Author Topic: [GB] SA Symbiosis R2 - Finished  (Read 258339 times)

Offline mkarlsson

Re: [GB] SA Symbiosis R2 - GB launches
« Reply #150 on: Tue, 16 October 2018, 16:23:10 »
I ordered Alphas, Modifiers, Numpad, Blue Choices, Gray Choices, Blue Spacebars, Cadet, and Extension kits.
Ouch, that's a pricey meatball!   But, I don't think many would disagree that this is going to be one classy set. 

And though I'm getting more keys than I need to do so, I'm really looking forward to trying this set out on my future S7 Elephant keyboard.

It’s gonna look stunning on the S7. Good choice!

Offline M

« Reply #151 on: Tue, 16 October 2018, 22:07:55 »

this render shows a row 2 "III" cap but when I look at the choices kits it's nowhere to be found...

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #152 on: Tue, 16 October 2018, 22:27:49 »
Show Image

this render shows a row 2 "III" cap but when I look at the choices kits it's nowhere to be found...

It's a mistake in the renders. The kit pictures are precise. For Blue Choice kit, there is only hand cluster in the navigate area like:

Offline wtoe

« Reply #153 on: Thu, 18 October 2018, 18:10:36 »
Quote from: Kono Weekly Update
SA Symbiosis
Open until October 26.

:-X No MOQ/purchase numbers at barely over a week left?

Offline equalunique

« Reply #154 on: Mon, 22 October 2018, 10:58:16 »
Imagine spending ~$200 just for the keys to complete a HHKB layout 60%.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Offline bcbishop

« Reply #155 on: Mon, 22 October 2018, 14:24:34 »
Took a while to scrape the funds together, but order has been placed!

Now the wait begins. (First for my white CA66, and then the caps themselves...)
« Last Edit: Mon, 22 October 2018, 20:05:47 by bcbishop »

Offline Audiobs

« Reply #156 on: Mon, 22 October 2018, 15:39:37 »

And nearly a year wait...

Offline lekashman

« Reply #157 on: Mon, 22 October 2018, 18:07:15 »
Kono Store Update: Symbiosis

https://kono.store/products/sa-symbiosis-keycaps

We are getting close to the end of the Group Buy and I have a few Kono updates.

All the sets except for CADR have performed approximately according to our pricing model - which means all of the sets (Except CADR) will be produced. Some sets were a little above the model, others a little below - but our estimates were accurate across the board. CADR is a bit of a complex set - since it is easily the most expensive one in the group buy and it uses all R3 keycaps so there is little crossover with other sets. There are a few days left in the group buy - so if people are interested in seeing CADR made - we would require approximately additional 20 additional sets to be purchased. If this doesn't happen over the next four days - we will refund all purchasers of CADR.

Our next steps will be to ensure that all of the colors are perfectly matched and that our production date for next July stays accurate. We will plan to place a purchase order for the entire group buy at the beginning of next week and then move to a "pre-order" phase on Kono for extras. During the pre-order - the prices will be slightly higher than during the group buy and there will be actual inventory limits as it is based on the actual number of kits we purchase + any extra inventory ordered by Kono.

We will keep the group updated via email as updates come in as well as via forum posts here and on Keebtalk - https://www.keebtalk.com/t/sa-symbiosis-r2/3548

If you purchased your Symbiosis kit via zFrontier or mykeyboard.eu - please contact them directly if you have questions.

Thanks for participating everyone - now the wait begins!

Offline obertau

« Reply #158 on: Mon, 22 October 2018, 20:04:58 »
If we are in for CADR and it fails will there be time for us to change to other orders? How will that be handled?

