Author Topic: Got kids?  (Read 2655 times)

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
Got kids?
« on: Tue, 25 March 2014, 00:19:07 »
If so, I think I found the perfect keycap set for you:

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.243.PExvXD&id=35047845081

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
Re: Got kids?
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 25 March 2014, 00:24:51 »
wasn't feng selling a set in classifieds?

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 25 March 2014, 03:56:26 »
And I know the perfect board to put these on. ;)

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 25 March 2014, 07:08:07 »
I've probably got a few kids stashed somewhere, how much are you paying?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 25 March 2014, 16:15:03 »
Looking at my daughter's keycap collection, I don't think she'd be impressed by these.

I suspect she would want an all pink set next.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 25 March 2014, 16:18:44 »
The real question here is: what costs more, kids or keyboards? :eek:
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 25 March 2014, 16:20:27 »

keyboards for the kids

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 25 March 2014, 16:26:58 »

Having to add a few extra keycaps each time I buy some for me so my daughter doesn't feel left out.

At least my SO doesn't collect keycaps.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline remdell

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 25 March 2014, 18:29:38 »
These look like the perfect keycaps for doge-lovers too. lol :)

PS: Wish these were Topre.  They would go great with my Dogeforce 55g.

« Last Edit: Tue, 25 March 2014, 18:34:00 by remdell »
Rukia PC | RF87U Digilog | Norbaforce MKII Palm Desert | Zenith ZKB-2R | Datadesk MAC-101

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 25 March 2014, 18:46:14 »
These look like the perfect keycaps for doge-lovers too. lol :)

PS: Wish these were Topre.  They would go great with my Dogeforce 55g.

Just wait for the Topre sliders w/ mx stems!  :eek:
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 14:17:26 »

keyboards for the kids

Nonsense. Kids love buckling springs (because these make a lot of noise). And they love color keycaps (easy and cheap to dye). And they love watercolors on model Ms (protected by acrylic spray).

Don't waste your money on Cherry MX for kids. Let them each have their own buckling spring to go clickety clack on.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 16:38:36 »

keyboards for the kids

Nonsense. Kids love buckling springs (because these make a lot of noise). And they love color keycaps (easy and cheap to dye). And they love watercolors on model Ms (protected by acrylic spray).

Don't waste your money on Cherry MX for kids. Let them each have their own buckling spring to go clickety clack on.

My daughter likes my noisy keyboards because she can make more noise with them.

Although when I offered her the choice of Model M or HHKB to play Minecraft recently, she chose HHKB.

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 02 April 2014, 01:55:04 »

keyboards for the kids

My daughter likes my noisy keyboards because she can make more noise with them.

Although when I offered her the choice of Model M or HHKB to play Minecraft recently, she chose HHKB.

Ah, but HHKB is cute. I think kids will like that.

Ideal keyboard for kids should be SSK or kishsaver. Maximum noise, easily changed keycaps, easily painted casing.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline Chemoletter

« Reply #13 on: Thu, 03 April 2014, 12:38:17 »
Uuuhm... What is doge?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 03 April 2014, 12:41:49 »

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
  • Sorry, moving houses. Be back ASAP.
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 03 April 2014, 13:26:37 »
Got kids?  Yup.  6, 12, and 14 YO boys.

QFR (blues) with MInecraft and Hazard novelty keycaps, plus red WASD clusters?  Got those as well.

Not even the 6YO is going with cute keycaps.

And my wife stole my Filco 104 (Browns) with Black-on-Blue Imsto PBT and Nyan Cat keycaps.

CC skulls would fly here, however.

- Ron | samwisekoi
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case