geekhack Community > Input Devices

Wacom Tablet

<< < (5/5)

Scragg:
I have owned 10 or so wacom/offbrand tablets in the past 20 years or so. Stick with wacom and or ipad pro 12.9.

offbrand tablets don't have as good of a warranty or customer service and typically just feel cheap. (with the exception of xencelabs)
recently I tried a samsung tablet and returned it almost immediately. I have not tried a surface tablet since the second revision however.

long and short of it

Wacom: blender, photoshop, clip (pc)
ipad pro 12.9: procreate, clip (ios)

since you are creating comics I think that the Pc version of clip would be better in the long run, but there is something to be said about the portability of the ipad.

if you get a cintiq save up for the expensive models. I have the 22 inch 1080p model and regret it nearly every time I use it, but it is still much higher quality than any of the xp-pen, huion, or gaomon tablets I have used.

granola bar enthusiast:
i have used a gaomon s620 before and after upgrading to a used cth 680 it was amazing, despite it being a new grip and area i got a top play in osu in the first 4 hours of gameplay and while this isn't going to be the case for most people, i found it much easier to get used to than gaomon's tablets.

the pen is exponentially thinner and allows you to hold it like you would hold a pencil and while it doesn't have as good of a refresh rate as the S620 it's good enough and you don't notice the lower refresh rate at all.

for drawing, i would recommend one of wacom's tablet's that have screen's but for osu or for basic stuff (like writing out homework, math equations, basic sketches, etc.) their cth series is wonderful

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version