Author Topic: [GB] M65-A | Made with RAMA.WORKS (Complete)  (Read 868119 times)

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
Re: [GB] M65-A | Made with RAMA.WORKS
« Reply #2550 on: Tue, 17 October 2017, 16:32:16 »
Jchan, family should always come first. I was very touched by your speech here in Seattle when you said your mom was very proud of you. I can see how important family is to you, no need to apologize for it.

In other news, I'd still love to have a chance at an M65-A. LOL.

Right? I hope more people cancel so I get more chances AND less crying :D

Offline FioraCorp

• AKA ABC
    • My insta
« Reply #2551 on: Tue, 17 October 2017, 17:43:02 »
Jchan, family should always come first. I was very touched by your speech here in Seattle when you said your mom was very proud of you. I can see how important family is to you, no need to apologize for it.

Gotta say this whole thing cheering for people canceling their orders is pretty lame and self-serving attitude.

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #2552 on: Tue, 17 October 2017, 17:52:25 »

Gotta say this whole thing cheering for people canceling their orders is pretty lame and self-serving attitude.

Welcome to mechanical keyboards.

Offline jjwax

« Reply #2553 on: Tue, 17 October 2017, 18:30:24 »

Welcome to mechanical keyboardsthe internet.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #2554 on: Tue, 17 October 2017, 18:42:07 »

Welcome to mechanical keyboards.

i've been here for years and it still surprises me
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline yonghf

« Reply #2555 on: Tue, 17 October 2017, 19:40:06 »
I just asked for a refund hours before he posted an update :(

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #2556 on: Tue, 17 October 2017, 19:41:22 »
I just asked for a refund hours before he posted an update :(

If you haven't got it yet, and you still want it, I'd reply to that email and stop that.

Offline KINGPIN

« Reply #2557 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 05:15:43 »
Kingpin didn't say he/she was trying to flip an M65-A for profit nor do I think it was intended that way.

He spent half his post talking investments including, what I'm assuming is, an effort to refer to the time-value of money.  Literally his last sentence included "we(I) am not that kind of a person to throw money into project with 0 or negative gain".
And you are correct. I am just talking about the time value of money. I like the board so much that I already bought switches and caps for it, those delivered on time. I am not going to filp it for literaril money profit no matter what.
And about the family part, I am being literaril and not pointing it to Jchan rather they people who say "I put family at my top priority (therefore the action of affecting other's is justified)" and already received the board. Again, IF my family (about 15 people including my mother, father, my two grandmother, my mother's saplings and their child) all die in the middle of a important work, I will still finish the work first, because they are dead, my project isn't.
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 October 2017, 05:22:19 by KINGPIN »
Levia Makes

Offline dead_pixel_design

• IIIV is not a Roman Numeral. Positive Vibes.
« Reply #2558 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 05:35:41 »
IF my family (about 15 people including my mother, father, my two grandmother, my mother's saplings and their child) all die in the middle of a important work, I will still finish the work first, because they are dead, my project isn't.

You are wrong to expect everyone to operate the same way that you do. I'm not saying how you would handle that situation is wrong, but despite disagreeing you should be a supportive member of the community.
Ask JChan if there is any way you can help him with what is clearly a difficult and impactful struggle for him, not tell him how he can serve you better. Because this isn't a business, it's a community.

Offline KINGPIN

« Reply #2559 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 05:59:55 »
IF my family (about 15 people including my mother, father, my two grandmother, my mother's saplings and their child) all die in the middle of a important work, I will still finish the work first, because they are dead, my project isn't.

