Author Topic: [GB] HEAVY METAL KEYBOARDS [CONCLUDED]  (Read 271802 times)

Offline HungerMechanic

Re: [GB] HEAVY METAL KEYBOARDS [CLOSED]
« Reply #500 on: Mon, 24 May 2021, 11:47:46 »
There's going to be plenty of extras.

« Reply #501 on: Sat, 29 May 2021, 09:50:29 »
UPDATE - POWDER COATING RAL9005

Yesterday I picked up the last few boxes from the black / RAL9005 batch. So the powder coating is completed now. Happy another big milestone is reached.

First pictures from yesterday evening with poor lighting, taken by phone:

Show Image
Show Image
Show Image

And here are pictures from today under better lighting conditions, taken by DSLR:

Show Image
Show Image
Show Image

In about one week from now I should be able to be more specific about the upcoming bead blasting process of the stainless steel cases and the brass plates.
Till then.
I can see mine! jk. Thanks for the update!

Offline PlastikSchnittstelle

« Reply #502 on: Wed, 09 June 2021, 14:07:14 »
UPDATE - mild distractions

Sorry this update took me a bit longer than expected because I had to take care of other things. The last few weeks would just not allow me to advance with the outstanding group buy tasks. Additionally I'll be on a planned vacation for two weeks, starting on Saturday. Very sorry this update does not provide any pictures of progress. When I get back I'll resume as planned asap.

Before someone complains about no group buy advancement in this update, I want to mention that I had two options here:
a) let you know that for a certain period, other things have priority over the group buy
b) be silent

I thought a) would be the better choice.

Offline catbus

« Reply #503 on: Wed, 09 June 2021, 14:13:20 »

Sorry this update took me a bit longer than expected because I had to take care of other things. The last few weeks would just not allow me to advance with the outstanding group buy tasks. Additionally I'll be on a planned vacation for two weeks, starting on Saturday. Very sorry this update does not provide any pictures of progress. When I get back I'll resume as planned asap.

Before someone complains about no group buy advancement in this update, I want to mention that I had two options here:
a) let you know that for a certain period, other things have priority over the group buy
b) be silent

A is definitely the better choice. Thank you for keeping us in the loop and enjoy your vacation!

:)

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Offline kajahtaa

« Reply #504 on: Wed, 09 June 2021, 14:25:55 »
Have a good rest.

See you in a couple weeks.

Offline ddnomad

« Reply #505 on: Wed, 09 June 2021, 14:40:27 »

b) be silent

Enjoy your vacation and thanks for letting us know! Do appreciate it :)

Offline Shell058

• sheep sheep sheep
« Reply #506 on: Wed, 30 June 2021, 04:49:10 »

b) be silent

Thank you for letting us know! I wanted to check what would be the best way to update my shipping address, as I'll be moving in the next couple weeks and want to make sure I still receive my board.

Offline Liub

« Reply #507 on: Wed, 30 June 2021, 05:32:21 »
Thank you for letting us know! I wanted to check what would be the best way to update my shipping address, as I'll be moving in the next couple weeks and want to make sure I still receive my board.

Plastik will send out notification when he is ready to accept shipping address changes!

« Reply #508 on: Thu, 08 July 2021, 12:08:25 »
UPDATE - GALVANIZING

The steel parts are prepared for transportation. They will be transported to the factory that does the galvanizing, tomorrow. They are expected to be finished in two weeks from now.

Clarification because some asked about the order of bead blasting and galvanizing:
- the steel parts (steel plates and case feet) don't get bead blasted, just galvanized
- the brass plates and stainless steel cases get bead blasted
- the brass plates will get galvanized after bead blasting. although it is also galvanizing like the steel parts, it is still a different bath in which they get submerged (yes, prior I had this order slightly different).

Since galvanizing of the steel parts is the single biggest task left, this is what gets done now. Whatever is the biggest chunk left will get done next.
« Last Edit: Thu, 08 July 2021, 14:18:09 by PlastikSchnittstelle »

« Reply #509 on: Thu, 22 July 2021, 12:30:59 »
UPDATE - GALVANIZING A

Most of the steel parts are galvanized now. Got them today. I was told that the rest of the steel parts will be finished by tuesday.
I'm very happy with the result so far. Here you can see some before and after pictures:

Offline zxer

« Reply #510 on: Thu, 22 July 2021, 12:37:25 »
nice looking great

« Reply #511 on: Thu, 29 July 2021, 13:45:51 »
UPDATE - GALVANIZING B

The rest of the steel parts is done with galvanizing now. I was able to pic them up today. Next up is bead blasting. The brass plates and the stainless steel case parts will be transported to blasting next week. Next week I will also know how long blasting will take.

