Author Topic: Rama Works M60-A [SHIPPED]  (Read 303713 times)

Offline oh_chesteroni

Re: Rama Works M60-A
« Reply #250 on: Sun, 29 April 2018, 04:02:10 »

That's great news Rama, thanks for chiming in. It definitely puts my mind at ease now :)

One last question, I'm wondering if you could chime in on what percentage of total orders include an internal weight? I don't need an exact percentage, anything off the top of your head will suffice. I'm having a hard time deciding so I figure I would just go with the popular vote.

When i asked, which was end of march to be fair, but then the number was about 60%.
I thought about this for some time too. But i ended on getting the internal weight because i really like a hefty board and i wanted to make this board as luxurious as possible :D
I just placed my order 20 mins ago, didn't want to cut it to close to GB deadline and not be able to get my order in at all. Ended up watching his YouTube video and I didn't notice a huge difference in acoustics, which is what I was mostly concerned about. So I didn't get the internal weight and decided to save the money for some keycaps to go with my board :)

Offline Lisinge

« Reply #251 on: Sun, 29 April 2018, 04:04:24 »
I just placed my order 20 mins ago, didn't want to cut it to close to GB deadline and not be able to get my order in at all. Ended up watching his YouTube video and I didn't notice a huge difference in acoustics, which is what I was mostly concerned about. So I didn't get the internal weight and decided to save the money for some keycaps to go with my board :)

Awesome dude! I'm sure you will be satisfied with that choice :D
What color did you get and which keycap set are you looking at getting with it? :D

Offline onefivenine

• Project Keyboard LLC
« Reply #252 on: Sun, 29 April 2018, 10:04:18 »

Looks like the PCB will support PCB mounted switches?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #253 on: Sun, 29 April 2018, 10:09:58 »
Show Image

Looks like the PCB will support PCB mounted switches?

Correct

Offline Hokabuki

« Reply #254 on: Sun, 29 April 2018, 19:27:30 »
I submitted my order for an M60-A a week or two ago. I'm wondering if I buy the starter kit now, what's the best way to not pay twice for shipping? Or will the starter kit be available longer than the normal group buy?

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech
« Reply #255 on: Sun, 29 April 2018, 20:40:03 »
I submitted my order for an M60-A a week or two ago. I'm wondering if I buy the starter kit now, what's the best way to not pay twice for shipping? Or will the starter kit be available longer than the normal group buy?

There are no plans to stock starter kits after the group buy, the intent was only to give a "build out of the box" experience for M60-A.

I think changing your current order would be fine. Contact Rama Works.

Offline MoebiuS451

« Reply #256 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 03:23:28 »
Hello, do you have any renders (from above and isometric) with SP SA keysets (for instance Carbon SA with Dusk, Dolch SA with Sage or Dasher SA with Lake) ?

Hello, you still don't have renders for SA keysets ? At least from above to assess color matching, like Carbon SA, Miami SA, Dasher SA with Lake, Troubled Mind SA with sage....

The easy choice would be the grey but I have yet many cnc grey cases...

Hi, when the pre-order will be closed ?  Still looking for SA renders...

Offline stxfreak

« Reply #257 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 03:31:41 »
Hello, do you have any renders (from above and isometric) with SP SA keysets (for instance Carbon SA with Dusk, Dolch SA with Sage or Dasher SA with Lake) ?

Hello, you still don't have renders for SA keysets ? At least from above to assess color matching, like Carbon SA, Miami SA, Dasher SA with Lake, Troubled Mind SA with sage....

The GB will conlcude some time today, probably aus time. Rama unfortunately had some unexpected family stuff coming up on the weekend, so he wasn't able to make his video or renders (I asked him for his vid over instagram and this was his response). I don't know if we will get any more renders or the video until the deadline, but I also think he has already done quite a lot, even though there wasnt a specific SA render I know of. There are still the files to do renders on your own if you really have to have them, not saying that is something you should have to do.
TGR Jane V2

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #258 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 03:35:25 »

The GB will conlcude some time today, probably aus time. Rama unfortunately had some unexpected family stuff coming up on the weekend, so he wasn't able to make his video or renders (I asked him for his vid over instagram and this was his response). I don't know if we will get any more renders or the video until the deadline, but I also think he has already done quite a lot, even though there wasnt a specific SA render I know of. There are still the files to do renders on your own if you really have to have them, not saying that is something you should have to do.

Finally got that time to make the video (with SA too!)

Only 6 hours left until the GroupBuy concludes :)
Didn't notice my personal messages have been disabled for those thinking you have been blocked - to contact please reach out through Facebook messages or support email!
WEB: https://rama.works/
STORE: https://ramaworks.store/
INSTA: @ramaworks
FB: ramaworks

Offline MoebiuS451

Re: Rama Works M60-A [Final Hours]
« Reply #259 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 03:45:11 »
In fact, for my part it was more a question of color matching with SP SA sets. I have yet many dark or light grey cnc cases, a dark blue Norbauer case, the pink is too pink. So by default I may get the green one, but I really don't know what to put on ! (carbon, troubled mind, Dolch...)

Offline Marutks

« Reply #260 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 04:48:10 »
I went with Black color and internal weight.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #261 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 06:13:20 »
Finally got that time to make the video (with SA too!)

Only 6 hours left until the GroupBuy concludes :)

No love for linear GMK? :'( :'(

I'm glad this buy is going so well Rama, congratulations for so far!!

Offline stxfreak

« Reply #262 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 06:22:55 »
Here is an imgur album from a photo shoot /u/phatskin posted on r/mk, if anyone is still not sure if they want this beauty :)

https://imgur.com/a/QWjoKtJ#RsBXsDQ
TGR Jane V2

Offline vewy_nice

« Reply #263 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 08:26:02 »
Here is an imgur album from a photo shoot /u/phatskin posted on r/mk, if anyone is still not sure if they want this beauty :)

https://imgur.com/a/QWjoKtJ#RsBXsDQ

Aww man I want those green feet for my sage :o

This board is going to be AWESOME.

Offline monkt

« Reply #264 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 09:58:36 »
Is there a way to completely turn off the lighting on this board?

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech
« Reply #265 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 10:03:50 »

Yes.

Offline stxfreak

« Reply #266 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 10:04:47 »

the video shows it with completely off leds, so I guess it is possible.
TGR Jane V2

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #267 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 11:29:50 »
For those that are desperate for a SA render, there are couple renders with SA Pulse on Mito website. https://mitormk.com/pulse/

Scroll down until you find the m60 renders.

Offline pvd

« Reply #268 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 14:30:17 »
The assembly video convinced me. I’m all in. Hope it looks as badass as the prototype when I’m holding it in my hands.

Offline ye_cole

« Reply #269 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 16:39:38 »
Finally got in!

Duskboyes where u at

Offline monkt

« Reply #270 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 19:47:21 »
Since I'm new to this, what will I have to do to program the keyboard with QMK?
Will there be some kind of repository support for this pcb, as I have seen with other boards?

Also, will a firmware download be necessary, or is it all pre-loaded?
I don't own a windows machine, so if a download is necessary, will it be available for mac/linux?

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech
« Reply #271 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 20:35:03 »
Since I'm new to this, what will I have to do to program the keyboard with QMK?
Will there be some kind of repository support for this pcb, as I have seen with other boards?

Also, will a firmware download be necessary, or is it all pre-loaded?
I don't own a windows machine, so if a download is necessary, will it be available for mac/linux?

Units will ship with firmware installed and a default keymap, so people can use it immediately.

The firmware will be using QMK. There will also be a GUI configurator to change keymaps and other settings.

Offline briano1905

« Reply #272 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 01:21:32 »
secured lake m60-a last minute. cant wait for this ;D

Offline ctrl

« Reply #273 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 03:01:37 »
So stoked for this! Looking forward to following the whole process now until it finally arrives. The color options in this drop were really good looking! Would be really interesting to see statistics of how many were sold of each color.

Offline G1LL3Y

« Reply #274 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 07:01:19 »
So stoked for this! Looking forward to following the whole process now until it finally arrives. The color options in this drop were really good looking! Would be really interesting to see statistics of how many were sold of each color.

I too got the M60-A in Lake! What keycaps and switches are you going to use in your build?

Offline ye_cole

« Reply #275 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 09:04:27 »

Seconded! Seems interesting.

Offline stxfreak

« Reply #276 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 09:05:03 »
I'm so excited to get this as my first custom! I have tealios + zeal stabs ready and the starter kit with royals and gmk stabs coming in (thanks!  ;)). It's going to be so good to be able to try every switch you want without the hassle of desoldering, can't wait!
TGR Jane V2

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #277 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 09:49:01 »
Well, I had a moment of weakness and bought one.  Damnit.  The silver is so basic but so nice. 

