Author Topic: [IC] CU-Europe || UPDATE #15 - PRICE UPDATED (02/11/2017)  (Read 46773 times)

Offline pon10

• looking at my keycaps..
Re: [IC] CU-Europe || UPDATE #15 - PRICE UPDATED (02/11/2017)
« Reply #200 on: Thu, 01 March 2018, 10:08:52 »
Still 100% here aswell. Can we not just go towards GMK? or will people have a issue with the "heavy" prices. I personally do not mind!

You might not mind, but the price step will but off enough people for it to not make MOQ.

Even on massdrop GMK sets where over a thousand base kits are sold, the amount of international kits sold usually sits around 50 - which is below GMK's MOQ (they still get produced, but only because of massdrop)

jep i know the story :( but i think MD is OK with that bc they gain more then they loose. ( lets not go down the argument road ) :P  the estimated price for this set was still up there towards GMK prices if i remember correctly  ( havnt checked OP ).

If i am correct, the reason for putting this set out was to have ALL ( almost ) EU countries covered. Would we not be able to try and see if we could hit MOQ for GMK? as long as the set still have the same colors as op ( or the ones that can match with stock GMK colors and then try it out? but off-course no PBT  :confused: arrgh i hope we can find a salution for the manufacturer "hickup"

Offline oli

« Reply #201 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 07:52:39 »
I received news this morning that ePBT no longer wish to produce this set.

I am considering all other profiles for this keycap set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Did they give any information as to why they no longer wish to produce the set?

Still 100% here aswell. Can we not just go towards GMK? or will people have a issue with the "heavy" prices. I personally do not mind!

GMK is only ABS.. I'm not going to overspend on plastic that wont even outlive my underwear.

The point with this set was high quality PBT and support for various layouts that's always left out. There's tons of GMK-sets out there that supports various layouts if anyone feel like they have to much money. :)

I second this. While this may not be the case for all, the idea for me was to get high quality, thick PBT keycaps with a wide variety of layout support so I did not have to use blanks. Both NPKC and Tai-Hao sets I've seen seem inferior to the ePBT set I have. However, I do not own any sets of either, so my comparison is based on photos online, which hardly seems fair. Anyone who can weigh in on how other manufacturers compare to ePBT?

Offline dr-slump

« Reply #202 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 11:27:44 »
Wasn't there a guy here and on reddit presenting his business on pbt dye subbing entire sets of white &/or light colored keycaps in any color / motif / design you could think of by sending him a picture?

This could be used to create all the keys with all the specialized caps we want with the best quality blanks available and I'm certain that he'd go down with the price ( I believe it was around $100 per set) or add more keys for the same price if
we would organize a GB.

Just an idea that shot through my mind before going to sleep yesterday  :cool:
Waiting for GMK Miami Dolch ISO . . .

Looking for: Titainium Spacebar 6.25

Offline CAPS UNLOCKED

• capsunlocked
« Reply #203 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 07:53:44 »
The colours are still to be decided, but I have a quote from GMK. I am asking multiple manufacturers, and GMK have sent me their quote.

At 150 sets, the cost will be between 175-180GBP but that includes PayPal and shipping fees.

Offline mik1

« Reply #204 on: Tue, 23 October 2018, 23:11:19 »
Does anything like this in all white on black exist? I'd like to get that in NorDe and can't find it, wider NorDe conversation here https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=97874 . +1 for NorDe and +1 for blank Windows key.