personally don't care that much, but I think you are better off sourcing PCB separately for your other TKL.
Flipping the SPC stab orientation makes this keyboard worse off in terms of PCB compatibility and stab serviceability.
There really is no reason to flip the orientation unless you have a board with super compact bezel.
I have a couple of Duck boards with bent SPC wires that drives me crazy but I just live with them :( because I don't want to de-solder bunch of switches.

Just my 2 cents.
One can order from TX if they wanted that orientation, I don't like the extra space it takes up. I understand what you're saying, but this is what I decided.

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #121 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 03:17:28 »
One can order from TX if they wanted that orientation

Does that mean a TX87-L3 from TX will be compatible with the case ?

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #122 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 03:25:54 »

Yes.

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #123 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 10:57:06 »

Yes.

So then if the TX87 (TKL87 L3) fits, then a large amount of other PCB's should fit in it. for those interested see the master TKL compatibility list here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GpM--fKeDw_tIDZj4m2jmbMavSyXeOu3QHzfTJwz-IM the kira 80 is listed already on it.

As for north/south stab wire orientation, OracleKev presents some valid points. Besides ease of serviceability, one of the main factors about south stab wires is that its way less noisy/rattly. But if thesiscamper is saying that the plate will support both north and south spc stab wires (by confirming that tx87 fits) then we still have options to get that south stab wire with some other pcb. Understandable decision if hes planning compatibility with another smaller bezzel case tho (any details on that project, thesiscamper?  ;D )

coffeeshopcoder, there are a few new a.87 PCB's that will be available by the time this board hits our doorsteps, it shouldnt be hard at all to get a new pcb for it then.

Offline Hamel

• KBDLAB
« Reply #124 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 20:09:08 »
Is email & invoicing still in progress? Been checking my mailbox sporadically and none so far.

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #125 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 20:12:26 »
Is email & invoicing still in progress? Been checking my mailbox sporadically and none so far.

Beamingrobot said he’s invoicing through the weekend

Offline JubJubCity

« Reply #126 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 20:13:10 »
I have also not received anything so i'm hoping sometime soon so I can spend this money

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #127 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 20:23:44 »

Yes.

So then if the TX87 (TKL87 L3) fits, then a large amount of other PCB's should fit in it. for those interested see the master TKL compatibility list here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GpM--fKeDw_tIDZj4m2jmbMavSyXeOu3QHzfTJwz-IM the kira 80 is listed already on it.

As for north/south stab wire orientation, OracleKev presents some valid points. Besides ease of serviceability, one of the main factors about south stab wires is that its way less noisy/rattly. But if thesiscamper is saying that the plate will support both north and south spc stab wires (by confirming that tx87 fits) then we still have options to get that south stab wire with some other pcb. Understandable decision if hes planning compatibility with another smaller bezzel case tho (any details on that project, thesiscamper?  ;D )

coffeeshopcoder, there are a few new a.87 PCB's that will be available by the time this board hits our doorsteps, it shouldnt be hard at all to get a new pcb for it then.

Yeah there's already an existing PCB if you want south stab wires, that's regularly stocked. I want the flexibility to make slimmer cases. By the way I'm usually replying on my phone so my responses are curt and to the point but like I said, I understand the convenience of being able to pull the wires to fix something that needs fixing, but we already have a readily available PCB for that. It ships by Korean EMS too (for international) so it's cheap and really fast, comparable to couriers. I'm not a huge fan of JigOn though, got a few 1800 PCBs messed up after some time for no apparent reason when every other PCB worked fine.

Offline OracleKev

« Reply #128 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 20:50:43 »

Yes.

Yeah there's already an existing PCB if you want south stab wires, that's regularly stocked. I want the flexibility to make slimmer cases. By the way I'm usually replying on my phone so my responses are curt and to the point but like I said, I understand the convenience of being able to pull the wires to fix something that needs fixing, but we already have a readily available PCB for that. It ships by Korean EMS too (for international) so it's cheap and really fast, comparable to couriers. I'm not a huge fan of JigOn though, got a few 1800 PCBs messed up after some time for no apparent reason when every other PCB worked fine.

