Author Topic: which keycaps are best suited for customizing a Leopold FC700R?  (Read 3608 times)

Offline phantaxo

which keycaps are best suited for customizing a Leopold FC700R?
« on: Wed, 25 October 2017, 17:07:13 »
sup,

i was wondering which keycaps are best suited for customizing a Leopold FC700R. I know there are original Leopold Keycap-Sets to buy but they usually come in common colors such as dark blue, white or black. but i often see pictures of people using keycaps in colors such as red/pink/green/light blue etc

which keycaps would you guys recommend for customizing purposes on a leopold fc700R? leopold's have their own low leopold profile and are PBT keycaps so i'm afraid OEM profile double shot keycaps won't do it, will they?

thanks for any ideas

Offline dante

Re: which keycaps are best suited for customizing a Leopold FC700R?
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 25 October 2017, 20:08:26 »
You may need to stick with the original space bars that came with those keysets.  The FC700R uses unique space bar stem spacing.

Offline phantaxo

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 26 October 2017, 04:16:41 »
thanks for your reply! i dont mind leaving the spacebar as it is. i dont want to replace all keys anyway. i was thinking more about replacing a few.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 26 October 2017, 05:16:49 »
thanks for your reply! i dont mind leaving the spacebar as it is. i dont want to replace all keys anyway. i was thinking more about replacing a few.
Why only a few?? What purpose does that serve? Just curious.

I find the stock thick pbt side print leopold caps to be great.

And to answer part of your OP you typically don't want to mix profiles.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline ninjacore

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 22:04:06 »
“Step sculpture”, I believe, is the name of the profile. It’s very close to cherry. I think Varmillo boards have the same stock profile. I purchased a number of different leopold and varmillo colored sets to mix in w the stock set.  You are indeed limited color-wise, though. I’ve found white, Black, navy, gray, and mint.