Author Topic: [GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO (In production)  (Read 776150 times)

Offline gutsack

Re: [GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO (In production)
« Reply #2800 on: Sat, 14 April 2018, 19:11:36 »
Actually it's not entirely clear that kits really are arriving. There is, like, one isolated case.

Three kits on this page alone.

Premium kits? I only see one. And as far as I know, one in total across the whole buy. Not a single other person has posted a photo or confirmed receipt of a premium kit. Am I missing something?

Offline Cerasis

« Reply #2801 on: Sat, 14 April 2018, 19:54:30 »
Actually it's not entirely clear that kits really are arriving. There is, like, one isolated case.

Premium kits? I only see one. And as far as I know, one in total across the whole buy. Not a single other person has posted a photo or confirmed receipt of a premium kit. Am I missing something?

Yeah i think that's the first in the thread. My switches and keyset ain't here yet, and yuktsi hasn't responded to my discord pm.
Bantam44 | M0116 | Miuni32 | EXENT | Un-novatouch'd Novatouch to be fixed

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #2802 on: Sat, 14 April 2018, 20:12:34 »

Premium kit here, nothing yet either :(
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline gutsack

« Reply #2803 on: Sat, 14 April 2018, 20:13:20 »

Yeah i think that's the first in the thread. My switches and keyset ain't here yet, and yuktsi hasn't responded to my discord pm.

I've received nothing for my premium kit and Yuktsi stopped responding to PMs.

Offline dead_pixel_design

• IIIV is not a Roman Numeral. Positive Vibes.
« Reply #2804 on: Sat, 14 April 2018, 22:22:09 »
Premium kits?

No, just any kit. We are at least seeing some movement.

Offline fuzzbomb

« Reply #2805 on: Mon, 16 April 2018, 18:27:05 »

I've received nothing for my premium kit and Yuktsi stopped responding to PMs.

Same, no information on my premium kit and no reply from Yuktsi since March 1st.

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #2806 on: Tue, 17 April 2018, 17:15:12 »
Just checking in, I see things are the same
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline Traveler

« Reply #2807 on: Tue, 17 April 2018, 17:55:44 »
Show Image

Eh, it could be worse tbh. Don't get me wrong, things are bad, but it's more of a contained dumpster fire imo (thanks to Yuktsi). Not quite the roaring fire pictured there.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #2808 on: Tue, 17 April 2018, 20:47:02 »
Show Image

Eh, it could be worse tbh. Don't get me wrong, things are bad, but it's more of a contained dumpster fire imo (thanks to Yuktsi). Not quite the roaring fire pictured there.

If anything, that's an flattering illustration of the state of things...

Offline Marvellion

« Reply #2809 on: Wed, 18 April 2018, 00:56:17 »
Show Image

Yuktsi has been AWOL for a while too so yeah the situation is not looking well for most of us.

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #2810 on: Wed, 18 April 2018, 06:16:03 »
Show Image

Yuktsi has been AWOL for a while too so yeah the situation is not looking well for most of us.

No he hasn't, he just launched another GB. He's active, just not here.

Offline Marvellion

« Reply #2811 on: Wed, 18 April 2018, 07:13:41 »
Show Image

And how does that help our situation here?

Offline sachin3767

« Reply #2812 on: Wed, 18 April 2018, 08:05:58 »
Show Image

This is sad news and information for all of us still waiting for something. It means we have to wait even longer as the main GB runner is MIA and yuktsi's priority will be his own GB.

Whitefox|Granite    Tex Yoda II     Exent | dev/tty      MX Master       Planck|Big Bang

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #2813 on: Wed, 18 April 2018, 08:52:54 »
Show Image

It doesn't. It was just a clarification. AWOL is absent. He isn't absent, he's choosing not to reply.

Offline baphotmet

« Reply #2814 on: Wed, 18 April 2018, 09:02:11 »

Offline Data

« Reply #2815 on: Wed, 18 April 2018, 09:10:48 »
Show Image

You must achieve peak Zen to survive this trainwreck.

Offline gumeraser

« Reply #2816 on: Wed, 18 April 2018, 12:21:10 »
Has Oco shipped the premium kit keyset yet? Also who would they even ship the keys too? lol there's no one here.. :blank:

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #2817 on: Wed, 18 April 2018, 12:29:02 »
Has Oco shipped the premium kit keyset yet? Also who would they even ship the keys too? lol there's no one here.. :blank:

They've been received by Yuktsi who went down to the airport to pick them up. He has his own Alice GB he's been handling last couple weeks, he had to put up the threads, organise everything, go through entries, verify them, schedule machining, pick and order materials, etc so surely it's understandable that he hasn't been able to get around to shipping things himself and/or updating us here.

I also have it in good standing that Juahenza is actually not dead outside of Geekhack, but if nothing else I'm sure Yuktsi will get around to figuring this out again once everything's handed off to manufacturing with the Alice.

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #2818 on: Wed, 18 April 2018, 13:33:07 »

I also have it in good standing that Juahenza is actually not dead outside of Geekhack

Oh on good standing wow! So where is that idiot? 

