Author Topic: What Keyboard Are You Using Now?  (Read 2763663 times)

Offline ojrask

• juuh elikkäs
Re: What Keyboard Are You Using Now?
« Reply #5600 on: Tue, 10 October 2017, 14:51:23 »
I'm using my new ErgoDox. RIP muscle memory.
Current:
    Ducky DK9008P [MX Blues] | WASD V2 TKL [MX Blues] | r63 (Satan 60% DIY) [Gateron Browns] | BananaSplit 60% [Gateron Greens] | UK78 [67g Zealios] | Infinity ErgoDox [MX Clears] | Pearl 40% [78g Zealios] | G81-3000
Coming up:
    DZ60/SKB60-WKL [100g MX Silent Blacks] | G81-3000 [Box Navies] Handwire
IC/GB:
    GMK Strogg | G81/80-3000 MX metal plate

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #5601 on: Tue, 10 October 2017, 15:44:46 »
I've finally put in enough time using my mechmini as a daily driver that I'm back to typing full speed again. I really like having a split spacebar as it's very versatile and having the numbers and symbols on a function layer actually saves me less keystrokes. I think the best part about a 40% keyboard is the reduced travel for my fingers since everything is super close from home row with just one row up or down.

Even something like pressing backspace requires less effort since it's right beside P and is just one key up for my pinky while resting on home row. And since it's 1u it requires even less actuation.

Is there a typing  comparison of a 40 layout vs 60 or larger keyboard, somewhere?

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #5602 on: Tue, 10 October 2017, 16:03:34 »

^_^

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #5603 on: Tue, 10 October 2017, 16:48:57 »

^_^

It seems that he is running some bot code like this:

$( "#inputfield" ).keyup(function() { $("#inputfield").val( $(".highlight").text() )});

lol

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #5604 on: Tue, 10 October 2017, 17:38:12 »
Nope, Plover.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #5605 on: Tue, 10 October 2017, 18:03:56 »
87UB 55g uniform. Best Board Ever. ENDGAME
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline xtianyves

• YvesDrop
« Reply #5606 on: Wed, 11 October 2017, 18:32:10 »
I've finally put in enough time using my mechmini as a daily driver that I'm back to typing full speed again. I really like having a split spacebar as it's very versatile and having the numbers and symbols on a function layer actually saves me less keystrokes. I think the best part about a 40% keyboard is the reduced travel for my fingers since everything is super close from home row with just one row up or down.

Even something like pressing backspace requires less effort since it's right beside P and is just one key up for my pinky while resting on home row. And since it's 1u it requires even less actuation.

No but that's a great blog post idea!

Would you find it useful to read something like that though? I was using a 60% for the past year and only just moved to 40% recently so let me know what kind of info you're after. I guess besides finger placement there's just the whole programming for my personal typing habits, etc. Can't think of anything else off top of my head.

Is there a typing  comparison of a 40 layout vs 60 or larger keyboard, somewhere?

Offline Cynamin

« Reply #5607 on: Wed, 11 October 2017, 19:52:20 »
Switching between a Corsair Strafe with dvorak and a Razer Blackwidow with qwerty. I can't wait to buy literally anything to replace both of them, but I'm eyeing the Qisan magicforce 68 for my next purchase.
Until then, suffering.

Offline Tactile

« Reply #5608 on: Wed, 11 October 2017, 21:58:57 »
122 Key Model F from 1985.
REΛLFORCE

Offline E3E

« Reply #5609 on: Wed, 11 October 2017, 23:41:35 »

Just my sharp little Sharp.

Alps SKCM Cream (the ones that come from NeXT non-ADB keyboards, not the dampened ones)

AT101 alphas.

I'm going to need to do some RBing soon. I love this little thing.

Offline typo

« Reply #5610 on: Thu, 12 October 2017, 00:16:35 »
Topre RGB. Lubed and Oringed. It is not built like these 70's-80's boards. Or at least seemingly not. Nothing is today. That was an age when the usage of materials did not matter to anyone. You compare a board with 4-5 Inches around it to one with .5 Inches. That is not to say it cannot be solid in it's own right but not that kind of solid. At the moment I actually am appreciating a more compact board. I have the usual suspects M,F,Wyse and all of that.  The point where it is too small for me is the HHKB. Of which I have 3 as well.

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #5611 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 07:53:28 »

:eek:

Offline dante

« Reply #5612 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 08:09:40 »
Back on the Dell KB522... Yes it's nice that the HP KU-0901 is tenkeyless but the domes are a little stiff.  I think they are weighed out to around 65g-70g.

