Author Topic: Post your BS boards here!  (Read 431494 times)

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Re: Post your BS boards here!
« Reply #750 on: Fri, 10 November 2017, 20:16:45 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Damn. Very nice XT man. I love that cable hookup  :thumb:

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #751 on: Sat, 11 November 2017, 01:20:35 »
They're multiplying!

Impressive spread, JP! (Nice carpeting, too.) You obviously have some non-standard M's, but how many of the rest are '401s? Any particularly seldom-seen p/n's?

Just saw this here on eBay:

Shouldn't that actually be "Compu Dealt" ?
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline JP

« Reply #752 on: Sun, 12 November 2017, 20:42:32 »
They're multiplying!
Impressive spread, JP! (Nice carpeting, too.) You obviously have some non-standard M's, but how many of the rest are '401s? Any particularly seldom-seen p/n's?

Most of these keyboards are the run of the mill '401s including the ones with the special key caps. I have one '131 and a couple '120s. I plan on cleaning up most of the'401s and bolt mod some and sell them off. I have so many since I was getting them for cheap locally, others I bought for the special key caps.

Unusual or uncommon part numbers include 52G9658, 1394064, Industrial 1390655, Lexmark SSK 1397961, Lexmark FSK 1398601, and a 50 key 1393915.

Not pictured in the family photo is a recent acquisition, a 1394064 with stock trading keys.

182013-0

182015-1

182017-2

182019-3

About Me | The Collection
Therapy is expensive so I buy keyboards and bike parts.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #753 on: Mon, 13 November 2017, 14:15:32 »
They're multiplying!

Most of these keyboards are the run of the mill '401s including the ones with the special key caps. I have one '131 and a couple '120s. I plan on cleaning up most of the'401s and bolt mod some and sell them off. I have so many since I was getting them for cheap locally, others I bought for the special key caps.

Unusual or uncommon part numbers include 52G9658, 1394064, Industrial 1390655, Lexmark SSK 1397961, Lexmark FSK 1398601, and a 50 key 1393915.

Not pictured in the family photo is a recent acquisition, a 1394064 with stock trading keys.

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Oh man, that "More Keys" button is excellent, haha. Neat Return key as well! Very cool find.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #754 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 01:23:38 »

Meanwhile, you get to have a whole roomful of M's—nothing wrong with that! You do realize that from time to time, you're required to chuckle greedily and rub your hands together... Try to avoid drooling, though, especially with that nice carpeting.

man, that "More Keys" button is excellent, haha. Neat Return key as well! Very cool find.

Yes, the '4064 is a fun one. I was lucky to find one a while back, but JP's has mine beat by five months (mine's Jan. 1990).

Those are, to my knowledge, the only double-underlines on any M—obviously the customer didn't want those keys overlooked. (IBM, who were into subtle design, probably considered them a bit much, LOL.) The unusual colors (including red Ctrl's!) and front legends are great, too. And yes, there's that baffling 2nd Return where R Alt would be... Very specialized!
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline JP

« Reply #755 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 07:52:39 »

Meanwhile, you get to have a whole roomful of M's—nothing wrong with that! You do realize that from time to time, you're required to chuckle greedily and rub your hands together... Try to avoid drooling, though, especially with that nice carpeting.

man, that "More Keys" button is excellent, haha. Neat Return key as well! Very cool find.

Yes, the '4064 is a fun one. I was lucky to find one a while back, but JP's has mine beat by five months (mine's Jan. 1990).

Those are, to my knowledge, the only double-underlines on any M—obviously the customer didn't want those keys overlooked. (IBM, who were into subtle design, probably considered them a bit much, LOL.) The unusual colors (including red Ctrl's!) and front legends are great, too. And yes, there's that baffling 2nd Return where R Alt would be... Very specialized!

I am glad you enjoyed my spread. Yep, gotta keep the carpet is good shape since it's basically new. The '4064 is definitely has some unique legends like the 'Escpe' key. Does your '4064 have the stock trading keys as well? I had heard of the '4064 previously but had not seen any pictures. I know a guy who knows a guy who might have more (NIB even  :eek:) but is hoarding them. I was able to buy one though as said collector was moving and had to downsize a little.

