geekhack Projects > Making Stuff Together!

Alvaro USB C Pro Micro Clone

(1/5) > >>

Ariamella:
Just wanted to make a USB C Pro Micro clone I could easily solder together that doesn't use parts I can barely see and will disappear when I breath on them. Soldering one takes about an hour for me. This design needs to be panelized to work with JLC PCBA, according to feedback from other users.

The photo is of V1.0, whereas the renders are of the latest version.

CAD files here: https://github.com/Ariamelon/Alvaro

Changelog:

* 27/09/2020: Initial commit.
* 29/09/2020: Switched D1 size from SOD323 to SOD123.
* 13/10/2020: Updated to V1.1. Added F1 1206 500mA polyfuse.
* 17/10/2020: Updated to V1.2. Moved location of parts closer to center.
* 31/10/2020: Updated to V1.3. Added 0603 power indicator LED, changed R6 from 10k to 1k LED resistor.
* 29/11/2020: Updated to V1.4. Increased size of 3225 crystal pads, changed USB C THT holes back to single oval shape, added THT pad under 32u4 to allow for the entire thing to be hand-soldered easier.
* 3/12/2020: Updated to V1.5. Decreased size of 3225 crystal pads again and changed them to THT. Staggered components to allow for easier soldering.

suicidal_orange:
I was looking for 'wasted' space on v1.0 and couldn't see any yet you managed to fit a 'big' fuse on v1.1 - very impressive!

Thanks for sharing the files :thumb:

Findecanor:
Easier to solder? Good work!

I noticed that the pins on short edge are those of the older Goldfish revision B, not matching Goldfish revision C and Elite-C.
Was that intentional or a gaffe? ;)

Ariamella:

--- Quote from: suicidal_orange on Sat, 17 October 2020, 06:29:27 ---I was looking for 'wasted' space on v1.0 and couldn't see any yet you managed to fit a 'big' fuse on v1.1 - very impressive!

Thanks for sharing the files :thumb:

--- End quote ---

Thank you! 1.2 is even tighter for better compatibility with pin headers :)

--- Quote from: Findecanor on Sat, 17 October 2020, 09:33:01 ---Easier to solder? Good work!

I noticed that the pins on short edge are those of the older Goldfish revision B, not matching Goldfish revision C and Elite-C.
Was that intentional or a gaffe? ;)

--- End quote ---

Most definitely a gaffe but thankfully it was just the silkscreen that was off! The pins electrically match the Elite C and Goldfish Rev C :) fixed for 1.2!

gorbachev:
I've got a set coming in next week from JLCPCB. Nice work! Can't wait to try these out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version