Offline laserbeamspewpew

« Reply #159 on: Mon, 22 October 2018, 21:40:50 »

I don't have to imagine. This is what I'm planning: https://imgur.com/a/VXvHsZz

Cost me $275 =(

Offline Jkush463

« Reply #160 on: Mon, 22 October 2018, 21:50:04 »

Cost me $275 =(
them hurts i didnt get much more for 300$

Offline Audiobs

« Reply #161 on: Mon, 22 October 2018, 22:10:57 »

Cost me $275 =(

Hope you still want this exact colorway one year from now... :) I am still deciding which set to order.
« Last Edit: Mon, 22 October 2018, 22:18:16 by Audiobs »

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
[GB] SA Symbiosis R2 - GB launches
« Reply #162 on: Tue, 23 October 2018, 07:45:44 »
I hate I can’t join this GB, I just paid $290 for a set I hope extras are available when production completes. It’s a beautiful set, just don’t want to go overboard w/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 October 2018, 11:26:35 by William_S_Jones »

Offline cijanzen

« Reply #163 on: Tue, 23 October 2018, 20:27:59 »
Does anybody want to split a spacekeys kit with me? I want the grey spacekeys but don’t need the blue ones. I’d cover shipping if anyone’s interested.

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #164 on: Tue, 23 October 2018, 20:48:16 »
Sorry being silent for a while. I was not doing well and went to the hospital these days.

Quote from: Kono Weekly Update
SA Symbiosis
Open until October 26.

:-X No MOQ/purchase numbers at barely over a week left?

I talked to Kono about this. Almost all kits are gonna happen, and the sold numbers will not be showed for this GB.

If we are in for CADR and it fails will there be time for us to change to other orders? How will that be handled?

As Andrew said in his previous post, the order will be refunded. Since there are not many CADR buyers, and only part of them might change their orders in this case, it seems fine to simply refund so that the whole GB could move forward fast to the next phase. But anyway I will check with Andrew to see whether it's ok to have some time for you to change your order.

I hate I can’t join this GB, I just paid $290 for a set I hope extras are available when production completes. It’s a beautiful set, just don’t want to go overboard w/

There will be extras available in Kono Store after the GB closes, but I'm not sure whether they are still available when it finishes production one year later. I guess you still have the chance the grab some kits in a few months.

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #165 on: Tue, 23 October 2018, 20:58:50 »

Cost me $275 =(

Share time.  :p This is what I will go for my MX HHKB layout keyboards.

Offline wtoe

Re: [GB] SA Symbiosis R2 - GB closes in three days
« Reply #166 on: Tue, 23 October 2018, 21:23:54 »
In for enough to cover a TKL and 75-key ortho! (... still have to figure out the ortho layout)

Thank you hhkbp2 for bringing this to market! The space cadet look has been my most desired setup since finding this hobby.

Offline ZyBeR

« Reply #167 on: Wed, 24 October 2018, 09:42:03 »
Would it be possible to get a render with Nordic keys?
I get a feeling it might look a bit weird as all other alphas have dual signs but the three accent keys don't.

Offline impaktor

• Blog on emacs & keyboards
« Reply #168 on: Wed, 24 October 2018, 15:09:49 »
Ordered CADR and Alpha set and some modifier sets (40, ortho, and NoDe), from zFrontier, and hoping to use them for two keyboard builds.

If CADR doesn't happen, I'll likely like to withdraw some of the modifier sets I've ordered. Would be a real shame if CADR doesn't happen.

I have a lingering feeling that Kono, by having fixed prices, get all upside, and no downside: i.e. a set doesn't get into profitable quantity, -- they pull the plugg. A set "over-sells" -- they reap the benefits. I don't mean to sound... I was going to say "ungrateful", but lord knows we're paying for it so, not the right word here...

Quote from: cijanzen
Does anybody want to split a spacekeys kit with me? I want the grey spacekeys but don’t need the blue ones. I’d cover shipping if anyone’s interested.
if CADR gets made, I won't be using the space bar, so it's up for grabs. As are German-specific keys.
« Last Edit: Wed, 24 October 2018, 15:12:31 by impaktor »

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #169 on: Wed, 24 October 2018, 15:41:35 »
Thanks, appreciate it, I plan to pick up the $210 uniform & novelty kits when the extras are available next year.

Offline impaktor

« Reply #170 on: Wed, 24 October 2018, 15:47:17 »
Thanks, appreciate it, I plan to pick up the $210 uniform ...
But there won't be a uniform key set at all, unless you (and a few more) order it now, as I understood previous posts.