@redbanshee Great summary!
@thesiscamper Makes sense.  And appreciate explaining the phone response thingy.
All good!

Offline schlep

« Reply #129 on: Sat, 07 July 2018, 08:58:39 »
How do I know I have been invoiced? Through email is it?

Offline foxmancore

« Reply #130 on: Sat, 07 July 2018, 13:09:28 »
Also haven’t received an invoice yet

Offline superdoedoe

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Reply #131 on: Sat, 07 July 2018, 16:42:14 »
No rush

Don't think they've started yet

Offline bciamny

« Reply #132 on: Sat, 07 July 2018, 20:23:12 »
No rush

they have started so be sure to check your spam folder, etc.

i believe beaming said at some point that invoices would be due by the 10th to ensure faster production.

Offline schlep

« Reply #133 on: Sat, 07 July 2018, 21:21:56 »
what is the name of the sender who emailed the invoice? I've checked my inbox and spam folders but I haven't received anything yet.

Offline JubJubCity

« Reply #134 on: Sat, 07 July 2018, 21:22:15 »
No rush

they have started so be sure to check your spam folder, etc.

i believe beaming said at some point that invoices would be due by the 10th to ensure faster production.
Damn really, checking now....
Nothing in spam, does any one have the email that beaming sends the invoice from?
« Last Edit: Sat, 07 July 2018, 21:23:51 by JubJubCity »

Offline att1cus

• * Maker
« Reply #135 on: Sat, 07 July 2018, 21:50:21 »
Also no invoice for me, checked all email folders including spam.  Hopefully soon, my PayPal is ready!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #136 on: Sat, 07 July 2018, 22:29:07 »
@beamingrobot - will you update the thread when invoices are out ?
No invoice for me as well... I was the first on the list..

« Last Edit: Sun, 08 July 2018, 01:40:49 by coffeeshopcoder »

Offline Jkush463

« Reply #137 on: Sun, 08 July 2018, 00:10:47 »
yeah no invoice here either. but i know he said there going out in batches and im last on the list. eagerly waiting.

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #138 on: Sun, 08 July 2018, 04:04:36 »
Hey friends, we're working with Shopify to finish up some things so that it'll go much more smoothly on our end, don't worry about the invoices yet, i'll post again once they're going out, and free to to send me a message if you would like to change something in your order or to add, I'll extend the payment deadline as well so hang tight :)

Jane v2 | Jane v2 CE | Police | EXENT | KFE | KFE CE | Singa R1 | Jaguar | HHKB | Custom G80-3000 | Dalco 959mini | Haus | Kei | Hiro | Hidari | Tomo | Neko | Prophet | MXSS | TKL One | RS

Offline quazikun

« Reply #139 on: Sun, 08 July 2018, 14:09:06 »
any plans for a round 2 in the future?

Offline att1cus

• * Maker
« Reply #140 on: Mon, 09 July 2018, 22:03:36 »
Anyone got an invoice just yet?

Offline JubJubCity

« Reply #141 on: Mon, 09 July 2018, 22:26:03 »

Beamings working on it, will post once the invoices start going out.

Offline Bubblegum

« Reply #142 on: Tue, 10 July 2018, 02:14:10 »

I received and paid mine thursday last week. Should I be worried?   :-X

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #143 on: Tue, 10 July 2018, 02:27:10 »

Worried about?

Offline Bubblegum

« Reply #144 on: Tue, 10 July 2018, 03:57:55 »

Worried about?

I guess worried is bit of a stretch. Just found it curious that no one else seems to have gotten theirs. The messaging here is that they are going to go out, but I already got it.

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #145 on: Tue, 10 July 2018, 04:08:39 »

Worried about?

