Author Topic: GH60 Group Buy (Salvage Mode: Enabled - Update in OP)  (Read 1622458 times)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
Re: GH60 Group Buy (Salvage Mode: Enabled - Update in OP)
« Reply #6300 on: Sat, 18 February 2017, 01:30:13 »
dropped off a bunch more of mine yesterday

nearly complete this end

behind on updating the support tickets tho but ill get that done this weekend
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline tricheboars

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Keyboards are Important!
« Reply #6301 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 11:42:49 »
well... ****.

here we are years later and i am about to move. i need to change my address for this. i am not sure what the status of my order is or what is going on at all. hell, i havent even logged into this site in almost 2 years. sorry i got distracted.

so SamWise is doing this now? should i reach out to him directly? any help would be appreciated.

thanks guys. keep clacking.
|  Fundamentalist ErgoDox Zealot  |  HHKB Hybrid

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #6302 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 12:23:24 »
well... ****.

here we are years later and i am about to move. i need to change my address for this. i am not sure what the status of my order is or what is going on at all. hell, i havent even logged into this site in almost 2 years. sorry i got distracted.

so SamWise is doing this now? should i reach out to him directly? any help would be appreciated.

So either Hoff, Mashby or Spamray has your order as they are the US people in charge of shipment.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #6303 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 12:57:29 »
well... ****.

Technically you last posted 6 months ago but that's ok. :P

Mashby is your proxy and he is currently MIA however given his past trustworthiness and being an all around great guy I'm sure it is only a matter of time before he can come up for air and check in. Last update we have from mashby is he was covered up with real life issues much more important than keyboards.

Honestly for anyone moving for any proxy it shouldn't be an issue as we will send a paypal invoice for shipping charges you have to pay before we ship anything thus you have all the power in regards to what address we ship to as we will ship to your paypal confirmed address.

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #6304 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 14:34:36 »
well... ****.

Technically you last posted 6 months ago but that's ok. :P

Mashby is your proxy and he is currently MIA however given his past trustworthiness and being an all around great guy I'm sure it is only a matter of time before he can come up for air and check in. Last update we have from mashby is he was covered up with real life issues much more important than keyboards.

Honestly for anyone moving for any proxy it shouldn't be an issue as we will send a paypal invoice for shipping charges you have to pay before we ship anything thus you have all the power in regards to what address we ship to as we will ship to your paypal confirmed address.

Have we come up with how we're going to handle the diy kits with smd components, I know the plan was to ship these separate from the other kits because there were a lot of parts. Any updates on that?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #6305 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 15:06:00 »
well... ****.

Technically you last posted 6 months ago but that's ok. :p

Have we come up with how we're going to handle the diy kits with smd components, I know the plan was to ship these separate from the other kits because there were a lot of parts. Any updates on that?

I believe the below quote is the latest information on the DIY kits

Really happy that something is finally coming my way, but just curious if a decision was made about DIY orders?

I have been waiting to see if the DIY kits are needed after all this time.  And also (well, primarily) procrastinating on dealing with that little box of evil.

However, I have now received two separate requests for info on the DIY kits.  I'll go open the box and see what it will really take to deal with.

And as always, anyone who wants to take this delightful little task off my hands is welcome to it!

- Ron | samwisekoi
Auto-typed by my GH-122 keyboard.

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
  • Sorry, moving houses. Be back ASAP.
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #6306 on: Tue, 21 February 2017, 09:49:48 »
Sigh.  I didn't do that.  I will.

- Ron | samwisekoi
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #6307 on: Tue, 21 February 2017, 14:17:58 »
Ok, I went and looked at this.  Lots of taped parts, so maybe I can use a ruler to cut measured lengths of (e.g.) teeny tiny diodes.  I'll try to make up a couple of kits just to see.   Shipping will be annoying because a blank PCB has to go with each kit.  Perhaps they could be shipped in Priority Mail envelopes?

If there is a person or two in the US who would actually build a DIY kit, let me know and I'll drop one in the mail.  (You have to already be on the list as a buyer, of course.)

Also, the little GH60 stickers ARE in there as well.  Those will be simplest to just drop in the mail in a regular envelope.

- Ron | samwisekoi
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline odd

« Reply #6308 on: Tue, 21 February 2017, 16:06:21 »
Ok, I went and looked at this.  Lots of taped parts, so maybe I can use a ruler to cut measured lengths of (e.g.) teeny tiny diodes.  I'll try to make up a couple of kits just to see.   Shipping will be annoying because a blank PCB has to go with each kit.  Perhaps they could be shipped in Priority Mail envelopes?

If there is a person or two in the US who would actually build a DIY kit, let me know and I'll drop one in the mail.  (You have to already be on the list as a buyer, of course.)