Offline 2ter

« Reply #756 on: Mon, 27 November 2017, 16:03:22 »
183081-0

Offline JP

« Reply #757 on: Sat, 02 December 2017, 15:57:57 »
That Model M is very unique. I've never seen clacks like those either.

Offline JP

« Reply #758 on: Sat, 02 December 2017, 16:04:26 »
Completely NIB M15 ;D

183389-0

183391-1

183393-2

Offline ramnes

• T fou, mec?
« Reply #759 on: Sat, 02 December 2017, 17:28:05 »
Very nice find, congratz!
23h18 - photekq: hhkb with silenced realforce sliders and lubricated well is
23h18 - photekq: the best switch i've used

Offline Venatorious

• Gotta Start Somewhere
« Reply #760 on: Sun, 31 December 2017, 00:22:14 »
What have I done?    :eek:

Offline SixtyLife

« Reply #761 on: Sun, 31 December 2017, 03:27:30 »

Show Image

Show Image

omg........................ hope this mod(?) turns out looking nice and clean but that still hurts to look at
Kishsaver, JP SSK, Displaywriter SSK, 360C, HHKB Type S, X60, Jane v2, Jane v2 CE

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #762 on: Sun, 31 December 2017, 10:32:24 »

Show Image

Show Image

Oh man. Can't wait to see this finished!

Offline Venatorious

• Gotta Start Somewhere
« Reply #763 on: Mon, 01 January 2018, 13:11:10 »
Update:

I think it turned out pretty good aside from the little indent at the lower left corner.    :rolleyes:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #764 on: Thu, 04 January 2018, 01:31:25 »
They're multiplying!

(Attachment Link)

That's quite an impressive collection!

Do they all work?

Do they all get their turn on the desk?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline JP

« Reply #765 on: Sat, 06 January 2018, 22:52:31 »
They're multiplying!

(Attachment Link)

Do they all work?

I haven't tested all of them but so far all have worked. I've yet acquired more M's since this picture. This way I won't wear out a single keyboard.  ;) Actually only a handful of these make it to my desk. I intend to refurb most of the vanilla M's and sell them off. Some need bolt mods and cleaning.   

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #766 on: Sun, 07 January 2018, 00:06:30 »
They're multiplying!

(Attachment Link)

Do they all work?

I haven't tested all of them but so far all have worked. I've yet acquired more M's since this picture. This way I won't wear out a single keyboard.  ;) Actually only a handful of these make it to my desk. I intend to refurb most of the vanilla M's and sell them off. Some need bolt mods and cleaning.   

If you really try, you might be able to wear out one of them in your lifetime :))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline JP

« Reply #767 on: Wed, 24 January 2018, 19:35:33 »
My first find of the year, a IBM 3279 terminal keyboard I got off of a local electronics scrapper.

187154-0

187156-1

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #768 on: Wed, 24 January 2018, 21:32:31 »
My first find of the year, a IBM 3279 terminal keyboard I got off of a local electronics scrapper.

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Wow, awesome! Congrats

Offline JP

« Reply #769 on: Thu, 25 January 2018, 00:52:18 »
My DisplayWriter with black Selectric keys
187168-0

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #770 on: Thu, 25 January 2018, 14:28:50 »
Not mine, but one I had the pleasure of modifying.

187201-0
« Last Edit: Thu, 25 January 2018, 14:30:45 by Melvang »
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline JP

« Reply #771 on: Thu, 25 January 2018, 14:40:32 »

(Attachment Link)

What did you modify?

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #772 on: Thu, 25 January 2018, 14:57:15 »

(Attachment Link)

What did you modify?

I drilled holes, filed locating slots, and added all the barrels that don't have caps.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #773 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 05:13:27 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Wow nice find! Looks to be in pretty excellent condition on the ouside
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline ClickMe

« Reply #774 on: Fri, 02 February 2018, 23:03:17 »
Model F122, restored, modernized, and reprogrammed.

Restored and rebuilt by Just_Add_Coffee.

I’ve reprogrammed all the extra keys using Capsense and AutoHotkey and replaced all the useless terminal keycaps with custom ones that represent what those keys actually do now.

187775-0

187777-1

Offline SixtyLife

« Reply #775 on: Fri, 02 February 2018, 23:24:17 »

I’ve reprogrammed all the extra keys using Capsense and AutoHotkey and replaced all the useless terminal keycaps with custom ones that represent what those keys actually do now.

