Author Topic: Again Nopoo, really?  (Read 2021 times)

Offline Fragil1ty

• Abre los ojos.
Again Nopoo, really?
« on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 19:34:03 »
Now, I'm not sure if it's just me being more heavy handed and what not, but recently, I've been noticing that my I's and my K's have been bouncing or 'double tapping', they've basically being getting entered twice, so:

Instead of this: I / K, it would be II ii or kk KK.

Now, as I said It's not very often and it's only happening on those keys thus far but! Noppoo choc mini keyboards do have a bad reputation of doing stuff like this, this is why my last one broke and what not. Should I be worried, I mean, it's not happened once throughout the entirety of typing up this entire post, so maybe it's just me typing too fast or whatever?

What do you guys think?

P.s. My keyboard is perfectly cleaned, I cleaned it the other day and there's no stuck hairs or whatever at the moment, so I don't think it's that. x_x
你搞砸了

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
Re: Again Nopoo, really?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 19:37:28 »
This worries me because I have a noppoo coming tomorrow :/

Did you adjust the noppoo's bounce setting?

Offline Fragil1ty

• Abre los ojos.
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 21:28:21 »
This worries me because I have a noppoo coming tomorrow :/

Did you adjust the noppoo's bounce setting?

I was using it in PS/2 and then I re-plugged it in using USB and what not. I've not touched the settings and they tend to reset after you plug it into a fresh USB slot anyway! It's fine at first, I've had this for like 6+ months atm.

I'm sure it's just me being heavy handed and not realising that I'm tapping it twice and what not. x-x
你搞砸了

Offline FoxWolf1

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 21:47:49 »
My Noppoo Tank has started to develop the same issue. Thankfully, it's not my main keyboard anymore, but it's still annoying.

Seems to be a problem that is endemic to the brand, at least with products from a certain era.
Oberhofer Model 1101 | PadTech Hall Effect (Prototype) | RK RC930-104 v2 | IBM Model M | Noppoo TANK | Keycool Hero 104

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 23:50:42 »
When it is just one key bouncing, it is sometimes because of a bad soldering job. That is something that you can redo yourself.

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 00:57:27 »
Again fragil1ty, really? (http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=46314.0)

Hit Fn+F11 until the bounce problem stops. If you find second presses aren't being registered any more (like "hello" comes out "helo" then you've gone too far.. press Fn+F10 to go back a bit)

"Fn and F10/F11 either increase or decrease the debounce on the keyboard, enabling you to adjust for keys that might be double tapping"

From here: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=43054.0

Also, dadgh's post in your old thread...
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline Fragil1ty

• Abre los ojos.
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 09:22:23 »
Again fragil1ty, really? (http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=46314.0)

Hit Fn+F11 until the bounce problem stops. If you find second presses aren't being registered any more (like "hello" comes out "helo" then you've gone too far.. press Fn+F10 to go back a bit)

"Fn and F10/F11 either increase or decrease the debounce on the keyboard, enabling you to adjust for keys that might be double tapping"
Show Image

From here: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=43054.0

Also, dadgh's post in your old thread...

that was like a year ago, damn homie.
你搞砸了

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 09:41:05 »
Now, I'm not sure if it's just me being more heavy handed and what not, but recently, I've been noticing that my I's and my K's have been bouncing or 'double tapping', they've basically being getting entered twice, so:

Confusing.

Is this your 2nd Choc Mini?

Have you tried what was recommended to you in the past repeatedly?

My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline Fragil1ty

• Abre los ojos.
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 16:06:36 »

Confusing.

Is this your 2nd Choc Mini?

Have you tried what was recommended to you in the past repeatedly?

Yeah, that quoted thread, I went ahead and sold that Choc mini to a member on here and what not and then later on, I went ahead and bought a new Choc mini because I absolutely love the keyboard.

Yeah, I've tried that stuff, the debouncing key or w/e it's called, it doesn't really seem to help, it just seems to make it so that it's a lot harder to make keys register sometimes, I think I've got it on the ideal setting at the moment. It's just happening every now and again, it's not happened in a while, so I'm thinking it's just me being heavy handed or too fast while typing and what not, lol.

edit: the worst thing about this whole thing is that a.) the only keyboard replacement that I have now is a Razer Keyboard (tournament edition) /w orange switches that I really do not want to use as it's just not that comfortable for me, I prefer reds / 75% and b.) I don't really have the funds to replace this keyboard as of right now.
« Last Edit: Tue, 19 August 2014, 18:43:31 by Fragil1ty »
你搞砸了