Author Topic: [GB] GMK Future Funk ✨(replacement keys shipped)  (Read 318041 times)

Offline Grandmasternoob

Re: [GB] GMK Future Funk ✨(Shipping late May/ early June)
« Reply #250 on: Sun, 20 June 2021, 03:32:02 »
thanks for the information, Kema
the work of the rest of the proxies is "surprising" :D :thumb:

Offline itsprobablyme

« Reply #251 on: Mon, 21 June 2021, 04:00:53 »
Any eta on the rush order of the remaining mousemats? Are we talking July/August etc?

Offline Grandmasternoob

« Reply #252 on: Mon, 21 June 2021, 08:10:44 »
Any eta on the rush order of the remaining mousemats? Are we talking July/August etc?

2-3 months, no one can give the exact date

Offline itsprobablyme

« Reply #253 on: Tue, 22 June 2021, 04:57:15 »
kill me now  :'(

Offline Rumblethumps

« Reply #254 on: Wed, 23 June 2021, 14:19:16 »
Extras of the kits and the deskmats were supposed to go on sale on TKC like 20 mins ago, and all the deskmats (and the base kit) sold out within 10 seconds. (I might be exaggerating, but it was under a minute, for sure.) Is that related at all to the deskmats that were missing from the original orders, or did they really just sell out that fast? If so, how many extra did they even have, like 1?

This is my first time trying to find extras of a set, so my bad if I'm missing something. I was hoping to snag an extra, but I guess now I'm just praying for another run.

Offline gleneston

« Reply #255 on: Wed, 23 June 2021, 14:21:37 »
Extras of the kits and the deskmats were supposed to go on sale on TKC like 20 mins ago, and all the deskmats (and the base kit) sold out within 10 seconds. (I might be exaggerating, but it was under a minute, for sure.) Is that related at all to the deskmats that were missing from the original orders, or did they really just sell out that fast? If so, how many extra did they even have, like 1?

This is my first time trying to find extras of a set, so my bad if I'm missing something. I was hoping to snag an extra, but I guess now I'm just praying for another run.
You’re not exaggerating. I added the base kit to my cart at 3 on the dot and before I could check out it was sold out.

I ended up getting the icon mods instead. At least it’s something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Spressa

« Reply #256 on: Wed, 23 June 2021, 17:37:57 »

Gmk extras always sell out super fast, especially low moq ones like future funk. You have to be logged in and ready to check out and basically go for only base. If you take your time to buy base and all the add ONS in the same order, you'll rarely get it. This is just advice for most sets going forward if you're looking to get extras.

I got a base set and had to go around a 2nd time around to get the light alphas & spacebar. You have to eat shipping twice but if you really want a keycap set, always aim for base & go.

Sorry you didn't get a set, good luck next time.

Offline RoyalOak88

« Reply #257 on: Wed, 23 June 2021, 22:26:36 »
That's actually a good tip. I also did my purchase at 8:02 and when I was going for payment my cart just got deleted... failed to catch a Base plus bars.
Well, let's hope for a second round

Offline Rumblethumps

« Reply #258 on: Wed, 23 June 2021, 22:55:42 »

Gmk extras always sell out super fast, especially low moq ones like future funk. You have to be logged in and ready to check out and basically go for only base. If you take your time to buy base and all the add ONS in the same order, you'll rarely get it. This is just advice for most sets going forward if you're looking to get extras.

I got a base set and had to go around a 2nd time around to get the light alphas & spacebar. You have to eat shipping twice but if you really want a keycap set, always aim for base & go.

Sorry you didn't get a set, good luck next time.

That's pretty much what I did, I had my phone pre-loaded with my card/shipping info and had the page loaded and ready to go like 10 mins early. I only wanted the base kit and a deskmat, so the whole thing took maybe 20 seconds, but they still got deleted out of my cart before the payment screen even loaded.

Oh well, congrats to the lucky few who got one.

Offline Ustinj

« Reply #259 on: Thu, 24 June 2021, 01:59:03 »
got mine today, colors are actually so much nicer in person and the alphas really pop. didn't expect to like it as much as I do. nice work

Offline itsprobablyme

« Reply #260 on: Thu, 24 June 2021, 05:45:00 »
How do they even have extra deskmats to sell? No one even got the right amount of mats in the first place surely the people waiting on mats they ordered over a year ago should be prioritised?