You are wrong to expect everyone to operate the same way that you do. I'm not saying how you would handle that situation is wrong, but despite disagreeing you should be a supportive member of the community.
Ask JChan if there is any way you can help him with what is clearly a difficult and impactful struggle for him, not tell him how he can serve you better. Because this isn't a business, it's a community.
"These Terms of Service have been executed and delivered by you and constitute a valid and binding agreement between you and Keyclack Inc."
"Inc. may refer to:
Incorporation (business), an abbreviation of Incorporation, a suffix indicating a corporation" -wikipedia
https://www.keyclack.com/terms
More questions?
Levia Makes

« Reply #2560 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 06:14:00 »
You're not talking about the actions of the owner or proprietor of Keyclack, you are talking about the actions of a community member of a forum. You aren't demanding updates from Keyclack and insinuating their family is less important than your time, you are making that demand of a community member. Of a forum. If you have a problem with a transaction you made through Keyclack I suggest you communicate that to them. This is a community, as I stated earlier. Not Keyclack. Not a business.

More Questions?
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 October 2017, 06:16:15 by dead_pixel_design »

Offline KINGPIN

« Reply #2561 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 06:17:13 »
You're not talking about the actions of the owner or proprietor of Keyclack, you are talking about the actions of a community member of a forum. You aren't demanding updates from Keyclack and insinuating their family is less important than your time, you are making that demand of a community member. Of a forum. If you have a problem with a transaction you made through Keyclack I suggest you communicate that to them. This is a community, as I stated earlier. Not Keyclack. Not a business.

More Questions?
geekhack » geekhack Marketplace » Vendor Forums » KeyClack (Moderator: jchan94) » [GB] M65-A | Made with RAMA.WORKS
I thought we were in a Vendor Forum.
Levia Makes

« Reply #2562 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 06:21:52 »
geekhack » geekhack Marketplace » Vendor Forums » KeyClack (Moderator: jchan94) » [GB] M65-A | Made with RAMA.WORKS

Yeah, a forum, a community space for discussion. I'm not going to continue to argue semantics with you. I think it's unfair of you to say that JChans pain is less important than your time, and because I view this as a community, one that I care about and want to be a part of, I don't appreciate your callousness and feel obligated to address it directly.

You're being a ****. Your time isn't valuable enough to justify it.

Offline KINGPIN

« Reply #2563 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 06:50:42 »

Yeah, a forum, a community space for discussion. I'm not going to continue to argue semantics with you. I think it's unfair of you to say that JChans pain is less important than your time, and because I view this as a community, one that I care about and want to be a part of, I don't appreciate your callousness and feel obligated to address it directly.

You're being a ****. Your time isn't valuable enough to justify it.
Let me ask you some questions.
What makes you feel when you are left out?
What makes you feel when most of the board's were shipped but not yours?
What makes you feel when there are a indifference of treatment on people?
Is that "valuable" enough to justify it?
Levia Makes

Offline Unforgivable

« Reply #2564 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 07:11:27 »
Has anyone who recently asked for a refund actually receive it?

I haven’t gotten a response to any of my e-mails, yet I noticed a few select people have received a refund around the same time I sent my e-mail, earlier on this month.

« Reply #2565 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 07:17:11 »
Let me ask you some questions.
What makes you feel when you are left out?
What makes you feel when most of the board's were shipped but not yours?
What makes you feel when there are a indifference of treatment on people?
Is that "valuable" enough to justify it?

I didn't actually think you would have questions when I asked rhetorically if you had more questions. Cute.

First off though, is what valuable enough to justify it? You haven't presented anything of value in the questions or implied expected answers to justify anything.

But to answer your absurdly vague questions:

How do you feel when you are left out?:
In the context of waiting for a toy, when I feel left out, I demonstrate a modicum patience knowing I will get my toy eventually, and because it is just a toy, not having it literally doesn't change my life at all. Zero impact to my life. And if I am worried I won't get my toy, or the financial burden is so great that I can't afford to have bought it, retroactively, because in that scenario it means that I wouldn't have been able to afford buying it in the first place, and did anyways (no judgement, I've been there; VE.A anybody? Top Ramen for days.), I ask for a refund.

How do you feel when most of the board's were shipped, but not yours?
When most of the boards have shipped, but mine hasn't, it doesn't register any feelings at all, because it doesn't have any emotional impact, it's just a fact, like 'milk is white'. 'My board hasn't shipped yet. When it does, I will get it'. White milk.

