Author Topic: [IC] SA Symbiosis R2 - Group Buy Coming Soon  (Read 110022 times)

Offline BobCarltheThird

Re: [IC] SA Symbiosis R2 - Returns with a new design
« Reply #150 on: Sun, 18 March 2018, 13:44:25 »
Why not have KPRepublic run it on their English site? I mean KBDfans would be awesome but I don't see why you need to find someone else to run the buy for the western market.
***loads of Vaseline for my meme TMO50 -- Acereconkeys

Offline lanyusea

« Reply #151 on: Sun, 18 March 2018, 13:57:54 »
maybe KBDFans? known as 怡科外设 on Taobao.
KBDFans has perfect feedback record in reddit/geekhack, but not sure if they're willing to run GB, since they're always selling their own products.

KBDFans is nice to talk to. Since we already got KP in the business for China with a preset price. There will be some problems just to drag them in. It's going to take some time to work out a solution. Hold on.

personally, KP is the main reason to drive me away from this GB

KP's international shipping is really worrying:
1. I still not get my GMK Muted yet. I can do nothing but keep waiting.
2. 1/3 of SA Godspeed orders are refunded by MD. I'm totally shocked about this since KP promotes himself as an important official partner of MD with shipping priority: "KP社区团购优势:1、MD核心合作伙伴,享有优先配货发货权。2、更完善和便捷的海运、通关渠道。3、一如既往的信誉保证和品质要求。" <-- funny thing: KP removed this in his latest GB description pages, but you can still find this description in his earlier GB pages.
3. still, many people are posting under his weibo to argue about their order's progress, which should has been shipped out from the vendor months earlier. (just saw someone is asking about when the gmk oblivion will arrive in the post of SA Symbiosis R2 GB infos)

Hope KB can do better since there is no middleman this time.
Wish every joiner can receive their kits in time.

GLWGB
HHKB Type-s / 4x KMAC Happy / 3x Duck Viper v1 / 2x Duck Viper v2 / 4x Duck Viper Duck TCV3 / Red Scarf 77 / 2x Infinity 60 / 2x ALF HHKB / LZ-CE / FJELL / Canoe / Canoe PC / Canoe FE / ARES Prototype / 2x Ares / LC-CLSh / TX60 / YODA2 / E6-V2 / E6-V2 FE / CAMP LC60 / 2x EM 7 / 4x Leaf 60 / UHK / Project F / Polaris / 4x Duck Viper v3 / TX60 v2 / Thermal / Matrix Falcon / TX60 v3 / 2x TMO50 / 2x Dolice / Dolphin 65 / Dolphin 60 / Plenty of keycaps

Offline BobCarltheThird

« Reply #152 on: Sun, 18 March 2018, 14:28:01 »
KBDFans has perfect feedback record in reddit/geekhack, but not sure if they're willing to run GB, since they're always selling their own products.

KBDFans is nice to talk to. Since we already got KP in the business for China with a preset price. There will be some problems just to drag them in. It's going to take some time to work out a solution. Hold on.

2. 1/3 of SA Godspeed orders are refunded by MD. I'm totally shocked about this since KP promotes himself as an important official partner of MD with shipping priority: "KP社区团购优势:1、MD核心合作伙伴,享有优先配货发货权。2、更完善和便捷的海运、通关渠道。3、一如既往的信誉保证和品质要求。" <-- funny thing: KP removed this in his latest GB description pages, but you can still find this description in his earlier GB pages.
3. still, many people are posting under his weibo to argue about their order's progress, which should has been shipped out from the vendor months earlier. (just saw someone is asking about when the gmk oblivion will arrive in the post of SA Symbiosis R2 GB infos)

GLWGB

This is worrying...