I guess worried is bit of a stretch. Just found it curious that no one else seems to have gotten theirs. The messaging here is that they are going to go out, but I already got it.

I just think beaming is busy, I’m sure invoices will be wrapped up soon

Offline att1cus

• * Maker
« Reply #146 on: Wed, 11 July 2018, 01:25:53 »

Worried about?

I just think beaming is busy, I’m sure invoices will be wrapped up soon

My PayPal is ready, sempai

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #147 on: Wed, 11 July 2018, 03:13:45 »
Alright strap in boys and girls, this is gonna be a long post.

Dude, where's my invoice?

Firstly, for many here this might be your first or second group buy and it can seem odd that the invoices have stopped going out. Have they cancelled? Am I still on the list of participants?

In terms of group buy invoicing, if you've looked around for a payment processor that supports this mode of buying/selling you'll quickly find that most big name processors class this mode of transaction as "high-risk" , given the time required for the completion of the buy and how long it takes for the buyer to receive the product. Unfortunately, this includes every buyer's favourite website: PayPal. Given my phone conversations with PayPal, preoders are a grey area and they're not very open to hosting such GBs on their platform. If you'd look at the GBs that happen on GH it's quite common to see runners tellling the participants that their account has been frozen, and some buys have completely collapsed simply because PayPal does not officially support the GB model. In order to mitigate such an issue we've moved to Shopify where preorders are allowed, and we've used it for a couple of buys now.

However, last week while we were sending out invoices we received a notice that our account was put on hold. This has never happened after so many buys/keyset proxies, and so we complied with Shopify's request for more info. We've not heard back from them since then, and we've been trying to get their support to escalate our ticket. Unfortunately Shopify does not have a local phone number that we can call, and text support is rather minimal. We've had our ticket priority raised but that's all we have heard for now. We've decided to hold off invoicing any further in order to prevent money from being stuck, and as of today I still have no reply from them despite multiple emails.

What's next:

We're gonna give some more time before we make a decision, but here are a few likely scenarios:

1. We cancel the buy and refund those who've paid.

The GB dies, your dream of having the best TKL of 2018 dies with it. We all feel sad and start ****posting in this thread blaming capitalism and stuff like that, you get the idea. This is our last resort only if we cannot find a way to get the boards to you.

2. We move to another processor.

We've been trying to work it out with other payment processors behind the scenes, and quite frankly before this incident Shopify was our best platform since they had consistent payout and charged acceptable fees. We've all heard so many horror stories about PayPal, and despite having all my savings frozen during a previous buy I've initiated some communication with their local CS to figure out how we can possibly use PayPal for this buy. I still have my reservations over this move but I'm hoping that this is an option. We're also considering using Stripe, but there are reports of frozen Stripe accounts as well, way more compared to Shopify so I'm quite split on that.

3. FCFS.

Another option that is on the table would be having me buy some units ahead of time and sell it as FCFS once they're all done. This option limits the number of boards we can purchase, since I'm not made of OTDs but I'm aiming to get at least 25 units each if we do end up going this route.

So that's a lengthy explanation for why you've not received any invoices so far, we're still trying to work out the whole thing but I'd like to reiterate that this is the first time we've had this happen with Shopify so it came kinda randomly as well (they've not said anything about why we were put on hold so go figure). We'll let you guys know as soon as we receive more info. As of now, please don't request refunds even though only 5 of you've been invoiced, appreciate everyone's patience!

TLDR: Life is short, don't be a vendor.

Offline spiritjeon

« Reply #148 on: Wed, 11 July 2018, 03:32:43 »
I guess I'm one of those five. And I paid my invoice. For heaven's sake, I hope it works out alright.

Offline mudcakehoney

« Reply #149 on: Wed, 11 July 2018, 03:44:22 »
Man I feel for you, I know you’ll make the right decision for for all parties involved. The one thing most keeb enthusiasts know is that this stuff takes time and patience is important.