Author Topic: GMK Eclipse  (Read 54376 times)

Offline BrintaVett

Re: GMK Eclipse
« Reply #100 on: Sat, 28 October 2017, 03:07:35 »
@ CandyKeys: is the current MOQ progress on the website accurate? Any plans on extending the GB period?

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #101 on: Mon, 30 October 2017, 14:54:39 »
*patiently waiting for an update*

Offline andysun

« Reply #102 on: Mon, 30 October 2017, 15:42:05 »
This set is gorgeous, I hope this somehow makes it.

Offline BrintaVett

« Reply #103 on: Tue, 31 October 2017, 05:17:39 »
Well, I'm starting to get the feeling that this is bleeding to death tbh. Would be sad, I was looking forward to this seeing that it's the only dark keyset from GMK at the moment.

Offline bthezebra

« Reply #104 on: Tue, 31 October 2017, 13:49:00 »
This set has slowly climbed up my list of wants and hopefully we can hit MOQ.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #105 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 07:40:41 »
@CandyKeys are there any updates here? I know that you're probably busy with the other GBs you're running / preparing for on your site, but many people have asked where things are at with this GB with no response. I really like this set, but there's definitely been a lack of communication for the past two weeks, and that's concerning. With GMK Laser right around the corner, I'm sure many of us (including myself)  still want this set, but are curious as to what the plan is since Laser is likely going to tie up a lot of people's wallets. Thanks! I hope all is well!

Offline avid

« Reply #106 on: Sat, 04 November 2017, 13:23:18 »
This is a frustrating GB.
-No updates
-No response to questions
-No promotion

Plenty of people want this set, but we dont hear any updates, whats the status, what will happened?

Offline T0mb3ry

• https://www.instagram.com/t0mb3ry_gh/
    • Flickr
« Reply #107 on: Sat, 04 November 2017, 13:40:39 »
-No updates
-No promotion

Plenty of people want this set, but we dont hear any updates, whats the status, what will happened?

I am sorry about lack of updates. My bad.

As everyone can see GMK Eclipse will not make it this time. Currently there are many exciting GB active, which makes it hard for GMK Eclipse. Also GMK Eclipse is missing a large amount of Base sets to reach moq and i dont think it will gather enough base sets in two remaining days. Afaik the progressbar on Candykeys is updated automatically.

Perhaps next time Eclipse will get a better chance, tho i dont know when its going to happpen. For that i will make sure Eclipse will get for each region a proxy.

Anyway i'd like to thank everyone for support.

Offline poolside

« Reply #108 on: Sat, 04 November 2017, 13:49:47 »
-No updates
-No promotion

I hope Eclipse launches again in the future with its base kit untouched.
Please keep the uniform top row as well.

:'(

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #109 on: Sat, 04 November 2017, 13:54:01 »
-No updates
-No promotion

I am sorry about lack of updates. My bad.

As everyone can see GMK Eclipse will not make it this time. Currently there are many exciting GB active, which makes it hard for GMK Eclipse. Also GMK Eclipse is missing a large amount of Base sets to reach moq and i dont think it will gather enough base sets in two remaining days. Afaik the progressbar on Candykeys is updated automatically.

Perhaps next time Eclipse will get a better chance, tho i dont know when its going to happpen. For that i will make sure Eclipse will get for each region a proxy.

Anyway i'd like to thank everyone for support.

Thanks for the update T0mb3ry. I'm a little bummed that this set isn't reaching MOQ this time, but I'm looking forward to the next time whenever that may be! You can count me in when the time comes :thumb:.

Offline avid

« Reply #110 on: Sat, 04 November 2017, 13:59:10 »
Yeah, set is excellent, just need US and asia proxy.

Offline Atredl

« Reply #111 on: Sat, 04 November 2017, 14:09:56 »
Count me in on the "eagerly waiting for a relaunch" list. This blue violet color that you came up with is too good to go unused.  :-*

Also, I'd just like to say that I think we got the accent kit wrong. Even though it was put to a vote it was simply too big with the three different colors. A thought for the rerun might be have a single accent color in the Yuri blue since it was the most popular. it also has more character and is a more interesting color than the Purple or Burgundy. 
« Last Edit: Sat, 04 November 2017, 14:17:43 by Atredl »

Offline Petch

« Reply #112 on: Sat, 04 November 2017, 18:18:45 »
Damn, hopefully we'll see another GB in 2018

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #113 on: Sat, 04 November 2017, 18:25:42 »
Count me in on the "eagerly waiting for a relaunch" list. This blue violet color that you came up with is too good to go unused.  :-*
Show Image

Also, I'd just like to say that I think we got the accent kit wrong. Even though it was put to a vote it was simply too big with the three different colors. A thought for the rerun might be have a single accent color in the Yuri blue since it was the most popular. it also has more character and is a more interesting color than the Purple or Burgundy.

