Author Topic: [IC] Roze 65 | The Darkness Rises When The White One Slumbered  (Read 13031 times)

Offline deva998

[IC] Roze 65 | The Darkness Rises When The White One Slumbered
« on: Wed, 24 August 2022, 00:43:04 »
Roze 65

You are never alone in this world, but the only one who truly understand you is you.

IMPORTANT CHANGE
Group Buy format will be changed from Unlimited to 200-250 Units total
(for specific fromat whether it is FCFS or Raffle, please follow the vendor of your choice for more information)

E-White will no longer be available due to manufactoring times

New Survey (Packaging Change)

Please scroll down to check out our added collabs!

UPDATE
Groupbuy Date: October 20th, 2022!!!
Recommended Retail Price: $350 USD (Prices may differ between regions/vendors)
TL;DR
65% Minimalistic Gasket Mount Keyboard, With An Original IP, Cheers!

IC Form

Discord

Hi everyone, this is Deva from Project_27! After an arduous year of slacking off work I am proud to finally present to you, the Roze 65.

Basic Information:
  • Layout: 65%
  • Mounting Style: Gasket Mount
  • Keyboard Length: 312.8 mm
  • Keyboard Width: 107.25 mm
  • Front Height: 20 mm
  • Max Height: 30.05 mm
  • Angle: 6.5°
  • Case Material: Aluminum
  • Weight/Badge Material: Stainless Steel (Polished)

Packaging Info:
  • Keyboard Case, Weight, Badge
  • PCB (Hotswap/Solder), DB
  • Aluminum Plate (Extra Plate Options sold seperately)
  • Foams (Poron Plate Foam, Poron Bottom Foam, PE Foam)
  • Gaskets
  • Rubber Feet
  • Extra Screws
  • Stabalizer Shims
(Hopefully that's everything you will need besides stabs, switches and keycaps! If I missed anything I will be sure to update the list!)

Color Options:
  • Blue(Ano)
  • Blue-Gray(Ano)
  • Black(Ano)
  • Scarlet(Ano)
  • Violet(Ano)
  • E-White

PCB Info:
Thickness: 1.2mm
Solder:

Hotswap:

Price of basic set: MSRP $350USD (Pricing may differ between regions/vendors)

Groupbuy Date: October 20th

Manufacturing Period: Estimating 4 months (5 months including vendor delivery)

Vendor List:

Renders:
Please note that there are no renders that will be 100% color accurate! The renders will be for REFERENCE ONLY.

Anodized Blue

Anodized Blue-Gray

Anodized Black

Anodized Scarlet

Anodized Violet

E-White

Type Test (Prototype R1):

Streamer and YouTuber contents coming sooooon!

Prototype Photos (R1):
CNC’d and Manufactured by EUREKAFOUNDRY
(Thank you again to the wonderful people at EF, was a pleasure working on finishing the prototypes with you guys)

(For more, please stay tuned for our wonderful streamer and youtuber friends' contentsssssss!

Design Concept:
We decided on a minimalistic keyboard from the beginning. There are no out-of-the-ordinary wow factor in the Roze 65. A minimalistic and good looking keyboard for the average consumer was our intention. However, this did not mean it was easy. Whether it was the thin ass bezels, the low motherf*cking front height or the irregularily shaped SS bottom weight (that I thought was gonna be cheap to make), we have worked days and nights to achieve what we are now TRULY PROUD to present to the community.

Starting with the layout, it is a versatile and portable size (AND MY FAVORITE ARROW KEYS). Paired up with the thin bezels of the Roze 65, we made sure there is not a single inch of wasted space at first glance.

Coming to the bottom of the keyboard, we have decided to keep everything Silver (except for the E-White unit). It adds a subtle unity towards the entire line of the Roze 65. It is intended to provide an easier choice for the audience and to avoid the sometimes unavoidable color matching issue of the anodizing process.

Unlike your normal flow of work of designing a keyboard, I started working on the theme of this keyboard AFTER the case design was done. There were many things that are simple yet elegant in this world, but one object really popped for me at the moment of decision for the theme. And that is roses. Roses are flowers that are easy to grow yet have such a diverse usage across various occasions. To me, it was the pinnacle of elegance with simplicity.

Curvature lining and sharp edges imitating that of a rose’s pedals and thorns is the artstyle that dominated both the flower logo on the front badge and the leaf piece weight on the back of the keyboard.

Now for something special.

Roze is not just a keyboard, she is ALIVE.

From the moment I stepped into this hobby, I was astonished by the renders of the EVA 01 colored Space 65 R2 and the beautiful Fuji 65. What amazed me more than how pretty they looked was the fact that I have finally found a hands-on hobby that can express my love for anime. There was not a single hesitation in me when I bought that GMK Darling set on MM after it shipped, and neither was anyone going to be able to stop me from ordering the all the kits to GMK Yuru.

Finally, something that combines both my creative passions. Anime and Keyboard. I present you, an original IP,

ROZE

Character Design:

Character Aesthetics
Like a normal weeb person, I started off with a few of my favorite search tags. [White Hair], [Glasses], [JK]
Following a rule of minimalism, I decided to throw on her a very ordinary hairstyle with a simple double hair pin as embellishment. Her general colors are that of my favorite rose color, violet.

Character Traits
Next, let us throw in some more tags that I came up with while procrastinating. [Lonely], [Upright], [Violent], [Duo Personality]
As I pulled my hair out trying to decide if I wanted a sweet kouhai or a badass senpai for my first character, I realized that there was the easy tool or multiple personality disorder. So I decided to tank my decision by giving her both traits.

Backstory
After a heartbreaking childhood trauma, Roze suffered through violent mental outbreaks which slowly turned into her duo personality disorder. During the summer of her last year of high school, Roze awakens her ability, summoning her violent personality to her side Releasing her from a life full of loneliness.

Notes:
Since as a kid, I was the kind of person that often talked to myself when I was alone. This character may have started off with a very generic concept, however, the finished result is something that I have poured a lot of work into and is heartfelt. Roze’s story illustrates emotions from loneliness to happiness and from hatred to trust. Nobody is ever alone in this world. Friends, family and loved ones come and go in your life. They are the motivation behind why one would strive to be better. Only when you accept and trust yourself, you become invincible to their eyes.
And that is the philosophy of Roze.
P.S.
My motivation was further boosted when I teared up at the ending of Marvel’s “Moon Knight” that was airing at that time. I was resonating with the ending episodes of that show so much through what I have already written for Roze. I want to finish off this section with the quote that Marc Spector said to Steven Grant(one of his kind personality) after Steven heroically jumped down into the sands of Duat sacrificing himself so that Marc could live, “You are the only real superpower I ever had.” And I believe that this will be the conclusion that Roze eventually reach after meeting her other personality.

Now back to keyboard!

Along with this keyboard, there will also be two Roze deskmats and a Roze Titanium artisan keycap available at the same time for groupbuy. (Price will also be confirmed soon with vendors)

ALSO since it’s an IP and not just a keyboard, there will of course be COLLAB ARTISANS!
Hurray for our collaborators!

Let’s enjoy this hobby to our hearts out XD

Reminders:
IC Form
Discord

Closing Remarks:
Now I won’t bore you with anymore of the worldbuilding stuff that I have already prepared and instead finish this post off with some words of gratitude to all the people that I have met and have helped me through this journey. Thank you to those who have given me the confidence that I needed to push this project forward. Thank you to those who welcomed me into this hobby with kind words. Thank you to the artists, photographers, renderers and engineers for all your hard work. And I apologize again for all the troubles you had to put up with, I know I am a very difficult person to communicate with. Thank you to all the vendors and collaborators. Thank you to all the streamers and content creators that will be sharing my prototypes with you guys. Lastly, thank you to you guys, for sparing the time and reading until the end. Whether you will be interested in supporting my keyboard through the groupbuy or not, it has been a blast for me since entering the hobby. In return for the wonderful luck of meeting you all, I will do my best in bringing you all excellent keyboards and contents from now until forever!