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #153 on: Sun, 18 March 2018, 23:09:25 »

GLWGB

Yeah, KP doesn't have a good reputation in delivering in time in the past. The issues you mentioned, I know them well myself and I'm one of the victims in the Godspeed refund affair. But it's still a big surprise, that after the GB starts in China two days ago I got SO MANY feedbacks from other buyers saying they would not buy due to KP. I guess the GB lost about a dozen of buyers from Chinese Community already due to this issue. The reason why KP comes up to handle this GB is because only KP is willing to run it as a favor with almost no profit. A vendor usually does business with reasonable profit. Since it's a small GB with not many units, the price for the kit is already high (much higher than normal big GB), and the price would go even higher about 25% if the GB turns to another vendor. In that case, it's hard for the GB to pass MOQ and I don't see it happening. So without KP, we would not even go this far to have a GB at all. But KP's reputation seems to be harmful to the GB. It's a dilemma.

I'm considering canceling this ongoing GB util a solution is figured out, even then I have to abandon KP, who has a warm heart to help this time. And it will let people who're waiting for this GB down.
« Last Edit: Sun, 18 March 2018, 23:12:39 by hhkbp2 »

Offline lanyusea

« Reply #154 on: Sun, 18 March 2018, 23:13:51 »

GLWGB

Yeah, KP doesn't have a good reputation in delivering in time in the past. The issues you mentioned, I know them well myself and I'm one of the victims in the Godspeed refund affair. But it's still a big surprise, that after the GB starts in China two days ago I got many feedbacks from other buyers saying they would not buy due to KP. I guess the GB lost about a dozen of buyers from Chinese Community already due to this issue. The reason why KP comes up to handle this GB is because only KP is willing to run it as a favor with almost no profit. A vendor usually does business with reasonable profit. Since it's a small GB with not many units, the price for the kit is already high (much higher than normal big GB), and the price would go even higher about 25% if the GB turns to another vendor. In that case, it's hard for the GB to pass MOQ and I don't see it happening. So without KP, we would not even go this far to have a GB at all. But KP's reputation seems to be harmful to the GB. It's a dilemma.

I'm considering canceling this ongoing GB util a solution is figured out, even then I have to abandon KP, who has a warm heart to help this time. And it will let people who're waiting for this GB down.

wow 25%~

I heard that ********* did things really expensive so some GB runner don't want to work with them, but I really don't know it is such expensive.

25%,  ********* is so ****ky I have to say..
HHKB Type-s / 4x KMAC Happy / 3x Duck Viper v1 / 2x Duck Viper v2 / 4x Duck Viper Duck TCV3 / Red Scarf 77 / 2x Infinity 60 / 2x ALF HHKB / LZ-CE / FJELL / Canoe / Canoe PC / Canoe FE / ARES Prototype / 2x Ares / LC-CLSh / TX60 / YODA2 / E6-V2 / E6-V2 FE / CAMP LC60 / 2x EM 7 / 4x Leaf 60 / UHK / Project F / Polaris / 4x Duck Viper v3 / TX60 v2 / Thermal / Matrix Falcon / TX60 v3 / 2x TMO50 / 2x Dolice / Dolphin 65 / Dolphin 60 / Plenty of keycaps

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #155 on: Sun, 18 March 2018, 23:24:41 »

GLWGB

Yeah, KP doesn't have a good reputation in delivering in time in the past. The issues you mentioned, I know them well myself and I'm one of the victims in the Godspeed refund affair. But it's still a big surprise, that after the GB starts in China two days ago I got many feedbacks from other buyers saying they would not buy due to KP. I guess the GB lost about a dozen of buyers from Chinese Community already due to this issue. The reason why KP comes up to handle this GB is because only KP is willing to run it as a favor with almost no profit. A vendor usually does business with reasonable profit. Since it's a small GB with not many units, the price for the kit is already high (much higher than normal big GB), and the price would go even higher about 25% if the GB turns to another vendor. In that case, it's hard for the GB to pass MOQ and I don't see it happening. So without KP, we would not even go this far to have a GB at all. But KP's reputation seems to be harmful to the GB. It's a dilemma.

wow 25%~

I heard that ********* did things really expensive so some GB runner don't want to work with them, but I really don't know it is such expensive.

