Author Topic: [IC] New production run of Elmo AEK II USB aek2_usb PCBs boards for AEKII  (Read 11301 times)

Offline linuxleah

Yeah, Elmo did a fantastic job.

Offline linuxleah

Offline poisonedwater69

Are the still any kits left/plans for a 2nd run?

Offline linuxleah

I already have a second run of boards in-stock. :-)

In a few weeks, as soon as I'm reasonably sure that nobody's board was damaged in-transit, I will be putting up a group buy for kits based on the second run of boards. (They are green, as opposed to the first run, which are blue.)

I will also be offering up any of the blue boards I still have left.

All boards and kits will forever be sold at-cost. I believe the green boards worked out to ever so slightly cheaper than the blue boards, though I'll admit the colour is not as nifty. :)

Offline poisonedwater69

Thats great news! I'll definitely be in for one! (maybe 2 because it'll be my first solder project) Are you going to make another thread or just continue this one?

Offline nevin

mine arrived unscathed. well packaged. thanks for the extra effort @linuxleah

haven't built mine yet. have a bunch of mods to the case/plate floating around in my head....
Keeb.io Viterbi, Apple m0110, Apple m0120, Apple m0110a, Apple 658-4081, Apple M1242, Apple AEK II, MK96, GH60/Pure, Cherry g84-4100, Adesso AKP-220B, Magicforce 68

Offline linuxleah

I'm going to make a new thread and link to it from this thread.

Offline long_qt_pie

Re: [IC] New production run of Elmo AEK II USB aek2_usb PCBs boards for AEKII
« Reply #57 on: Mon, 06 September 2021, 00:31:29 »
Evening!  I just got around to build the board and so far its fantastic, very refreshing to have QMK.  Where can I find the VIA hex to flash? Also, do I need to press the reset button or is there a hot key wired to reset when flashing?  cheers!

Edit: I believe I found the right file, the kb_elmo_aek2_usb_via.hex. However when I hold down boot, hit reset, then release boot; i never seem to enter flashing mode (as what Im used to doing with QMK toolbox and being able to flash that hex.  Im probably just doing something wrong though     

Edit2: So I think actually the bootloader may be corrupted; the flashed keymap works well but anytime I try to pull up the bootloader, either by esc then plugging in or pressing the boot and reset keys, it just goes blank and then back to the normal keymap. 
« Last Edit: Mon, 06 September 2021, 01:20:48 by long_qt_pie »
Jetfire | Mech 27 v1 | Mira SE | Singa | Orion 2.5 | Eo87 | Lubrigante | MGA | IBM F XT | AEKII | Lightpad | Exent | Dolphin Rev 2 | F1-8x | Mr Suit

Offline linuxleah

« Reply #58 on: Tue, 07 September 2021, 10:31:59 »
Hmm. I DID have a bit of a problem flashing those chips, but it's been months at this point; Elmo himself probably knows more than I do. Can you ask him? (FYI: I informed elmo via reddit private message; hopefully he'll show up here. In the past he's been very responsive!)
« Last Edit: Tue, 07 September 2021, 10:33:57 by linuxleah »

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
« Reply #59 on: Tue, 07 September 2021, 18:16:56 »
Sad I missed this. Any plans on doing another production run in the future?
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline linuxleah

« Reply #60 on: Wed, 08 September 2021, 07:13:13 »

Actually, some new boards are already ready and in-hand. I'll be listing them for sale, with or without component kits, within a week or so.

Offline linuxleah

« Reply #61 on: Tue, 21 September 2021, 00:46:38 »
Second run (green!) PCBs are now available; interest check at https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=114675.0 !

Go git yew some boards!  ;D :D ;D

Offline linuxleah

« Reply #62 on: Tue, 21 September 2021, 00:50:01 »

New boards are ready for shipping!

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=114675.0