Offline Grandmasternoob

« Reply #261 on: Thu, 24 June 2021, 07:25:49 »
How do they even have extra deskmats to sell? No one even got the right amount of mats in the first place surely the people waiting on mats they ordered over a year ago should be prioritised?

write to the local store where you ordered
I still haven't received a set and a mat from Candy

Offline lubekpl

« Reply #262 on: Thu, 24 June 2021, 07:28:07 »

Same here, I asked about it twice, first was told that they're waiting for proper packaging because the original is crap, 2nd time no response. Have been sitting on a "label created" for over a month with little to no communication and no eta.

Wysłane z mojego COR-L29 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Offline itsprobablyme

« Reply #263 on: Thu, 24 June 2021, 07:31:41 »

The reason we haven't got them yet was because TKC messed up deskmat production, that's what my local proxy stated. So the fact they are selling extras when we haven't had our original ones yet leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Offline Grandmasternoob

« Reply #264 on: Thu, 24 June 2021, 07:32:36 »
new updates for those who are still waiting for orders from Candy

« Last Edit: Thu, 24 June 2021, 07:50:31 by Grandmasternoob »

Offline Rumblethumps

« Reply #265 on: Thu, 24 June 2021, 07:41:26 »

The reason we haven't got them yet was because TKC messed up deskmat production, that's what my local proxy stated. So the fact they are selling extras when we haven't had our original ones yet leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
If it helps any, they were sold out basically instantly, so only a few people (if any) got any of the extras anyway lmao.

When I tried checking out, it did say that there were none of the disco variant of the deskmats available. Do we know which design the production error affected? If it only affected the disco one, it wouldn't be as weird of them to sell extras of the other one.

On the other hand, if it affected both of them, that would be pretty scummy, especially since they even advertised that there would be extra deskmats a whole day in advance.

Offline Grandmasternoob

« Reply #266 on: Thu, 24 June 2021, 07:46:44 »
everyone says different things
but Kema left his version on the previous page

For the missing deskmats, it seems some vendors were never invoiced for them so they're being rush ordered. zFrontier/Yushakobo should be in progress with Candykeys to follow. I'm not involved in the production process so I can't give any exact timelines but I hope they all get to buyers soon

Offline kenkaneki

« Reply #267 on: Tue, 29 June 2021, 08:06:14 »
Kinda ridiculous that I ordered a deskmat over 1.5 years ago and it still hasn’t shipped. Meanwhile I see extra’s being sold, like what? Still excited though…

Offline Grandmasternoob

« Reply #268 on: Tue, 29 June 2021, 13:47:29 »
it's just that TKC doesn't want to be responsible, but dumps the blame on other vendors, Candy will have mats in 2 months

I'm just angry
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 June 2021, 16:45:38 by Grandmasternoob »

Offline itsprobablyme

« Reply #269 on: Wed, 30 June 2021, 07:39:12 »
2 months fml, I at least got candy to ship my keycaps first out for free but yeah 1.5 years for a mouse mat is ridiculous.

Offline Rensuya

• Blue is my spirit animal
    • Link to the discord!

Offline idealape

« Reply #271 on: Wed, 30 June 2021, 16:34:47 »
https://imgur.com/a/D7JnmNW
Nice man! That's exaxtly what I'm going for too

Sent from my J9210 using Tapatalk

Offline Vortex_Rikers

« Reply #272 on: Mon, 05 July 2021, 12:44:50 »
Just noting here that we're aware of the few keys that got the wrong legend colors in the Icon Mods Kit, we've let GMK know and hopefully there will be replacement keys at some point 😓

Could you please kindly keep us updated regarding this issue in the future? I glossed over your comment last time and was perfectly happy with my FF sets up until I copped an extra Icon Mod kit to go with my Hiragana alphas.
Real bummer that I can't use my icon CapsLock, it really is a beautiful set and I would love to!

Now that the buy is over and extras are (mostly) out, just for reference if there are any that are looking to get the Icon Mod from the aftermarket, here are the few keys that don't match the renders/announced kitting that I could see:
1. Standard CapsLock is pink instead of yellow
2. 1U Alt keys are yellow instead of pink (doesn't strike me as a problem, but different than what was announced)
3. ISO Enter is yellow instead of white (same)

Also for the price we pay for GMK keysets, the kind of defects shown in 4. shouldn't happen.
In case you can't see because of the ****ty picture quality (which I apologise for), Alt symbol is flawed on the right. The other key was fine though. And this Delete key is just ... well let's just say your eyes are not deceiving you.
I did not notice anything of the sort in my Base and Hiraganas kits.