Here you can see some more pictures of the rest of the steel parts:

FYI, the little notches in the foot parts help me to easier recognize which case size the feet belong to. Foot for 40% has one notch, for 60% has two ... 95% has six.

Offline rinkaan

« Reply #512 on: Thu, 29 July 2021, 18:09:07 »
Thanks  for the update!

Sent from my Redmi K20 Pro using Tapatalk

« Reply #513 on: Fri, 06 August 2021, 11:08:15 »
UPDATE - BEAD BLASTING

The brass plates have been transported to the company that does the bead blasting. The stainless steel cases will be transported there next week. They are expected to be done in KW34.

« Reply #514 on: Fri, 06 August 2021, 11:09:41 »
UPDATE - C-PARTS

I was finally able to finalize and place the order for the accessories (screws, nuts, standoffs). Easy to find suppliers that offer one or two of the parts that I need. Though one that offers exactly all of them as well as mixed packaging , wasn't so easy. Only the grommets had to be ordered separately, though they also do come in the right packing unit.

« Reply #515 on: Thu, 02 September 2021, 14:52:28 »
UPDATE - BEAD BLASTING

I got the brass plates back from bead blasting, the stainless steel parts are still in progress. next week the brass plates will be transported to their last processing stage - black galvanizing.

Here you can see the brass plates before they got blasted (phone pic):

Here you see them after the blasting (also phone pic):

And here pictures with a better camera:

« Reply #516 on: Thu, 02 September 2021, 14:53:48 »
UPDATE - TIMELINE

At this point almost all of the surface treatment is done and all C-parts have been ordered. I am still in the process of exploring the packaging options. Either PE-foam or simple paper wrapping. PE-foam custom shapes would be much more easy for packing and speed up that process but I need to wait for quotes and an estimate on production time. Until I don't know for sure if I go for foam and how long this takes to be delivered, I don't want to state any shipping time frame.
One thing I am now confident to say though is that shipping will surely start in 2021 and it should also start before december.

So the current goal is to have everything shipped by the end of this year.

Offline rinkaan

« Reply #517 on: Thu, 02 September 2021, 19:15:12 »
Thanks for the updatw

Offline saesh

« Reply #518 on: Fri, 03 September 2021, 15:45:01 »
Thanks for the update!

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #519 on: Tue, 07 September 2021, 07:03:03 »
One thing I am now confident to say though is that shipping will surely start in 2021 and it should also start before december.

Strange sense of deja vu  :D

« Reply #520 on: Fri, 08 October 2021, 13:16:02 »
UPDATE - FINAL STRETCH

Since this week everything needed for shipping has either arrived or is ordered, custom sized shipping boxes being the last item I checked. According to the manufacturer I should get them well before december. The bead blasting of the stainless steel case parts has taken longer than expected, the first few boxes should be ready for pick up next week. The galvanizing of the brass plates also took longer, I was told they are ready by the end of next week or the week after. Ready packed screws, bolts etc should arrive this month. The grommets got delayed as well, waiting for an update on their status.
Although many parts take a bit longer, the "shipping starts before december" goal is still fine.
Next update will be pictures of the finished stainless steel parts and after that the finished brass plates. After that there won't be anymore updates before shipping. I'll then remind all again regarding address updates and some form of confirmation for addresses that have been changed will go out before shipping starts.
« Last Edit: Fri, 08 October 2021, 15:27:32 by PlastikSchnittstelle »

Offline ddnomad

« Reply #521 on: Sat, 09 October 2021, 03:41:27 »
UPDATE - FINAL STRETCH

Since this week everything needed for shipping has either arrived or is ordered, custom sized shipping boxes being the last item I checked. According to the manufacturer I should get them well before december. The bead blasting of the stainless steel case parts has taken longer than expected, the first few boxes should be ready for pick up next week. The galvanizing of the brass plates also took longer, I was told they are ready by the end of next week or the week after. Ready packed screws, bolts etc should arrive this month. The grommets got delayed as well, waiting for an update on their status.
Although many parts take a bit longer, the "shipping starts before december" goal is still fine.
Next update will be pictures of the finished stainless steel parts and after that the finished brass plates. After that there won't be anymore updates before shipping. I'll then remind all again regarding address updates and some form of confirmation for addresses that have been changed will go out before shipping starts.
Thanks for the update and your work!

