Author Topic: Black Friday Best Prebuilt 60 percent(clicky)?  (Read 1421 times)

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
Black Friday Best Prebuilt 60 percent(clicky)?
« on: Tue, 23 November 2021, 09:29:26 »
My keyboard is starting to wear out, i don't know it doesn't feel that nice anymore. I'm now not a fan of linear switches because they provide little to no tactile or audio feedback, plus they're so light that they kinda make my hands tired. I am currently working at my part time job at my local stadium. In addition, i also need a new mousepad because the one i have been using for 2 years is too small and i keep hitting the edges as i'm trying to do voltaic.

As the title says i'm looking for a keyboard thats clicky and 60 percent without going over my budget of 230 (canadian) dollars. Should i save up until the Grey Cup Paycheck, or should i spend now? I am getting a 200-300 dollar paycheck on December 1st. I also have amazon prime from my fathers account as well.

For context, i will work the most hours on the Grey Cup Shift, since it's like the Super Bowl but for canadians.
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 November 2021, 09:35:20 by Sintpinty »

Offline MIGHTY CHICKEN

• buck buck, cluck cluck, squawk squawk
Re: Black Friday Best Prebuilt 60 percent(clicky)?
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 23 November 2021, 09:35:19 »
Only prebuilt I would rec would be a Leopold, but they don’t have 60 maybe a womier k61 with a lil tuning and some extra caps?

Or a Miya from vermillio, maybe a key chron

Since this is THE hobby, you could always save up a lil more and get some cooler 60s with box jades or smth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 23 November 2021, 09:41:06 »
Only prebuilt I would rec would be a Leopold, but they don’t have 60 maybe a womier k61 with a lil tuning and some extra caps?

Since this is THE hobby, you could always save up a lil more and get some cooler 60s with box jades or smth

The GMMK is looking like a good option right now especially since i can swap out the switches for something like razer greens (my ideal clickies) or box whites. I might order that on Amazon or their website.

Offline MIGHTY CHICKEN

• buck buck, cluck cluck, squawk squawk
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 23 November 2021, 09:42:48 »
If you do feel like going a non-prebuilt route, you can always get the bakeneko which is hotswap and should fit nicely into your budget

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 23 November 2021, 10:49:04 »

The GMMK is looking like a good option right now especially since i can swap out the switches for something like razer greens (my ideal clickies) or box whites. I might order that on Amazon or their website.

Razer greens are ideal? Which clicky switches have you tried so far? Razer's are made by Kailh or Greetech, neither of which make good MX clones. I can't imagine you would choose anything MX if you tried a few decent alternatives.

Offline HungerMechanic

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 23 November 2021, 13:59:13 »
Looks like he's gonna need hotswap. To try out the various clicky switches.

Zeal clickies are coming soon, too.

GMMK might actually be a decent choice. If it's their basic 60%, you should at least lube the stabilizers, maybe buy the Cherry-style gold-plated plate-mount stabilizers if BF prices are in-effect. I've used these to replace stabilizers on entry-level hotswap keyboards, and they're good.