Offline Jkush463

« Reply #171 on: Wed, 24 October 2018, 17:00:55 »
some of these people commenting i dont think understand what there doing/saying lol
« Last Edit: Wed, 24 October 2018, 17:03:34 by Jkush463 »

Offline FearsomeCubedWarrior

•  Post Reporting Timeout
« Reply #172 on: Wed, 24 October 2018, 17:07:15 »
~
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 April 2024, 19:03:18 by FearsomeCubedWarrior »

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
[GB] SA Symbiosis R2 - GB closes in three days
« Reply #173 on: Wed, 24 October 2018, 17:17:30 »
some of these people commenting i dont think understand what there doing/saying lol
How is that? Never mind, I get it JKush463, I didn’t follow all this post’s comments. It’s on me, so my apologies.

« Last Edit: Wed, 24 October 2018, 17:28:23 by William_S_Jones »

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #174 on: Wed, 24 October 2018, 17:22:38 »
pulled the trigger for alphas and 40%.
I take it you use an ortho 40%

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #175 on: Wed, 24 October 2018, 17:23:39 »
Thanks, appreciate it, I plan to pick up the $210 uniform ...
But there won't be a uniform key set at all, unless you (and a few more) order it now, as I understood previous posts.
Darn my apologies, I havent followed the whole post, just pointed out what I’d like when extras are available, my apologies

« Reply #176 on: Thu, 25 October 2018, 03:49:10 »
~
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 April 2024, 19:03:23 by FearsomeCubedWarrior »

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #177 on: Thu, 25 October 2018, 07:32:06 »
Nice!

Offline bdkrzy

« Reply #178 on: Thu, 25 October 2018, 14:23:23 »
Is it true that zFrontier will have their own price breakpoint at each MOQ hit while us US proxy won't do that?

« Reply #179 on: Thu, 25 October 2018, 15:18:13 »
~
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 April 2024, 19:03:42 by FearsomeCubedWarrior »

Offline vonswoopington

« Reply #180 on: Fri, 26 October 2018, 00:19:57 »
Is it true that zFrontier will have their own price breakpoint at each MOQ hit while us US proxy won't do that?
I need to know this as well.
TGR 910 Polycarb | TGR Alice | TGR Unikorn | Lyn EM-7 | VE.A | Kyuu | E7-V1

Offline Windeh

• a no name
« Reply #181 on: Fri, 26 October 2018, 00:34:17 »
Oof, hope this isn't some miscommunication between the proxies...

Offline qq

• A daydreamer of possibilities
« Reply #182 on: Fri, 26 October 2018, 02:23:54 »
Ordered CADR and Alpha set and some modifier sets (40, ortho, and NoDe), from zFrontier, and hoping to use them for two keyboard builds.

If CADR doesn't happen, I'll likely like to withdraw some of the modifier sets I've ordered. Would be a real shame if CADR doesn't happen.

I have a lingering feeling that Kono, by having fixed prices, get all upside, and no downside: i.e. a set doesn't get into profitable quantity, -- they pull the plugg. A set "over-sells" -- they reap the benefits. I don't mean to sound... I was going to say "ungrateful", but lord knows we're paying for it so, not the right word here...

It's not my problem since I've ordered only alphas, mods, and extensions but I have the same feeling as well. By not disclosing MOQ, the vendor said it commits to producing all kits. Now, they are saying CADR struggles for MOQ and may not make it. I understand the vendor is not obligated to do so, but buyers in a GB may expect more than this.

Offline wtoe

« Reply #183 on: Fri, 26 October 2018, 06:28:44 »
When is/was the timeframe where Kono was making it clear which kits weren't going to pass, so that buyers could alter their orders? Their weekly updates on this GB have not been very helpful.

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #184 on: Fri, 26 October 2018, 06:39:31 »
When is/was the timeframe where Kono was making it clear which kits weren't going to pass, so that buyers could alter their orders? Their weekly updates on this GB have not been very helpful.

I talked to Andrew two days ago and he said he would post about letting CADR buyers to adjust their orders in one day or two after the GB closes if CADR doesn't happen.

I will check with him about the price points, how CADR's doing, etc.

Offline bdkrzy

« Reply #185 on: Fri, 26 October 2018, 07:23:22 »

I talked to Andrew two days ago and he said he would post about letting CADR buyers to adjust their orders in one day or two after the GB closes if CADR doesn't happen.