271818-0

Edit: removed example #3 as of Kema's answer 2 comments down.
« Last Edit: Tue, 06 July 2021, 13:54:25 by Vortex_Rikers »

Offline asciisii

« Reply #273 on: Mon, 05 July 2021, 13:21:36 »
Just noting here that we're aware of the few keys that got the wrong legend colors in the Icon Mods Kit, we've let GMK know and hopefully there will be replacement keys at some point 😓

Could you please kindly keep us updated regarding this issue in the future? I glossed over your comment last time and was perfectly happy with my FF sets up until I copped an extra Icon Mod kit to go with my Hiragana alphas.
Real bummer that I can't use my icon CapsLock, it really is a beautiful set and I would love to!

Now that the buy is over and extras are (mostly) out, just for reference if there are any that are looking to get the Icon Mod from the aftermarket, here are the few keys that don't match the renders/announced kitting that I could see:
1. Standard CapsLock is pink instead of yellow
2. 1U Alt keys are yellow instead of pink (doesn't strike me as a problem, but different than what was announced)
3. ISO Enter is yellow instead of white (same)

Also for the price we pay for GMK keysets, the kind of defects shown in 4. shouldn't happen.
In case you can't see because of the ****ty picture quality (which I apologise for), Alt symbol is flawed on the right. The other key was fine though. And this Delete key is just ... well let's just say your eyes are not deceiving you.
I did not notice anything of the sort in my Base and Hiraganas kits.

(Attachment Link)

Oh dang, I need to open my icon mods kit and check too I guess

Offline kema

• Designer
    • kevinmadesign
« Reply #274 on: Mon, 05 July 2021, 18:49:35 »
Hey Vortex thanks for writing that up, I’ll forward it and will def update on the replacement situation here when I hear about it. For #3, the Enters are correct but if you saw white it might’ve been an older render with an error and the vendor didn’t update their assets. 100% agree that for the price GMK goes for, these errors shouldn’t happen (I also noticed some R4 text mods with odd vertical centering) ☹️

Edit: Just took a look at the delete key, that one is particularly gnarly 🧐
« Last Edit: Mon, 05 July 2021, 19:01:48 by kema »

Offline kema

• Designer
    • kevinmadesign
« Reply #275 on: Fri, 09 July 2021, 23:07:31 »
Received an update from GMK via TKC, they’ll be producing free replacements for the miscolored keys in the Icon Mods kit and shipping them to vendors ASAP with the missing 1.75u shifts 🙏

TKC’s also brought up the legend misalignment issues for GMK to investigate

Offline OmniSzron

« Reply #276 on: Thu, 15 July 2021, 17:31:42 »
it's just that TKC doesn't want to be responsible, but dumps the blame on other vendors, Candy will have mats in 2 months

I'm just angry
This is ****ing unbelievable. It's the same **** that I went through with Milkshake deskmats. I'm sick of this.
Fox Lab Key 65 split space

Offline kabocha

« Reply #277 on: Fri, 16 July 2021, 10:08:59 »
Edit: Found a response from kema on TKC discord. Its icon only. As for the missing 1.75u and icon mods, was there any messaging from TKC? I dont think I gotten an email about it.

Hey there. I haven’t gone through the entire thread but it seems like the wrong 1.25u shift key is supplied in the base kit. I think it was suppose to be icon + text but received just an icon key.272430-0

« Last Edit: Fri, 16 July 2021, 10:30:18 by kabocha »

Offline kema

• Designer
    • kevinmadesign
« Reply #278 on: Fri, 16 July 2021, 11:01:58 »
Edit: Found a response from kema on TKC discord. Its icon only. As for the missing 1.75u and icon mods, was there any messaging from TKC? I dont think I gotten an email about it.

Not sure if TKC sent any emails out but I did hear from them about the replacements for those keys and updated above! (GMK producing them and shipping ASAP) 🙏

Offline lubekpl

« Reply #279 on: Fri, 16 July 2021, 12:51:16 »

Not sure if TKC sent any emails out but I did hear from them about the replacements for those keys and updated above! (GMK producing them and shipping ASAP)
Ok, but how it's going to be handled? Do we have to reach out to the vendor? Will it be handled automatically?

Wysłane z mojego COR-L29 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Offline Grandmasternoob

« Reply #280 on: Fri, 16 July 2021, 15:09:41 »
I don't want to offend Kema, but purple has nothing to do with what was on the renders! At the stage of samples, I talked about it, I said that it was too dark color, but what I can. Overall, I'm not particularly happy with what I received.

Offline kema

• Designer
    • kevinmadesign
Re: [GB] GMK Future Funk ✨(replacement keys in production)
« Reply #281 on: Fri, 16 July 2021, 22:08:36 »
Ok, but how it's going to be handled? Do we have to reach out to the vendor? Will it be handled automatically?