How you feel when people are treated differently?
Your third question is so philosophically vague that I can't even answer it contextually. No one is being treated differently. Having to wait longer for your toy because it was shipped at a different time than someone else's toy doesn't really qualify as being treated differently.

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2566 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 07:22:31 »
You're both taking to the wall.
keyboards.

« Reply #2567 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 07:24:26 »
You're both talking to a wall.

That's the problem with ego, it's hard to walk away from... Clearly for both he and I.

Offline pshofosho

« Reply #2568 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 08:07:49 »
boards = chatter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #2569 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 08:38:53 »

Also I feel like this is worth noting from the dome thread.

Kind of interested, but when would they be shipped considering everything?

We're clearing everything up soon.

We have other things coming in, but the bigger projects (m65a, 1965) are left up to me, where the store (retail like this, and stock we have on hand) is handled by my employee.

Cheers, thanks Xondat. GL on your gb btw.

edit for Clarity: Retail is immediately available and ships in 1-3 business days after purchase. This includes domes, and other sets we have on hand.

Kind of explains why movement is happening with projects a little smaller; he still needs income to keep Keyclack floating, and shipping domes isn't exactly difficult.

I hope jchan coming back is good news :thumb:

Offline Tally810

« Reply #2570 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 08:47:17 »
Show Image

We have other things coming in, but the bigger projects (m65a, 1965) are left up to me, where the store (retail like this, and stock we have on hand) is handled by my employee.

edit for Clarity: Retail is immediately available and ships in 1-3 business days after purchase. This includes domes, and other sets we have on hand.

Kind of explains why movement is happening with projects a little smaller; he still needs income to keep Keyclack floating, and shipping domes isn't exactly difficult.

I just dont know why the employee cant ship m-65 since you have already qcd all the boards...

Sent from ur mam

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2571 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 09:25:21 »
Show Image

I just dont know why the employee cant ship m-65 since you have already qcd all the boards...

Sent from ur mam

Did he say that?  I never recall an update saying that all QC has been done.

Offline avid

« Reply #2572 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 09:30:33 »
Wait a minute... your name isn't Juan.

News Update

Just about done with QC.

Shipment of stabs comes in next week, as it's clearing customs now, and is actually in the air.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2573 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 10:38:26 »
Wait a minute... your name isn't Juan.

News Update

Just about done with QC.

Shipment of stabs comes in next week, as it's clearing customs now, and is actually in the air.

That doesn't say done, though, does it?

« Reply #2574 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 11:16:37 »
This sums up the whole QC timeline pretty well.

Adding to deepthroat's post, there is something that's been bothering me about the some of the updates we've been given. I've just been trying to ignore it, but at this point why not just air it out?

At one point jchan was asked about his new hire, and if he could ship out the M65-As and the response given was:

Hi,

the new hire is charge of:

- Support (emails to support@keyclack.com NOT jchan@keyclack.com)
- Helping organizing / maintaining the office
- Shipping Store / Newly incoming things (muted, 1965 up and coming)
- QC soon.

The M65A is a little too complex at this stage of training. It's only been a little over a week since I've worked with him.

This response bothered me a LOT. Maybe more than it should but I did my best to ignore it and trust in the reputation jchan has in this community.
Hear me out and then tell me if I'm wrong to be bothered by this.

When jchan discovered he was short on stabs he dedicated his time to doing purely QC on all the units. I assumed this was so every unit would be ready to ship once the stabs arrived. Remember, he was only missing 2u stabs, each box would get the same number of 2u stabs and be ready to go.

Day 4 is done.

Day 5 will be dedicated towards pure QC, and putting units away and documentation to get fixed up a little. Just need to make sure they are actual issues, and clean them up with some 120grit sand paper (jk).

Day 2,3,4 emails will be sent today. Sorry, haven't had a moment to catch a breath.

- Quality Control should finish by Monday/Tuesday for all the boards.

The stabs should be here soon, and QA/QC is almost done with.

News Update

Just about done with QC.

Also, I'm finishing up QC and then finishing shipping what I have. It's a lot sorting for those opting out of stabs and those in, and such. Literally a stack here with people who want stabs.

Running through another series of QC just to make sure some stuff isn't missed.

Calling DHL to pick up the unaccepted units to go back to Asia to get fixed later this week.

A bunch of units are just sitting here, ready to go, just waiting for the stabs. Just want to have it all here.

Thanks for your patience.

Here it seems like jchan is finishing up a 2nd round of QC for the boards. Double check, I can get with that.

but then...

Oh, of course. I was in the GMK Keyboard & Co GB for about a year and production hasn't even started yet. Out of the dozens of GBs I've been in, only one has ever met the initial ship date. My concern isn't about missing the original timeline - I really never expected that to be met even though Jchan was super optimistic (During the announcement he talked about how this GB won't have delays like the others). It's the constant "Will ship next week - [one or two weeks of silence] - [New unexpected delay] Will ship next week" - [one or two weeks of silence] - Repeat" that's gotten old.

Would much rather have been told to wait till September/October instead of hearing "Will ship this/next week" every couple of weeks since June. Again, just a realistic update instead of an overly optimistic new deadline that'll most likely be missed again anyway.

Hi Anthony,

I've been trying to ship boards every week.

A GB for a quality board is not just

- Design
- Order
- Pay
- Wait
- Ship out.

There is so much more organization involved in the process.

Here are many things that I do on the back end

- Talk to Customs
- Talk to a Customs Broker
- Wait for the shipment
- Make wire transfer for payments
- Ask for updates on the shipment
- Organize people's orders
- Refund people's cancels
- Adjust people's orders
- Send replacements/support stuff / email stuff / change emails
- QC 450 boards (over 1200 pieces, plate, weight, etc)

But there's a tad more to the QC process. You've seen how the boards are packed, but I also have to open the boxes, throw away the other boxes, make sure there's enough room in my dumpster, and such.

While I don't want to bore people with the little things that I do, I feel like it's now necessary to tell you that there is a lot of trash that I have to take care of with this. The boxes for this took me 4 trips to the recycling center in my Prius because I couldn't fit them all.

I also had to take 2 trips to DHL to drop off the parts that are bad because I had to pack them well in a lot of wrap to make sure they don't get damaged in transit, and try to compact them so I don't pay thousands in express air fees. Please also remember that it takes me time to load my car, move the boxes, reorganize, and such to stay optimal and efficient.

Anthony - I want to reiterate that there's a lot more to a GB than just shipping a board. A lot of people try to hide this process because it's boring and these details are not that important. I understand your frustration, but please understand that I'm frustrated that I don't have enough hours in my day to get everything out.

I hope this helps shed a little more light to what GB runners go through, and I hope people empathize with the process and stress that it takes for us to do this kind of stuff. I hope this in no way discourages people from running their own Buys, but it's definitely taken a toll on me.

Here, in order to explain the delays, jchan makes a list of tasks that are irrelevant to the delay (design, order, pay wait, etc..) all the way to tasks that should've been taken care of through the process of 2 rounds of QC.

At this point, I expected all of the boards to be QC'd, boxed up and ready to ship once a set of 2u stabs were thrown in the box... something that maybe a new hire is capable of doing?
But jchan says that this order is too complex for the new hire. It's just not making sense to me.

Offline cooperred

« Reply #2575 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 12:58:07 »
Sounds like QC isn't done. If it's done, I can't imagine that packing and dropping boxes off to FedEx can be that complicated for an employee to do.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2576 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 13:25:03 »
Sounds like QC isn't done. If it's done, I can't imagine that packing and dropping boxes off to FedEx can be that complicated for an employee to do.

That was my point.

Offline dohmain

« Reply #2577 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 14:38:34 »

That was my point.

First, I'm gonna say again that I have no problems waiting. I understand jchan is in a stressful situation and when I joined the buy I understood there could be complications just like any other gb.

What I do have a problem with is being given the runaround with explanations that just don't make sense.

Running through another series of QC just to make sure some stuff isn't missed.

Calling DHL to pick up the unaccepted units to go back to Asia to get fixed later this week.

A bunch of units are just sitting here, ready to go, just waiting for the stabs. Just want to have it all here.

Thanks for your patience.

QC is not done but he still calls DHL to pick up the unacceptable units?

Regarding some parts that are in Asia currently for reanodization - they are being fixed up but due to some week long holiday in the beginning of October those will be delayed.

Sounds like the units that failed QC are in Asia for reano.

Just going off by the updates that jchan has provided, I can only assume QC has been completed.
It just makes sense to QC everything and gather all of the failed units to ship all together.
It consolidates shipping and it also makes sense for the anodizing factory to receive the entire order in one go.

So, from my viewpoint QC is either not done and jchan has been giving us fake updates to string us along for whatever reason. Or QC is done and shipping is not happening for some other reason.

All I expect is an honest update on the status of the group buy.

Offline Madēo

« Reply #2578 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 14:40:56 »
This is my first post on this thread and I've been holding myself back for some time but it's now getting really infuriating.
I didn't want to complain because I respect Jchan's personal matters and difficulties but the lack of communication has become absurd.

Not only am I still waiting for the M-65 but I still haven't received my Grand Budapest, the set which I designed ! .... because I had asked Jchan way back to ship them together. I have emailed him twice already and all I got was a vague 'it might take a while'. I'm sorry but it's already two months overdue and we still have no idea when they're shipping!? This is really unprofessional.

Oh and btw, Jchan had also promised me 30% of the profit on the Grand Budapest extras sale, that never came in either. I respect your situation Jchan, I have never complained before but now it's just coming off as dishonest. Apologies for the rant--
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 October 2017, 15:06:14 by Madēo »

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2579 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 15:07:58 »
This is my first post on this thread and I've been holding myself back for some time but it's now getting really infuriating.
I didn't want to complain because I respect Jchan's personal matters and difficulties but the lack of communication has become absurd.
Not only am I still waiting for the M-65 but I still haven't received my Grand Budapest, the set which I designed ! .... because I had asked Jchan way back to ship them together. I have emailed him twice already and all I got was a vague 'it might take a while'. I'm sorry but it's already two months overdue and we still have no idea when they're shipping!? This is really unprofessional. Oh and btw, Jchan had also promised me 30% of the profit on the Grand Budapest extras sale, that never came in either. I respect your situation Jchan, I have never complained before but now it's just coming off as dishonest. Apologies for the rant--

Wait... he "promised" you 30% of group buy profits?  Nice.  That's a pretty sweet deal.  I do hope you got something in writing, though.

Offline oatmicro

« Reply #2580 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 15:09:57 »
Well, That's interesting...

Offline avid

« Reply #2581 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 15:20:16 »
Not only am I still waiting for the M-65 but I still haven't received my Grand Budapest, the set which I designed ! .... because I had asked Jchan way back to ship them together. I have emailed him twice already and all I got was a vague 'it might take a while'. I'm sorry but it's already two months overdue and we still have no idea when they're shipping!? This is really unprofessional. Oh and btw, Jchan had also promised me 30% of the profit on the Grand Budapest extras sale, that never came in either. I respect your situation Jchan, I have never complained before but now it's just coming off as dishonest. Apologies for the rant--

Wait... he "promised" you 30% of group buy profits?  Nice.  That's a pretty sweet deal.  I do hope you got something in writing, though.

No, 30% of the profits made from extras sale.
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 October 2017, 15:24:50 by avid »

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #2582 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 15:37:03 »
As a non-gb member: Sorry to all people in this GB, sounds like a whole lot of ****ery.

As a future gb member: "jchan presents..." Nope, Nope, Nope.

Offline Unforgivable

« Reply #2583 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 15:42:28 »

This is horrible to hear and I hope JChan makes things right.

The lack of updates and false promises is indeed frustrating.

I’ve messaged JChan/Support a few times this month concerning the status of my refund for the MC Rebirth group buy, but never received a reply.

He posted stating he was going to handle refunds last week, but I received nothing.

Said he was going to handle refunds yesterday. Nothing yet. :(

I don’t think JChan is the type to swindle people, however I’d appreciate if he’d stay true to his word, as a few minutes of assistance can go a long way.

My biggest fear is the next group buy where someone goes MIA due to X situation. Some people wouldn’t notice until it’s too late. For future buys, keep in mind the 6 month PayPal protection window and how you have to be within 365 days for complaints to the Better Business Bureau (This only applies to accredited businesses).
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 October 2017, 15:46:27 by Unforgivable »

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #2584 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 15:46:15 »
The rabbit hole just keeps getting deeper...

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • Please email jchan@keyclack.com. PMs are disabled
    • KeyClack
« Reply #2585 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 17:13:02 »

I’ve messaged JChan/Support a few times this month concerning the status of my refund for the MC Rebirth group buy, but never received a reply.

He posted stating he was going to handle refunds last week, but I received nothing.

I don’t think JChan is the type to swindle people, however I’d appreciate if he’d stay true to his word, as a few minutes of assistance can go a long way.

My biggest fear is the next group buy where someone goes MIA due to X situation. Some people wouldn’t notice until it’s too late. For future buys, keep in mind the 6 month PayPal protection window and how you have to be within 365 days for complaints to the Better Business Bureau (This only applies to accredited businesses).

Hi,

I haven't processed that one because we're still waiting on resolution, but we did now.

---

Regarding Budapest: we're still not sold out of it. We have about 10 complete (40s / tkl sets) on hand still, and once those are done with, the payment will be going to you Madeo, the designer of Budapest.

---

Hope this clears things up regardless of how this looks.
Support Email: support@keyclack.com

Did you miss something from us?

Offline Tally810

« Reply #2586 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 17:27:34 »

Hi,

I haven't processed that one because we're still waiting on resolution, but we did now.

---

Regarding Budapest: we're still not sold out of it. We have about 10 complete (40s / tkl sets) on hand still, and once those are done with, the payment will be going to you Madeo, the designer of Budapest.

---

Any m-65 progress?

Sent from ur mam

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #2587 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 17:40:06 »
We shipped out a few units yesterday, and are on our way to roll out a few units today.

Emails were sent out to those who got tracking already.

Offline Valaris

« Reply #2588 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 18:41:04 »
Awwww yiss It's back on!

Offline zaerst

« Reply #2589 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 19:00:47 »
Thanks for more updates Jchan!

Offline thechadhimself

« Reply #2590 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 19:56:49 »
Glad to see things rolling a bit more positively in this thread again! Hope you and your family are doing well jchan.

Meanwhile, I'll be sitting here waiting and hoping to see one of these kits on mechmarket someday  ;)

Offline seblove

« Reply #2591 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 22:14:50 »
Ayy it's really happening I got tracking!! What do you guys figure the odds are that someone out there wants to trade his or her alu bottom for a nylon one?  :rolleyes:

Offline msilvv

« Reply #2592 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 00:15:24 »
aw **** yiss we're back in business. Hopefully mine goes out soon! Thanks for the updates, good luck everybody!

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Offline Madēo

« Reply #2593 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 04:47:59 »
Hi,

---

---

Thanks for the update, good to hear :thumb:

Offline Tally810

« Reply #2594 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 07:48:51 »
So ive said a few times that I thought the delay was due to bunk boards.  Everyone jumped and said I was wrong.  Well apparently someone talked to jchan the other night and the delay is indeed the manufacturer. I think everyone in the buy deserves the truth.

Sent from ur mam

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2595 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 16:34:32 »
So ive said a few times that I thought the delay was due to bunk boards.  Everyone jumped and said I was wrong.  Well apparently someone talked to jchan the other night and the delay is indeed the manufacturer. I think everyone in the buy deserves the truth.

Sent from ur mam

I'm on the other side of that.  We only deserve what we bought, IMO.  And in the event of lateness, we deserve a timeline when that will happen.  Anything else he offers up is his choice.

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #2596 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 17:52:17 »
Hi everyone,

Just a little update. We got the units we sent back from reanodization yesterday and today, and I'm a tad disappointed at the finish. These were units we sent back to get repaired from initial issues we saw.

There are some anodization issues. Here is the most prevalent issue, that bugs me very much. It's hard to capture in photo, but at certain angles of light, you can see that there is some type of different color shine to these. The issue is not just that tiny mark, but it's across the whole back side of the board. The base piece better represents the issue that we're seeing, but it's more prevalent on the top piece.

After a heated discussion this week with the manufacturer, we came to the conclusion that they would remake the units affected, and also fix the units we send back to them (for a second attempt to reanodize).

In order to hurdle over this issue, we've order more units to make sure we are 100% good to go. These will take 3 weeks to get to us. This was done in case I discover more units that have this issue as I repackage them to send out.

Again to Note: this issue is apparent a long the whole backside, but is hard to capture in a photo and is apparent in the units they sent back to us. This is the most common issue we found on the units received and I'm reviewing the pieces we have on hand.

If I would describe it, its something a long the lines of, a darker stain that shouldn't be there.

A note on the remaining units

We're working on pumping out about a few every day to make sure they arrive properly. USPS has given us some issues with some we sent out, and to this date, there are a total of 5 orders that have gone missing: 1 from FedEx, and 4 from USPS.

Nothing more is needed from you except some more patience, as I plan to deliver a high quality keyboard to your fingers.

If you have concerns, just email support@keyclack.com for refunds, or what have you.

Offline Tally810

« Reply #2597 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 17:56:16 »
Hi everyone,

Just a little update. We got the units we sent back from reanodization yesterday and today, and I'm a tad disappointed at the finish. These were units we sent back to get repaired from initial issues we saw.

There are some anodization issues. Here is the most prevalent issue, that bugs me very much. It's hard to capture in photo, but at certain angles of light, you can see that there is some type of different color shine to these. The issue is not just that tiny mark, but it's across the whole back side of the board. The base piece better represents the issue that we're seeing, but it's more prevalent on the top piece.

After a heated discussion this week with the manufacturer, we came to the conclusion that they would remake the units affected, and also fix the units we send back to them (for a second attempt to reanodize).

In order to hurdle over this issue, we've order more units to make sure we are 100% good to go. These will take 3 weeks to get to us. This was done in case I discover more units that have this issue as I repackage them to send out.

Again to Note: this issue is apparent a long the whole backside, but is hard to capture in a photo and is apparent in the units they sent back to us. This is the most common issue we found on the units received and I'm reviewing the pieces we have on hand.

If I would describe it, its something a long the lines of, a darker stain that shouldn't be there.

Show Image

Show Image

We're working on pumping out about a few every day to make sure they arrive properly. USPS has given us some issues with some we sent out, and to this date, there are a total of 5 orders that have gone missing: 1 from FedEx, and 4 from USPS.

Nothing more is needed from you except some more patience, as I plan to deliver a high quality keyboard to your fingers.

If you have concerns, just email support@keyclack.com for refunds, or what have you.
Very najs update.  Thanks dude

Sent from ur mam

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #2598 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 18:00:24 »
Hi everyone,

Show Image

Show Image

Sent from ur mam

No worries Tally. I've been working on this post since yesterday. The past 48 hours have been intense to get to where we are. I've had to stay up til about 4am just so we could make sure everything was in order and that I had their direct attention so we can make sure we deliver the board we promised.

Despite the hurdle, and endless hours of chatting, they have been nothing but great to us, and are amazing for doing everything that they already have for us.

I hope this ends soon - and thanks for the patience mate.

Offline jjwax

« Reply #2599 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 18:14:58 »
Hi everyone,

Show Image

Show Image

Sent from ur mam

No worries Tally. I've been working on this post since yesterday. The past 48 hours have been intense to get to where we are. I've had to stay up til about 4am just so we could make sure everything was in order and that I had their direct attention so we can make sure we deliver the board we promised.

Despite the hurdle, and endless hours of chatting, they have been nothing but great to us, and are amazing for doing everything that they already have for us.

I hope this ends soon - and thanks for the patience mate.

The update is awesome - thanks for giving us a peek into what's going on!