Author Topic: New Enthusiast in DC Area  (Read 2009 times)

Offline ZROGST

New Enthusiast in DC Area
« on: Fri, 08 June 2018, 17:46:01 »
Hey just introducing myself.  I bought my first Model M almost a decade ago from ClickyKeyboards.  I used it stock and enjoyed it before moving onto a more modern clicky: I picked up the CODE with Cherry Greens and happily used it until the keycaps started falling apart.  Then I stumbled into Artisans (particularly Jelly Key) and I was suddenly hooked on mechanicals. This week I purchased a TADA68 with Box Navies and the new XDA Canvas group buy Betas w/ MiCons, a Planck with Gateron Browns and DSA Quartz, and bought a Gherkin for my first Kit Board. I'm completely new to this but look forward to building switches and soldering.  I'm excited about that project: planning on building Outemu Ergo Clears (kiiBOSS ordered!) with 62g springs, installing Holtites, sanding and dyeing the PCB top/bottom plate, and finding a fitting keyset for it.  And something to do with it once it's built.

I've also managed to pickup a healthy start to an artisan collection, including the Jelly Key 8Bit GB entry, set of JK Forbidden Realms, JK Oasis Cyan and Yellow, JK Infinite Abyss, JK Raindance Temple, and JK Cyan Fusion. 

Personally, I come from the coin collecting community. You might have seen me successfully trade silver bullion for keycaps on r/MM.  I collect mostly US Morgans, foreign Trade Dollars, and Modern Chinese Mint Medals.  Professionally I work in the Aquarium Industry: Designing, Installing, and Maintaining large marine aquariums for private and corporate clients in the DC metro area.  One of our client's tanks is regularly featured on the new season of Real Housewives of Potomac Valley on Bravo.  Another client's large tank (5,000g Native Freshwater) is available for public viewing in Alexandria, VA.

Dan / ZROGST

Offline ZROGST

Re: New Enthusiast in DC Area
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 08 June 2018, 19:56:40 »
Here's two quick videos of Monique and Chris Samuel's tank (Chris was a lineman for NFL Redskins)

And a link to a high quality video from Bravo TV with the tank in the background.
« Last Edit: Fri, 08 June 2018, 19:58:18 by ZROGST »