I know a lot of people said it lack of Proxy's but truthfully I think the major issue was.. the accent kit. It was so large it was almost the cost of the base kit. While the base kit looked nice it needed the accent kit to really make it shine. Those Light blue violet modifiers where what I was really after but paying almost as much for the modifiers as the base kit.. then add on shipping I was looking at over 200 dollars it was just not worth it with things like Lazer dropping. Perhaps next time we see this kit it will be run on massdrop I think it do nicely there and then the mods could be split up.

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #114 on: Sat, 04 November 2017, 18:38:15 »
I agree, the Yuri blue mods were the main reason I went in for the modifier kit. Perhaps next time we can include the Yuri blue mods in the base kit, and have the other mods included in the novelty kit? I like the other colors too, but that dark blue with the Yuri blue is really striking.

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #115 on: Sat, 04 November 2017, 19:00:19 »
Base kit + Accent kit + shipping to the west coast of the US is currently $232 USD (195.56 euro).

Even if the base and accent kits hit their respective higher MOQ tier, it'll still cost over $200 USD ($208.27 USD / 175.55 euro).

I like this set, but that's a little too expensive for me personally.

Base-set price is very good. The accent kit is quite expensive.

Yeah, but the accent kit is part of the charm. The base kit alone doesn't interest me too much.

Actually price is fair considering it contains both novelties + color mods in one.
I really like the color pack though so might get it and split it up.
The purple / red should work with yuri for example, since i belive its the same blue as legends, and the white addons can be used with any n9 set.

I keep hearing that and to me it doesn't matter I mean yes value was good.. but the value on a BMW are a 60inch tv might be good.. but you can't justify the price you won't get it. Sadly when it comes to a smaller ticket item like this you need least X number of people to justify the price for it to happen which in this case didn't. I mean that one way to look at it. The MOQ wasn't meet so the price must not have been justified. Cause if it was then people would have ordered.

Proxy = Price Adjustments
Kit Changes = price Adjustments

there no to way's about it at the end of the day Honestly. Though if other sets wouldn't have dropped around the same time then perhaps the pendulum would have swung int his sets favor but that wasn't the case.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #116 on: Sat, 04 November 2017, 20:16:31 »
it was just run at a bad time with little hype

try again in a few months
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline darthzero

« Reply #117 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 07:42:39 »

This so much.
Look at RA r2, hit the moq of 150 while all the kits didn't.
Look at Pristine...
Look at Necro where nobody really knows how far it is with a severe lack of communication and numbers, which to me implies it's having a hard time getting to moq.
Apart from that there were SA Oblivion, DSA Pulse and what not... there is only so much money one can throw at keycaps a month. :/

Edit: punctuation, missing letter
« Last Edit: Sun, 05 November 2017, 07:48:53 by darthzero »
Discord: kuno#0600 
Reddit: u/darthzero

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #118 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 07:49:28 »

This so much.
Look at RA r2, hit the moq of 150 while all the kits didn't.
Look at Pristine...
Look at Necro where nobody really knows how far it is with a severe lack of communication and numbers, which to me implies it's having a hard tim getting to moq
Apart from that there were SA Oblivion, DSA Pulse and what not... there is only so much money one can throw at keycaps a month. :/

Don't forget 9009 was running when i started and laser was coming and is now here.

Offline euphxenos

« Reply #119 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 14:14:23 »
Agreed.  It was just unfortunate timing.  Run it again as-is in a few months.

Offline PotatoTM

« Reply #120 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 15:49:17 »
What a shame, was really looking forward to this keyset. Maybe another time.

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #121 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 14:39:06 »
Update - Sorry for not following here, tons of work!

Actually, Asia and US Proxies were not the problem at all, funnily most orders came from US and Asia, prices were good for them so made no difference. The EU market doesn't seem to be so interested in this set. Hopefully there can be a re-run, the bar was updated automatically the whole-time, sadly nothing can be done about getting more orders.

We have extended the GB by a few more days so we can still see how many people may be interested.

Was really excited for this, sadly nothing can be done about it :/

Would like to thank Tomb3ry for working with us, was great to see him it at Mechanicon. We have GMK Fishbed coming soon with a lower MOQ and we will be bringing plenty more of secret in-the-work stuff that we can not release yet.

Otherwise we would still like to thank you customers who were interested and who talked to us and our support and were enthusiastic about this set!
The CandyKeys Mechanical Keyboard Store

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #122 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 14:43:58 »
Am I the only one noticing there are way too many GMK GB's going on atm?
Eclipse is one of my favorite sets of the year but so is Necro and 9009.
Pro tip: Don't all launch GB's at once, plenty of interested won't have the funds

There were A LOT of GBs running at once, that is fair to say.

@CandyKeys are there any updates here? I know that you're probably busy with the other GBs you're running / preparing for on your site, but many people have asked where things are at with this GB with no response. I really like this set, but there's definitely been a lack of communication for the past two weeks, and that's concerning. With GMK Laser right around the corner, I'm sure many of us (including myself)  still want this set, but are curious as to what the plan is since Laser is likely going to tie up a lot of people's wallets. Thanks! I hope all is well!
Sorry about that! We were 24/7 online and still are regarding everything on all communication forms, just lacked here a little. We tried pushing it out via many ways and we talked to customers and pitched it but sadly they were not a fan of the set.
-No updates
-No promotion

The updates were posted on the site if there were any, it just was not moving sadly all the hype was taken by other sets in the moment. Regarding promotion we have sent out newsletters and pitched it to many but there was not much to be done in the regard of twisting peoples minds to make them want to buy the set.

We have cool Eclipse styled cables ready but thats a shame the set did not succeed.

Offline avid

« Reply #123 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 14:52:56 »
Guys, i'm 100% confident not having USA (and preferable asia) will make reaching 250 MOQ impossible.
Yes most orders was from us/asia. There is a bunch of enthusiast that will travel to the worlds end to buy a nice keyset.

However, a lot of people are hesitant and will just not order when not available domestic. Europeans are used to having to go to US to buy keyset, but US buyers always has had their stuff available domestic.

This numbers are from the 9009. (the most recent update showing all the different locations numbers) (little over 400 base when those numbers was taken)
205: Korea + Singapore + China
175: USA
53:   EU

Current eclipse is approx 73 base.

I'm afraid we will run into the same issue again if there is no proxy. The few americans/asian will order again, and i hope it fires because i really like the set.

My suggestions:
-ASIA + US proxy (id guess a US proxy will pull bigger number. I think 9009 was a outlier)
-Promote on reddit (mech keyboard + mechmarket) a lot. The reach reddit get is huge compared to GH.

If people just say this didn't fire because a lot of GBs i think it might lead to the same outcome. Did it had an effect? Of course, but i doubt we would went from 30% to 100%.

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #124 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 14:55:05 »
I really want this set to happen. I saw the base set go up 1% today after a full week? Im a little concerned at this point. Are there any plans on posting this on mechmarket? It's over halfway through the GB period and still no post there, which could potentially help this set gain more traction. Being from the US, I myself don't see how a NA proxy would actually help much, but if a large number of people aren't joining because of that I am all for it. I think the main thing here is there isn't a lot of promotion going on.

The largest problem with sets is not promotion, we have sent our personal letters and gotten personal responses from customers, the problem was everyone knew that the set was running and it was getting hits but no purchases, from the data we see we have around we actually had record-breaking numbers view and interact with the gmk eclipse page and everyone was aware of it. There were posts on reddit too, and a lot of comments. Promotion will sadly not be able to change someone's likes and dislikes on a set, its either hit or miss.

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #125 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 15:04:16 »
Guys, i'm 100% confident not having USA (and preferable asia) will make reaching 250 MOQ impossible.
Yes most orders was from us/asia. There is a bunch of enthusiast that will travel to the worlds end to buy a nice keyset.

However, a lot of people are hesitant and will just not order when not available domestic. Europeans are used to having to go to US to buy keyset, but US buyers always has had their stuff available domestic.

This numbers are from the 9009. (the most recent update showing all the different locations numbers) (little over 400 base when those numbers was taken)
205: Korea + Singapore + China
175: USA
53:   EU

Current eclipse is approx 73 base.

I'm afraid we will run into the same issue again if there is no proxy. The few americans/asian will order again, and i hope it fires because i really like the set.

My suggestions:
-ASIA + US proxy (id guess a US proxy will pull bigger number. I think 9009 was a outlier)
-Promote on reddit (mech keyboard + mechmarket) a lot. The reach reddit get is huge compared to GH.

If people just say this didn't fire because a lot of GBs i think it might lead to the same outcome. Did it had an effect? Of course, but i doubt we would went from 30% to 100%.

