Author Topic: [GB] Pearl 40% R1 Complete - www.pearlboards.com - Thank you!  (Read 200462 times)

Offline trexous

• ~.~
Re: [GB] Pearl 40% R1 Complete - www.pearlboards.com - Thank you!
« Reply #750 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 13:01:11 »
any chance you'll be restocking any pcb's?

Offline Koobaczech

• Don't forget to smile :)
    • Pearlboards
« Reply #751 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 13:24:06 »
Hey fella. PCB's sold out today 5/10/18. This is due to the acrylic Pearl case, made for Ham and Tennis by JordiJolimon, trending on reddit and a lot of people buying them out. So here's a plan.

My PCB supplier requires a minimum order quantity of at least 50 PCB's, which would cost me over 1k to front the cash out of pocket. So I wont be doing that.

Jordijolimon from stratakb might run a Group buy for his acrylic Pearl case. If he does, I will be supplying PCB's for his buy and you can get one along with the case. If this does happen, I will buy some extra PCB's to stock for my existing customers as well.

If Jordi does not run a group buy, I'm looking at 1k+ out of pocket expenses for a minimum order of 50 PCB's. Id have to run my own group buy for them :0

Stay tuned my friends, I'll be working on it for you all.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #752 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 14:52:19 »
Hey fella. PCB's sold out today 5/10/18. This is due to the acrylic Pearl case, made for Ham and Tennis by JordiJolimon, trending on reddit and a lot of people buying them out. So here's a plan.

My PCB supplier requires a minimum order quantity of at least 50 PCB's, which would cost me over 1k to front the cash out of pocket. So I wont be doing that.

Jordijolimon from stratakb might run a Group buy for his acrylic Pearl case. If he does, I will be supplying PCB's for his buy and you can get one along with the case. If this does happen, I will buy some extra PCB's to stock for my existing customers as well.

If Jordi does not run a group buy, I'm looking at 1k+ out of pocket expenses for a minimum order of 50 PCB's. Id have to run my own group buy for them :0

Wait, so you're telling me there is a chance I could own one of those sweet-ass acrylic Pearls?  OMG OMG OMG

I loved the original case design too, btw.  Just didn't have funds at the time.

Offline RealLaugh

« Reply #753 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 15:04:07 »

Is there an IC or something for us to follow? Will it get posted where if and when it goes live? Would be down for an acrylic case + PCB  :-X

Offline rowie

« Reply #754 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 16:17:41 »

Thank you, I reached out to Jordi as well and he said he's looking into an IC for it, I guess maybe he is coordinating with you?  Hope this will be my chance to own a Miami Pearl.  :thumb:

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #755 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 16:20:18 »
Heck, I knew it would start to sell but didn't think it would sell out *that* quickly. I had a PCB in my cart and didn't bother to place the order!

I would probably be in for a standalone PCB group buy (I would probably end up designing my own case) or a Jolimon acrylic case group buy.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline trexous

• ~.~
« Reply #756 on: Fri, 11 May 2018, 06:43:25 »

pretty much the reason why I asked for the pcb! thats great to hear!! definitely interested for the group bundle for the case+pcb from jordi

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #757 on: Fri, 11 May 2018, 12:34:46 »
I've persuaded Jordi many times to get on Geekhack but he hasn't lol. The acrylic case for the Pearl wasn't made with my input at all, and that's fine. So we haven't coordinated at all on that account, but moving forward I told him if he wants cases we need more PCB's, so here's what I know.

The current acrylic case you've all seen uses an integrated plate. Meaning you cant reuse your already built Pearl core in the acrylic case. So you would need to buy a standalone PCB for it. Jordi did say he is working on an acrylic case that can use the existing core, so there's that too. I'll drop updates along as I receive them!

Offline jolimon

« Reply #758 on: Thu, 17 May 2018, 15:18:36 »
I guess I did have an account after all, just never used it! lol. Current plan is to have a store page for acrylic pearls up this weekend on my site and get an IC going for PCBs and Case combos. Currently the acrylic cases I've made use a built in plate but I am working on trying to find a way to make an empty case that can take pre-existing metal or acrylic plates from the R1 buy Koob did. With the IC if it looks like we can get the 50MOQ I'll be working with Koob to essentially run a new GB for Acrylic Cases+PCBs. I'll try to check this thread more often and I'll be sure to post the links here and on r/mk when the page is live this weekend. Looking forward to working some more with ya Koob!

[GB] Pearl 40% R1 Complete - www.pearlboards.com - Thank you!
« Reply #759 on: Thu, 17 May 2018, 16:57:59 »
I guess I did have an account after all, just never used it! lol. Current plan is to have a store page for acrylic pearls up this weekend on my site and get an IC going for PCBs and Case combos. Currently the acrylic cases I've made use a built in plate but I am working on trying to find a way to make an empty case that can take pre-existing metal or acrylic plates from the R1 buy Koob did. With the IC if it looks like we can get the 50MOQ I'll be working with Koob to essentially run a new GB for Acrylic Cases+PCBs. I'll try to check this thread more often and I'll be sure to post the links here and on r/mk when the page is live this weekend. Looking forward to working some more with ya Koob!
Count me in for a case+pcb if that happens. Saw your cases on /r/mk and been hyped ever since.
« Last Edit: Fri, 18 May 2018, 09:58:00 by ShrimplyPibbles69 »

Offline krey

« Reply #760 on: Mon, 21 May 2018, 04:06:18 »
Unfortunately missed the GB for the original pearl.

Would definitely join for the case+pcb if the acrylic pearls are available.
Kepler FC65 | 7v | Think6.5 v1 | Maja | G60 | TX75v2 | Fjell | Klippe x2 | Acrylic Tofu | CA66 | Norbaforce

Offline oh_chesteroni

« Reply #761 on: Mon, 21 May 2018, 20:17:34 »

Is it possible to have an angle on the acrylic cases?
Either way, count me in for an acrylic case.

Offline Astrasa

« Reply #762 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 01:39:55 »
I've been checking pearlboards pretty religiously, any idea when we'll have info on a possible new gb? I have 40% void in my life after selling my NIU in anticipation for a pearl ;D
Kyuu Proto | Quasi Alice | Duck Viper | Tx87-Se

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #763 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 02:13:14 »
I've been checking pearlboards pretty religiously, any idea when we'll have info on a possible new gb? I have 40% void in my life after selling my NIU in anticipation for a pearl ;D

It's probably gonna be 2019 before an R2 for Pearl even enter IC phase.
Unless something has changed, Koob is working on a 60% now.

Offline Astrasa

« Reply #764 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 02:17:18 »

Oof a ways out, guess I'll have a look at his 60% and keep an eye out for other 40s then. I hope I see you one day pearl lol

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #765 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 15:29:42 »
Hey everyone! Hope you are all splendid. Just checking up on the thread, making sure no craziness has happened in my absence, like Pearls being used as murder weapons and me being blamed for it. You know, the usual!

Hey bud! Thanks for asking about a new GB. I started making a 60% since some people wanted to see one! These things take time. I'll push R2 out right after the 60 if it runs! If the 60 doesn't run, I might do the R2 right away! Unlikely though :!

On point :thumb: Ty

Offline Astrasa

« Reply #766 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 15:36:52 »
Hey everyone! Hope you are all splendid. Just checking up on the thread, making sure no craziness has happened in my absence, like Pearls being used as murder weapons and me being blamed for it. You know, the usual!

Hey bud! Thanks for asking about a new GB. I started making a 60% since some people wanted to see one! These things take time. I'll push R2 out right after the 60 if it runs! If the 60 doesn't run, I might do the R2 right away! Unlikely though :!

Got it! Realized I'm not following you on insta so I'll be sure to watch updates there, thanks :)

Offline d.caminero

« Reply #767 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 18:08:27 »
Hey Koob, any word on that poly case GB with jolimon? If you remember, I wanted to buy another PCB and a custom plate for my alps layout but then you run out of PCB's, so I'm still waiting for that.
Thanks!

