Author Topic: Hey everyone. Very new to the scene, but want to learn and start building!  (Read 1049 times)

Offline stinkypete

Hey there! Im Scott, or Pete, mid 30s dude in the US. Just recently got into the keyboard scene, and there is SOOO much out there that I have no idea whats what half the time. So just kinda wanna browse forums, ask some questions, meet some friendly knowledgeable people, and spend a bunch of money I dont have on fancy keyboards lol. Good to meet you. Feel free to message with questions or anything at all.
-StinkyPete / Scott

Offline stinkypete

Re: Hey everyone. Very new to the scene, but want to learn and start building!
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 12 October 2021, 04:14:18 »
Quick follow up, I'm pretty sure I would like to find a 80% board, hot swap, and Gat ink blacks or just blacks if I cant get inks. looking to buy pre-assembled, since I'm very new. I thought I wanted to keep the 10 key, and a friend suggested the Keychron K4 wireless. So that's what I got, with reds because the browns were unavailable. I hate this layout. To many keys jammed together. And I had mx blues on my previous board (yes, I have realized how horrible those are) but I am used to that resistance. The Gat reds have a 45  actuation  and I want at least 55 if not 60. Sooo general question, do you have any sites that offer simple builds online, come completed in the mail? I know of Keychron, epomaker, 1up, kbdfans, and r/mk and MM. But that all gets pretty complicated. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.