I am going to open it up over the weekend to see if it's remotely doable to either put KB522 domes in or even those 35g ones made for the Plum.

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #5613 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 08:49:34 »
Some Microsoft wireless KB I was issued at work. The layout is all smooshed and I keep hitting 'Insert' instead of backspace.

Offline teknikality

« Reply #5614 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 12:13:10 »
Realforce 87U 55G for home use and a Plum Nano75 for work.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5615 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 12:49:56 »
Pájaro negro

Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline DALExSNAIL

• * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #5616 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 13:32:51 »
Pájaro negro

Show Image

Not enough shine, aka GARB

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5617 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 13:46:29 »
Pájaro negro

Show Image

Not enough shine, aka GARB

Greasin up my fingers as we speak
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #5618 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 15:18:45 »
Work board:  Chinese TKL kit, lubed and stickered 62g vintage browns, PBT massdrop caps. 

180334-0
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline Azmodan

• Strangers have the best candy!
« Reply #5619 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 16:11:18 »
At home I am currently using a Logitech G610 Brown, which I am looking to replace with an IBM Model M (non-Lexmark) and at work I replaced a tenkeyless Chinese I-500 with MX Blue switches, with a 1992 IBM Model M (getting a Unicomp ESC key for it since it came without one).
180341-0

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #5620 on: Tue, 17 October 2017, 02:46:44 »
Microsoft Natural Keyboard Elite

Model number is E06401COMB. Sounds like Key Tronic. They definitely made the older model (simply "Natural Keyboard") and it would explain the relatively stiff but tight domes.

I'm using it mainly because I'm at my dad's place, but haven't brought my usual travel keyboard. This layout drives me mad. 6 on the wrong side (heh) combined with a weird-feeling offset due to the split, and I'm lazy to remap the whole number row for only a day of typing. I'd also get rid of the numpad or nav section. So yeah, I basically want the more recent Sculpt Ergonomic keyboard. I do have one at home, but still never use it, because of the annoying wireless implementation.

Offline Coffee

« Reply #5621 on: Tue, 17 October 2017, 12:01:24 »
Realforce 87U 55g just arrived, and it is one awesome in all regards. I love that deep dark clack.

For gaming, I'm still using the Leopold FC750R PD with Kailh Box Whites, which has a much brighter clicky sound to them. Sometimes I use a Filco MJ2 TKL with Kailh Box Pale Blues which feel like the 55g version of the Box Whites.

Edit: I actually have been using the Realforce for gaming too (League of Legends) and really liking it  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 October 2017, 22:02:08 by Coffee »

Offline DALExSNAIL

• * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #5622 on: Tue, 17 October 2017, 14:40:05 »
Work board:  Chinese TKL kit, lubed and stickered 62g vintage browns, PBT massdrop caps. 

(Attachment Link)

Got a board with vintage browns coming soon, how you liking yours?

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #5623 on: Tue, 17 October 2017, 14:40:39 »
Magicforce 68 Outemu Blues

180403-0

(don't worry about the desk. It's fine)

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #5624 on: Tue, 17 October 2017, 15:09:35 »

(Attachment Link)

With the stock springs I didn't care for them, but with the 62g springs they are very nice.  Also, this board has a heavy steel plate so they feel really solid. 

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Offline DALExSNAIL

• * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #5625 on: Tue, 17 October 2017, 15:12:17 »

(Attachment Link)

With the stock springs I didn't care for them, but with the 62g springs they are very nice.  Also, this board has a heavy steel plate so they feel really solid. 

Mine are 65g gold w/ some thicc lube

Had them on an old compaq for a long time and loved them, so was just hoping that after tuning them up they'd be even better.

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #5626 on: Tue, 17 October 2017, 15:16:59 »

(Attachment Link)

Mine are 65g gold w/ some thicc lube

Had them on an old compaq for a long time and loved them, so was just hoping that after tuning them up they'd be even better.
I think you will like them a lot. 

Offline psiclone

« Reply #5627 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 09:55:32 »

(Attachment Link)

Nice setup!

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #5628 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 10:01:26 »

(Attachment Link)

Nice setup!

Thank you.  I know the transparent red space bar is not for everyone, but this setup finally let me use this one from an ancient Keypop GB.  I actually just signed up for the dyesub cherry blossom spacebar GB on massdrop and think that one will really go well with the theme of the board. 