I wasn't informed on those details but I've asked someone on TKC staff to see if they can send out an email to all the buyers, from what I understand the icon mod replacement keys will be sent out automatically (will be produced based on # of kits sold), but I'm not sure about the 1.75u shifts since only some kits were missing them.

I don't want to offend Kema, but purple has nothing to do with what was on the renders! At the stage of samples, I talked about it, I said that it was too dark color, but what I can. Overall, I'm not particularly happy with what I received.

That's my fault, the final purple mix did end up being a bit cooler and darker than the one in the renders to get it to how I personally wanted it to look. In hindsight I should've tried to work with vendors to see if they send out photos of the samples and allow for cancellations for those that weren't happy with them. If it's not possible to get a refund from your regional vendor, you can pm me and send me your kits for a full refund + shipping costs, or you could sell them on the aftermarket. I'm sorry you weren't happy with the keyset 😢

Offline Grandmasternoob

« Reply #282 on: Sat, 17 July 2021, 01:23:07 »
Quote from: Kema
That's my fault, the final purple mix did end up being a bit cooler and darker than the one in the renders to get it to how I personally wanted it to look. In hindsight I should've tried to work with vendors to see if they send out photos of the samples and allow for cancellations for those that weren't happy with them. If it's not possible to get a refund from your regional vendor, you can pm me and send me your kits for a full refund + shipping costs, or you could sell them on the aftermarket. I'm sorry you weren't happy with the keyset 😢

I don’t want to be toxic, but it’s somehow indecent to return money from a regional vendor, they didn’t follow this process, next time just listen to the community, even though this is your project, but it’s not always ideal  ;)
« Last Edit: Sat, 17 July 2021, 01:24:57 by Grandmasternoob »

Offline yarlah

« Reply #283 on: Sat, 17 July 2021, 02:07:27 »
I got 2 2u shift intead of 1.75u **** out of luck for not getting what I paid for  :(

Offline Grandmasternoob

« Reply #284 on: Sat, 17 July 2021, 05:22:06 »
 :rolleyes:
sorry, my camera is broken
« Last Edit: Sat, 17 July 2021, 05:29:50 by Grandmasternoob »

Offline heyimpanda

« Reply #285 on: Sat, 17 July 2021, 11:13:53 »
welp, time to open my set...

Offline sdaf2

« Reply #286 on: Sat, 17 July 2021, 19:24:10 »
I just want my yellow icon capslock.. Mine are all pink

Offline Tyson

« Reply #287 on: Sat, 17 July 2021, 23:07:31 »
Still waiting on my Light Alphas to come in, they have been sitting in Chicago's Customs for a month now, maybe one day they will get their **** together and actually mail out my caps. Love the look of the base set though! Using it on a Lavender Whale75!

Offline itsprobablyme

« Reply #288 on: Mon, 19 July 2021, 07:43:57 »
There is a lot of hate in this thread but I just want to say I really love the set. I am disappointed in some aspects of the GB (mainly deskmat delay, but that is out of Kema's hands). The set looks really nice and was my first ever keycap GB.

Offline idealape

« Reply #289 on: Mon, 19 July 2021, 08:23:37 »
yeah, this was the first set I was like "must have it".
The design is really awesome, and I must say, the superdarkpurple on the base kits is reallly nice. 10/10

Was too late for the GB, feel very lucky to get all extras I wanted (base, light alphas, icon mods, spacebars)

Today I got the Light Alphas in, and was a little underwhelmed... it looks alot like a BoW set, rather than a PurpleonWhite set. Looking at the back of the doubleshot in good lighting conditions you see it definitly contains some purple, but overall it's way darker that the FF purple. (see images).
Here I mixed FF with ePBT Kon momo, of which the alphas are a blue-purplish colour, although a tad lighter/bluer than the FF purple it still does seem to match better than the FF light alphas 'black' legends IMO.  :-[

Haven't gotten to doublechecking my icon mod kit yet.
...Still I'm quite pleased to have this set nevertheless and look forward to Kema's forthcoming designs.  ;)

Offline RoyalOak88

« Reply #290 on: Mon, 19 July 2021, 11:12:42 »
I checked today my base set (extras from CK) and the only things I notice different are:
  • Small Shift icon is aligned top left instead of center left
  • 1U Alt keys are yellow instead of pink

Offline kema

• Designer
    • kevinmadesign
« Reply #291 on: Mon, 19 July 2021, 12:34:17 »
Glad you guys like the keyset! It's been really great seeing the response on IG/Reddit as well 🙏