It's not a precise number, at least not for all vendors. I just want to give you the brief idea of how expensive it will even be. Don't mean to expose any internal to hurt any vendor. Personally I think it's right for anyone to gain profit if you ask him to do things for you.

Offline punksinatra

• Random Stuff
« Reply #156 on: Mon, 19 March 2018, 09:31:13 »
not sure if beamingrobot from monokei.us charges 25%

Offline beekey

« Reply #157 on: Mon, 19 March 2018, 11:29:52 »
With KP I‘m out. Never again.

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #158 on: Mon, 19 March 2018, 11:36:25 »

GLWGB

wow 25%~

Vendors are not a charity. How do you expect them to run a non-profit and still be able to send you replacement keys if your kit was missing one, or send a whole new set because the package was lost?

Offline BobCarltheThird

« Reply #159 on: Mon, 19 March 2018, 12:23:27 »
To add on to what Oblotzky said I would personally rather spend more money to buy a set from a great vendor then I would to spend less on a set that would be ran by a vendor that has a spotty record with delivering.

Offline zslane

« Reply #160 on: Mon, 19 March 2018, 12:52:26 »
The community seems divided in general on how GBs should be run these days. You have those who still want community-run (i.e., run by individuals) GBs and you have those who only trust vendor-run GBs. The vendor GBs tend to prevail primarily because they can draw the most buyers and obtain the best price breaks from suppliers. I think that irritates the folks who still cling to that old, romantic DIY ethos.

Offline lanyusea

« Reply #161 on: Mon, 19 March 2018, 13:19:44 »

GLWGB

wow 25%~

Vendors are not a charity. How do you expect them to run a non-profit and still be able to send you replacement keys if your kit was missing one, or send a whole new set because the package was lost?

yes but not that much. I know there will be extra fee and I personally treat it as some kind of insurance service, therefore I believe 25% profile can cover a lot other than regular replacement or pkg lost. Otherwise is it normal that 1/4 of the pkgs will run into trouble?

treat me as nothing if the GB running you mean is a formal business to earn life money, what I wanna discuss here is more related to the "community" itself

I do really know some vendors or called as GB runners that run GB with no profit. They have their own life and business, do GB just cause of their own interest of the kit. But usually the amount is not much(lower than 100), they will order extra kits for key replacement and thanks to the reliable and fast China logistics system, the kit price is really attractive.

---

It is not wise to just throw out questions but give no suggested answer.

so coming back to this SA Symbiosis R2: if hhkbp2 decided to arrange this GB by himself, I can help him do the pkg receiving and distribution part for free in HongKong.

but the problem is: though hhkbp2 and I know each other years earlier on a programmer forum, I cannot prove that I am more reliable than any people you're talking about in this thread.  :rolleyes:

Offline cfiggis

« Reply #162 on: Mon, 19 March 2018, 16:01:13 »
Hi, I'm pretty new to this, and I'm a bit confused. If I'm in the US and I want to buy this, what page should I be going to where I can read the page in English? Thanks!

Offline BobCarltheThird

« Reply #163 on: Mon, 19 March 2018, 16:41:40 »
Hi, I'm pretty new to this, and I'm a bit confused. If I'm in the US and I want to buy this, what page should I be going to where I can read the page in English? Thanks!
Keep an eye on this thread for now. It'll likely have a link to the English buy when it goes live.

Offline cfiggis

« Reply #164 on: Mon, 19 March 2018, 16:45:50 »
Keep an eye on this thread for now. It'll likely have a link to the English buy when it goes live.

Ah, thanks! I misunderstood and thought it had already started because of the Taobao site being up.

« Reply #165 on: Mon, 19 March 2018, 18:52:59 »
Unless all R3 is extremely comptetiviely priced, I’ll be waiting for sculpted.
MAAASSSSDDDRROOOPPPPPP!!!!!