Also, the little GH60 stickers ARE in there as well.  Those will be simplest to just drop in the mail in a regular envelope.

- Ron | samwisekoi

I would love to build a GH60 from a DIY kit. What do you need from me to make this happen?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #6309 on: Wed, 22 February 2017, 17:28:00 »
just to let my guys know im super super behind on support tickets

including the most recent ones i now have just 13 orders left to send

tomorrow night ill tackle support tickets so i apologise to anyone who is due a reply

Offline osxoep

« Reply #6310 on: Fri, 24 February 2017, 17:14:42 »
just to let my guys know im super super behind on support tickets

including the most recent ones i now have just 13 orders left to send

tomorrow night ill tackle support tickets so i apologise to anyone who is due a reply

bunny did you manage to drop off the ones you messaged about last week?
HHKB Pro JP with hasu's controller (waiting for MX sliders)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #6311 on: Fri, 24 February 2017, 17:16:01 »
I did, almost all went out last week but I dropped 5 of them off this morning including yours, so it will either be with you tomorrow or Monday, its first class recorded

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline osxoep

« Reply #6312 on: Sat, 25 February 2017, 14:03:46 »
I did, almost all went out last week but I dropped 5 of them off this morning including yours, so it will either be with you tomorrow or Monday, its first class recorded

got it today :)
thanks for all your work with this GB
HHKB Pro JP with hasu's controller (waiting for MX sliders)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #6313 on: Sun, 26 February 2017, 14:29:10 »

got it today :)
thanks for all your work with this GB

my pleasure sir

sorry for the lack of communication on the slight delay

the trouble is once i get the kid down for the night, i only have a few hours, and if i went on and replied to all my messages etc, well id never get anything done but reply to messages

glad it arrived safe

Offline Korseir

« Reply #6314 on: Sun, 26 February 2017, 20:10:47 »
Will there be extras or another chance to get in on the group buy?

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #6315 on: Sun, 26 February 2017, 20:46:24 »
Will there be extras or another chance to get in on the group buy?

This group buy is 4 years old. I don't think there will be another round but if you want a board check http://techkeys.us/collections/accessories/products/gh60

Offline Korseir

« Reply #6316 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 08:18:25 »
Ah thank you sir

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6317 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 15:33:06 »
I feel like the pcb mount 6.25 stabilizer doesn't work with the plate. The metal part of the stabilizer hits the bottom of the plate causing the mx mounts of the stabs to raise.

It's like there isn't enough clearance.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #6318 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 16:33:32 »
I feel like the pcb mount 6.25 stabilizer doesn't work with the plate. The metal part of the stabilizer hits the bottom of the plate causing the mx mounts of the stabs to raise.

have you tried turning the wire over, like flipping it so the kink in the wire heads towards the pcb rather than the plate

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6319 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 21:36:33 »

have you tried turning the wire over, like flipping it so the kink in the wire heads towards the pcb rather than the plate
I'll try

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #6320 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 09:00:23 »

- Ron | samwisekoi

It's been so long I can't recall how many DIY kits I had ordered, but I believe there were more then a few. I'd be in interested in getting them if possible. In fact, given the quantity you could probably drop all the little parts in a Ziploc bag and ship me those and the boards in a small flat rate box. I originally wanted to take on another soldering challenge, but that was a few years ago, I'm still up to it again though...

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #6321 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 09:45:08 »
It's been so long I can't recall how many DIY kits I had ordered, but I believe there were more then a few. I'd be in interested in getting them if possible. In fact, given the quantity you could probably drop all the little parts in a Ziploc bag and ship me those and the boards in a small flat rate box. I originally wanted to take on another soldering challenge, but that was a few years ago, I'm still up to it again though...

You ordered qty = 8 DIY kits according to the master spreadsheet.  Please PM or e-mail me your shipping address and we'll see what we can do.

Thanks!

- Ron | samwisekoi
Auto-typed by my GH-122 keyboard.

Offline zoidbergslo

« Reply #6322 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 09:55:15 »

I'll try

Costar stabilizer had to be turned around as well. Wire still hits that switch but it works without a problem.
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 February 2017, 09:59:19 by zoidbergslo »
Filco Tenkeyless

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6323 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 10:59:58 »

I'll try

Costar stabilizer had to be turned around as well. Wire still hits that switch but it works without a problem.
What if I use my backup plate mount cherry stabs? Do you think that could work as well?

I have multiple 2u, 6.25u, and 7u cherry stabs.

Offline pexon

• * Maker
  • El Jefe of Sleeving
    • Pexon PCs
« Reply #6324 on: Wed, 01 March 2017, 17:39:47 »
I've been out of the loop and got tired of looking for updates. I tried looking at the order confirmation and its blank. How do I go about checking if my order will ever get to me or not? I noticed some people were getting stuff sent out?

