Author Topic: What is your favourite season and why?  (Read 2399 times)

Offline Duckyreddy

• Better skadoodle, poodle.
What is your favourite season and why?
« on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 01:25:24 »
Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter, which is your favourite?  ;D

I'll start off.

My favourite season is Winter!
It's nice to cuddle in bed with my pillows and I also enjoy nice morning bike rides in the freezing cold, I get nosebleeds in all seasons but winter, so #gowinter!

Edit: Add your location too!
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 December 2017, 12:13:43 by Duckyreddy »

Ducky One Cherry MX Silent Reds

Leopold FC660M MX Blue
Logitech G403/ Razer Naga 2014

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
Re: What is your favourite season and why?
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 02:14:43 »
I like spring a lot.

Btw I think this is heavily influenced by geographical location :p .
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 02:37:05 »
That month between Spring and Summer when the rain has stopped and everything is lush and green and the temperature is perfect, but before the heat and dry air comes.
Conversely, Indian Summer's are great too. A forest full of fall colors at 70 degrees is pretty nice.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 04:30:49 »
Only two seasons here wet season ans dry season. And wet season isnt really too wet. **** YEAH CAIRNS. OH DID I MENTION IVE ESCAPED MT ISA.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 04:35:25 »
Also, no warmer than 25 degrees C (77 stupid degrees). Any warmer and I overheat.
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 09:40:24 »
100% Fall. It's cool and sunny and colorful and filled with the holidays.............. I'm a child a heart. Also biased living in US north-east.
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline C5Allroad

• Formerly HUNTERANGEL121
  • Watch out, I post when half asleep.
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 10:12:35 »
In Miami the spring is pretty neat. It's not as hot and at night it gets kind of chilly compared to the usual 80 degree nights.

Offline iri

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 17:26:50 »
Southern Britain has two seasons:

1) Spiders, more leaves
2) No spiders, fewer leaves

I prefer #1.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Duckyreddy

• Better skadoodle, poodle.
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 17:28:57 »
In Miami the spring is pretty neat. It's not as hot and at night it gets kind of chilly compared to the usual 80 degree nights.

that sounds amazing

Ducky One Cherry MX Silent Reds

Leopold FC660M MX Blue
Logitech G403/ Razer Naga 2014

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 17:45:25 »

1) Spiders, more leaves

I prefer #1.
Don´t you miss ruski winter? I sure miss the real winter :(
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 17:52:07 »
At the beginning of summer just after the trees and grasses have sprouted green.
In the autumn when the leaves turn into various shades of red, yellow and orange.
When it is full-on winter and there is snow everywhere.

It's the in-betweens that I don't like: When it is too hot in July and August and too bright at night get a good night's sleep, when it is cold and rainy and dark in November/December and when the snow is thawing in March/April and there are large puddles of slush or standing water everywhere.

I often take vacation at the beginning/middle of June before it has got too hot. Then it is usually nice and quiet at the office in July/August.

Offline iri

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 17:53:10 »

1) Spiders, more leaves

I prefer #1.
Don´t you miss ruski winter?
There's a whole bunch of things from Russia I miss, but winter isn't one of them. If I missed it, I'd probably move to Sweden. But I seem to be enjoying my +12 on a December day.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Kavik

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 17:53:35 »

1) Spiders, more leaves

I prefer #1.

Why would anyone prefer spiders?! Ever?!

I guess I prefer spring because it's not hot as balls yet. However, the seasons don't mean what they used to to me. Spring used to mean school was almost out, summer was freedom, fall was Halloween and taking it easy at work, and winter was a slight bout of freedom with the addition of new material crap (Xmas).

Now that I haven't been in school in several years and family stuff is infrequent or not as fun, the seasons really just pass by with little consequence other than temperature. I hate cold, but some nostalgia used to redeem fall. But now the nostalgia seems to be wearing off, so I just prefer warmth. The only positive to the cold is the lack of insects.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline iri

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 17:57:00 »
Spiders eat bugs. Bugs are bad mmkay.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 17:58:29 »

1) Spiders, more leaves

I prefer #1.
There's a whole bunch of things from Russia I miss, but winter isn't one of them. If I missed it, I'd probably move to Sweden. But I seem to be enjoying my +12 on a December day.
True Russian winter is hardcore... Sweden´s winter is kinda meh, barely snow for half the country :(
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline iri

« Reply #15 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 18:01:34 »

1) Spiders, more leaves

I prefer #1.
True Russian winter is hardcore...
Yeah, I don't long for snot freezing in my nose when it's below -30.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #16 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 18:05:51 »
True Russian winter is hardcore... Sweden´s winter is kinda meh, barely snow for half the country :(
That's why a snowy winter is precious for Swedes.

Offline C5Allroad

• Formerly HUNTERANGEL121
  • Watch out, I post when half asleep.
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 06 December 2017, 10:51:17 »

that sounds amazing
It really is, great for going around and enjoying the beach. Once its back to fall or summer, it's hard to walk without sweating.

I went shooting(pictures) with a friend and she and I were basically being cooked in the sun at 3 o clock. Not fun.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk