Author Topic: [IC] GMK Fleuriste - GB JAN 25-FEB 25  (Read 59699 times)

Offline Mecxs

Re: [IC] GMK Fleuriste - GB STARTS ON JANUARY 25
« Reply #100 on: Sun, 02 January 2022, 15:36:37 »
It's priced reasonably with that number of keys and compatibility, Kono priced a smaller R2 Firefly Tkl base with even higher price even tho it's R2. If you compare 2 base kits, look at its version then its size then how many custome colors or molds. Fleuriste base is priced nicely tbh.

Yes. Both firefly and this set are overpriced. Kono hasn't changed and still routinely charges huge prices for the sets that they run. Glad you agree with me.

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #101 on: Sun, 02 January 2022, 17:13:48 »
It's priced reasonably with that number of keys and compatibility, Kono priced a smaller R2 Firefly Tkl base with even higher price even tho it's R2. If you compare 2 base kits, look at its version then its size then how many custome colors or molds. Fleuriste base is priced nicely tbh.

Yes. Both firefly and this set are overpriced. Kono hasn't changed and still routinely charges huge prices for the sets that they run. Glad you agree with me.
Fleuriste is priced lower than I expected at Kono, it's actually nicely priced. However, Firefly R2 is stupidly priced.

Offline Mecxs

« Reply #102 on: Sun, 02 January 2022, 17:50:48 »
Fleuriste is priced lower than I expected at Kono, it's actually nicely priced. However, Firefly R2 is stupidly priced.

The fact that a single set with worse value exists doesn't make this well priced.

It's $167 if I want a numpad. I can get than for $135 from other sets.

It's $120 if I don't want a numpad. I can get that for $110 from other sets.

Kono's pricing is always high. This is not an exception, and you are wrong to say that it is. Keep arguing if you want, it won't change that fact.

Offline StingrayShuffle

Re: [IC] GMK Fleuriste - GB STARTS ON JANUARY 25 / KONO PRICES
« Reply #103 on: Sun, 02 January 2022, 19:47:51 »
Can you two take your debate to DMs rather than clog up the IC with your opinions on vendor pricing? If the set is to your liking and falls within your budget, consider it. If not, there are dozens of other sets in IC to consider purchasing.

Offline scoopbb

« Reply #104 on: Sun, 02 January 2022, 23:49:11 »
set looks great, unfortunate that you cant get a 2nd 2u anywhere in 40s or spacebars.

Offline CLAP_STUDIO

« Reply #105 on: Sun, 09 January 2022, 01:48:24 »
joined!

Offline Jebus

Re: [IC] GMK Fleuriste - GB JANUARY 25 / HIBI COLLAB ANNOUNCEMENT
« Reply #106 on: Sun, 09 January 2022, 08:44:51 »
Hey folks!

Quick update on upcoming collabs. I'm excited to announce the HIBIxFLEURISTE collab and later down the line you can expect another novelty cap from MOZIcaps!

On another note, I still don't have finalised prices for all regions but I hope we'll have those soon as well.

Offline aliden

« Reply #107 on: Sun, 16 January 2022, 15:53:33 »
Can't wait for this GB to start and to actually see the MOZICAPS collab :D

Offline crystal

« Reply #108 on: Sun, 16 January 2022, 16:47:38 »
Very nice!

Offline Dinerenblanc

« Reply #109 on: Tue, 18 January 2022, 21:56:47 »
This set is effing beautiful. Day one GB for me.

Offline derPuntigamer

• NorDe is nonnegotiable
Re: [IC] GMK Fleuriste - GROUP BUY JANUARY 25 - FEBRUARY 25
« Reply #110 on: Thu, 20 January 2022, 05:08:08 »
I really like the flair of this set! It is probably way too late to suggest something like this, but being a primarily "dark on bright" set, it could have been done in PBT. GKM lead times and prices with custom colors... I am a year in with GMK Stealth and production is still not on the horizon. :eek: ePBT would also allow lower MQOs for kits like NorDe, I assume.

Offline Jebus

« Reply #111 on: Thu, 20 January 2022, 07:59:24 »
I really like the flair of this set! It is probably way too late to suggest something like this, but being a primarily "dark on bright" set, it could have been done in PBT. GKM lead times and prices with custom colors... I am a year in with GMK Stealth and production is still not on the horizon. :eek: ePBT would also allow lower MQOs for kits like NorDe, I assume.
Absolutely! It's been three thirds of a year since the set entered IC and a lot of things changed since then. Some things I would do differently, some things the same but I wanted to get it done with GMK from the start so I just want to go through with that. Obviously I had no idea how complicated things will get (we had to wait an unusually long time to even get the quotes) but here we are :)

With the GB date just around the corner, prices are coming in for the set, I'll update this as soon as I get the remaining prices:

Thank you for the compliments and the feedback everyone! See you on the 25th!

Offline SoupIsTasty5

Re: [IC] GMK Fleuriste - GB JAN 25-FEB 25 / US, GB, AU, LAT PRICES
« Reply #112 on: Fri, 21 January 2022, 01:44:23 »
Very few keycap sets hit that sweetspot inbetween a truly retro vibe, evoking memories of the IBMs, Dells & Apple vibes from the 80s like GMK 9009 or Sandstorm do. Or, the fresh looks ranging from either pastel to vivid like GMK Camping, Tuzi or Camping. This set, GMK Fleuriste does that! It hits that retro feel, while feeling updated n' fresh. Personally, only GMK Birch has also hit this sweetspot. Incredible color choices, with wonderful accent keys.

Offline aliden

« Reply #113 on: Fri, 21 January 2022, 06:55:28 »
Absolutely! It's been three thirds of a year since the set entered IC and a lot of things changed since then. Some things I would do differently, some things the same but I wanted to get it done with GMK from the start so I just want to go through with that. Obviously I had no idea how complicated things will get (we had to wait an unusually long time to even get the quotes) but here we are :)

With the GB date just around the corner, prices are coming in for the set, I'll update this as soon as I get the remaining prices:

Show Image

No MOZIcaps then? :(

Offline Jebus

« Reply #114 on: Fri, 21 January 2022, 10:41:59 »
Very few keycap sets hit that sweetspot inbetween a truly retro vibe, evoking memories of the IBMs, Dells & Apple vibes from the 80s like GMK 9009 or Sandstorm do. Or, the fresh looks ranging from either pastel to vivid like GMK Camping, Tuzi or Camping. This set, GMK Fleuriste does that! It hits that retro feel, while feeling updated n' fresh. Personally, only GMK Birch has also hit this sweetspot. Incredible color choices, with wonderful accent keys.
That's a huge compliment, thank you!  :D

Show Image

No MOZIcaps then? :(
As far as I know, the caps are still in the works. I need to talk to beancombo (creator of mozicaps) if he has progress on it, but I expect it to drop during GB. :)

Offline whee74

« Reply #115 on: Fri, 21 January 2022, 14:01:42 »
the deskmats are so simple yet elegant. love the concept!

Offline Thon

« Reply #116 on: Mon, 24 January 2022, 23:08:31 »
reserved and creamed

Offline Jebus

« Last Edit: Tue, 25 January 2022, 06:09:58 by Jebus »

Offline seb4st0s

Re: [IC] GMK Fleuriste - GB JAN 25-FEB 25
« Reply #118 on: Tue, 25 January 2022, 05:38:38 »
these are kits inspired by france and there is not even a layout azerty fr  :(

Offline Jebus

« Reply #119 on: Tue, 25 January 2022, 06:09:37 »
Unfortunately, based on the feedback I gathered, interest in a Norde kit was extremely low and mentions of french azerty layout even lower.
Despite the inspiration being Paris, I wanted the set to reach wider audiences, so I tried to communicate the inspiration through design.
I still hope you find something you like in the set. :)

On another note, the pages for Kono, Prototypist and zFrontier are up with the first two already live! You can find all the links on the GB page.
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 January 2022, 06:12:01 by Jebus »

Offline seb4st0s

« Reply #120 on: Tue, 25 January 2022, 06:59:04 »
Unfortunately, based on the feedback I gathered, interest in a Norde kit was extremely low and mentions of french azerty layout even lower.
Despite the inspiration being Paris, I wanted the set to reach wider audiences, so I tried to communicate the inspiration through design.
I still hope you find something you like in the set. :)

On another note, the pages for Kono, Prototypist and zFrontier are up with the first two already live! You can find all the links on the GB page.

I know the problem, the French market is a very small market, we are the only ones to have this layout so it is difficult to find qualitative ones

Thank you for your answer  :thumb:

Offline Jebus

« Reply #121 on: Wed, 26 January 2022, 03:44:23 »
ALL PROXIES ARE LIVE!
You can find all the links to the proxies and prices on the GB PAGE