Its a fair point, yeah, could be. Its a personal taste thing, for some reason it did not tick here in the EU from most people we heard from in the end. There are a lot a lot of people who would be willing to buy GMK sets. But we are hoping that our relationship with GMK and the fact that we are neighbors will drive prices down and not make GMK sets so hard to get. We are aiming for a 90 EUR (non tax) and 105 (with tax) set with GMK Fishbed and only time will tell.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
Re: GMK Eclipse,
« Reply #126 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 15:09:44 »
I really want this set to happen. I saw the base set go up 1% today after a full week? Im a little concerned at this point. Are there any plans on posting this on mechmarket? It's over halfway through the GB period and still no post there, which could potentially help this set gain more traction. Being from the US, I myself don't see how a NA proxy would actually help much, but if a large number of people aren't joining because of that I am all for it. I think the main thing here is there isn't a lot of promotion going on.

The largest problem with sets is not promotion, we have sent our personal letters and gotten personal responses from customers, the problem was everyone knew that the set was running and it was getting hits but no purchases, from the data we see we have around we actually had record-breaking numbers view and interact with the gmk eclipse page and everyone was aware of it. There were posts on reddit too, and a lot of comments. Promotion will sadly not be able to change someone's likes and dislikes on a set, its either hit or miss.

You DO need to make it more clear that payment is after GB and tbh.

You act like there is only a single reason why people went to the site and didn’t purchase.

There are lots of reasons, maybe they DID like it but just spent their money on 9009 or TA RA or Laser, etc. maybe they just backed one of the dozens of new boards.

Trying to get people’s money during the holiday season is hard enough as it is. Add in so much competition and it’s easy to see why the set struggled.

Maybe you did keep up on reddit, I don’t really know, but I put in an order 2 weeks ago and haven’t seen a single communication from you since then.  Reddit is an awful place to do updates for a GB cause unless you are a reddit addict and are there when new stuff comes in, it quickly rolls out of view. I would strongly suggest you use either GH or Email to send updates if you want to ensure people actually see them.

I would also suggest a timestamp for your progress bar. At this point I think many people just assume you were inactive, and that doesn’t exactly inspire confidence.

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
Re: GMK Eclipse,
« Reply #127 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 15:18:05 »

You DO need to make it more clear that payment is after GB and tbh.

You act like there is only a single reason why people went to the site and didn’t purchase.

There are lots of reasons, maybe they DID like it but just spent their money on 9009 or TA RA or Laser, etc. maybe they just backed one of the dozens of new boards.

Trying to get people’s money during the holiday season is hard enough as it is. Add in so much competition and it’s easy to see why the set struggled.

Maybe you did keep up on reddit, I don’t really know, but I put in an order 2 weeks ago and haven’t seen a single communication from you since then.  Reddit is an awful place to do updates for a GB cause unless you are a reddit addict and are there when new stuff comes in, it quickly rolls out of view. I would strongly suggest you use either GH or Email to send updates if you want to ensure people actually see them.

I would also suggest a timestamp for your progress bar. At this point I think many people just assume you were inactive, and that doesn’t exactly inspire confidence.

Thanks for your message, we are not blaming anything on one single reason, we do not really want to blame anything specifically at all.
The e-mail updates can be organised, we just did not want to start spamming since many people were staying in sync and preferred our online service with personal support. I will pitch the e-mail idea and test it on coming things.

Regarding the time-stamp, that can be organised, we did not think that people would assume we were inactive on a store of such scale and activity everywhere + lightning support. Will get that organised too then, maybe a 10 min re-fresh instead of live.

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #128 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 15:20:28 »
The only post I saw about Eclipse on reddit was T0mb3ry's initial post. There was nothing posted on mechmarket. Am I missing something?

Edit: from my past observations, it's usually not just left in the hands of the set designer to promote the GB for their set.  Sure they often do promote it some, but I usually see the vendors promote the GB too.

Edit 2: there was also that one other post about the color samples.
« Last Edit: Mon, 06 November 2017, 15:25:53 by Iredeus »

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #129 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 15:37:05 »
The only post I saw about Eclipse on reddit was T0mb3ry's initial post. There was nothing posted on mechmarket. Am I missing something?

Edit: from my past observations, it's usually not just left in the hands of the set designer to promote the GB for their set.  Sure they often do promote it some, but I usually see the vendors promote the GB too.

Fair. Our mistake, there was chatter about Eclipse a lot, Frankfurt Mechanicon was also great when it came to that and we were happy to meet and show the set all there, we also have the power of Instagram and we put the set on KATANA renders and so on :) !
We know for next GBs, with SouthPaw running we can learn but we hate to spam Reddit, it should be a friendly community and not an advertising platform.

Thanks for the constructive criticism!

Offline Petch

« Reply #130 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 16:35:48 »
It sounds like this set won't be making a return then...  :(

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #131 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 16:40:24 »
It sounds like this set won't be making a return then...  :(

T0mb3ry mentioned in a previous post that it won't be the last try, but there aren't immediate plans to do so. So don't lose hope!

Offline wholypantalones

• text and icon mods plz.
« Reply #132 on: Tue, 07 November 2017, 07:07:13 »

Regardless of that, there literally was almost no promotion at all. I was hoping to see this set get produced too.

Offline johntron25

« Reply #133 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 13:41:45 »
Just got an email that my pre-order is cancelled, is the GB not happening?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #134 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 13:42:37 »

Scroll up... In short, no; it didn't meet MOQ.

Offline johntron25

« Reply #135 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 13:44:09 »

Scroll up... In short, no; it didn't meet MOQ.

There's a lot of aggressive post I do not want to read, thanks though.

Offline sncbraxsc2

• ⭐Domesticated Dweeb⭐
« Reply #136 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 14:51:50 »
I totally missed the interest check AND GB for this one.  I had resolved to never buy into GMK again but this might (eventually) be the set that makes me eat my words. It has just the right color balance for me, pretty reserved over all with a little pop from the light blue... Hope to see this one return!

Offline Atredl

« Reply #137 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 15:02:29 »
Totally agree. I hate to use the “E” word but after seeing the sample colors I instantly got the feeling that if I only kept one keyset this would be the one. I think with some tweaking of the accent kit and a bit better timing, it’ll make it.

Offline avid

« Reply #138 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 15:08:34 »
Yeah i really want this set.  The n9 and blue is so good. Is there any consideration using a stock GMK color of legends to make MOQ 150?

Offline Atredl

« Reply #139 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 15:13:35 »
Yeah i really want this set.  The n9 and blue is so good. Is there any consideration using a stock GMK color of legends to make MOQ 150?
Does it work like that? I thought it was the case that if you have any custom color MOQ goes up to 250. I’m not sure but that was my impression.

Offline avid

« Reply #140 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 15:18:41 »
Does it work like that? I thought it was the case that if you have any custom color MOQ goes up to 250. I’m not sure but that was my impression.

Is there more custom colors than the light blue?

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #141 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 15:19:21 »
It's the use of any custom colors that pushes the MOQ to 250. Unfortunately, there isn't a blue that comes close to whats being used for the modifiers. To keep the colors true to what they were this round, the 250 MOQ is unavoidable.

Offline Atredl

« Reply #142 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 15:20:45 »

Is there more custom colors than the light blue?
The modifier base color is also custom.

Offline txclack

« Reply #143 on: Thu, 16 November 2017, 17:49:09 »
This was just bad timing.   This set and Necro.  People with limited funds had to ask themselves:
should I go with two classic but overrated (especially in the after market) key sets or should I go with something Unique.

Just bad timing.

These sets will easily meet MOQ around Spring time.  Just MHO

Offline Marutks

« Reply #144 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 07:09:39 »
Is this GB going to start soon?     next year perhaps?

Offline fublamchu

• ㅋㅋㅋ
« Reply #145 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 08:01:44 »
Is this GB going to start soon?     next year perhaps?

Already started, but it didn’t hit MOQ
LZ-CE VBlacks
910-CE

Offline Marutks

« Reply #146 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 10:17:41 »
oh nooooo
I am looking for nice keycaps with 1.5u "code" keys.   

Offline Marutks

« Reply #147 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 10:33:33 »
Maybe massdrop could make this GB more successful?

Offline wholypantalones

• text and icon mods plz.
« Reply #148 on: Tue, 12 December 2017, 19:52:02 »

Possibly, if they don't screw up the fulfillment.
« Last Edit: Tue, 12 December 2017, 19:53:46 by wholypantalones »

Offline andysun

« Reply #149 on: Wed, 13 December 2017, 04:57:03 »

Possibly, if they don't screw up the fulfillment.

Massdrop is terrible for europe, takes a long time and almost always gets caught in customs, making the set really expensive... Via Candykeys' store would be great, and there was a US proxy for the American/Canadian folks if I'm not mistaken.

The GB just ran at a bad time and with little promotion. Hope it runs again
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 December 2017, 04:58:55 by andysun »