Author Topic: [GB]Enjoypbt Black on White with Icon Mods 159Keys---completed  (Read 42284 times)

Offline KawabataLuis

Re: [GB]Enjoypbt Black on White with Icon Mods 159Keys---Start shipping
« Reply #150 on: Wed, 26 September 2018, 22:38:08 »
Hello there,

I finally received my set. I am really liking the colorway and quality of the set.

I wasn't saved from having a warped spacebar but will comment on my next request on the kbdfans site. I wasn't going to post anything here but when I double checked something that seemed wrong, I kinda had to.

204389-0204391-1

I'm sorry about the photo quality, just took them with my phone.

Anybody else got a 'u' key with wrong row profile? :))

Loved the set anyway  ;)

Offline 8six753o9

« Reply #151 on: Wed, 26 September 2018, 22:53:44 »
I received my set today as well.  I laid out all of the keys so I can see if I'm missing any keys and I noticed some nice differences.

The R3 PgDn key was missing, but I don't need a 2nd R3 PgDn.  Good news is that I got a 2nd 2.25u shift if I ever get a FC660M.

I got 2x1.25u and 2x1u Super keys.  I rather use these than the diamond icons.

/ and * on the numpad got changed.

1.5u Fn key is now Function spelled out.

So far I love the set!

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #152 on: Thu, 27 September 2018, 00:14:20 »
Hello there,

I finally received my set. I am really liking the colorway and quality of the set.

I wasn't saved from having a warped spacebar but will comment on my next request on the kbdfans site. I wasn't going to post anything here but when I double checked something that seemed wrong, I kinda had to.

(Attachment Link) (Attachment Link)

Loved the set anyway  ;)

I've been seeing a lot wrong profiled keys and missing keys. Please contact KBDfans about this as it really isn't acceptable so you should get replacements.

I received my set today as well.  I laid out all of the keys so I can see if I'm missing any keys and I noticed some nice differences.

The R3 PgDn key was missing, but I don't need a 2nd R3 PgDn.  Good news is that I got a 2nd 2.25u shift if I ever get a FC660M.
Show Image

I got 2x1.25u and 2x1u Super keys.  I rather use these than the diamond icons.
Show Image

/ and * on the numpad got changed.
Show Image

1.5u Fn key is now Function spelled out.
Show Image

So far I love the set!

There was an update and reconfirmation of the keys. The extra R3 PgDn was redundant and was a mistake so that was removed. The extra Super keys were added really late but I thought it was a good idea as it allows for a full text bottom row which is preference for many. I'm glad you like the set!

Offline 8six753o9

« Reply #153 on: Thu, 27 September 2018, 00:22:33 »
There was an update and reconfirmation of the keys. The extra R3 PgDn was redundant and was a mistake so that was removed. The extra Super keys were added really late but I thought it was a good idea as it allows for a full text bottom row which is preference for many. I'm glad you like the set!
I love all the choices you made! Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Endeavour1934

« Reply #154 on: Thu, 27 September 2018, 13:07:16 »
Just received my set. It looks fantastic. And don't worry, the keys are very white. Whiter than an XBOX One controller.

Sadly, my set is missing one key, the >. key  :'(
And I believe I have an extra 1u diamond key.

Offline ninjacore

« Reply #155 on: Thu, 27 September 2018, 13:46:43 »
Hello there,

(Attachment Link) (Attachment Link)

Loved the set anyway  ;)

My U is the correct profile.  :(

Offline deathrole

« Reply #156 on: Sat, 29 September 2018, 10:44:23 »
I got my set and all 3 spacebars are warped beyond usability. This is a surprise considering the delay to fix the spacebars.

I thought I was part of the second batch with good spacebars, what happened?

Can you provide pictures of your warped spacebars?

Offline construed

« Reply #157 on: Sun, 30 September 2018, 08:36:59 »
I just realised, after receiving my set, that the Colevrak kit is missing the = key for Dvorak. Is there any chance of a fix? I should've spotted this before ordering  :-X

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #158 on: Sun, 30 September 2018, 13:06:44 »
I just realised, after receiving my set, that the Colevrak kit is missing the = key for Dvorak. Is there any chance of a fix? I should've spotted this before ordering  :-X
Is this the only key that Dvorak is missing? I'll talk to KBDfans about this but you may have to wait for R2 to be made for this key.

Offline construed

« Reply #159 on: Sun, 30 September 2018, 16:54:33 »
Is this the only key that Dvorak is missing? I'll talk to KBDfans about this but you may have to wait for R2 to be made for this key.

Yes, it's the only key that the Colevrak kit is missing. I'll certainly wait until R2 if the key wasn't produced.

Offline Wetherbee

« Reply #160 on: Sat, 20 October 2018, 07:52:53 »

I'm really interested in R2 but sad that it doesn't have LED windowed Capslock or Scroll lock.