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #2819 on: Wed, 18 April 2018, 13:41:53 »

In.

I don't know where he is and I don't know why he pulled a Houdini here (may have to do with the constant abuse, though that's absolutely not an excuse) - I've just heard from friends and others that they've been in contact and he's alive and well, still involved in keyboards. What that may mean for the Exent or the people here, I have no idea; I have more faith in things wrapping up once Yuktsi finds time now that he's done shipping the 910 and after he mostly figures out the Alice than anything else, personally, but you know.

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #2820 on: Wed, 18 April 2018, 13:43:59 »

I also have it in good standing that Juahenza is actually not dead outside of Geekhack

Hopefully he's hand-carding my.replacement acrylic bottom.

Which is getting worse and I've never used the keyboard.

Offline chromatically

« Reply #2821 on: Thu, 19 April 2018, 02:14:38 »
I received an update from yuktsi today, new tracking info (that currently says tracking not found/pending, will supposedly update in 24 hrs). Makes me wonder what the first number I was given 2 months ago was, but progress I guess?

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #2822 on: Thu, 19 April 2018, 05:54:50 »

In.

I don't know where he is and I don't know why he pulled a Houdini here (may have to do with the constant abuse, though that's absolutely not an excuse) - I've just heard from friends and others that they've been in contact and he's alive and well, still involved in keyboards. What that may mean for the Exent or the people here, I have no idea; I have more faith in things wrapping up once Yuktsi finds time now that he's done shipping the 910 and after he mostly figures out the Alice than anything else, personally, but you know.

As far as I know, he's not really involved in keyboards anymore. But he is alive and well. I have regret that I didn't participate in this because I like the board and simultaneously glad that it's a bullet dodged. But it's good to see that Yuktsi is working hard to make it right. It's slow, for sure, but at least it's getting some progress.

Speaking of which, I'd love an extra. Black, pink, premium or regular, doesn't matter. Hit me up if you'd like to sell one at cost.

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Offline gumeraser

« Reply #2823 on: Thu, 19 April 2018, 10:59:09 »

Offline fuzzbomb

« Reply #2824 on: Thu, 19 April 2018, 11:06:03 »

In.

As far as I know, he's not really involved in keyboards anymore. But he is alive and well. I have regret that I didn't participate in this because I like the board and simultaneously glad that it's a bullet dodged. But it's good to see that Yuktsi is working hard to make it right. It's slow, for sure, but at least it's getting some progress.

Speaking of which, I'd love an extra. Black, pink, premium or regular, doesn't matter. Hit me up if you'd like to sell one at cost.

So the group buy runner has not only abandoned the GB but left the community entirely? Well that’s fantastic news.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #2825 on: Thu, 19 April 2018, 12:54:19 »

In.

FYI 910 isn't done shipping yet, think there are some extras and the polycarb version is slated to begin shipping out in the next week or so. yuktsi is a busy boy.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #2826 on: Thu, 19 April 2018, 13:56:05 »

In.

This really makes me think the replacement bottoms are never happening.

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #2827 on: Thu, 19 April 2018, 14:07:24 »

In.

So the group buy runner has not only abandoned the GB but left the community entirely? Well that’s fantastic news.

Not another Ivan, I hope!   :eek:

Offline Marvellion

« Reply #2828 on: Thu, 19 April 2018, 14:14:33 »

Not another Ivan, I hope!   :eek:

It's not that bad, at least the boards are made already. Its just that Yuktsi has a lot of his own GB's boards to ship first, there's still a good chance that we will get our stuff.

Offline Traveler

« Reply #2829 on: Thu, 19 April 2018, 14:16:54 »
FYI 910 isn't done shipping yet, think there are some extras and the polycarb version is slated to begin shipping out in the next week or so. yuktsi is a busy boy.

Busy indeed. Too busy imo; simultaneously running multiple projects at a time is a good way to make mistakes and miss deadlines. Would have been nice to see either 910 or Exent finished before he started Alice. But from what I can tell he is paying for things out of pocket now, so Exent will only be moving forward as long as someone can afford to move boards. And if Alice provides some extra income to help out with Exent in the long run then maybe it'll be ok.

Offline dwarflemur

« Reply #2830 on: Thu, 19 April 2018, 15:29:08 »
And if Alice provides some extra income to help out with Exent in the long run then maybe it'll be ok.
Gotta be careful, that's close to pyramid scheme territory
Camp C225 | Norbatouch | ALF X2 + X3 | Orange TKL | CA66 | Leaf 60 | a bunch of others

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #2831 on: Thu, 19 April 2018, 16:13:43 »
I would avoid making too many assumptions about how orders are being fulfilled unless you know for sure. Rumors don't help situations like this at all.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline gumeraser

« Reply #2832 on: Thu, 19 April 2018, 20:31:06 »
It's not that bad, at least the boards are made already. Its just that Yuktsi has a lot of his own GB's boards to ship first, there's still a good chance that we will get our stuff.

Did you hear from someone who heard from someone who heard from someone who heard from jua that all the boards were produced? I heard that too..

