Author Topic: Any instock 60%/65% boards?  (Read 2646 times)

Offline Itachi

Any instock 60%/65% boards?
« on: Tue, 09 November 2021, 12:15:21 »
Hello!

I am trying to build to a 60%/65% keyboard, but I am having a tough time finding something in stock. I see that the kbdlite67 is out black Friday. If I can get something before that time though I would go towards that.

Is there any other keyboard around I should be looking at?

Thanks

Offline HappyB0T

• I'm a Piggie
Re: Any instock 60%/65% boards?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 11 November 2021, 09:33:24 »
Hello!

I am trying to build to a 60%/65% keyboard, but I am having a tough time finding something in stock. I see that the kbdlite67 is out black Friday. If I can get something before that time though I would go towards that.

Thanks

bakeneko is fantastic for a 60 and is in stock. Otherwise check the website below for instock stuffs
https://thocstock.com/

Offline Itachi

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 12 November 2021, 01:53:43 »
Hello!

Thanks

bakeneko is fantastic for a 60 and is in stock. Otherwise check the website below for instock stuffs
https://thocstock.com/

I didn't see this message, but I did a bit of research and ended up with the bakeneko60! I first bought the tofu65, but I ended up returning it since it seemed like a similar experience to my current board.

I saw that the bakeneko had another release so I figured I should give this one a shot!

Offline Keebwerk

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 25 November 2021, 15:31:09 »
Our Keebwerk mega. is an instock
65%, all metal, 5 colours per part, semi gasket mount, hotswap, casefoam  :thumb:

Blackfriday deals starting tomorrow.

Offline MARVODIY

• MARVODIY
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 25 November 2021, 21:35:11 »

Offline kahlilnc

• KNC Keys LLC
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 07 December 2021, 23:41:52 »
Can't go wrong with the Bak. Not many people know of this, but you can buy a half-plate from Carolina Mech and pair it with CK Soldered PCB or Checker Board's NOP60 PCB (Flex cut) for max flex. Lowkey so much bounce and flex that the bottom of the pcb hits the bottom of the case. This may not be the same problem with a regular soldered pcb and half plate combo. A small layer of silicone or pe foam can fix that though. The only thing I disliked about my Bak was the hollowness toward the edges of the board. And that is something YouTubers haven't addressed. No way it can just be me because I have owned two of them... I did the silicone mod and that fixed it.

Offline Bub

• big bub's beepers
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 08 December 2021, 09:09:49 »
Can't go wrong with the Bak. Not many people know of this, but you can buy a half-plate from Carolina Mech and pair it with CK Soldered PCB or Checker Board's NOP60 PCB (Flex cut) for max flex. Lowkey so much bounce and flex that the bottom of the pcb hits the bottom of the case. This may not be the same problem with a regular soldered pcb and half plate combo. A small layer of silicone or pe foam can fix that though. The only thing I disliked about my Bak was the hollowness toward the edges of the board. And that is something YouTubers haven't addressed. No way it can just be me because I have owned two of them... I did the silicone mod and that fixed it.

Haha! I got the half plate + soldered combo. Its really nice. Use it for my work board. I do have some bottom out issues with the CK soldered pcb, but if everything is positioning 100% correctly, it doesn't cause an issue. Just takes a little bit more diligence to set the pcb + plate into the case.