180766-0
« Last Edit: Tue, 24 October 2017, 10:05:07 by Badwrench »

Offline Corgi Butts

« Reply #5629 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 10:27:21 »
Whitefox v1.1 in Truefox layout w/ 78g lubed Zeals & SIP socket LEDs.  Stock caps for now till MiTo decides to finally produce GMK Laser.

Logitech M570 and a Kinesis numpad to go with it as it's my daily driver at work since I hardly ever use my computer at home any more.

Offline MGMorden

« Reply #5630 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 20:11:02 »
At the moment, a Unicomp Spacesaver.  In the other room I usually use a "real" Model M but right now I've got a Logitech K840 hooked up to play with Romer-G's. 

At work I was using a Scorpius iOne M10 (Cherry MX Blues) until recently when I switched to an E-3lue with Chinese Cherry MX Blue clones. 

I'd like to build my own board soon.  Looking into Gons for the board/case and a NovelKeys Kailh Heavy Pale Blue clicky switches (the Kailh box switches really look interesting from what I've seen). 

Boards: Unicomp Spacesaver (Buckling Spring) - IBM Model M (Buckling Spring) - Scorpius iOne M10 (Cherry MX Blue) - Logitech K840 (Romer-G) - E-3lue Cobra (replaced with NovelKeys Box Jades) - Smith Corona 6311 (Acer switches) - Matias Tactile Pro PC (Matias Click Switches) - Apple Desktop Bus Keyboard (Alps SKCM Orange)

Offline invariance

• ...here with all the other boson's
« Reply #5631 on: Wed, 25 October 2017, 03:33:33 »
At work for the last month or so I had been using my 'lubed' Microsoft Ergonomic 4000.  I love the layout and negative tilt of the board with the front support but despise the rubber domes.
Finally got jack of the feel and pulled out my Wyse 85 to use for a while.
Oh it feels good.
The only BS I
want to hear is
from a Model M:
PN:1391401
DOB: 04FEB87
      Wyse 85      Mtek K104
SMK Blue: Chicony KB-5181; HyperX Aqua: HyperX Alloy Origins *Yet-to-rebuild: A 69 key C. P. Clare Foam & Foil assy *Rubber: Digital LK46W-A2; uSoft Natural Pro RT9401, Natural Multimedia 1.0A RT9470, Natural Ergonomic 4000 KU-0460; "Avid" Sejin SLKR2233; "Diamond Touch" Mitsubishi 6511-PB

Offline Azmodan

« Reply #5632 on: Wed, 25 October 2017, 14:32:59 »
At the moment, a Unicomp Spacesaver.  In the other room I usually use a "real" Model M but right now I've got a Logitech K840 hooked up to play with Romer-G's. 

At work I was using a Scorpius iOne M10 (Cherry MX Blues) until recently when I switched to an E-3lue with Chinese Cherry MX Blue clones. 

I'd like to build my own board soon.  Looking into Gons for the board/case and a NovelKeys Kailh Heavy Pale Blue clicky switches (the Kailh box switches really look interesting from what I've seen). 

Show Image

Are the Chinese MX Blue clones Outemu? Do you find that they have a better more crisper feeling than the original Cherry MX blues?

Offline MGMorden

« Reply #5633 on: Wed, 25 October 2017, 17:47:42 »
Are the Chinese MX Blue clones Outemu? Do you find that they have a better more crisper feeling than the original Cherry MX blues?

They're not Outemu (at least they're not marked as such).  I'm at home at the moment so I can't pull a key and check but they were branded with a three letter combination that starts with "J".  I won't be back to work until Monday so I could check on it for sure then.

I do find the keys a bit better than Cherrys.  Mostly because I think they're weighted a bit higher and I'm used to buckling springs so I like slightly heavier actuation force.  They still feel a bit "off" though.  That's why I really want to try the Kailh box switches - the "clickbar" they use looks like it'd provide a bit more substantial "click" on the key press versus the Cherry or clones. 

EDIT: The switches are marked "JWH".
« Last Edit: Mon, 30 October 2017, 11:00:02 by MGMorden »
Boards: Unicomp Spacesaver (Buckling Spring) - IBM Model M (Buckling Spring) - Scorpius iOne M10 (Cherry MX Blue) - Logitech K840 (Romer-G) - E-3lue Cobra (replaced with NovelKeys Box Jades) - Smith Corona 6311 (Acer switches) - Matias Tactile Pro PC (Matias Click Switches) - Apple Desktop Bus Keyboard (Alps SKCM Orange)

Offline psiclone

« Reply #5634 on: Thu, 26 October 2017, 10:30:47 »
I've used an Outemu blue against a Kailh Pro Aqua and a Kailh Speed Pink.  My preference is the last one and my least favorite is the first.  The Outemu seems more wobbly and scratchy.