« Last Edit: Sat, 25 February 2023, 02:28:26 by deva998 »

Offline deva998

Re: [IC] Roze 65 | The Darkness Rises When The White One Slumbered
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 24 August 2022, 00:44:12 »
Reserved for Post Changes

2022/8/24:
Updated IC form - included PCB Flex Cut preference

2022/8/25:
Updated Render List - to entire color options
Updated OCE vendor - Allcaps.store

2022/9/2:
Updated GB date - to TBD
Apology to the change of date, however as of now streamer contents and more public content are still in motion. As of now, more content needs to be produced to ensure a certain popularity for the success of this group buy (reaching our MOQ).

2022/9/9:
Updated PCB Info - now includes thickness of PCB
Updated Packaging Info - now includes Stab Shims for clip-in stabs

2022/10/3:
Updated Groupbuy Date - Oct 20, 2022
Updated MSRP - $350USD

2022/10/11:
Updated Important Changes - GB will not be limited to 200-250 Units worldwide
Updated Important Changes - E-White will no longer be an available color due to estimated manufactoring times
Updated Important Changes - Packaging change survey
Updated Collab List - New Collab artisan studios have been added
« Last Edit: Tue, 11 October 2022, 13:50:35 by deva998 »

Offline soloplayer

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 24 August 2022, 08:21:39 »
is there any sound test with non foam installed?
i hate foam board, but this one does attract me, so i hope non foam configuration will satisfy me

Offline LMarci

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 24 August 2022, 08:46:28 »
Remove the cuts from the pcb, they negatively affect the sound. Also foam should be an addon and not in the kit. Would also like to see plate options announced. Other than that, cool board.
« Last Edit: Wed, 24 August 2022, 09:31:23 by LMarci »

Offline deviant324

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 24 August 2022, 10:16:15 »
Also foam should be an addon and not in the kit.

I get the idea, but I don't think I've actually seen anyone do it before, at least with boards I've been interested on or that I have bought, the foam is always included in the base kit. Does it make that big of a difference price-wise?

Offline CLAP_STUDIO

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 24 August 2022, 10:59:49 »
Nice board, looking forward to GB!

Offline deva998

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 24 August 2022, 17:09:18 »
Remove the cuts from the pcb, they negatively affect the sound. Also foam should be an addon and not in the kit. Would also like to see plate options announced. Other than that, cool board.

I understand your concern, so I have added a section on PCB Flex Cut preference. If you can, please take a moment and fill it out, it will benefit us a lot!
« Last Edit: Wed, 24 August 2022, 17:11:28 by deva998 »

Offline deva998

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 24 August 2022, 17:13:54 »
is there any sound test with non foam installed?
i hate foam board, but this one does attract me, so i hope non foam configuration will satisfy me

I trust that some of the wonderful streamers that will be receiving our Roze 65 prototypes will be building the unit with no foam, please stay tuned!
In the mean time, I will also be working on a video with no foam as I understand that there are many people who rather experience a keyboard at its most original state!

Offline LMarci

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 24 August 2022, 19:46:29 »

I understand your concern, so I have added a section on PCB Flex Cut preference. If you can, please take a moment and fill it out, it will benefit us a lot!

:thumb:

Offline LMarci

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 24 August 2022, 19:49:26 »
Also foam should be an addon and not in the kit.

I get the idea, but I don't think I've actually seen anyone do it before, at least with boards I've been interested on or that I have bought, the foam is always included in the base kit. Does it make that big of a difference price-wise?
True for most recent projects I guess. It doesn't add a lot to the cost, it's just that some people don't want paying for it or having anything to do with foam at all. Something that optional shouldn't be included in the kit imo.
« Last Edit: Wed, 24 August 2022, 19:51:25 by LMarci »

Offline Backspace2

• Third most used key on the keyboard is Backspace!
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 24 August 2022, 19:59:54 »
Good looking keeb  :thumb:
Yes

Offline guanyuwanglin

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 25 August 2022, 20:12:58 »
Really liked the IP design, will definitely join the GB! :rolleyes: