Author Topic: What makes you happy?  (Read 550822 times)

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
Re: What makes you happy?
« Reply #150 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 00:07:57 »
This weekend?

- Calvin and Hobbes
- Polish (stuffed cabbage and piergoes) and Puertro Rican food (Monfongo and steak)
- Mother****ing Jeni's Ice Cream, best ice cream in the country in my opinion
- Playing Diablo 3 with a bro

Show Image

So incredibly jealous that you get to attend the Calvin and Hobbes expo.  Literally one of my favorite childhood memories was getting the Sunday paper so that I could read the strip in color (and it was usually huge).  I still have every book ever printed (that I could find over the years). 

And yes, playing some D3 with buddies is awesome  :thumb:

For today though, happiness is only having to work on Monday before a 6 day vacation in Carmel by the Sea.  Staying right on the beach on Scenic Road  ;D

wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline iri

« Reply #151 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 07:13:03 »
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline EpicSNES

• how do i keyboard
« Reply #152 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 07:59:37 »
I've officially been off nicotine patches since this Friday. Feels good man. :cool:

Filco Tenkeyless mx blue

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #153 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 08:19:19 »
I've officially been off nicotine patches since this Friday. Feels good man. :cool:

Great job!
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline Lurch

« Reply #154 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 08:23:10 »
My credit score went up 40 points! Awesome.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #155 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 08:29:34 »

Oooh, nice, doubled it!  :P

Heh heh.

Seriously though, congrats!  :)  That's always a good thing.

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #156 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 08:31:38 »
Congrats!

LOL I don't mean to steal your thunder, but you inspired me to check mine and WTF.

It went up 71 points since last month! :O wtf awesome

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #157 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 08:33:03 »
Congrats!

LOL I don't mean to steal your thunder, but you inspired me to check mine and WTF.

Not cool, dude.  Only one person can be happy at a time!

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #158 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 08:36:42 »
lololol yeah, I was kinda worried so its nice to be relieved.
This just in: Geekhackers actually have the ability to improve credit without quitting keyboards. wth, must be a short of group buys or something.

Offline Lurch

« Reply #159 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 08:52:16 »

Oooh, nice, doubled it!  :P

Heh heh.

Seriously though, congrats!  :)  That's always a good thing.

How'd you know that I doubled it?! Har. :P

Thanks man! It is definitely good news to discover. :D

Offline Lurch

« Reply #160 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 08:53:26 »
Congrats!

Hot diggity!

I'm not even mad that you stole my thunder (which you totally did). :p

Offline Lurch

« Reply #161 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 09:05:14 »
Congrats!

Not cool, dude.  Only one person can be happy at a time!

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #162 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 10:45:03 »
happiness is only having to work on Monday before a 6 day vacation in Carmel by the Sea.  Staying right on the beach on Scenic Road  ;D

That sounds like fun, Carmel is a great place, don't forget your credit card, hehe :D

Offline Kraksx

« Reply #163 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 12:03:39 »
Finding out that I'll be going to New York for the first time in a couple weeks. This will be my first time in a big city

Poker II

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #164 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 12:05:16 »
Finding out that I'll be going to New York for the first time in a couple weeks. This will be my first time in a big city

That's exciting!  Hope you enjoy yourself.  My opinion on big cities is: they have their pros and cons, just like everything else.   :thumb:

Offline Kraksx

« Reply #165 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 12:06:31 »

That's exciting!  Hope you enjoy yourself.  My opinion on big cities is: they have their pros and cons, just like everything else.   :thumb:

I'm excited, we're going to go see Rock of Ages and Wicked. Visit the MET and the 9/11 memorial and do whatever else we can see. We only have 3 days so we're trying to do as much as we can!

Poker II

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #166 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 15:28:06 »
Unfortunately for me right now it's spending money. And I don't have nearly enough.

But I am going to a massive 4 day LAN at the end of the month, and a weeks holiday on Friday, so I've got that going for me.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #167 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 12:45:25 »
YEET
73556-0
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline Senthura

• Your Doom
« Reply #168 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 13:02:41 »
Ducky Shine 3 TKL Blue switch & Green backlight

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #169 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 14:30:36 »
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #170 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 09:25:54 »
At work we're working with a Japanese company and they have some engineers and mechanics in our shop right now. They told the guys I work with that their names were insertnamehere-San. But some of the guys don't seem to realize that -San is an honorific like Mister. So it's cracking me up that they're using the honorifics and thinking it's part of their name.

It's like thinking that Mr. Rogers' first name is Mister :))

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #171 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 11:48:09 »

At work we're working with a Japanese company and they have some engineers and mechanics in our shop right now. They told the guys I work with that their names were insertnamehere-San. But some of the guys don't seem to realize that -San is an honorific like Mister. So it's cracking me up that they're using the honorifics and thinking it's part of their name.

LOL
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline Lurch

« Reply #172 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 14:59:47 »
Getting an E-mail from Discogs about a record I had on my want list, that is now for sale. :thumb:

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #173 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 15:07:28 »
Getting an E-mail from Discogs about a record I had on my want list, that is now for sale. :thumb:

I get those daily.  I just don't want to pay 30 bucks for it.   :))

Glad to hear something's available for you though!  What is it?

Offline Lurch

« Reply #174 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 16:01:54 »

Haha, yeah I know that feeling.

Kromestar - Poison (heavy dubstep flavors)

I have witnessed some wonderful reactions to this tune being played out on a big system.

Wild skank out business! ;D :p :thumb: :)) :-*

Offline Senthura

• Your Doom
« Reply #175 on: Fri, 08 August 2014, 04:33:43 »

Haha, yeah I know that feeling.

Kromestar - Poison (heavy dubstep flavors)

I have witnessed some wonderful reactions to this tune being played out on a big system.

Wild skank out business! ;D :p :thumb: :)) :-*

I didn't know other people listened to Kromestar. I think I'm glowing with joy. Please let me know if you'd like some strangely obtained MP3 files that he has. There's an album and a single that I got from a Russian site a while back thanks to Google Translate.
Ducky Shine 3 TKL Blue switch & Green backlight

Offline iri

« Reply #176 on: Fri, 08 August 2014, 05:36:35 »
if you knew russian you'd get all possible music for free.

it makes me sad that when people hear "dubstep", they first think of skrillex and not, for example, ranking records.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #177 on: Fri, 08 August 2014, 06:36:39 »

if you knew russian you'd get all possible music for free.

it makes me sad that when people hear "dubstep", they first think of skrillex and not, for example, ranking records.
it makes me sad when dubstep
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #178 on: Fri, 08 August 2014, 07:23:20 »

They never seen Karate Kid either?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #179 on: Sat, 09 August 2014, 19:42:02 »
Tomorrow my roommate is going out of town for 10 days. Naked blunt smoking in the living room party at noisyturtle's place!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #180 on: Sat, 09 August 2014, 20:02:54 »
Hearing my daughter singing to herself because she feels better after having had the flu for much of this week :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #181 on: Sat, 09 August 2014, 20:03:51 »
Today: I was going through old mail and found a check for $50. :D

Offline clacktalk

• CLACKS RULE EVERYTHING AROUND ME
  • circa 2015
« Reply #182 on: Sat, 09 August 2014, 20:06:47 »
Tomorrow my roommate is going out of town for 10 days. Naked blunt smoking in the living room party at noisyturtle's place!
If only I were more comfortable around other people's dix : ' [ Curse my childishness.

I couldn't handle all the old people wangs at the nude beach near my alma mater. Maybe I'm tramautized
diary of a clacktalk

franktalk: how much urine have u spilled
radio_killah: too much frank
radio_killah: too much

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #183 on: Sat, 09 August 2014, 20:45:05 »

Why don't you live closer?

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #184 on: Sun, 10 August 2014, 03:26:06 »

be careful
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #185 on: Sun, 10 August 2014, 03:31:05 »

be careful

Of what? Monsters? I am always careful of monsters, sir.