Offline monkt

« Reply #278 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 10:23:27 »
Can anyone identify a couple of keycap sets I saw in some of the renders here?

set 1: all white caps for both alphas and mods, with black legends
set 2: white alphas with black legends, black mods with white legends

I thought those two looked really nice with the Moon case and I'm trying to figure out if they are real sets that can be bought, or just nice renders.

Offline stxfreak

« Reply #279 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 10:24:54 »

I thought those two looked really nice with the Moon case and I'm trying to figure out if they are real sets that can be bought, or just nice renders.

First should be gmk stormtrooper, second could be oblivion with white alphas and the monochrome modifiers.
TGR Jane V2

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #280 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 10:41:17 »

https://en.zfrontier.com/products/gmk-pristine

Offline monkt

« Reply #281 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 10:44:05 »

First should be gmk stormtrooper, second could be oblivion with white alphas and the monochrome modifiers.

Thanks! Too bad it doesn't look like either of these is available anymore. I may end up with a naked board at this rate. I'd really want to get something like that all white caps, or white with black mods in both GMK and in SA. That's pretty much my vision for the Moon case. Not yet sure how to fulfill it since I'm new to this. Worried I may have to wait a couple of years for the right SA set given how long production seems to take right now.

Offline monkt

« Reply #282 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 10:50:10 »

Nice, thank you!
Can you tell if the base set for sale there would fit the m60-a?

I've pretty much lost my mind trying to sort out what's necessary in the various SA set group buys I have been looking at. GMK looks simpler because it often seems to have a lot more options bundled in the base set.

And is that pretty much standard market rate for a comparable set in GMK?

Offline G1LL3Y

« Reply #283 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 10:50:57 »

Thanks! Too bad it doesn't look like either of these is available anymore. I may end up with a naked board at this rate. I'd really want to get something like that all white caps, or white with black mods in both GMK and in SA. That's pretty much my vision for the Moon case. Not yet sure how to fulfill it since I'm new to this. Worried I may have to wait a couple of years for the right SA set given how long production seems to take right now.

you could also check out the SA Ice Caps at https://pimpmykeyboard.com/sa-ice-cap-keyset/

Offline monkt

« Reply #284 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 11:03:11 »

you could also check out the SA Ice Caps at https://pimpmykeyboard.com/sa-ice-cap-keyset/

That actually looks really nice--thank you! Too bad they are all row 3, I really wanted to try the fully sculpted option. But this would make it a lot easier to switch the caps around for Colemak, I think.

So many set options. Do you know which ones would I need for the M60-A?
I'm going to have to print out the diagram with the cap sizes for this board and start comparing, but the Ice Cap product page doesn't list the sizes of the caps in each set.

Offline voight-kampff

« Reply #285 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 11:17:11 »
I asked them in an email what sets I need, and they replied in a day or so. Can give you the details -- it was for an other set -- but it was about 3 or three sets, and around 180$ with shipping

you need the following, if you would recreate the renders of Rama:

2 x alt = 1.5u
1 x shift = 2.25u
1 x and 1.75u
1 x space = 7u
1 x fn = 1u
1 x backspace = 1.5u

« Last Edit: Tue, 01 May 2018, 12:14:54 by voight-kampff »

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #286 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 11:47:38 »

Nice, thank you!

I've pretty much lost my mind trying to sort out what's necessary in the various SA set group buys I have been looking at. GMK looks simpler because it often seems to have a lot more options bundled in the base set.

Yes, that'll work perfectly. Price is pretty standard considering it's in stock.

Offline pnkpanther65

« Reply #287 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 11:51:57 »

1 x backspace = 1.5u

Ftfy

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #288 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 12:07:55 »
Nice, thank you!

Xondat's already answered for the most part - bare in mind zFrontier also offers free shipping over $100 so the $160 there is also inclusive of that. Say $25 shipping to EU/CONUS depending on where you are, 135 for a set of that compatibility that is currently in stock (GMK leads are around 6 to 8 months now) is a really good price.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #289 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 12:09:52 »
GMK leads are around 6 to 8 months now

Where did you get info? It's still 16 weeks for new buys.

Offline voight-kampff

« Reply #290 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 12:15:49 »
sorry typo, I corrected it in my post

1 x backspace = 1.5u

Ftfy

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #291 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 12:57:07 »

You're probably right, I was just going off of most MD buys over the past year ish but their orders are huge compared to otherwise ran buys.

Offline monkt

« Reply #292 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 13:00:18 »
Is that GMK Pristine set as bright white as it sounds? The photos look like it, but I read a couple of reviews that complain about it being more of a dull, off-white color. Which would be fine for a lot of builds, I think, but maybe not quite matching the look of that stormtrooper set?

I know I'm being kind of particular, but I think it's warranted for a board as nice as this. Plus, you know, I can't really afford to buy 3 or 4 sets hoping for just the right shade.

Maybe I should ask this in the keycaps forum? Don't want to derail things here, but maybe there's also room for fantasizing about what look we want for the M60-A we're all waiting for now? I'd certainly like to hear what everyone else is planning.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #293 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 13:06:01 »
Is that GMK Pristine set as bright white as it sounds? The photos look like it, but I read a couple of reviews that complain about it being more of a dull, off-white color. Which would be fine for a lot of builds, I think, but maybe not quite matching the look of that stormtrooper set?

I know I'm being kind of particular, but I think it's warranted for a board as nice as this. Plus, you know, I can't really afford to buy 3 or 4 sets hoping for just the right shade.

Maybe I should ask this in the keycaps forum? Don't want to derail things here, but maybe there's also room for fantasizing about what look we want for the M60-A we're all waiting for now? I'd certainly like to hear what everyone else is planning.

Browse both the Pristine and Stormtrooper group buy threads, but to close this, they use a different white.

Rama's videos uses Stormtrooper.

Offline Atredl

« Reply #294 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 15:34:36 »
GMK leads are around 6 to 8 months now

To add to that, GMK Blue on Black was delivered to the vendors in something like 4 weeks after payment.

Offline Marutks

« Reply #295 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 16:30:55 »
I too got the M60-A in Lake! What keycaps and switches are you going to use in your build?

GMK LedZep and zealio switches.   Or dev/tty with kailh box navy.

Offline arsenics

« Reply #296 on: Wed, 02 May 2018, 01:36:46 »

Pristine is definitely more of an off-white thing than Stormtrooper. IIRC, it's got the same alpha colours as 9009.

Offline ttot

« Reply #297 on: Wed, 02 May 2018, 03:12:12 »
So, I ordered the M60-A in LAKE (NAVY) color, with starter kit. Black Alphas, turquoise Zambs and other necessary kits (like Text Hobbyist, Novelties, 7U Spacebars) from SA Pulse R3 drop. And of course violet "Mitolet" kit. I hope all of this together will look great! It only remains to buy a pair of themed cables.
RAMA M60-A(LAKE) | RAMA KOYU(HAZE) | RAMA M60-A SEQ2(MILK) | RAMA M6-C(MILK) | RAMA M65-B(ICED) | RAMA M6-C(ICED)
SA Pulse(R3) + Mitolet | GMK Jamón | GMK Calm Depths | GMK Chocolatier | GMK Minimal | GMK Striker | GMK Pulse(Mitolet) | GMK Phosphorous | GMK Peach Blossom | GMK Nautilus 2 | GMK Bleached | GMK Pono | GMK Pixel | GMK Metropolis R2 | GMK DUALSHOT 2 | SA Polyclear

Offline up-in

« Reply #298 on: Wed, 02 May 2018, 04:11:00 »
So, I ordered the M60-A in LAKE (NAVY) color, with starter kit. Black Alphas, turquoise Zambs and other necessary kits (like Text Hobbyist, Novelties, 7U Spacebars) from SA Pulse R3 drop. And of course violet "Mitolet" kit. I hope all of this together will look great! It only remains to buy a pair of themed cables.

I got the same lol. But i got rams + icon hobbyist instead. Can‘t wait to see how this’ll look.

Offline Lisinge

« Reply #299 on: Wed, 02 May 2018, 04:14:37 »

Rama being around in 2-4 years does not necessarily mean the pcb will still be around as well. Tbh, I had the same concerns, but then I realized the only reason I'd need a pcb is if there was some sort of manufacturing fault that caused the pcb to die out in let's say 2 years. Then again, if my garbage razer made it for 2 years, I have no reason to think that the m60a would last me any less.

I've seen a couple of people mention frying their pcb with static electric discharge. I get that pretty bad in the winter where I live, and with this being an all metal case, it seemed like something I should consider.

Also, aren't these hot swap pcbs a relatively new design? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. But if so, the durability of the hot swap feature may not yet be proven. In which case, it might well become necessary to find a replacement.

Kaihua does pretty thorough stress testing on all their products. I wouldn’t have any concerns with their durability.

According to Kaihua's own specsheets available here http://www.kailhswitch.com/uploads/201815927/PG151101S11.pdf, they are rated at a minimum of 100 cycles.