« Reply #768 on: Sat, 09 June 2018, 13:23:56 »
Hey Koob, any word on that poly case GB with jolimon? If you remember, I wanted to buy another PCB and a custom plate for my alps layout but then you run out of PCB's, so I'm still waiting for that.
Thanks!
Also curious about this. Grabbed a PCB but was holding off on sourcing a case myself since it was mentioned that the acrylic case/pcb GB might be happening.

Offline RealLaugh

« Reply #769 on: Mon, 11 June 2018, 13:32:17 »
I know that some of this info was already reported on when people started to receive and flash their Pearls but I would like most up to date information

To compile the firmware: Can I use the Github FAQ https://github.com/qmk/qmk_firmware/tree/master/keyboards/pearl and Bash for Windows 10 and check that all the packages are installed or do I need to be running Linux natively?
Bricking the PCB: Is it technically possible the brick the Pearl if it goes wrong?
Switching between firmwares: Can you switch back to ps2avr from QMK?

Thanks in advance

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.
« Reply #770 on: Wed, 29 August 2018, 17:52:23 »
Built one of my Pearls recently. When I press any key in the top row, every key in the same column is activated. For instance, if I press "u", the output is "ujm". This issue is only present in the top row. I surmise the internal matrix may be the issue, but I don't know how I can access that via Bootmapper, if at all. Thoughts?

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #771 on: Wed, 29 August 2018, 21:52:04 »
Built one of my Pearls recently. When I press any key in the top row, every key in the same column is activated. For instance, if I press "u", the output is "ujm". This issue is only present in the top row. I surmise the internal matrix may be the issue, but I don't know how I can access that via Bootmapper, if at all. Thoughts?

You aren't using screw in stabilizers by chance?  I've seen similar from the screws shorting on a row.  If so, put something insulating under the screws and see if it helps (I use tape)

Offline BlindAssassin111

• I design keyboards and stuff.
    • Viktus
« Reply #772 on: Wed, 29 August 2018, 21:55:42 »

You aren't using screw in stabilizers by chance?  I've seen similar from the screws shorting on a row.  If so, put something insulating under the screws and see if it helps (I use tape)

This was the biggest issue on the TKC1800 as well, screw stabs really are a dangerous thing to have if over-tightened. They may mount nicely, but they can cause a lot of headache at the same time...

Offline eksuen

« Reply #773 on: Wed, 29 August 2018, 22:07:09 »

I'm not using screw-in stabs - just the regular ones that snap in.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #774 on: Fri, 31 August 2018, 09:07:03 »

Check the diodes.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline eksuen

« Reply #775 on: Fri, 31 August 2018, 11:12:02 »

Check the diodes.

Nothing was bridged or missing, but I'll double check.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #776 on: Fri, 31 August 2018, 11:13:03 »

Check the diodes.

Nothing was bridged or missing, but I'll double check.

could be that one of them is bad, but that's certainly a weird one
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline eksuen

« Reply #777 on: Fri, 31 August 2018, 21:31:37 »

But if one of them were bad, wouldn't it manifest as a local issue? Why is every column affected and only when I press the top row keys?

Offline quaddepos

« Reply #778 on: Sat, 01 September 2018, 08:54:21 »

But if one of them were bad, wouldn't it manifest as a local issue? Why is every column affected and only when I press the top row keys?

I had the same issue, friend of mine fixed it. Will send more info when im on my pc.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Offline dantambok

« Reply #779 on: Sun, 02 September 2018, 01:08:08 »
Are there any plans of doing another run?  :(
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

Coming --   Lynx50 (wixx scammed us) / Ladybird60 / JJW Derivative / TGR Shi

100+ GMK sets

Offline RealLaugh

« Reply #780 on: Sun, 02 September 2018, 03:12:48 »
Are there any plans of doing another run?  :(

From having followed the thread during R1 - maybe, but Koob's 60% "Pandora" will probably run first.

If you're into 60's then you can check it out here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=96372.0

Offline quaddepos

« Reply #781 on: Sun, 02 September 2018, 05:41:55 »

I asked my friend what it was, this is his response: the usb c connector has 4 tht holes to secure it and the trace for that row comes really close to it. I guess the factory ****ed something up while drilling it and the hole touched the trace for that row and shorted it to gnd. I broke a bit of that hole off with a knife and it worked perfectly after that.