Offline emenelopee

• *klomp klomp klomp* I step on your house 🦖
« Reply #166 on: Mon, 19 March 2018, 20:14:47 »
I'm personally a little irritated by the approach of GBs, specifically in terms of what can be reasonable profit for fabricators. Bear in mind I don't know all the intricacies however GBs are basically sales before anything has been produced. What this means is there is no risk in bringing something new to market - the risk associated with producing something which may not sell is nill.  Of course there should be profit in the fabrication, but if this is based on profit equal to that of bringing something novel to market before it's sold then the fabricator/vendor is taking the efforts the designers/IC/GB runners and placing into their own profit. To clarify: it's not a freebie/nonprofit, but it's not the same as in-house design and excess stock which may or may not be sold. It's a gimme for fabricators, so the profit expectation should be adjusted to reflect the significantly reduced risk.

TLDR: there is a difference in what profit should expected be for something guaranteed (a GB sale) vs something that may not see an ROI or even a loss. This is the same as working for a fixed fee vs. time+material.

Caveat: I have no idea if there is a separate profit % for GBs, but my guess is there may not be judging by the 25% number being thrown around. I am basing my irritation on this assumption.

Offline dr_derivative

• Not a real doctor
« Reply #167 on: Mon, 19 March 2018, 20:45:01 »
25% markup =/= 25% profit

Many larger vendors run as full time businesses. I'd be surprised if there's much profit left once you take out all of their costs (office space, packaging, web hosting, wages/cost of living, replacements, etc.).
GH/Reddit/DT: dr_derivative | Discord: dr_derivative#3618 | IG: dr_derivative_mk
MK Ireland Discord: https://discord.gg/2KdxJzR

Offline emenelopee

• *klomp klomp klomp* I step on your house 🦖
« Reply #168 on: Mon, 19 March 2018, 21:17:08 »
25% markup =/= 25% profit

Many larger vendors run as full time businesses. I'd be surprised if there's much profit left once you take out all of their costs (office space, packaging, web hosting, wages/cost of living, replacements, etc.).

I'm assuming all of that is baked in with the "at cost" value. I admit my comparison isn't as robust as I'd like it, but if the change from one fabricator, who was "doing a favour", to one that isn't, it's the best I've got.

Regardless, you're listing the costs to break even. I'm talking about the cream on top which I'm arguing should be different for a GB vs. traditional retail, and which I don't believe is. Again, caveat, speculation.

Offline SpectreiiI

• Scribe
« Reply #169 on: Mon, 19 March 2018, 22:06:20 »
Is this just a way to get an SA Space Cadet keycap set into people's hands who missed out on 7bit's Round 6 (or maybe didn't want to deal with his archaic GB system)? I can see the appeal of that. But it does feel awfully redundant.

However, for my own part, I sort of wish this was going to be uniform row3 like the original Symbiosis. I would want this for my 60% board, and I find uniform profiles to just work better on small keyboards for some reason.

In addition, I'd like to see a kit that offers all the oddball keys (in their unconventional sizes) from the original Space Cadet keyboard, like all the 2u keys that go across the top. The reason for this is that I'd like to someday explore the idea of a GB for a custom PCB/plate/case that replicates the Space Cadet, and it would need matching keycaps to go with it. Introducing a fourth Space Cadet keycap set (in either SA or DSS) would really put this hobby under Space Cadet fatigue, I think, which would be a shame.
I will be running it in my profile, but it's based on microswitch superelliptical, so it will be (more or less) a true replica set, though a bit lower.

As far as offering another SC set in SA, if the people want to throw money at it...
« Last Edit: Mon, 19 March 2018, 22:13:25 by SpectreiiI »

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ
« Reply #170 on: Mon, 19 March 2018, 22:40:40 »
I will be running it in my profile, but it's based on microswitch superelliptical, so it will be (more or less) a true replica set, though a bit lower.
So the new Novelkeys profile is going to have a SC set? Will that be the first set out of the gate? Exciting.

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
  • I have ideas. Sometimes they're even good ideas.
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #171 on: Mon, 19 March 2018, 22:59:41 »
My $.02 on the 25% discussion: without details, I don't think we need to be jumping to conclusions. 25% could seem like a lot, but if that's just on top of manufacturer price and before fees of any kinda, that's more than likely covering all fees and costs without much to spare. For example, in a typical GMK GB, you have the conversion from € to $, currrntly 1.235:1, $5 per set average shipping cost from GMK, .93% bank transfer fee, .3463% FedEx import fee, and PayPal's 3-4% fee on top of everything. You'll also want to add about 3-5% buffer to the exchange rate just to account for possible fluctuation during the GB phase(I got caught by that once). While this isn't a GMK GB, it's still pretty easy to see how costs can add up for buys super quick, and this isn't even including shipping supplies cost, which I typically add to shipping costs. So like I mentioned, if they're just saying 25% on top of the base price before fees, that might not be nearly as much profit as you think it could be.

Offline BobCarltheThird

« Reply #172 on: Mon, 19 March 2018, 23:31:22 »
So the new Novelkeys profile is going to have a SC set? Will that be the first set out of the gate? Exciting.
It'd be one hell of an introduction that's for sure!

Offline lanyusea

« Reply #173 on: Mon, 19 March 2018, 23:36:29 »
My $.02 on the 25% discussion: without details, I don't think we need to be jumping to conclusions. 25% could seem like a lot, but if that's just on top of manufacturer price and before fees of any kinda, that's more than likely covering all fees and costs without much to spare. For example, in a typical GMK GB, you have the conversion from € to $, currrntly 1.235:1, $5 per set average shipping cost from GMK, .93% bank transfer fee, .3463% FedEx import fee, and PayPal's 3-4% fee on top of everything. You'll also want to add about 3-5% buffer to the exchange rate just to account for possible fluctuation during the GB phase(I got caught by that once). While this isn't a GMK GB, it's still pretty easy to see how costs can add up for buys super quick, and this isn't even including shipping supplies cost, which I typically add to shipping costs. So like I mentioned, if they're just saying 25% on top of the base price before fees, that might not be nearly as much profit as you think it could be.

Yes I totally agree.

Just focus on the number itself is not a proper way to discuss, there are many things in the back.
I should be more clear when I try to state my opinion.

I apologize if my words has hurt any GB runners' or vendors' hardworking. It is not my original intention.
I understand the vendor will charge extra fee to handle various expected or unexpected conditions. I understand that various vendors have different prices, it is quite normal. I just wanna think why the charges of different vendors can vary for 25%.

Again, the number here is not really meaningful since we dont know what is behind. So what I throw out is a little meaningless here.

---

I joined the sale of GMK Coniferous, thanks for your work!  :thumb:

Offline fishpod

« Reply #174 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 00:32:28 »
AFAIK zFrontier would share 7% of the total sales of a GB or half of the profit of the GB with designers or just keep the profit share in line with other vendors if they are proxying. This is quite standard and transparent.

The reason I chose them for my previous runs is because they have full time customer service and their shipping options like SF express and DHL are fast AF. Yes, if I did the BOW/WOB myself the price would possibly be lower but as I am not a fulltime GB runner, it would probably take much more time for me to sort things out or handle the shipping and aftersale and these sets may not even happen if they had been run by myself.

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #175 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 01:30:02 »
Thank dr_derivative and donutcat for the break down. 25% markup and 25% profit, they're two different things. In this case, there's not much profit out there even for 25% markup. It stands as we did the calculations with different vendors, who have different services and different costs on many things. But I'm not going to unfold more details on the prices or conversations behind due to privacy. It's idealistic and also stupid for me to try to put together a small GB with a really low price. And KP was idealistic and stupid enough to come up to give help on this. Anyway, given the feedbacks I got till now, it seems unwise to continue this small GB with KP and open the GB page for GH buyers as I planned before. This thing has gone to a different direction from my expectation. Let's try to figure out what options are left and what's the best option to make progress, and do least hurt.
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 March 2018, 01:43:18 by hhkbp2 »

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #176 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 01:37:33 »

We did gather a group of buyers from Chinese Community and set up a buying page for them. Since we ran into some trouble to set up the US/EU proxy and the GB page for GH buyers, the link won't come up until a solution is figured out. It's gonna take some time. Really sorry for the confusion and inconvenience.

Offline ihalatch

« Reply #177 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 01:39:45 »

We did gather a group of buyers from Chinese Community and set up a buying page for them. Since we ran into some trouble to set up the US/EU proxy and the GB page for GH buyers, the link won't come up until a solution is figured out. It's gonna take some time. Really sorry for the confusion and inconvenience.

Australia and NZ proxy?

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #178 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 05:44:30 »
not sure if beamingrobot from monokei.us charges 25%

Thanks for the mention my dude, I did offer my services for the SEA region but I didn't receive any reply.

Anyway my practice is to cover cost and try to align my prices to the main runner with minimal pricing differences, sometimes to my detriment esp for GBs from conUS/EU :P
http://monokei.co

Jane v2 | Jane v2 CE | Police | EXENT | KFE | KFE CE | Singa R1 | Jaguar | HHKB | Custom G80-3000 | Dalco 959mini | Haus | Kei | Hiro | Hidari | Tomo | Neko | Prophet | MXSS | TKL One | RS

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #179 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 07:35:13 »
Australia and NZ proxy?

It's a great idea to have many proxies all over the world, but we could not afford them for now.  :p

Offline SpectreiiI

• Scribe
« Reply #180 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 19:04:35 »
Nothing official here, but I would like to design sets for several classic boards including Space Cadet, Honeywell, SAIL, British Telecom, Dasher, Selectric, Canon Cat,Skidata, and Dolch. As to if and when any given one of them is to run is still yet to be discussed with mike, but space cadet is a priority for me.

Offline briano1905

« Reply #181 on: Sat, 24 March 2018, 19:16:31 »
i really like this set
any chance you could add grey modifier set? then im definitely in :thumb:

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #182 on: Sun, 25 March 2018, 01:10:41 »
i really like this set

You meant white on grey for the modifiers, like the colors on the alphas area?

Offline briano1905

« Reply #183 on: Sun, 25 March 2018, 01:11:53 »
i really like this set

yesss make it happen!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #184 on: Sun, 25 March 2018, 01:20:53 »
i really like this set

yesss make it happen!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Let's see whether there are more persons and how many want this all white on grey setting. I guess it has smaller chance than white on blue for all alphas and modifiers.  ;D

Offline baphotmet

« Reply #185 on: Sun, 25 March 2018, 10:20:56 »
I can not take the order on KP taobao, something wrong?

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #186 on: Mon, 26 March 2018, 07:03:28 »
I can not take the order on KP taobao, something wrong?

The KP GB page in Chinese has gone offline. The small GB for all R3 version will be halted for now based on the feedbacks. It will be delayed to some time later till a proper time with a proper place.  Thank you for your support!

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #187 on: Mon, 26 March 2018, 08:00:58 »
Update:

1. The small GB for all R3 version will be halted for now, based on the feedbacks. It will be delayed to some time later till a proper time with a proper place, or it will come along with the sculpted version like packman86 suggested in #130. It should be noticed that there is a substantial vote number for the all R3 version.

2. About the profile: I got confirmation for Melissa of SP, if we stick to the Symbiosis R1 legends and only change the profile from all R3 to 1-1-2-3-4-3, there will not be any extra cost on molds. So as an response to pomk in #88, we could and we will go for the sculpted version.

3. About the legends: If we want larger legends for the alphas like what's in R6, as Lepidus asked in #61, we have to create and pay for those larger legends, since it's a dead end to ask 7bit for permission to use the legends in R6. I could take care of this new legends cost for the alphas kit if we choose to go for them.