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)
holy **** that's nice.. what does the big gold knob do? sick board man
Kishsaver, JP SSK, Displaywriter SSK, 360C, HHKB Type S, X60, Jane v2, Jane v2 CE

Offline ClickMe

« Reply #776 on: Fri, 02 February 2018, 23:56:18 »
holy **** that's nice.. what does the big gold knob do? sick board man

Thank you!  :D That thing is a Griffin PowerMate, basically an extravagant volume knob. But it can be programmed to do other things... and in this case it adjusts the brightness on my monitors. It's very cool because it controls all 3 screens simultaneously.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #777 on: Sat, 03 February 2018, 00:09:48 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

f122 is money
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #778 on: Sun, 04 February 2018, 15:50:21 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Not sure how I feel about the two-toned case, but I love those giant boards either say.

Offline JP

« Reply #779 on: Sun, 04 February 2018, 16:38:26 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

This guy F's. The paint job looks well done.

Offline iArson

« Reply #780 on: Sat, 10 February 2018, 03:05:23 »
IBM Model M SSK by iArson, on Flickr

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #781 on: Sat, 10 February 2018, 16:02:35 »
Show Image
IBM Model M SSK by iArson, on Flickr

That raised, curved edge around the Esc is one of the sexiest features of any keyboard. Major reason why I can't let go of my M even though I rarely use it. It just looks too nice.

Offline darkcruix

« Reply #782 on: Sat, 24 February 2018, 09:25:37 »
Just another colorful Model M...
189601-0

Offline JP

« Reply #783 on: Mon, 26 February 2018, 20:13:18 »
Just snagged me a black badge industrial.

189847-0

189849-1

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #784 on: Mon, 26 February 2018, 20:19:11 »
Just another colorful Model M...
(Attachment Link)

Nice cheat sheet. I used Vim exclusively at my last job, can't remember any of it now.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #785 on: Mon, 26 February 2018, 20:32:23 »
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #786 on: Tue, 27 February 2018, 11:31:27 »
used this for the last months... now back to SSK for some time.  :cool:

189896-0

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #787 on: Tue, 27 February 2018, 17:06:20 »

(Attachment Link)

Nice mousepad  :cool:

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #788 on: Tue, 27 February 2018, 17:32:47 »

(Attachment Link)

That's awesome! What model is that?

Offline JP

« Reply #789 on: Tue, 27 February 2018, 18:31:16 »
That's the Model F Unsaver (104 key).

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #790 on: Tue, 27 February 2018, 18:34:34 »
That's the Model F Unsaver (104 key).

Danke!

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #791 on: Sun, 04 March 2018, 14:45:59 »
Back to the roots. That‘s kind of how my IBM journey began

190549-0
« Last Edit: Mon, 05 March 2018, 10:24:31 by snoopy »

Offline JP

« Reply #792 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 00:51:18 »
Another Model M for the pile.

191315-0

191317-1

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #793 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 06:51:55 »

Offline darkcruix

« Reply #794 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 19:15:43 »
Here's my Model F122 - modified keyboard layout (xwhatsit controller driven)
Color: light gray, not ANSI converted, changed cursor cluster to upside-down T

196125-0
« Last Edit: Wed, 23 May 2018, 09:35:44 by darkcruix »

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #795 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 12:31:46 »
Every morning coming to work the last weeks is like that:

... ...

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #796 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 12:34:39 »

Show Image

I use tactile grays at work and I think those are loud.  :confused:

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #797 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 12:59:27 »

Show Image

I use tactile grays at work and I think those are loud.  :confused:

HA, they hate me for that and probably think 'when will he use this stupid small keyboard with no arrow keys again' :)
... ...

Offline viley

• int10h.org
« Reply #798 on: Mon, 04 June 2018, 15:13:28 »
Just a regular IBM PC/XT model F... but in its natural habitat.

197093-0

197095-1

197097-2

Full 'pictorial' about the XT itself here https://int10h.org/blog/2018/03/steel-survivor-an-ibm-xt-tale/
:: Web :: Blog ::

Offline JP

« Reply #799 on: Mon, 02 July 2018, 16:44:42 »
My 66 key lovingly photographed at KeyCon.

199083-0