Hoping for a capacative version too someday.

Offline ninjacore

« Reply #161 on: Sat, 20 October 2018, 09:00:37 »
Might have been mentioned already, but does R2 fix the spacebar warping?

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #162 on: Sun, 21 October 2018, 23:37:00 »

Yes, it's the only key that the Colevrak kit is missing. I'll certainly wait until R2 if the key wasn't produced.
I have added it to the design file and notified KBDfans so the replacements should be manufactured along with R2.

I have heard that it is better but to be honest, it is still not free of issues from what I've heard from people that were in the second batch.

Offline Endeavour1934

« Reply #163 on: Tue, 23 October 2018, 14:48:45 »

I have added it to the design file and notified KBDfans so the replacements should be manufactured along with R2.

I have heard that it is better but to be honest, it is still not free of issues from what I've heard from people that were in the second batch.
My spacebars from the second batch were almost ok, but I had to straighten one of them with a hairdryer. No big deal.

Offline ninjacore

« Reply #164 on: Tue, 23 October 2018, 16:55:58 »
Just lay it flat and blow it?

Offline Zuology

• Why does this rabbit-hole have so many side-quests
« Reply #165 on: Tue, 23 October 2018, 17:28:44 »

:p

I've seen people rig up flattening "jigs" involving two rigid flat pieces (like rulers or similar) and use rubberbands to tension/tighten them as a clamp and then apply heat and let it cool inside the "jig". I'm not bold enough to just heat it up and caveman twist it back into shape freehand, but YMMV. It mainly depends on if the spacebar is warped just on the Y axis (up down) or if it's also on the Z-axis (front-back), so if you straighten it on the Y, it may result in (or stay) warped on the Z.
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 October 2018, 17:53:00 by Zuology »
More
75%: Scarlet Bandana (TBD) | Singa75 Polycarb (TBD) | SKB75 (TBD) | YMD75 (Box Navy) | XD84 (Outemu Ice) | Plum84 (BKE Redux Heavy)
TKL: ALF X1.1 SE (TBD) | LZ Iron White (TBD) | Fox Labs Orange (TBD) | Alu WASDv2 (Cherry Green) | MechkeyAlpha MA87 (Kailh Box Burnt Orange) | Archon RE:AL Superior EX (Nopre 65g)
Full+: Clueboard Double 1800 (Vint Clears) | IBM Model M | IBM Model F XT

Offline ninjacore

« Reply #166 on: Tue, 23 October 2018, 17:57:16 »
Thanks - I'll probably give it a try eventually. Mine isn't too bad.

Offline Endeavour1934

« Reply #167 on: Wed, 24 October 2018, 04:29:11 »
Not just that, applying heat will increase the natural tendency of the plastic to warp even more.

I usually apply heat on the underside with a hairdryer for about... 10 seconds?, and then I flip it and then force the new shape by pressing it on both extremes over a flat surface (if you have an eye for manual works, you can do it just with your hands). Be careful with the sides and don't apply pressure on them if it's not needed, just be sure they are not warped too.
Then you can wait for it to harden or apply cold water over it.

If it's still warped, you can repeat this procedure again.

I've done this procedure with dozens of keys, and not just spacebars: Sometimes other keys like right shift, enter, numpad + and numpad enter also are slightly warped. For smaller keys you need to apply more force though.
« Last Edit: Wed, 24 October 2018, 04:32:24 by Endeavour1934 »

Offline towhatend

« Reply #168 on: Sun, 18 November 2018, 12:34:18 »
Does any one who ordered the international kit have any missing keycaps? This one is missing for me:

Offline soilheart

« Reply #169 on: Sun, 18 November 2018, 14:09:06 »
Does any one who ordered the international kit have any missing keycaps? This one is missing for me:
Show Image

Laid out my caps and realized I missed a lot of caps, before I realized I had them on my board... including the one you are missing.

So nope, not missing any key, at least not the ´` key.
(K70 -  Brown) --- Pok3r - Clear --- Ducky Shine4 - Clear --- WKL B.face X2 - 67g Zealios --- CP-SQ - 78g Zealios --- RS68 - 62g Zealios
(Sold/retired - To be built)

Offline tiydal

Re: [GB]Enjoypbt Black on White with Icon Mods 159Keys---completed
« Reply #170 on: Sun, 25 November 2018, 16:16:59 »
Is there a comparison image of the changes in r2 from r1?

Specifically this "modified some of the characters and font" from the kbdfans store.

Offline dorf

• divine creator
Re: [GB]Enjoypbt Black on White with Icon Mods 159Keys---completed
« Reply #171 on: Thu, 27 December 2018, 16:42:20 »
Got the keys a week ago and I like them alot. I like the updates between 9009 and this set especially print screen and pause. Now all I need is text mods and windowed caps and scroll lock, both classic beige and BoW.