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #186 on: Sun, 10 August 2014, 04:28:38 »

be careful

Of what? Monsters? I am always careful of monsters, sir.
more like skeletons
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #187 on: Sun, 10 August 2014, 10:04:45 »
When meat and cheese come together, especially in a bread vessel
sell out and eat ass

Offline evolveS

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #188 on: Tue, 12 August 2014, 16:28:01 »
Finally getting Outlook and Office 2013 at work after using Lotus Notes until this point.
"money comes and goes, but doubleshots are forever"
-a petty thief

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #189 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 08:24:00 »
This week:
- Getting my Kishsaver working and typing on it
- Getting a great deal on two fountain pens I've been lusting after for months
- Black Dahlia Murder concert tomorrow
- Flying back to New York this week

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #190 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 09:02:29 »
This week:

Some nice things to look forward to for sure.

What made me happy:
-Receiving $300 worth of stuff thinking it got though customs without them charging me anything (rare, but it happens)

What makes me unhappy:
-Realizing the next day that it was sent through a fed-ex service that does its own customs, and finding the extra charge (19% over retail price + shipping + customs charges) in my mailbox.

Damnit. I think that is the last time I try that. I have not been succesful importing things for a while now. What I really need is someone who I can trust, who can send me stuff in and old box without the invoice. I could even pay that person 15 bucks for every time he sends me something and it would be more than worth it.

My current overall import cost this year (this does not include shipping): 165 euros. Around 50 euros now. Around 50 Euros the last time. And before that Around 12 euros for a 19 euro item. Which was supposed to be able to come in tax free, but I forgot that the shipping cost put it over the value that they actually DO tax. And no matter how small the value, once it is taxed they add a 10 euro customs charges, just because of $%^& you.
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 August 2014, 09:09:18 by Grim Fandango »
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #191 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 09:09:10 »
And I finally got Spotify web browser working again. :D

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #192 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 09:38:24 »
lots of icecream and videogames
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #193 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 13:15:14 »
This week:

What made me happy:
-Receiving $300 worth of stuff thinking it got though customs without them charging me anything (rare, but it happens)

What makes me unhappy:
-Realizing the next day that it was sent through a fed-ex service that does its own customs, and finding the extra charge (19% over retail price + shipping + customs charges) in my mailbox.

Damnit. I think that is the last time I try that. I have not been succesful importing things for a while now. What I really need is someone who I can trust, who can send me stuff in and old box without the invoice. I could even pay that person 15 bucks for every time he sends me something and it would be more than worth it.

My current overall import cost this year (this does not include shipping): 165 euros. Around 50 euros now. Around 50 Euros the last time. And before that Around 12 euros for a 19 euro item. Which was supposed to be able to come in tax free, but I forgot that the shipping cost put it over the value that they actually DO tax. And no matter how small the value, once it is taxed they add a 10 euro customs charges, just because of $%^& you.

Do you need a proxy?  I can proxy for you.  I accept payment in the form of stroopwafels.   ;)

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #194 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 14:04:14 »
This week:

What made me happy:

What makes me unhappy:

Do you need a proxy?  I can proxy for you.  I accept payment in the form of stroopwafels.   ;)

That is awesome. If I need a proxy in the future, I might actually send you a PM  :D

Of course, payment could be in all kind of Dutch treats  :thumb:
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #195 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 14:12:15 »

That is awesome. If I need a proxy in the future, I might actually send you a PM  :D

Of course, payment could be in all kind of Dutch treats  :thumb:

:thumb:   And don't worry, I am being entirely serious.   :D

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #196 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 09:13:15 »
Using the Hakko 808 makes me smile so much! You can really feel the power in that motor. :]

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #197 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 09:18:31 »
Using the Hakko 808 makes me smile so much! You can really feel the power in that motor. :]

Yes it is so quick and easy! Just make sure to keep the barrel cleaned out so it doesn't clog up.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #198 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 01:55:09 »
Just got my Fiance's QFR to go with her Bro Set for under $80! I'm excited. New board for me to mod and then she'll have her own slice of heaven to type on  ;D
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline iri

« Reply #199 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 03:03:57 »
Being on a bus where TV shows pictures of cats and poems from a local contest

-Ray Bradbury