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #5635 on: Thu, 26 October 2017, 13:48:31 »
Rotated into this one yesterday after reprogramming it (pain in the ass) and putting a keycap set on it that i had in my vault. Stock Gateron Blacks on a Red Scarf III (Ivan Batch)

I wonder if all these new people know what set this is.

Offline Duckyreddy

• Better skadoodle, poodle.
« Reply #5636 on: Thu, 26 October 2017, 14:48:22 »
Rotated into this one yesterday after reprogramming it (pain in the ass) and putting a keycap set on it that i had in my vault. Stock Gateron Blacks on a Red Scarf III (Ivan Batch)

Show Image

Show Image

wowowowow Skull Squadron?!?!??!  :-*

Ducky One Cherry MX Silent Reds

Leopold FC660M MX Blue
Logitech G403/ Razer Naga 2014

Offline OldIsNew

« Reply #5637 on: Sat, 28 October 2017, 00:47:31 »
I acquired a bare KeyTronic magnetic reed keyboard that I thought was kind of cool. So I went ahead and "Teensyfied" it and made a simple wooden frame case for it. I really like these switches!

181019-0          181021-1

181023-2

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #5638 on: Sat, 28 October 2017, 02:25:40 »
And moving along, from the exotic to the mundane...

I'm using an RD Chicony KB-2961 (NIB $10) while guests sleep down the hall.  ;?)

181037-0

181039-1
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #5639 on: Sat, 28 October 2017, 02:27:45 »
(That's an original Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 3000, too—be impressed)
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline Azmodan

« Reply #5640 on: Sat, 28 October 2017, 04:53:04 »
I acquired a bare KeyTronic magnetic reed keyboard that I thought was kind of cool. So I went ahead and "Teensyfied" it and made a simple wooden frame case for it. I really like these switches!

(Attachment Link)           (Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

I love those keycaps!

Offline shurechen

« Reply #5641 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 20:19:54 »
Monoprice Cherry MX Blue   and    HHKB :p :p :p

Offline rich1051414

« Reply #5642 on: Mon, 30 October 2017, 09:13:41 »
Monoprice
Monoprice makes keyboards? Are they as good as everything else they make with a price so low it doesn't even make logical sense?

Siig Minitouch with Orange Alps, Whitefox 60% Zealios 67g, Realforce 87U 55g Topre, LFK SMK/Alps TKL With SMK 2nd Gen Cherry MX mount switches, NEC APC-H412 NEC Blue Ovals, Unicomp Model-M Spacesaver, XMIT Hall Effect, WASD Code Cherry MX Clear, KBDFans75 Lubed Gateron Greens, Azio MGK L80 Kailh Brown, XD84 Pale Blue Box Kailh, NIB Pingmaster TMK Converted, KPrepublic XD96 Blue aluminum case with Jade Box Kailh

Offline BliTzKiN

« Reply #5643 on: Mon, 30 October 2017, 09:53:09 »
Finally got back into the keyboard game after a few years. Picked up my first Topre last week, a Realforce 87U 55g and I'm glad I did. Probably gonna stick with this one for awhile now and looking forward to lube/silence it soon!

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #5644 on: Mon, 30 October 2017, 10:46:10 »
Monoprice
Monoprice makes keyboards? Are they as good as everything else they make with a price so low it doesn't even make logical sense?

I believe Monoprice brands and resells keyboards. Maybe I'm looking at old stock; really depends on which Monoprice keyboard. Sort of like System76 laptops are iirc rebranded Clevo laptops (but to System76's credit they did create a distro).

Offline Calza

« Reply #5645 on: Mon, 30 October 2017, 11:19:16 »
UK78 with SA Jukebox, absolutely beatiful

Offline Calza

« Reply #5646 on: Mon, 30 October 2017, 11:19:39 »
UK78 with SA Jukebox, absolutely beautiful

Offline AMongoose

• happy workman user
« Reply #5647 on: Mon, 30 October 2017, 11:34:00 »
UK78 with SA Jukebox, absolutely beautiful

Pictures pls

Offline dante

« Reply #5648 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 09:01:49 »
Still rocking my Dell KB-522.  I'm seriously considering sending it off to get the force curve analyzed.

Offline skuko

« Reply #5649 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 06:35:42 »

Show Image

Show Image

skull squadron by matt3o, best looking set from SP ever :) i think i will put it on my K-Type today, thanks for the reminder :)