Apologies for being straightforward, but it was just a bit confusing how kono store handles this. On one hand, they don't offer pricebreak for each MOQ hit since they said they already "considered" that into the price. But on the other hand, for kits that potentially not going to make it like the CADR, they would not let it go through. It's a win-win for the vendor and not very fair for the buyers. If we are charged with premium with no breakpoint, I expect all kits to be made since the prices already factor in everything. I remember one of the reason kono store would not off price breakpoint was due to the complexity across different vendors, and I completely understand that. However, it seems like zFrontier still manages to do it and offers breakpoint for their buyers.  I just don't see why Kono couldn't do the same?
« Last Edit: Fri, 26 October 2018, 07:24:59 by bdkrzy »

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #186 on: Fri, 26 October 2018, 08:31:21 »

Apologies for being straightforward, but it was just a bit confusing how kono store handles this. On one hand, they don't offer pricebreak for each MOQ hit since they said they already "considered" that into the price. But on the other hand, for kits that potentially not going to make it like the CADR, they would not let it go through. It's a win-win for the vendor and not very fair for the buyers. If we are charged with premium with no breakpoint, I expect all kits to be made since the prices already factor in everything. I remember one of the reason kono store would not off price breakpoint was due to the complexity across different vendors, and I completely understand that. However, it seems like zFrontier still manages to do it and offers breakpoint for their buyers.  I just don't see why Kono couldn't do the same?

I bought a few kits because I wanted to outfit a few of my boards. It is kinda weird for a GB to not disclose information about price breaks, although I wasn’t worried too much about that. I think it’s kind of out of the hands of hhkbp2, as Kono is running the buy. There should have been better communication from Kono themselves. I emailed them a while back about a different set I had questions about and they were pretty prompt on replying. I hope they can clear these questions up before the buy is over.

Offline bdkrzy

« Reply #187 on: Fri, 26 October 2018, 10:29:36 »

I bought a few kits because I wanted to outfit a few of my boards. It is kinda weird for a GB to not disclose information about price breaks, although I wasn’t worried too much about that. I think it’s kind of out of the hands of hhkbp2, as Kono is running the buy. There should have been better communication from Kono themselves. I emailed them a while back about a different set I had questions about and they were pretty prompt on replying. I hope they can clear these questions up before the buy is over.

Yea no I totally agree with you. In the end, Kono is the vendor so they have all rights to practice any kind of pricing as they wish. Totally agree that hhkp2 has nothing to do with this, and I never brought him in. I just hope Kono could be more transparent with all the pricing and breakpoints and all. I mean I'm not complaining or anything as I already purchased a few kits myself but seeing other vendor could establish a breakpoint while we can't just makes me feel a little bit unfair that's all.

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #188 on: Fri, 26 October 2018, 10:52:32 »

Yea no I totally agree with you. In the end, Kono is the vendor so they have all rights to practice any kind of pricing as they wish. Totally agree that hhkp2 has nothing to do with this, and I never brought him in. I just hope Kono could be more transparent with all the pricing and breakpoints and all. I mean I'm not complaining or anything as I already purchased a few kits myself but seeing other vendor could establish a breakpoint while we can't just makes me feel a little bit unfair that's all.

No, I totally agree with you too. I understand Kono is a business and was comfortable with the prices. It's just a little perculiar that another vendor has price breaks.

Offline clorex

« Reply #189 on: Fri, 26 October 2018, 11:52:30 »

I remember one of the reason kono store would not off price breakpoint was due to the complexity across different vendors, and I completely understand that. However, it seems like zFrontier still manages to do it and offers breakpoint for their buyers.  I just don't see why Kono couldn't do the same?

Where are the zFrontier price break points posted? I don't see it on their English nor Chinese GB pages.

Offline bdkrzy

« Reply #190 on: Fri, 26 October 2018, 12:52:55 »

Where are the zFrontier price break points posted? I don't see it on their English nor Chinese GB pages.

It was in one of their weekly updates. https://en.zfrontier.com/blogs/project-updates/project-updates-oct-23-2018

Offline clorex

« Reply #191 on: Fri, 26 October 2018, 14:04:04 »

It was in one of their weekly updates. https://en.zfrontier.com/blogs/project-updates/project-updates-oct-23-2018
But it just says *some* kits have unlocked a lower price point and that zFrontier will refund the difference after the GB ends.