As for the boards that were produced, is Yuktsi shipping 1 per month? I'm not sure I understand the situation (understatement) I thought we all already payed for shipping so whoever is running the GB should be funded for that. Is someone literally waiting to get their paycheck from their day job to pay to ship our boards 1 at a time?

Offline g_ken92

« Reply #2833 on: Fri, 20 April 2018, 02:32:12 »
Finally got my Premium kit (polycarb bottom, brass plate). My friend helped to self collect from one of the guys involved in the GB a couple of weeks ago and assembled it for me. The GMK keycaps have already arrived at yuktsi's place, but im yet to get mine since my friend told me that he is sorting them according to order number (more than half of total orders are with gmk keycaps bundled (?) and my order is one of the last).

small crack at one of the screw holes for the metal stand :/

size comparison with norbatouch

No defect on my PCB or the LEDs. The anodization is excellent, noticeably better than norbauer's. Almost similar to iphone's aluminum anodization. Not sure the exact weight, but the exent feels slightly heavier than norbatouch.

Hopefully the group buy runners can sort the rest of the orders as fast as possible.
« Last Edit: Fri, 20 April 2018, 02:35:25 by g_ken92 »

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2834 on: Fri, 20 April 2018, 02:45:35 »
Finally got my Premium kit (polycarb bottom, brass plate). My friend helped to self collect from one of the guys involved in the GB a couple of weeks ago and assembled it for me. The GMK keycaps have already arrived at yuktsi's place, but im yet to get mine since my friend told me that he is sorting them according to order number (more than half of total orders are with gmk keycaps bundled (?) and my order is one of the last).

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

No defect on my PCB or the LEDs. The anodization is excellent, noticeably better than norbauer's. Almost similar to iphone's aluminum anodization. Not sure the exact weight, but the exent feels slightly heavier than norbatouch.

Hopefully the group buy runners can sort the rest of the orders as fast as possible.

Thanks for the excellent post, your board looks great apart from the one slight defect hopefully that gets resolved for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #2835 on: Fri, 20 April 2018, 02:47:41 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

That looks fantastic.

I hope I can find an extra. The more I see it, the more I like it.

Offline Traveler

« Reply #2836 on: Fri, 20 April 2018, 12:14:45 »
my friend told me that he is sorting them according to order number

Oohh, interesting. Is there a way to see what order number we have? I see a line like this on my invoice:

Code: [Select]
Invoice #:Shipping-024
I'm guessing that's my order number? Not a very low number, but not too bad I suppose.

Offline lzlzh035

« Reply #2837 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 04:03:37 »
Anyone got anything?

Offline Moderate

« Reply #2838 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 09:25:07 »
Anyone got anything?

Still waiting for an update on why my February tracking number was and is still a complete dud, so that's a no from me. :thumb:

Offline d.caminero

« Reply #2839 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 10:08:34 »
With a situation like this one, I feel almost guilty having my broken Exent. What a joke of GB

Offline Cerasis

« Reply #2840 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 10:39:30 »
I really want to leave already lol
Just hoping Yuktsi finishes his business soon so he can get to sorting this thing out. I'm only missing out on the caps and switches :/
Bantam44 | M0116 | Miuni32 | EXENT | Un-novatouch'd Novatouch to be fixed

« Reply #2841 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 10:40:38 »
With a situation like this one, I feel almost guilty having my broken Exent. What a joke of GB
What do you mean broken? How so?
MAAASSSSDDDRROOOPPPPPP!!!!!

Offline gumeraser

« Reply #2842 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 14:26:34 »
What a joke of GB

I'm not sure if I should throw my exent in the trash if it ever ships or sell it immediately. Not expecting to get the chance to do either..

Offline dead_pixel_design

• IIIV is not a Roman Numeral. Positive Vibes.
« Reply #2843 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 14:51:28 »
I'm not sure if I should throw my exent in the trash if it ever ships or sell it immediately. Not expecting to get the chance to do either..

Why? Once you have it.. It's still a gorgeous board. People wouldn't be nearly so on tilt about it if it wasn't something we all want

Offline p_blaze

« Reply #2844 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 15:13:13 »

Why? Once you have it.. It's still a gorgeous board. People wouldn't be nearly so on tilt about it if it wasn't something we all want

it represents everything wrong with this hobby, that's why
I'd probably find myself selling it too

Offline monkeyplusplus

« Reply #2845 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 15:18:17 »
What a joke of GB

Yeah, you should def just give that pesky board to me when you get it <_< >_>

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #2846 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 17:05:12 »
What a joke of GB

If you don't want it, I'll be the trash can.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #2847 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 17:29:04 »
The "I'm so over it I'll literally throw it away or give it to someone for free" comments are so distasteful (unless you're actually going to do it like the person a few pages back did).

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #2848 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 17:36:17 »
The "I'm so over it I'll literally throw it away or give it to someone for free" comments are so distasteful (unless you're actually going to do it like the person a few pages back did).

Agree, it also tells the person shipping "hey, I don't care for this anymore, ship this last", which is quite funny.

Offline dubious

• 쏘쿨
« Reply #2849 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 18:47:44 »
no way man, ****ting in this thread is the best way to expedite the shipping and production of your keyboard  ;) :thumb: