Author Topic: how do i modify a uni-55g realforce to a 45g one?  (Read 3435 times)

Offline corygrapher

how do i modify a uni-55g realforce to a 45g one?
« on: Wed, 27 December 2017, 23:57:51 »
What makes a real force 45g or 55g, dome or spring or both? Thanks.

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
Re: how do i modify a uni-55g realforce to a 45g one?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 28 December 2017, 00:10:08 »
Domes
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline corygrapher

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 28 December 2017, 01:13:49 »
as others said it would be the domes. The springs from my understanding add like maybe 5g force if that. I don't know if you can easily find dom replacement's thought. Also keep in mind dome's very. I swear my FC660c is a 45g board but feels snapper and heavier then my 55g realforce.

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 28 December 2017, 01:14:20 »
Domes

Thanks.

My response was short and snarky. The full answer: you'll have to get your hands on 45 domes. This is a small market. Sometimes you can buy domes off someone. Usually, or what I have done in the past, is buy a second board or BKE Redux domes. Lucky for you, IMO, 45g are more common and 55g rf domes are pretty sought after. You could potentially trade with someone. I'd start with posting to the classifieds to see if anyone wants to trade or sell theirs.

Edit: Like HotRoderX said, it's not easy to find stock domes. BKE Redux domes are a good alternative. That being said, I'm sure a lot of people switching to BKE will have their stock domes lying around, so now might actually be a good time to trade.
« Last Edit: Thu, 28 December 2017, 01:16:28 by _rubik »
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline corygrapher

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 03 January 2018, 10:37:45 »
Thank you.

Actually, I'm using a 30/45/55 87u now. Since it's really hard to find an all-45 87U, can I buy an all-45 104 and use its domes on my 87U?

Offline corygrapher

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 03 January 2018, 10:38:33 »
Thank you.

Actually, I'm using a 30/45/55 87u now. Since it's really hard to find an all-45 87U, can I buy an all-45 104 and use its domes on my 87U?

Domes

Thanks.

My response was short and snarky. The full answer: you'll have to get your hands on 45 domes. This is a small market. Sometimes you can buy domes off someone. Usually, or what I have done in the past, is buy a second board or BKE Redux domes. Lucky for you, IMO, 45g are more common and 55g rf domes are pretty sought after. You could potentially trade with someone. I'd start with posting to the classifieds to see if anyone wants to trade or sell theirs.

Edit: Like HotRoderX said, it's not easy to find stock domes. BKE Redux domes are a good alternative. That being said, I'm sure a lot of people switching to BKE will have their stock domes lying around, so now might actually be a good time to trade.

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 12:31:45 »
Thank you.

Domes

Thanks.

I don't see why not. I don't know how the dome sheets on the 104 looks, but I'm assuming the numpad is it's own sheet. If that is correct, you can just take the sheets and put them directly in the 87u. Otherwise, you may have to do a little sheet trimming, but that isn't too much of a problem as long as you're careful (kills resale value though).