I used to have it on the whole top row.

Offline eksuen

« Reply #782 on: Mon, 03 September 2018, 00:24:59 »

I asked my friend what it was, this is his response: the usb c connector has 4 tht holes to secure it and the trace for that row comes really close to it. I guess the factory ****ed something up while drilling it and the hole touched the trace for that row and shorted it to gnd. I broke a bit of that hole off with a knife and it worked perfectly after that.

Thanks, I'll look into that.

Offline eksuen

« Reply #783 on: Thu, 06 September 2018, 11:55:38 »
Visually, I don't see any shorts. I plan to desolder the two switches around the USB port to see if I can see anything then.

Offline zoois

• s!mp!e l!fe
« Reply #784 on: Sat, 15 September 2018, 10:52:30 »
Pearl40 with GMK

Gateron Punchy Lemon Switches (lubed,62g,linear)

I love it!!

203590-0

203594-1

203592-2
« Last Edit: Sat, 15 September 2018, 14:45:57 by zoois »

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #785 on: Sat, 15 September 2018, 11:05:00 »
Pearl40 with GMK

Punch Lemon Switches (lubed,62g,linear)

I love it!!

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

well, it looks amazing.  But what in the hell are punch lemon switches?

Offline eksuen

« Reply #786 on: Thu, 20 September 2018, 01:54:25 »

Thanks, I'll look into that.

I finally got a chance to look into it. That was indeed the problem. On the side of the PCB that faces the plate, there was excess solder on one of the USB port through-hole joints that shorted it to the "q" key and consequently, the entire top row. I had to desolder the "Esc" and "q" switches to reveal it. After scraping the surface with a flathead screwdriver, I retested and the top row behaved normally.

Thanks for the tip, quaddepos.

Offline Hedgey

« Reply #787 on: Mon, 24 June 2019, 13:50:41 »
R2 R2 R2!!!!!!

"Resellers don't kill the community, auctioneers kill the community. Look at what happened to Diablo 3"

Offline MacSurfy

• Designer & 3D artist
« Reply #788 on: Tue, 23 July 2019, 00:57:40 »
R2 pretty please?  :cool:

Offline EMC Labs

« Reply #789 on: Tue, 23 July 2019, 06:58:11 »

Offline hahihuhei

« Reply #790 on: Tue, 23 July 2019, 07:02:38 »
Time for R2 IC

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline parityb1t

• 60% or less \m/
« Reply #791 on: Wed, 24 July 2019, 05:37:43 »
Yus, R2
Alps64 w/ Orange Alps | SatanGH60 Gartistotles

Offline Icte

« Reply #792 on: Wed, 24 July 2019, 06:53:33 »
Count me in for R2!

Offline sleepy

« Reply #793 on: Tue, 06 August 2019, 13:13:58 »
sorry to bump an old thread in case this was already asked - but were the plate files for the Pearl ever released? I've been wanting a PC plate to go with my sakurios  :-*

Offline pino38

« Reply #794 on: Sat, 10 August 2019, 23:24:19 »
im in for round2!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline FearsomeCubedWarrior

« Reply #795 on: Sun, 11 August 2019, 09:32:22 »
im in for round2!

not gonna happen

Offline EMC Labs

« Reply #796 on: Sun, 11 August 2019, 19:49:27 »

Offline MacSurfy

• Designer & 3D artist
« Reply #797 on: Sun, 11 August 2019, 23:20:35 »
im in for round2!

As far as I understand the GB runner is no longer longer in the hobby. Would be great if someone could get his permission to continue the project (and get the files).

not gonna happen

Offline Hedgey

« Reply #798 on: Mon, 19 August 2019, 09:56:01 »
Anyone have a good way to get in touch with Koob via email or something along those lines?  I have some questions and only he can answer them.  (I've tried instagram but it's hit or miss)
"Resellers don't kill the community, auctioneers kill the community. Look at what happened to Diablo 3"

Offline Hedgey

« Reply #799 on: Mon, 19 August 2019, 11:00:59 »
I got in touch with him.  R2 may never happen, but it's not completely out of the realm of possibilities lol.   :))