Author Topic: Post your clacks!  (Read 7950071 times)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Post your clacks!
« Reply #11650 on: Tue, 01 September 2015, 05:41:45 »
Here's a shot to compare with the envelope, maybe someone with an Orangesicle or Yolk Yellow could compare ...

110020-0

PS. Sorry about the posts, I am too excite, and anyway my internets are too slow to upload many pictures at once.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Online azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #11651 on: Tue, 01 September 2015, 05:43:04 »
Looks like a new colorway isn't it rowdy?

Azerty Propagandiste

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #11652 on: Tue, 01 September 2015, 05:44:23 »
Looks like a new colorway isn't it rowdy?

My guess is that it is a really old one that was sitting around in the archives.

And I don't think you'll be able to determine between orangesicle and yolk via pics.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #11653 on: Tue, 01 September 2015, 05:44:28 »
Here's a shot to compare with the envelope, maybe someone with an Orangesicle or Yolk Yellow could compare ...

(Attachment Link)

PS. Sorry about the posts, I am too excite, and anyway my internets are too slow to upload many pictures at once.

IMO it's not an Orangesicle, I had one for about 6 months and it doesn't look right to me. I've never seen a Yolk Yellow before but that would be my best guess.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #11654 on: Tue, 01 September 2015, 05:49:40 »
Top shot a bit closer to the (artificial) light:

110026-0

The eyes look more dark orange than red btw.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #11655 on: Tue, 01 September 2015, 05:54:12 »
Top shot a bit closer to the (artificial) light:

(Attachment Link)

The eyes look more dark orange than red btw.

i've never had yolk yellow, but it definitely looks yellow and not orange like orangesicle.  is the nose orange as well?

it really reminds me of an egg.  congrats on getting the chicken little tri. :)
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #11656 on: Tue, 01 September 2015, 05:55:34 »
Now with that pic it looks like a candycorn mash-up. It is dope.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #11657 on: Tue, 01 September 2015, 05:58:54 »

(Attachment Link)

Wow man. That is badass.  Never seen it before either.

Congrats.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #11658 on: Tue, 01 September 2015, 05:59:20 »
It looks like yolk yellow to me.
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #11659 on: Tue, 01 September 2015, 06:00:07 »
i've never had yolk yellow, but it definitely looks yellow and not orange like orangesicle.  is the nose orange as well?

Thanks for that - I'd guess you probably have a fairly representative sample of most of the major colours ;)

Yes, the nose is orange too.

Last shot, next to my Oktoberfest for more colour comparison (the Oktoberfest was NOT from Radnelac, just for comparison):

110028-0

CC's really outdone himself this time.

CC: If you are reading this, I don't know how to thank you enough.  I have had a rough last couple of weeks, with the flu and now I've injured my back and can hardly walk.  This little guy really helped me to forget about my problems for a long time tonight.  It's a perfect keycap, I couldn't have asked for anything better!

Thank you :D

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #11660 on: Tue, 01 September 2015, 06:01:22 »

Thanks for that - I'd guess you probably have a fairly representative sample of most of the major colours ;)

Last shot, next to my Oktoberfest for more colour comparison (the Oktoberfest was NOT from Radnelac, just for comparison):

(Attachment Link)

CC: If you are reading this, I don't know how to thank you enough.  I have had a rough last couple of weeks, with the flu and now I've injured my back and can hardly walk.  This little guy really helped me to forget about my problems for a long time tonight.  It's a perfect keycap, I couldn't have asked for anything better!

Congrats Rowdy, so happy for you! It's beautiful.
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 September 2015, 06:03:37 by atlas3686 »

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #11661 on: Tue, 01 September 2015, 06:24:03 »

yeah, it really does look like candy corn colors.  haha very cool.

rowdy's pic with some white balance:
http://i.imgur.com/VLoIoAg.jpg

dustin's candy corn pic:
http://i.imgur.com/hMCPi6O.jpg

yay, rowdy!
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #11662 on: Tue, 01 September 2015, 06:28:25 »

(Attachment Link)

A clack which really defines you, congrats man  :thumb:
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #11663 on: Tue, 01 September 2015, 06:33:33 »
*ahem*

for reference:

looks like yolk yellow to me  :)
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline Belfong

« Reply #11664 on: Tue, 01 September 2015, 07:03:30 »
Well, congrats Rowdy!!! That yellow cap is just so right for you. A Tri and a custom Tri. Just perfect!

I have a yolk yellow. I'll do some comparison shot tomorrow. I'm not sure what I should use to compare. That CC envelope is a good one. What other common yellow you have that can be used?

Regardless - beautiful key. naasfu's Chicken Little reference is so apt!

Offline fknraiden

« Reply #11665 on: Tue, 01 September 2015, 07:12:46 »

(Attachment Link)

Congrats! Wonderful Yellow =)

IBM SSK 87'     ReAlForce 55g Silent 10AE

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #11666 on: Tue, 01 September 2015, 07:25:23 »
Let us not overlook this...

RIP

.   .

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
Post your clacks!
« Reply #11667 on: Tue, 01 September 2015, 07:41:17 »
Let us not overlook this...

Show Image

RIP

.   .

« Last Edit: Tue, 01 September 2015, 07:45:53 by heedpantsnow »
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #11668 on: Tue, 01 September 2015, 07:54:34 »

65 buck win

neon pink, picture doesnt do the colour justice but it literally is the colour of a pink highlighter
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline Belfong

« Reply #11669 on: Tue, 01 September 2015, 07:57:40 »

Show Image

65 buck win

neon pink, picture doesnt do the colour justice but it literally is the colour of a pink highlighter
Nice one Bunny! Looks like MX to me, isn't it?

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #11670 on: Tue, 01 September 2015, 07:58:28 »
nice gets rowdy and bunny!

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #11671 on: Tue, 01 September 2015, 08:07:06 »
Show Image

65 buck win

It's a sign, Miami GMK need to start ;)
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #11672 on: Tue, 01 September 2015, 08:09:50 »
Show Image

65 buck win

My god. That is a thing of beauty.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #11673 on: Tue, 01 September 2015, 08:10:42 »

Show Image

65 buck win

Man that's nice!
I'm back.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #11674 on: Tue, 01 September 2015, 08:18:31 »
More pictures.   :)

Show Image

Show Image

:O  That's amazing...!

Show Image

#TeamOG

:O  That's amazing too...

(Attachment Link)

:O  And that's amazing too...

Show Image

65 buck win

Okay, what the actual ****.  Too good.  :p

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #11675 on: Tue, 01 September 2015, 08:20:23 »
Show Image

65 buck win

Love that color!

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #11676 on: Tue, 01 September 2015, 08:23:10 »
Show Image

65 buck win

wow that's nooooiiiccceee bunny ! I would love to see a side by side with octopink
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline joey

« Reply #11677 on: Tue, 01 September 2015, 08:30:41 »
*ahem*

for reference:

Show Image

looks like yolk yellow to me  :)
Rowdy's looks likes a yolky one off to me :)

ps. Bunny nice pink!

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #11678 on: Tue, 01 September 2015, 09:05:11 »
Wow, missed some sick caps last night. Bunny's may be my favorite clackvent cap so far.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #11679 on: Tue, 01 September 2015, 09:19:45 »
Maybe from that summer sale that got cancelled last year?

I'd better hope wyfe doesn't see Bunny's pic.

Offline R1N3

« Reply #11680 on: Tue, 01 September 2015, 09:42:26 »
Show Image

65 buck win

bruh...

Offline ekw808

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Ekw
« Reply #11681 on: Tue, 01 September 2015, 10:52:50 »

(Attachment Link)

Grats, thats a great lookin cap, looks like the reverse flash!
[One Keyboard at a time]

My Heatware Please comment, and I will do the same =D 

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #11682 on: Tue, 01 September 2015, 11:34:33 »

(Attachment Link)

It's the special edition Rowdy Yellow Candy Corn.  Perfect for you.

Show Image

65 buck win

So jealous.  I love me some neon colors.

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #11683 on: Tue, 01 September 2015, 11:35:51 »

(Attachment Link)

You got your yellow!  That's awesome  :thumb:

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #11684 on: Tue, 01 September 2015, 13:53:28 »
Show Image

65 buck win

Cool! Looking forward to see it on a board of yours! :D

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #11685 on: Tue, 01 September 2015, 15:20:28 »

yeah, it really does look like candy corn colors.  haha very cool.

rowdy's pic with some white balance:
http://i.imgur.com/VLoIoAg.jpg

dustin's candy corn pic:
http://i.imgur.com/hMCPi6O.jpg

yay, rowdy!

ROWDY Thats sickkkk! Yeah looks like candy corn colors!  :thumb:

Offline btctopre

« Reply #11686 on: Tue, 01 September 2015, 16:43:49 »
really nice cap rowdy, big congrats!