I just got word from the contact at TKC who's in communication with GMK about the replacement keys that you should let your regional vendor know of your kit errors so they can report numbers. (Although, I'm sure the Icon Mods keys will be sent out automatically since all of them had those messed up 😑)

Offline loopaddiction

This is one of those cases where although the set isn't 100% accurate to how the renders were portrayed (like kema mentioned, a tad bit too dark and cool,) i prefer how it actually turned out. The purple is very deep and rich and has a very sophisticated tone. Beautiful color that needs to be seen in real life to be appreciated. Besides the logistic f-up's made on GMK and TKC's end, which seems to be business as usual for them these days, I'm completely satisfied with the set.
« Last Edit: Mon, 19 July 2021, 15:31:59 by loopaddiction »

Offline idealape

issues in my icon mod set (via CK, will contact them)(

* R3 Yellow regular Capslock - missing
* R2 Backspace (1.5u) is lightpink instead of brightpink
* R4 Alt keys (1u) are yellow instead of brightpink

gonna check the basekit later
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 July 2021, 11:37:33 by idealape »

Offline RegaliaKeebs

issues in my icon mod set (via CK, will contact them)(

* R3 Yellow regular Capslock - missing
* R2 Backspace (1.5u) is lightpink instead of brightpink
* R4 Alt keys (1u) are yellow instead of brightpink

Show Image

gonna check the basekit later

I think the regular capslock is just a different color. I see there is a caps lock symbol that is in a pink color in my kit and I don't see a key like that on the renders (it is the same size as the caps lock should be as well, not the smaller one that is in the kit for R4 row). Also, why are there so differences in colors from the way the kit turned out and the renders? The 1U symbols you pointed out that are clearly pink on the renders but came out yellow, and then the normal caps lock in renders is yellow but came out pink. Seems kinda crazy to have those inconsistencies.

On a side note, do we have to contact TKC about getting the replacement keys for Icon mod set? Or are they going to just be sending them out to the people who bought the icon mod sets? I bought the Hiragana and Icon Mod kit unopened from someone on r/mechmarket, so I need to figure out if I need to be in contact with them to make sure I get the replacement keys, or if I can just contact TKC myself and handle it directly.

Offline kema

• Designer
    • kevinmadesign
I think the regular capslock is just a different color. I see there is a caps lock symbol that is in a pink color in my kit and I don't see a key like that on the renders (it is the same size as the caps lock should be as well, not the smaller one that is in the kit for R4 row). Also, why are there so differences in colors from the way the kit turned out and the renders? The 1U symbols you pointed out that are clearly pink on the renders but came out yellow, and then the normal caps lock in renders is yellow but came out pink. Seems kinda crazy to have those inconsistencies.

On a side note, do we have to contact TKC about getting the replacement keys for Icon mod set? Or are they going to just be sending them out to the people who bought the icon mod sets? I bought the Hiragana and Icon Mod kit unopened from someone on r/mechmarket, so I need to figure out if I need to be in contact with them to make sure I get the replacement keys, or if I can just contact TKC myself and handle it directly.

The color differences are due to the manufacturer messing up the color applications on those keys in their internal visual guides. It's rare for this to happen but it's possible they were rushing things. Also the render showing the hot pink 1.75u Backspace was dated (should be light pink) and the vendor didn't update to the latest render assets. 😅

For your situation, you could try having the original buyer send in a support ticket requesting to change the delivery address for the eventual replacements. Or arrange for the original buyer to send them your way when they're received 🙏

Offline iliketimex

For my situation (night work, dimly lit room) the keycaps are more or less indistinguishable from black. Probably due to my old eyes, also. But I can see why a darker more muted shade of purple was chosen, since it's in no way garish or obnoxious. In a bright room like what Rensuya posted, you can see the full effect of the purple. I guess I have mixed feelings about the outcome since most renders and even samples appeared to be more saturated. A very unique set though, I don't expect to see another GMK set where there is such a challenging dark color match as this one.

Offline mamiro

Does anyone know how things will be handled by CandyKeys in regards to missing keys/replacements? I've ordered keycaps and deskmat together, so I guess I'm going to wait a little longer.

Offline Tyson

After a month of waiting my Light Alphas came in, they look fantastic! Will be looking forward to your next sets Kema!

Offline Grandmasternoob

Does anyone know how things will be handled by CandyKeys in regards to missing keys/replacements? I've ordered keycaps and deskmat together, so I guess I'm going to wait a little longer.

he has a discord, there in DM, he will answer all questions  ;)