Author Topic: Need help with boot problem  (Read 742 times)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Need help with boot problem
« on: Sat, 08 February 2014, 14:32:28 »
I got a Focus 2001 with 4 bad switches which I replaced.

Now, when I try to boot up, all 3 LEDs come on and stay on, so there is connection and power, but nothing happens from any of the keys.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks!

PS - it has an unmarked switch, presumably for XT/AT, and I have tried it both ways with the same results.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline spiceBar

• ChessTiger.com
Re: Need help with boot problem
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 08 February 2014, 15:39:44 »
I got a Focus 2001 with 4 bad switches which I replaced.

Now, when I try to boot up, all 3 LEDs come on and stay on, so there is connection and power, but nothing happens from any of the keys.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks!

PS - it has an unmarked switch, presumably for XT/AT, and I have tried it both ways with the same results.

I think the LEDs should not stay on but you know that already.

An idea: connect a second keyboard to the computer and press Caps Lock on the second keyboard. Does the Caps Lock LED on the faulty keyboard follow the other one? If not, it could mean the connexion to the computer is not working. Check this first by connecting two working keyboards on your computer (the "Caps LED follows" behavior may be system-specific).