Looking forward to getting my HMKB ^——^

Offline Damage

« Reply #522 on: Sat, 09 October 2021, 21:30:55 »
UPDATE - FINAL STRETCH

Excellent. Thanks for all of your hard work to make this happen!

« Reply #523 on: Tue, 09 November 2021, 09:10:59 »
UPDATE - BRASS PLATES & STAINLESS STEEL

After being delayed several times, yesterday I finally got told that the brass plates are done. Today I picked them up. After days of cloudy weather and rain, today the sun was shining, so I could also take some nice pictures. Most of the stainless steel case parts have been bead blasted by now, so I also took pictures of those. I am very happy about the bead blasting result. Bead blasting can be messed up in so many ways, so I am really relieved about this. Some of the stainless steel parts aren't done by now, this process seems to take much more time than expected but they should still be ready before December.

Here are the sunlight pictures of the finished brass and stainless steel:

« Reply #524 on: Tue, 09 November 2021, 09:12:59 »
UPDATE - C-PARTS

Meanwhile the grommets and the other small parts have arrived as well.

Nothing spectacular:

« Reply #525 on: Tue, 09 November 2021, 09:14:19 »
UPDATE - SHIPPING BOXES

Yesterday the shipping boxes arrived, just after it had stopped raining. Those two pallets were stack so damn high that I could not get them through the doors. Had to dismantle those two stacks outside, so it was a very lucky coincident that it had stopped raining. I had ordered quite a bit of PE foam as filling material for shipping. Seeing the volume those boxes take, I'm a bit worried about the volume that the PE foam might take. Will be exciting. Btw that PE foam is not a custom shape, it's just custom sized 10mm thick sheets to somewhat fit the custom sized shipping boxes.

Those boxes:

« Reply #526 on: Tue, 09 November 2021, 09:15:34 »
UPDATE - WHAT IS LEFT

Hope to get the rest of the stainless steel parts back from bead blasting soon, as mentioned, should be fine before December starts. PE foam as filling material should also be here before December. Apart from that there are only two important pieces missing. One of those two should definitely arrive before December, the other one I hope will still make it, hoping for the best.
I regularly get emails about address changes. Nothing has changed in this regard, I usually don't answer those emails, instead I'll automate this and will confirm address changes when shipping starts.

Offline rinkaan

« Reply #527 on: Tue, 09 November 2021, 19:05:50 »
Thanks for the updates!

Offline saesh

« Reply #528 on: Wed, 10 November 2021, 12:11:52 »
Awesome! Thanks for the update!

Offline ddnomad

« Reply #529 on: Wed, 10 November 2021, 12:22:35 »
Thanks for the update! Do appreciate it

« Reply #530 on: Mon, 29 November 2021, 13:33:11 »
UPDATE - EMAIL NOTICE

Recently, emails announcing that shipping will start soon have gone out to all group buy participants. Those who need their address to be updated should have gotten a specific email for that by now.

If you haven't gotten any Email by now, please contact me via pm or email.

Offline HungerMechanic

« Reply #531 on: Mon, 29 November 2021, 19:45:12 »
Oh good, my switches will be ready soon. Looks like the HMKB is on schedule . . . for me  :cool:

Offline rpiguy9907

« Reply #532 on: Tue, 30 November 2021, 13:07:26 »
I never lost faith in this one. Great work!

Offline pott

« Reply #533 on: Wed, 01 December 2021, 16:23:52 »
Not only received one email, but actually received TWO separate ones on address change ;) I guess I'll just reply to both then. Maybe I get twice the keyboards eh!

« Reply #534 on: Fri, 03 December 2021, 07:48:30 »
UPDATE - ADDRESS UPDATE NOTICE

All of you who requested an address update and provided the necessary information should have gotten a confirmation email a few minutes ago.