The problem with larger legends is that plenty of R6 legends are larger than what we got from other usual GBs, including the legends for the top Fn row, the number row in alphas kit, the punctuations, etc. It's impossible to create new legends for all keycaps for all kits in Symbiosis R2. And it doesn't look consistent if we just create larger legends only for the alpha kit or just for 26 letters(with APL legends) in it. IMO, the "smaller" legends of the alpha kit from Symbiosis R1 are more consistent to the legends sizes of its modifiers and other keycaps, and it's more compatible to the small legends of the keycaps we got from other usual GBs. For example: if we use the same legend size for Symbiosis R2, we could use the mixture of a blue number row from SA Dasher with a sculpted Symbiosis R2 alphas, without legend size compatibility issue.

So we had better stick to the legend size of Symbiosis R1.
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 March 2018, 08:53:45 by hhkbp2 »

Offline punksinatra

• Random Stuff
« Reply #188 on: Mon, 26 March 2018, 11:20:12 »
Any timeframe we looking at? I know I voted for Uniform R3 but I am ok either way you wanna go (sculptured or uniform R3)

Offline BobCarltheThird

« Reply #189 on: Mon, 26 March 2018, 11:55:06 »
I'm glad that you pushed it off until a better vendor could be found.

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #190 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 04:44:56 »
Any timeframe we looking at? I know I voted for Uniform R3 but I am ok either way you wanna go (sculptured or uniform R3)

Maybe both sculpted and uniform R3, according to the vote numbers for now. The issue is just which comes first or when & where they happen. Currently I have no schedule on timeframe. I think we should do more promotion and let more people know before the sculpted version(or both versions) going to the GB phase.

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #191 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 10:44:13 »
Assuming that I don't get the GMK set, I would be highly interested in this.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline notflipperdan420

• dalla dalla
« Reply #192 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 12:11:58 »
IN!
356L *2 | 356CL Gunmetal *3 | 356CL Black | 356.2 | 356CL DGE SE | 356mini v1 Military | 356mini v1 Black *2 | 356mini v1 Red *2 | 356mini v2 Red | 356N MK2 Silver *2 | 356N MK2 Red | 456GT Pink *3 | 356 Pad *2 | Brass Koala | Koala WK Black | FE Whale WKL | Whale v1 WKL Gunmetal | HHKB Type-S |  G80-5000HAMUS | G80-1838HPU NIB | G81-3000SAT NIB

Current Rotation: HeoK Dolch, HHKB Type-S, 456GT Pink

Offline hoq

• wolfmark.work
« Reply #193 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 21:24:27 »
I joined your small GB of this keyset, but what a pitty you cancelled it. I'm always in if you run it again some where some time.
 :thumb:

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #194 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 21:49:07 »
I joined your small GB of this keyset, but what a pitty you cancelled it. I'm always in if you run it again some where some time.
 :thumb:

Thanks a lot, bro!

Offline TechieWeirdo

« Reply #195 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 23:59:39 »
Definitely happy that you decided to hold off for now. Uniform R3 is great but I'm more interested in sculpted :D
b o a r d s

Offline befbef

« Reply #196 on: Sun, 01 April 2018, 03:55:53 »
I prefer sculpted but would buy both. This design looks so much better with SA than cherry.

Offline online

« Reply #197 on: Sun, 01 April 2018, 18:57:12 »
Sculpted for me. All R3 = taller DSA

Offline captsis

• Formerly matt2dlg
« Reply #198 on: Sun, 01 April 2018, 19:16:29 »
Sculpted for me. All R3 = taller DSA
Exactly

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #199 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 09:47:00 »
Slowly creeping back into keysets, and stumbled upon this. I remember Symbiosis back in the day, but now that I've been starting to use Emacs and Vim this year I'm very interested in this. Hoping this will come to fruition.