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #6325 on: Wed, 01 March 2017, 17:54:12 »
I've been out of the loop and got tired of looking for updates. I tried looking at the order confirmation and its blank. How do I go about checking if my order will ever get to me or not? I noticed some people were getting stuff sent out?

Hit up Bunny. He is your proxy.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #6326 on: Fri, 03 March 2017, 14:04:00 »
hey folks

sorry ive had a pretty murderous week and am a bit behind here

i have 18 more orders left to ship, the same amount as i had last week still to do

i cant apologise enough for the lack of forward momentum this week

tonight ive gotten on top of all the support requests i needed to do for jtk sophomore, and tomorrow i am dedicating to the gh60 support requests and will get the last of mine wrapped up asap

i will make sure tomorrow night every single person left waiting will have a reply with a date your order will be shipped by

but as a rough guess we are talking any orders that dont need assembly by next friday and all orders with assembly by the friday after

happy zelda day

Offline metafour

« Reply #6327 on: Fri, 03 March 2017, 19:32:10 »
Hoff, should everyone in your group have received a confirmation email by now? I haven't seen anything come through.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #6328 on: Sat, 04 March 2017, 09:38:03 »
Hoff, should everyone in your group have received a confirmation email by now? I haven't seen anything come through.

Nope, I haven't sat down and cranked the rest of those out yet.  I'll get yours sent out right now though.  :thumb:

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #6329 on: Sat, 04 March 2017, 16:02:04 »
Emails sent today to the following users:

metafour
fl0w3n
Beauthegamer
Rashunaleyes
flowbish
gomez18
OddOne
gtarget
Strelok
WRXChris
Infallible
Lugoues
ApocalypseMaow
eyesmiles
bw
ninjadoc
Jorgenstein
Sai
Autolyze
Viett
registered99
spdx
Kabuks
TheFlyingRaccoon
GeorgeK
jdcarpe

If your name is in this list and you didn't receive an email, let me know.

At this point I have made contact with everyone in my proxy list, aside from the four people that took over parts of jcrouse's order (will work on piecing that together now).  If you think you should have been contacted by me and have not been, please let me know.

Offline Strelok

« Reply #6330 on: Sun, 05 March 2017, 03:31:46 »
God damn, haven't posted here in years, only logged in a couple times to check this thread and hope. Can't believe it's actually happening.

I have a problem now though... I have to a get a case.

What's everyone else going to be using? Dunno if I wanna shell out for the FJELL buy or if I like the look of the X60.

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #6331 on: Sun, 05 March 2017, 09:44:03 »
God damn, haven't posted here in years, only logged in a couple times to check this thread and hope. Can't believe it's actually happening.

I have a problem now though... I have to a get a case.

What's everyone else going to be using? Dunno if I wanna shell out for the FJELL buy or if I like the look of the X60.

Unless you are in either group buy now, you can no longer enter those.

Offline Niall

« Reply #6332 on: Sun, 05 March 2017, 12:00:29 »
ok non conus folks

Sorry, what exactly do you mean by non-conus?  :))

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #6333 on: Sun, 05 March 2017, 12:01:28 »
ok non conus folks

People who aren't conus or Canada to be specific

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #6334 on: Sun, 05 March 2017, 12:03:33 »
ok non conus folks

CONUS = Continental US
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #6335 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 21:19:44 »
Quick update for my people:
I've received quite a few responses to my emails, but have not had a chance yet to pack and invoice the orders. Work has been and will continue to be crazy and unpredictable, due to an unexpected issue that occurred. I'll get back to everyone as soon as I can - I haven't forgotten about you!  :)

Offline miscsubbin

« Reply #6336 on: Fri, 10 March 2017, 16:05:28 »
I've received quite a few responses to my emails, but have not had a chance yet to pack and invoice the orders. Work has been and will continue to be crazy and unpredictable, due to an unexpected issue that occurred. I'll get back to everyone as soon as I can - I haven't forgotten about you!  :)

I was supposed to get an email from you, but I haven't. I've tried PMing you but my messages don't show up in my sent folder, so I'm unconvinced they're actually getting sent. Have you received any?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #6337 on: Fri, 10 March 2017, 16:20:14 »

I was supposed to get an email from you, but I haven't. I've tried PMing you but my messages don't show up in my sent folder, so I'm unconvinced they're actually getting sent. Have you received any?

You can turn on saving sent messages to sent folder in your options

You can also add yourself as a bcc in the pm if you want to see if the message sends

But by default they wouldn't be in your sent folder

Offline jspark

« Reply #6338 on: Fri, 10 March 2017, 23:01:32 »
I'm in the US. When I would get my GH60?
KBC Poker X Cherry MX Black switch
Filco Majestouch2 Ninja Cherry MX Blue switch
IBM Model M 1391401 in 1988

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
    • All your base are belong to us!
« Reply #6339 on: Sat, 11 March 2017, 00:30:28 »
I'm in the US. When I would get my GH60?

your proxy is mashby please look at this...

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=41464.msg2057098#msg2057098

The last heard of mashby was that he is very busy with his personal life and he has not logged on since October 05, 2016 (only 5+ months  :'( )
I am in the same group as you.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #6340 on: Sun, 12 March 2017, 04:10:08 »
to all my guys who i messaged saying your order will ship on friday

itll now be going out tomorrow morning

after that i just have 6 builds to do this week which will be dropped off on friday

i have a few people who have opened support tickets recently i still need to reply to and will do that tonight tomorrow night and then there were a handful of people i messaged a week or so ago i needed some more info from which i havent checked the replies on yet but i will be doing that tomorrow and packing those accordingly to drop off with the friday builds

thanks for everyones patience ive been doing this in between working on my sophomore buy so sorry ive been a bit scatty but we are nearly done now

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #6341 on: Sun, 19 March 2017, 13:54:40 »
got a bunch more out yesterday and will have the last of the standard orders out by tomorrow afternoon and will then update the tickets from the last week

after that i had a quick glance and there are some new tickets and replies i need to get back to, that will be done tomorrow

i was working on some complete builds late last week, ive built 5 of 8( a couple more came in), i have 3 more to do which will be done tuesday night and then i just need to program them up and i can get them dropped off

i know ive been a bit more scatty as of late but had to finish off the replacements for my sophomore gb

Offline Viett

« Reply #6342 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 07:01:31 »
I am trying to track down the 63 Cherry Brown switches that I ordered from 7-bit that he confirmed were sent to the group buy. Neither samwisekoi nor my proxy, HoffmanMyster, have them. I'm not sure who might as I have not deciphered every detail in this thread. Who should I be getting in touch with?
Keyboards: FKBN87MC/NPEK, Dell AT101W (Black), IBM Model M 1391401 (91) x 2, Deck 82 Fire, Cherry MX8100 (Clears), Siig Minitouch
Layouts: Colemak (100WPM), QWERTY (100WPM) -- Alternative Layouts Review

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #6343 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 07:04:24 »
I am trying to track down the 63 Cherry Brown switches that I ordered from 7-bit that he confirmed were sent to the group buy. Neither samwisekoi nor my proxy, HoffmanMyster, have them. I'm not sure who might as I have not deciphered every detail in this thread. Who should I be getting in touch with?

To my knowledge all switches went to tj, including the 7bit ones, and from there went to Sam, and from Sam to the proxies

I guess just trace that line back till you find the last confirmed person with them, may also be worth confirming with 7 bit who he sent them to

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #6344 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 19:04:51 »

I've definitely been receiving your PMs, and have updated your shipping information and received your order confirmation.  Unfortunately, I've been absolutely slammed by work lately so just haven't had a chance to get things packed and invoiced.  That will all be coming as soon as I'm able.

Offline miscsubbin

« Reply #6345 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 13:43:42 »

I've definitely been receiving your PMs, and have updated your shipping information and received your order confirmation.  Unfortunately, I've been absolutely slammed by work lately so just haven't had a chance to get things packed and invoiced.  That will all be coming as soon as I'm able.

No problem, just making sure I wasn't being incompetent with the messaging system.

Offline elton5354

« Reply #6346 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 13:51:00 »
So who is handling Canadian orders? :O

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #6347 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 13:54:07 »

To my knowledge they are split across the 4 north American proxies

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #6348 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 13:55:17 »

@Mashby is your proxy, he is currently MIA and his last report was he was covered up with work + life etc.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #6349 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 15:16:23 »
gonna sound like a broken record here, but once again i need to apologise

for the last 3 weeks i have made zero progress with this, the day after my last update the jtk sliders arrived to me and i was shipping those and there was alot, it has completely consumed me the last 3 weeks, i know that is nobody heres problem but i have to take care of my personal obligations before my donated time on this

that being said my lack of communication is totally unacceptable, especially to the 6 people whom i messaged saying i was going to drop of your orders 3 weeks ago and havent, not to excuse myself but merely to offer an explanation, i was just trying to focus on one thing and clear it as fast as possible so i could then take that same attack on what i have remaining here

its my wifes birthday weekend and im not around at all this evening, but tomorrow night i will contact everyone remaining on my list via their support ticket, and will work monday through through thursday evenings on getting as much cranked out as i possibly can to drop off this friday, and have everything else completed for the following week

you guys have all waited so long and im sorry to have been another slight bottleneck to this it just fell at an awkward time for me

im very much looking forward to having my house cleared of this stuff and now i have the sliders basically finished ive finally got the room again to pull everything back out and get this finished