If you need your address to be updated but have not gotten an email with the subject "HMKB address change confirmation" yet, please contact me via email or pm. Though check your spam prior, please.

« Reply #535 on: Sun, 19 December 2021, 07:26:11 »
UPDATE - SHIPPING STARTED

Some of you may have already noticed, that shipping has begun. Some have already received their HMKB. Earlybirds get shipped first. Then it will go from low to high order number. This isn't strict though, since a lot is stacked and therefore some variants are more accessible than others. That's why some low order numbers might not be sent early whereas some higher order numbers might be sent earlier because it good to have it out of the way. So don't be confused when you see others with a higher order number getting shipped before yours.

Offline Automata-killa

« Reply #536 on: Mon, 20 December 2021, 03:04:57 »
UPDATE - SHIPPING STARTED

Some of you may have already noticed, that shipping has begun. Some have already received their HMKB. Earlybirds get shipped first. Then it will go from low to high order number. This isn't strict though, since a lot is stacked and therefore some variants are more accessible than others. That's why some low order numbers might not be sent early whereas some higher order numbers might be sent earlier because it good to have it out of the way. So don't be confused when you see others with a higher order number getting shipped before yours.
ETA on extras?

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #537 on: Mon, 20 December 2021, 09:06:40 »
UPDATE - SHIPPING STARTED"Earlybirds"
  :D :D :D and to think I was given so much flak for saying you won't see anything for at least another 6 months when Q4 2020 was 100% guaranteed... not even at my most cynical could I have predicted it would be another 12 months before 'earlybirds' started shipping.

Offline bloodparticle

• A through hole keyboard fan!
Re: [GB] HEAVY METAL KEYBOARDS [SHIPPING]
« Reply #538 on: Mon, 20 December 2021, 11:30:32 »
I will be ready for round 2.  :cool:

Offline yhs

« Reply #539 on: Tue, 11 January 2022, 01:34:14 »
Have there been any further updates regarding the progress of getting the boards shipped out  on discord or similar? Just wondering as I’m not following there.

Offline Liub

« Reply #540 on: Tue, 11 January 2022, 02:04:12 »
Have there been any further updates regarding the progress of getting the boards shipped out  on discord or similar? Just wondering as I’m not following there.

No besides Plastik mentioning he's shipped 126 orders on 6th of Jan.

Offline Handke

« Reply #541 on: Tue, 11 January 2022, 04:24:31 »
round 2 needs a 100% layout option

Offline ddnomad

« Reply #542 on: Tue, 18 January 2022, 05:39:29 »
[mention]PlastikSchnittstelle [/mention]I’ve contacted you on Discord regarding an “emergency” address change. Hopefully it’s not too late and thanks in advance.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #543 on: Fri, 11 February 2022, 09:24:42 »
A race has materialized from the ether: Which will arrive first? My Clickiez switches, or my HMKBs. Providence will decide what they go in first.

Offline kajahtaa

« Reply #544 on: Mon, 14 February 2022, 18:24:01 »
You made my Valentine's Day Plastik

Offline rinkaan

« Reply #545 on: Mon, 14 February 2022, 19:36:47 »
Is that the stainless version? Hows the heft? I ordered a 65% with a brass plate.. Wondering how it would feel lol

Offline ddnomad

« Reply #546 on: Tue, 15 February 2022, 11:24:53 »
Yo, any updates on shipping? Like how far are we from getting all the units shipped?

Offline HungerMechanic

« Reply #547 on: Tue, 15 February 2022, 13:53:51 »

Wow, they are real! Wasn't really sure.

Yeah, I wonder how far down the list he is getting. I haven't even received a shipping notification yet.

Offline jbodswor

« Reply #548 on: Tue, 15 February 2022, 15:58:25 »
Yo, any updates on shipping? Like how far are we from getting all the units shipped?

Any update on shipping?  I am order #1684 for a Stainless 75%.  I hope it is shipped soon.  2 years is a long time to wait.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #549 on: Tue, 15 February 2022, 16:27:01 »

Wow, they are real! Wasn't really sure.

Yeah, I wonder how far down the list he is getting. I haven't even received a shipping notification yet.

Discord makes it sound like order # may be less important than which variants are most accessible from where they're packed into storage, though I didn't spy any numbers that sounded outlandishly out of order either.