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #11687 on: Tue, 01 September 2015, 17:00:32 »
Basically a repost but could someone please tell me the name of the darker blue. I'm thinking ionospheric blue but I'm not sure because until this past week I've never owned a clack.
110062-0
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #11688 on: Tue, 01 September 2015, 17:01:43 »

(Attachment Link)

Basically a repost but could someone please tell me the name of the darker blue. I'm thinking ionospheric blue but I'm not sure because until this past week I've never owned a clack.
Pretty sure that's "JQ is a Clickclack Boss" blue
I'm back.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #11689 on: Tue, 01 September 2015, 17:02:38 »
I'm not sure because until this past week I've never owned a clack.
(Attachment Link)

Further confirming my "when it rains it pours" observation/theory.  :P

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #11690 on: Tue, 01 September 2015, 17:15:15 »
Further confirming my "when it rains it pours" observation/theory.  :P

Kinda yeah....  :cool:

Pretty sure that's "JQ is a Clickclack Boss" blue

Well now I don't even care what the real name is.  ;)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #11691 on: Tue, 01 September 2015, 21:53:34 »
Thanks guys :)

I have a few other yellow keycaps I can photographs it next to, like Sadsters, for example - lots of people have those for comparison.

I need to take a couple of better pictures in proper sunlight really - those above were taken in the evening under a yellowish desk lamp.

And BunnyLake - that pink is awesome!  My daughter would kill, or at least maim, for a keycap like that :))

Random thought: is the yellow in CandyCorn the same as Yolk Yellow?  Maybe that is CC's signature yellow that he uses where required?

Offline Belfong

« Reply #11692 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 01:25:53 »

I have a few other yellow keycaps I can photographs it next to, like Sadsters, for example - lots of people have those for comparison.

I need to take a couple of better pictures in proper sunlight really - those above were taken in the evening under a yellowish desk lamp.

And BunnyLake - that pink is awesome!  My daughter would kill, or at least maim, for a keycap like that :))

Random thought: is the yellow in CandyCorn the same as Yolk Yellow?  Maybe that is CC's signature yellow that he uses where required?

I can confirm that Yolk Yellow is very, very close to the base of Candy Corn

From top left:
EK Yellow, Yolo Yellow V2
Yolk Yellow and the back of Candy Corn
(With CC's envelop for comparison - the envelop is nearer to EK Yellow)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #11693 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 01:28:43 »

I can confirm that Yolk Yellow is very, very close to the base of Candy Corn
Show Image

From top left:
EK Yellow, Yolo Yellow V2
Yolk Yellow and the back of Candy Corn
(With CC's envelop for comparison - the envelop is nearer to EK Yellow)

Now I'm confused, 'cause my new friend is about the same shade as the envelope, but very slightly darker.

That would seem closer to the EK Yellow in your pic, whereas Yolk Yellow seems quite different.

So maybe it's EK Yellow and not Yolk/CandyCorn Yellow

Offline Belfong

« Reply #11694 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 01:29:10 »
Added bottom row, from left to right: Orangesicle, Hack Orange and EK Red.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #11695 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 01:30:17 »
Show Image

Out of all of those it still looks closer to EK Yellow.

Thank you for the comparison :)

Offline Belfong

« Reply #11696 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 01:31:56 »
If I put all these CC together, Yolk Yellow (or upside down Candy Corn), is blindingly Bright!
If yours is muted, then I think it is, EK Yellow.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #11697 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 01:34:47 »
Show Image

maybe it's my monitor but your 'EK Yellow' looks closer to my yolk yellow than your yolk yellow. Just sayin.

Offline Belfong

Post your clacks!
« Reply #11698 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 01:45:54 »
Show Image

maybe it's my monitor but your 'EK Yellow' looks closer to my yolk yellow than your yolk yellow. Just sayin.
I have a set of yellow skull, Esc and Fn and was told by a couple of people here that these are a Yolk Yellow set :)

(Added yellow printed Topre caps from Realforce to compare)
« Last Edit: Wed, 02 September 2015, 02:08:01 by Belfong »

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #11699 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 01:56:52 »
yeah i guess i'm going off being told that mine is yolk yellow, it definitely doesn't look like other yellow escs that i have seen. i'll have to try to take a non-phone pic sometime to compare.

also uhhh if you wanna let go of one of those FNs you know where to find me  :p