Which kits will be cheaper, and by how much, we still don't know. At least at Kono, you get to see how much you'll be paying upfront (and avoid losing CC fees in the refund).

I'm assuming zFrontier will just be refunding the price difference between them and Kono, since Kono reduced their prices for some kits early on whereas zFrontier did not.
« Last Edit: Fri, 26 October 2018, 14:15:19 by clorex »

Offline bdkrzy

« Reply #192 on: Fri, 26 October 2018, 15:50:45 »
Right no I do agree. I'm just saying I just wish Kono store could have been more transparent and drop some words regarding the pricing that'd be great that's all.

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #193 on: Sun, 28 October 2018, 00:59:13 »
There are things out of my knowing and expectation, some are in the good side, while some other are in the opposite side. I had checked with Andrew(Kono Store) and confirm:

1. CADR will be made. So we succeeded to make all kits happen, no more order adjustment is necessary due to MOQ failure.
2. The price points issue that Zfrontier mentioned before was due to communication mistakes.
3. The GB was closed and it's moved to "pre-order" phase. You could still buy the available kits but the prices would be higher than what's in GB phase.
4. The production order is about to placed to SP

Kono(or Zfrontier) will handle the issue and post updates later. I beg your understanding and pardon for all the issues and confusion.

Thanks for everyone who gave feedback, contributed, helped or joined this project(GB/pre-order). We succeeded to make all kits! Cheers!
« Last Edit: Sun, 28 October 2018, 01:14:07 by hhkbp2 »

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
Re: [GB] SA Symbiosis R2 - GB Closed. Pre-Order available. Production Order to SP
« Reply #194 on: Sun, 28 October 2018, 01:44:23 »
Thanks for the update, & since konos will still allow buys, I may be able to join this GB w/i 1 to 2 weeks!

Offline impaktor

« Reply #195 on: Sun, 28 October 2018, 06:55:37 »
CADR will be made. So we succeeded to make all kits happen, no more order adjustment is necessary due to MOQ failure.
Thanks for everyone who gave feedback, contributed, helped or joined this project(GB/pre-order). We succeeded to make all kits! Cheers!
Fantastic! Thanks!

Not sure if this is the place to announce this, but: I can already now say that I'll be happy to trade out my CADR space bar, and any german specific keys that don't overlap with scandinavian, from the NorDe kit. Also, if anyone has an extra 1u Top or 1u Greek, or 2u blank R3, I'm interested in buying/trading, once we get the kits, just send me a PM. Also, I'll have a lot of 1.5 u keys I don't need.

Offline qq

• A daydreamer of possibilities
« Reply #196 on: Sun, 28 October 2018, 08:40:50 »
1. CADR will be made. So we succeeded to make all kits happen, no more order adjustment is necessary due to MOQ failure.
2. The price points issue that Zfrontier mentioned before was due to communication mistakes.
3. The GB was closed and it's moved to "pre-order" phase. You could still buy the available kits but the prices would be higher than what's in GB phase.
4. The production order is about to placed to SP

Thank you for the update. We understand your situation. If the kits are still available till Q2 next year, I may consider grabbing more :p

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #197 on: Sun, 28 October 2018, 20:38:47 »
Would it be possible to get a render with Nordic keys?
I get a feeling it might look a bit weird as all other alphas have dual signs but the three accent keys don't.

Sorry I don't know what's the proper way to put those Nordic keys in usage. I don't have the time to do the render now neither. Maybe you could take a look at what's in R6 pictures and see how they feels?

R6 pictures

Keep in mind that the legends might be different more or less. But it should be enough to give you the brief feel .

Offline hhkbp2

Re: [GB] SA Symbiosis R2 - GB Closed. Pre-Order available. Production Order to SP
« Reply #198 on: Fri, 16 November 2018, 08:43:00 »
The order had been placed to SP. Refer to Kono Store Weekly Update (11/15):

We have order acknowledgement from Signature Plastics. We expect these arrive at our warehouse in August 2019.

Offline Starius

« Reply #199 on: Fri, 16 November 2018, 09:29:44 »
My goodness, that wait is going to be excruciating.
But well worth it.